Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-13-2004, 02:54 AM   #1  

Default Hi All, its me again!

Hello All!
Summer is here, and I've been maintaing my weight. ( 120 Days into diet, not 1 day of no-run. ) Like my other posts said, I've been eating bad ( mostly just the dinner meal, chinese food. ) But I still maintain.
Anyway, summer is here and my Gym is open ( Well, they delayed until August to open, but they have some freeweights they said I could use, and I have Winston's Pilate DVD's coming in. )

Could someone inform me of a good work out program? My cardio daily is H.I.I.T ( 45 sec sprint, 1 min jog. ) and now the gym is about a mile away, so I guess a mile there and a mile back is a good cardio ( or is that too little? my mile time is 7 min ish, it use to be 12 =) I am going for the toning / strengh, I want to look better with muscles, but I also want to be able to lift more. Sorry for such poor writing format, just really excited for summer!
koku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:24 AM   #2  

=( No one likes me
Old 06-15-2004, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Sorry koku I didn't see your post before! Have you looked into the body for life training program? I picked up the book at my local library yesterday! It looks pretty neat and its supposed to offer some great results! Maybe pick it up and see if its something you might like to try!

By the way keep an eye out starting next week we'll be having a feature in the exercise forum a spotlight target area which will feature a simple workout that targets those areas that some of us have trouble with

Keep up the good work Koku
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:25 PM   #4  

Well I just went to gym today and got some basics down. However, im worried about the amount of cardio. To get there its like a 10 minute run ( almost 1 and half mile ) and 10 min back, is that enuff cardio??? Was gonna do:
Monday:
Upper Body
Tuesday:
Lower
Weds:
Rest Day, just abs at home, and my normal cardio ( 25 min of H.I.I.T)
Thurs:
Uppper
Fri:
Lower:
Sat / Sun :
Rest days? Just Cardio.....

So on days I lift it will be just the total of 20 min of cardio ( Not even together ).. will that be okay? I just want to start getting lean muscle mass, maintain or even dare I say lose come body fat.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:12 PM   #5  
Mel

Koku, I think that sounds fine. But I don't know your current level of fitness or familiarity with the gym. Michelle's idea of checking out Body for Life is a good idea. His plan is:
Day1: Upper Body
Day2: Cardio (HIIT)
Day3: Lower Body
Day4: Cardio...
Day5:Upper Body
Day6: Cardio...
Day7: REST (no cardio, no weight, go have fun)
Day8: Lower Body
Day9: Cardio...
Day10: Upper Body
Day11: Cardio
Day12: Lower Body
Day13: Cardio
Day14: REST

repeat. Eat 6 small meals a day of lean protein and complex carbs.

But you really should read the book if you are going to try this plan

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:36 PM   #6  

Ahh I see. I never rest cardio wise..... But other then that, that sounds like a good plan.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Koku - Rest is really an important part of a healthy fitness plan! I was reading in the Body for life book that when weight lifting you get all the results while your resting not while you are working out! Yep just like mel said if you are interested in trying the plan please read the book first
Have a great evening!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:56 AM   #8  

Oh btw this is a layout of my diet for NON work days ( I have work at Quizno's Subs )
Breakfast:
Skim Milk + Cheerios + 4 EGg Whites
Snack 1 ( After Workout, or Cardio ):
Whey Protein Shake
Lunch:
Chicken Breast w/ STeamed Broccoli
Snack 2 ( This changes a lot)
Soy Protein Soy Chips, or Bowl of cereal ( I love cereal ) in Soy Milk, or i take like 1 tbs of peanut butter.
Dinner:
I put lean ground turkey meat, 4 egg whites ( 1 yolk ) and some olive oil in pan, and scramble it together, I eat that with either brown or white rice.
Before Bed:
Fat Free Yogurt + 4 Egg Whites.

Now, for the bad day, at the dreaded WORK!
Breakfast and Snack 1 are the same.
Lunch:
Low Carb Flatbread. Inside I put Tomatoes, Red Onion, Olives, Mushroom, and Swiss Cheese ( /shrug, its part skim at least) and Tuna, which is mixed in with mayo ( I dont know exactly HOW bad that is, but if it really is bad I can just put in turkey breast)
Snack 2:
Same as above heh.
Dinner:
Same as above once again, unless Im home for dinner then it will be the same as my normal days
Before Bed:
Same

I really hate typing these long essays because I hate having people to spend time too much to read it, but I am really guilty today after work, even tho I ate the best I could ( For dinner my sandwhich had a little ranch in it, and I ate a very small pork taco with my co workers since they are mexicano =)
What are your ideas on this diet? Is it good enuff?
Old 06-18-2004, 12:57 AM   #9  

Any suggestions? I went to work today and devised up a new sandwhich! lol...... Ham, mustard, tomatoes, onions. and also i tried this sadwhich, it was soo good.

Low Carb Flatbread
Sauted Onions
5 Oz. Steak.
1 Swiss Cheese
Was soo good! So meaty, hehe hope it isnt too bad in calories, i know it has a lot of protein. Right after I ate I felt bad for being such a carnivore so I made another.

Low Carb Flatbread
LOTS of:
Tomatoes, Red ONion, Olives, Mushrooms, lettuce.
1 swiss cheese.
And I added a jalepeno in every bite for taste. =)