South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 01:30 PM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Post mini-goals

Since June turned out to be a total flop for me, I need some motivation.

I just booked a ticket to see one of my very best friends in Puerto Rico the last weekend in August. We haven't seen each other since last October, and I was at least 25 lbs. heavier then.

I also bought a bathing suit for the first time in forever. The last one I had was a size 24 -- and was what I affectionately refer to as my moo-moo suit -- a 2 piece suit that had oversize briefs with a little skirt and a top that ballooned out and over the briefs. I looked like a buoy out in the water...

Anyway, I went shopping with a friend last Thursday [the new apartment-guest] and I bought a real 2 piece, in a size 16!!! Now, it's no bikini: it's a shirt and brief but it's a normal/non-skirt brief. I feel quite self conscious in it --although I think my thighs are getting more muscular and less like cottage cheese It's still a bit tight in the b00b area as well.

So I am setting up a mini-goal for myself for the first time ever. By August 21st, the weekend before my trip, I would like to not only have lost 10 lbs., but look leaner -- and be toned.

I don't know how many lbs. = going down a size for me. Although I guess I could figure that out [just did and it's 11]. Even better would be shrinking so that the suit doesn't fit!!! So I am totally keeping the tags ON it. Unless I wear it before August.

Anyway, I am rambling because I just got motivated again after a very, very high cheat weekend [see my online journal].

Anyone else have any mini-goals?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:35 PM   #2  

Good luck to you Jenne. I'm sure you can lose that 10 pounds by August 21st and you will look smashing My swimsuit has a little skirt on it, lol, that is the only type I'll wear cause of the cottage cheese factor. I could be a twig but I'd still have cottage cheese to deal with.

What gym do you go to?
Old 06-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #3  
I found my hipbones!

My mini goal is to look at least half-way decent in the HALTER TOP bridesmaid dress by best friend picked for her wedding in September. I'm glad she showed us WAY ahead of time what the dresses would look like b/c it has given me time to shed a lot of pounds.

I chose 220 as my goal weight for her wedding day b/c it is about what I weighed when I got married 4 years ago, and I liked the way I looked in those pics. The way it looks now, I should be just under that goal by September 4th (maybe 216-ish).

I thought, back when I started this diet, that if I actually met the September 4th goal, my next goal would be to be in ONEderland by Christmas. I would LOVE to be able to show off in front of the in-laws. You know, to give them something nice to say about me behind my back...

Jenn, congrats on the new tiny swimsuit! You've still got plenty of time to lose those 11 lbs. I'm still trying to get up the nerve to buy shorts for vacation next month. I've got a ways to go before I'm brave enough for swimgear...

Last edited by fuzzy324; 06-28-2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:21 PM   #4  

LOL WendyJo

I almost spit the cottage cheese I WAS eating out onto the screen. I didn't mean to insult anyone who wears those skirt suits. It's just that I haven't *NOT* worn one since I was maybe, 12? Sorry for the double negative there...

I go to the Y by my house. And I love it!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:23 PM   #5  

Oh, and by the way, from looking at the Tally on your website I think that you've been doing very well. Don't be too hard on yourself girl!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:34 PM   #6  

Thanks Fuzzy - it's not tiny YET. Good luck on your goal too! I think you are well on your way!

When I get to my goal size [12], I think I might just throw a party!
Old 06-28-2004, 04:23 PM   #7  

Ya better invite me!
Old 06-28-2004, 04:38 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jenn, super congrats on that suit! It sounds fabulous and tankinis are very in, so no one will look sideways at you in it. So cool!

My mini goal is to lose 50 pounds by August 8. I'm going to a conference in Pittsburgh then, and staying at this wonderful old hotel. They have a very yummy-sounding spa there, and if I lose the 50 pounds, I'm going to get a back exfoliation, head rub, and pedicure. Ahhhhhhh....

I think I'm going to make it...especially if this apparent break in my plateau is predictive...
Old 06-28-2004, 04:53 PM   #9  

ahhhhh. A spa day. Sounds like a lovely reward. And you are so there Laurie!

I initially said that when I lost 50 lbs., I'd get the tatoo I've wanted for years. Considering I didn't want the thing to be all droopy and on lose skin.

Now that I am there, I am too chicken. I think it'll be my reward for my goal weight. I think.

Right now, maybe I can focus on making a goal for these next two weeks as an incentive to stay OP and back on P! [so far so good]. Perhaps a massage?????

I haven't gotten one since my ex and I split. And even then it wasn't good!

Jenn
Old 06-28-2004, 04:59 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jenn, that sounds like a great reward! : I love finding healthy things to do for myself that have good long lasting effects (unlike the long lasting effects of some food...).

I hope you have a wonderful, decadent massage that makes you feel as good as you look!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:22 PM   #11  

Default Hurrah for swimsuits

Jenn, hurrah, you must celebrate as that is great news. Most women who are the least bit self conscious won't even venture out from board shorts, like me. I know you've been bummed out lately, but keep up the good work and don't be too hard on yourself. The rest of the world is pretty good at doing that for us.

My mini goal is to be a comfy size 8 by the time I go back home for Xmas. Would be even grander if my ex...who was nice but in the past 24 hours has turned into a complete prat because he's suddenly decided he's not dealing with ex-wife issues as he told me when we broke up a month ago but he really has been in love with someone else the past ten years....saw me and realized even more what a mistake it was to let me go for a second time. Not that I'm hung up on him or anything

Yes I know I've got baggage, but it's cute and it matches!
Old 06-29-2004, 02:01 AM   #12  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Woohoo for size 16!!! I don't know when I will go down a size either. I think the mini goals are the best bet since it won't seem like it is so far away. Congrats!!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:42 AM   #13  

Jenn, the massage idea is a great one, and I really admire your commitment to the exercise and toning up too....I get a bit optimistic about that, hoping it will all just drop away and I will look great like I did when I lost weight aged 15......

hmm. No chance.

And the bathing costume sounds wonderful. I agonise over what style to get every year and always go for the lifeguard black look, which makes me look a bit like a very large corpse. Black is not my colour, clothes wise. I have vaguely ginger hair....ish.

anyway, mini goals. I would like to lose 12lbs by the middle of August. I am off on hols for five weeks at that time. But I also would like to tone up a bit. I am going to do the Goddess workout that I bought on Ellis's inspiration a few months ago.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:41 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

My mini goal was to get my belly button done pierced but I too have chicked out. I really don't like pain. I would like to lose 15 by the end of the summer. Jen the cottage cheese thighs cracked me up I was just commenting on mine on Sat as I was in the dressing rooms trying on clothes.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:02 AM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

Jenn...Way to go. Big hugs to you for the step towards a mini goal.

I don't know if I would be able to lose weight without setting mini goals for myself. When I don't see a notable mini goal in sight, I often just reward myself when the scale goes below the next 5 lb. increment mark. Then I concentrat on trying to manage to get to the next one. It isn't much, but it keeps me a bit motivated.

My next mini goal, though, is to lose 8 lb. in the next 3 weeks. We are leaving for Puerto Vallarta on July 17 and I want to be in to my tankini by then. When I lost weight before, it fit at 142 lbs., so I am setting that as my goal.

Unfortunately, I started out by going off program slightly yesterday and gained 1 lb. However, I am back OP today, will do Phase 1 today, then back on the regular program. Hopefully, there won't be too much damage from the slip.

Looking forward to reading your posts and celebrating your successes with you. Take care.
Closed Thread