Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2001, 11:11 AM   #1  

Angry

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2001. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Back to post in a minute. G
Old 05-28-2001, 11:21 AM   #2  

Good Morning!

Can't believe there was no one around to start the new thread. Must be my lucky day.

Feelingblue, so good to hear from you again. Wow, Hong Kong. It does sound very exotic. My son-in-law is an airline pilot and flies there once in awhile. He really likes it too. What do you do there? Must have a very interesting job. I'm so glad you are continuing to post with us. Ongoing support is so very helpful. Keep up the good work and we will look forward to getting to know you better.

Angeleyes, great to hear from you too. You are doing terrific - keep it up and you will reach your goal before you know it.

It was a good weekend though. Ken did so well at the carving show. He took the first place award and also the People's Choice award for his carving, again. This is the second show that he has taken the People's Choice award. He was so excited when he got home last night. I promised I would take some photos of all his winnings for him.

For all of you Americans, have a wonderful Memorial Day. I have lots to do today because it is a regular old Monday (we should call it Moanday) for us and that means back to the old grind. Hope you all have a very safe and happy holiday. Love, G
Old 05-28-2001, 01:32 PM   #3  

I am back from Nova Scotia and I managed to find you. (I am the one who replies at the end of threads and someone 'moves' me to the new thread). How do you know when it is time to start a new thread? I don't see any numbers that would indicate you are reaching #29. Do you count the messages?

Anyway, I had a good time with my mother. She is doing well except for arthritis in her hip. If it weren't for that slowing her down I know she would run circles around me and she is 81. I must have been exhausted when I got there because every time I sat down I would fall asleep. I napped many of the afternoons while I was there. The only night I didn't sleep well was the night before I was to fly home. We had to get up at 4 to get to the airport on time and I guess I was afraid I would sleep in.

There was no eating between meals while I was there so I managed to maintain and not gain like I usually do when I am on vacation.

It is good to be home. Now back to my catching up.

Enjoy your holiday my American friends.

Jetall Judy
Old 05-28-2001, 07:45 PM   #4  
Mother Hen

Hello Everyone,

Sorry it's been so long since I've been around. My hubby, Cal, is in the hospital. The pain finally got so bad he agreed to let us take him in Sat. evening. Shortly after we got him admitted, he had a stroke. Now he is paralyzed from the waist down. He is so worried and depressed about being a burden on his family, he has just about given up. The doctors tell us he may never walk again. Please understand if you don't see me around much. Thanks to those of you who have sent e-mails asking about me. I love you all. More later when I know more on his condition.

Hugs, Judy
Old 05-28-2001, 09:54 PM   #5  

Judy, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about Cal. Please don't stay away from us any longer. We are here for each other through the good and bad times. You can lean on all of us. We have very broad shoulders. Keep your chin up Sweetie and know that you will be in my prayers. Post anytime you feel like it. Sending you a big cyberhug (((((Judy)))))

Don't forget to take care of you too. Love, G
Old 05-29-2001, 07:55 AM   #6  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi...and hello

Hi Blunder..(Judy), Please don't give up just because your husband has. Usually within a few days, more sensation starts to return to the paralysed area. He will need you more than ever. Wait and see what the doctors say in the next few days. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 05-29-2001, 08:03 AM   #7  
Long Lost Chickie

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about Cal. Please check in here when you can and keep us posted. And remember we all love you. You're in my heart and my prayers. {{{{Judy}}}}
Old 05-29-2001, 08:09 AM   #8  
Long Lost Chickie

Actually, I guess I'll post now before all heck breaks loose here. Have meetings meetings meetings for the next 3 days. Yuck.

The weather over the holiday weekend was lousy so we didn't get the garden planted. Instead, Jo stayed inside and ate everything she could get her hands on. When there was a brief break of sunshine, she decided to go outside....and find some junk food. Oh, it was not pretty.

Sat. AM weigh-in had me down another 0.8 lbs. so that was good. However, as of this morning I'm up something like 7 lbs!!! Now comes the process of undoing all that damage. We'll see.

Gotta run. First meeting starts in half an hour or so. Yuck.

Much love to you all.
Jo.

P.S. FeelingBlue, welcome! I'm not usually this whiny. I promise.
Old 05-29-2001, 11:28 AM   #9  

A Good Tuesday Morning to you all!

Jetall/Judy, glad that you found us again. The number of posts are listed under The Thin Group when you go there from Clubs and Groups. The reason we start a new thread is that some people cannot get more than 29 posts per page. Going into another page makes reading take too long, so for convenience sake, we end the thread at 29 posts. When there are more people around, it is a bit of a race sometimes to see who will start the new thread. Usually it is CJ, but she was away this weekend.

Jo, sorry your weekend was a little wet. Hope you enjoyed the time off though. That 7 lbs will come off very quickly. Pretty much the same thing happened to me and getting back strictly onplan has things moving in the right direction again. Junk food sure can do a number on you. I made a pot of veg soup yesterday - filling and low points. Should be 0 points, but I add a handful of wild rice to it for flavor and 1 T. of good olive oil - in a big pot of soup, that doesn't amount to much and makes a huge difference in the flavor. Anyways, you are doing so well, those pounds will be off in a couple of days, I know it. It really is difficult getting back to work after a long weekend, isn't it? Whining is allowed under the circumstances.

Feeling Blue, Hi to you! Hope you are still with us.

Judy, thinking of you.

Dreamer, still waiting to see some pictures of little Charlotte. Hope all is going well for you and your new family.

Ginabob, busy, busy as usual?

I have been thinking of some of our members that we have not heard from for a long time.

Julie, are you out there? It would be great to hear from you. We never did get to see those wedding pictures. How is married life? Hope you are really happy and having a great life.

Isabelle, how are things in your part of the world. Little Victor must be getting to be a big boy. Are you having another vacation on the French Riviera this year? We would love to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Chrissy, are you back from Disneyworld yet? Bet you all had a great time.

Sharon, has some of your company left yet? I know you are really having a wonderful visit with both your daughters. Happy Birthday to both of them - I know one of them has a birthday today and one next week. Have lots of fun and just a teenie piece of cake.

CJ, are you back from your cottage yet? Hahaha, I started the new thread. Gotcha this time. How goes the weight loss? Bet you will make that 10 lbs real soon.

MaryK, are you out there? Working very hard as usual, I would imagine. How are you doing?

I'd better get off here - going out for the day tomorrow, so want to get everything done here today. Have to prepare myself for lunch out tomorrow. Yikes! I always have really good intentions, but when the time comes, I turn into a real wimp and let the menu get control over me. TOMORROW, I WILL BE STRONG! Take care everyone. Love, G
Old 05-29-2001, 04:56 PM   #10  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

OK Girls. I've decided to try and post. This will hopefully be a nice long one. I have really had a busy few days. (You were right Gail - busy, busy as usual) I am getting ready for a trip to Dallas next week. I will be there for a whole week. It's the first time I've had that much time to spend there since I moved. Hopefully I will have a chance to catch up with everyone. I'll be there for a training class so my days should be full but the nights should be all fun!
I spent this entire last weekend with my parents. It gave me the opportunity to pay attention to all of the differences in my mom since her strokes two years ago. Once the doctor pointed out to me what to pay attention to it was obvious. She's still a tricky woman and was covering things up so we didn't notice! It was a hard thing to face but hopefully we can all be a little more patient with her now that we know what the problems actually are.

Kim - Sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's been just over a year since my grandma died and it's been very hard. I still go through those "feel sorry for me" periods. They get fewer and far between but they are still there. Good luck with Hannah. Keep us posted on her progress.

Gail - You have a great attitude. Get back in there and keep trying. Giving up is the only real failure. Way to go on the lbs down already. Just keep hanging in there.

Sandi - Congrats on your garage sale. I guess it is the season for that. I too wish the temps would stay up or down so I could pack away the uneeded clothes. Ohh. Olive Garden. . . I have been wanting to eat there again forever. I almost talked my parents into it this weekend but we had too much to do. I just love that place.

Carbfreak - Welcome to the group. I think you will love it. Everyone is very supportive.

CJ - Glad to see you among us again. Sounds like you have been very busy.

Sharon - Hope you had a great memorial day. Looks like you had more than a houseful. I hope they didn't wear you out. Congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great!

Feeling Blue - Also nice to have you with us. Keep checking in with us.

Jetall Judy - Welcome back. I am glad you had a safe trip and found your way back to us!

Angel-Eyes - Congrats on breaking through the plateau. I am on one of those right now and it is VERY frustrating. You give me hope!

Judy - I am so sorry to hear about Cal. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know it must be hard to deal when he has given up. Sometimes that is just a stage that stroke patients go through. Once they start to readjust to life things usually start to look up. I've gone through this with my mom and a close aunt. If you ever just need to unload feel free to e-mail me ([email protected]) (((((((JUDY)))))))

A big howdy to everyone I missed. I tried to post to everyone but I kept getting interupted here so I know I missed someone.

Love to all
Gina
Old 05-29-2001, 08:55 PM   #11  

Default Let me be the FIRST

Let me be the first to say BRAT to Gail!!!!!! Don't know how you got to start the new thread but you did.
All is pretty good here. I am still waiting for them to hire someone at work to replace the gal that left. I am not fond of working all those hours. My 3 little days a week were fine with me.
Went to a cookout Monday (after work) at least we didn't get rained on. But there were tornado warnings in the area.This is some crazy weather here.

Gail...Once again....BRAT BRAT BRAT!!!!!!!! Congrats on Ken winning all the awards he did. It isn't fair to have all the talent you two do in one family. Post those photos on your website when you take them. I would love to see them. Have you ever tried spicy V-8 in your veggie soup? It gives it a little kick.

Jetall..Sounds like your visit with your mom was a good one. You did well not eating between meals and maintaining. Good job.

Judy....So very sorry to hear about Cal. Yo are both in my prayers.

Jo.....Our holiday weather was bad on Sat and Sun but Monday was O.K. Don't worry about the 7 pounds. Just work hard and get them off.

Chrissy.....WELCOME HOME Got your postcard today. That's the usual way. You get the postcard after the person is home. Glad you had a great time.

ginabob.......Have a good time in Dallas. When did you move from there? We go there every year to visit my brother who lives in the H.E.B. area. Hurst, Euless, Bedford. Do you know that area?
It must be very hard to deal with such a change in your mom after her stroke. But having the understanding you have now helps.

Feeling Blue....How interesting. Hong Kong. tell us all about how you ended up there etc.

Time to go soak in a nice hot tub and relax and get ready for that four letter word for tomorrow. W O R K. I really enjoy my job just not all the hours lately. Love to all....Sandi
Old 05-31-2001, 06:22 AM   #12  

Default Feelingblue/better

Hi there everyone
Thank you all for your messages - makes me really happy to read them all.
Here I am in HK - just finishing the day when most of you are probably starting. And I have had another good one - I wish the same for you all.

Judy - I was so sorry to hear about Cal - my prayers go with you.

Sandi - when I have more time I will fill you in on the details of how I got here etc!! (Basically came on holiday, met my husband to be who was born here, married and had kids here........)

Ginabob - I will try to keep posting!

Gail, that soup sounds good! I am finding that having my main meal at lunchtime instead of evening helps me to get through the late afternoon - danger time! I guess my bloodsugar levels must stay fairly even that way.

Jello - you can whine as much as you like! I well know what those days are like!!

must go - it's stopped raining for a bit, and the dog needs walking!

Feelingblue/better
Old 05-31-2001, 08:34 AM   #13  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default Helloooo

Morning Ladies. Hoping to cope well today, as its day #5 of stuck at the same weight. I try to always think positive but ...well you know.....(same ol' same ol') even in "one-derland"...haha. Maybe I just need some good old FIBRE!!...LOL, Other than that, I've been working out and feeling really well, so I know that the scale WILL MOVE, but geez....would be nice to do it when I want it to do it. (but things just don't work like that do they?) Enjoy the day!!....and make the best food choices you possibly can. Bye
Old 05-31-2001, 11:17 AM   #14  

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE!

Gosh, what a fast week this has been. The weather is just beautiful today. Looks like a good weekend ahead.

Sandi, I keep looking for spicy V8 at the supermarket, but have never seen it anywhere I look. Maybe it is not available here. I cancelled my website a few months ago. Just didn't have the time to keep it up. Perhaps I will do another one sometime. Hope your job lets up a bit so you aren't so overworked. Take care.

Feeling blue/better, great to hear from you. I am so glad that you are feeling better. I don't think you are that far from me - pretty much right across the old Pacific. Oh well, sounds close anyways. Yes, I find the soup is pretty filling and it has fibre and is nutritious, so every once in awhile I throw on a pot. I miss it when I don't make it. Not a big fan of canned or packaged soups. Nothing beats homemade. You're right about keeping your blood sugar levels up. If I eat lightly during the day, by dinner I am literally starving and want to eat everything in sight, as well as being cranky and draggy. Not a pretty sight for sure.

Angel, don't worry, eventually the scale will move again. You are doing very well, so hang in there.

Ginabob, have a great time in Dallas. Watch out for that night life. Have fun.

Had a great time yesterday. Went shopping with my daughter and little grandaughter Cambree. It is exhausting shopping with a toddler. She is just so busy all the time. I was so tired, had to go to bed at ten o'clock last night.

Hope you all are having a good day so far. I'm off to get my hair highlighted and cut a bit, so that will take up a good part of the day. Take care everyone and talk to you later. Love, G
Old 06-01-2001, 07:51 AM   #15  
Long Lost Chickie

Anyone home??? I'm back! Oh, I know, you're asking "Oh were you gone?" Yep. Got a whole new computer here at work now with Windows 2000 and all sorts of new stuff. The old one finally passed on to that great computer repair shop in the sky. Oh, it wasn't pretty. But Rich (being the genius that he is) was able to salvage 99% of my stuff. Even my bookmarks so I could find my way back to you guys. But I did have to remember my password and log in for the first time in a while. Now that was scary!

Hope you're all doing OK. No one's checked in in a while. What's up with that? Hope it's because everyone's out there enjoying spring time and getting lots of exercise, etc. Wish I could say I was. Tomorrow's weigh-in won't be pretty. But I'll go and face the music. Then I'll weigh again on Thursday evening because I'll be in Ohio next weekend. I have to be good this next week because who knows where and what I'll end up eating next weekend.

Have my last meeting for the week at 9 today so I'd better go see if I can at least pretend I know what I'm talking about. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Much love, Jo.
Closed Thread