South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 10:22 PM   #1  

Default Inspirations?

Besides the usual wanting to be healthy, thin, fit into smaller clothing, what are you inspirations for keeping it going? mine might sound weird but i DREAM of posting a before/after picture on here and everywhere (anywhere! hahaha!) so i can see how far i've come. but mostly on this board since everyone has been so wonderful. i'm still several months away from that but it keeps me going. what are your offbeat inspirations?
Old 06-29-2004, 10:56 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Not so offbeat...many on here have the same, but my major inspiration is to be healthy enough to have a wonderful pregnancy and a healthy child. Also to have enough energy to be a good mom to that child and others we have--to run and play with them and never be so tired that we can't play tag.

I am also inspired by the thought of being well enough to enjoy life, to go for walks with DH and the dog, to dance again (ballet), and to feel comfortable out in public.

Great topic, Pika!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I want to fit into all the great clothes I've got hanging in my closet. I HATE trying on clothes when I'm shopping, and I'll often come home with stuff that doesn't fit. So there's a ton of stuff in my dressing room that I've never even worn!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:29 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I want to look sexy in smaller clothes. I with you Ellis I have a ton a smaller sizes in my closet as things get to big they go out to someone who can use them.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:28 AM   #5  

I want to have the energy to keep up with my son. I want to be able to go off as much of my blood pressure medicine as possible (maybe all?) I want to get my cholesterol low enough that my doctor doesn't put me on cholesterol medicine.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:49 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I want to wear a bikini.

Oh and wear a "wife beater" and look good in it. A "wb" is a sleeveless under/T-shirt. I hate using that phrase but when I state it, people know what I am talking about. Kinda like Lara Croft in Tombraider.

Those are two of my motivations. Of course, to fit into a size 12 and or less...
Old 06-30-2004, 10:03 AM   #7  

I second Laurie on the aspects of motherhood that will be enhanced by good health. Also, setting examples for my child(ren)- healthy eating and exercise is just what we do.

The other thing I want is to be a "hot mom". I am going to be forty in the next few years and I want to look GOOD. I want to be a healthy, fit, toned size 10- I want to take my kid(s) to soccer, dance, wherever and feel good and know that I LOOK good.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:26 AM   #8  
Faith in me

I would also like to wear a bikini one day. I would also love to walk into a regular clothing store and just be able to try on anything there in my size! I also just want to be healthy!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:38 AM   #9  
Conquering with SBD

I have lots of inspirations, many of which you have already stated...

Yes, the bikini, and oh yeah I want to look sexy in clothes, and be healthy.

One of my major inspirations stems from the start of my weight problem. I did not have a problem until I was about 35 and found myself in a very stressful job...one where the management was very malicious and demanding. I started to gain weight through the stress that I was under - not eating anything different, often not eating at all, but not metabolising anything. It was not unusual to gain 20 lb. overnight. I eventually changed jobs, but have since found that every time I am under stress, I gain uncontrollably.

Since I understand that issue, I am angry at the people who started this problem - one lady, in particular. I am determined that I am going to beat this problem and not let my weight be a lifetime reminder of the unhappy year I spent with that company.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I want to be able to take my clothes off in front of my husband, I never have yet But my main inspiration was my children, I want to live to see them graduate, and get married, and meet my grandchildren!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:50 AM   #11  
I found my hipbones!

Well, one of the top things on my "I want to lose weight for these reasons" list, is "better sex." I don't know about you guys, buy I hafta say my stamina in that area has only improved....

Also, we have lots of heart problems/knee problems/diabetes in the family. I want to head that off if I possibly can. Plus, this last Christmas, my sister was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis, which unlike viral hepatitis, is a genetic disease where the immune system attacks the liver. She was very jaundiced and spent about 3 weeks in the hospital; we came really close to losing her. It REALLY freaked me out with there being a genetic link, so one of my big reasons for losing weight is to keep my liver as healthy as I can.

I've already shared with you guys about the bridesmaid dress to be squished into by Sept. 4. Lastly, I'm wanting to lose weight to help with finding a new job. I wish the world didn't work this way, but it does seem true that employers respond better to non-overweight people. I can use any edge I can find.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:38 PM   #12  
Traci

My inspirations are:
Getting to finally open the box in the top of my closet labeled "skinny clothes" that has been mocking me.
Show up my Atkins friends (hehe)
Feeling sexy again
Being the healthiest I've ever been
Put on my favorite belt that I haven't been able to wear since pre-preggo
Wear JEANS instead of PANTS
Clothes shopping in the Jr's section again instead of the Women's section
Old 06-30-2004, 04:10 PM   #13  
I found my hipbones!

Belts! Oh my gosh! I have to add that to my list. Haven't worn anything with a belt for as long as I can remember.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:53 PM   #14  

I want to be one of those really active families that go bush walking, skiing, kayaking and bike riding. I do some of that now (my daughter is 8) but I know I am not going to keep up with her much longer if I don't lose some weight and get a lot fitter.

I also want to look hot in jeans!
Closed Thread