Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2001, 08:55 AM   #1  
A princess in the making!

Smile

Good Morning all-
Looks like I am the first one up this am. I wish my kid knew what sleep was. Oh well.....I should be use to this by now.

Okay so the weatherman can keep his job. It is raining. I was suppose to rain Fri and Sat and didn't. But he called this one right. Which is okay I have stuff to still do and really plan on just relaxing while I am getting the stuff done.

I am having an egg salad sandwich for breakfast today. I just really wanted one.

Great Job HF for sticking with the program this week. For me journaling works best, and some planning. I can't plan to much cause then I feel restricted. But I just make sure I have some decent stuff in this house.

Hey did you guys hear we are getting Tax Refund checks because of the Tax Cut Bush made!!! So maybe he is not so bad after all. :smile

P
Old 05-27-2001, 10:46 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone.

I counted all my points yesterday and came up with 31. I know it's four points over my limit, but for now, it's progress. I'm going to a graduation party this afternoon and will skip the beer and wine. I have to quit snacking and eating without thinking. My goal for the party is to eat in moderation.
Old 05-27-2001, 01:19 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sonya...I've been having a tough time these past few days keeping it under points, too. I've managed to eat my maximum and not go over, but I've been incredibly hungry later on. I need to go to the store and get some carrots and celery and veggies like that to snack on.

What worries me is that I always do well for a week or two, but then backslide in a big way. I'm kinda hoping that the fact I paid for 10 weeks of WW up front will help to keep me honest.

Jennelle
218.5/212/207(bday)/148
Old 05-28-2001, 08:17 AM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello everyone!!!!
A big hello to the new posters!!!!My name is Vicki and I have been on a 2 week honeymoon all over Europe..We got home last night and I am already having croissant withdrawals!!!!!I really ate junk and more junk--the Belgium dark chocolate is a killer--esp since it is PMS time this week!!!!!I didn't gain anything but I feel yuck cuz of the unhealthy eating..I guess the walking is what saved my butt literally!!!

Married life is great-I was not ready to share him with the family yet but it was great to hear--momma, momma from the 4y/o when we got home last night!!!!Well Lauren--I am with U but unfortunately the honeymoon was not successful in the baby department!!!Hey--I am not complaining-the practice is pretty darn fun!!!!*L*
We toured Paris, then Lucern,Switzerland, Austria, Munich, Germany, Brugge,Belgium then London...England is a town with soo much history and things to see that the trip should have been a month!!We took 24 rolls of film plus 300 digital pics!!!hehehe Off to work soon to get money to develope!!!

I am starting the diet again--on to the running again..I want to be in top form for pregnancy when that is a reality!!!!
Off to open presents, send thank yous, start moving in Refmans house etc etc!!!
We are having vacation again in July to meet his family up in Houghton, Mich soo I want to be back to me again by then!!!!!
Hello all!!!!
Vicki
Old 05-28-2001, 10:49 AM   #5  

Default Welcome Home Vicki

Well it is good to have you back. Can't wait to see your pictures. And here more about your trip.

When you go to MI if you come through WI let me know. At least it will be warm here. Oh wait July....should be HOT!!!!!

Oh my you will be pregnant before you know it. You will be a great mom.

MY BIG NEWS:
I bought a pair of pants on clearence for 3 bucks. They were to small, but I thought the well I will lose weight and get into them. Well I SURE DID!! In fact I want to go buy a pair of shoes for them today so I can wear them tomorrow!!! I am still smiling on that one.

Going to be watching my b-ball game later and have a few cold ones. But must go to work tomorrow.

LBH: Looks like the trash will be gone sooner than I think. Yes that is me you hear yelling HOT DAM!!!!

have a great day all

Vicki-you know who I am, I just had to change my name cause of junk that happened here.
Old 05-28-2001, 11:29 AM   #6  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Everyone!

Hi to Vicki - nice to "meet" you! Congratulations on the wedding. I know what you mean about wanting to be skinny (or at least healthy) before you get pregnant. I feel exactly the same way. I really want to have children but I refuse to start off pregnant at this weight (also my husband's in no particular hurray but that's another story for another time). So I continue my journey to good health.

Going to the gym today and I'm trying to do that at least three times a week and then add to that once or twice exercising at home. We'll see.

It's not a holiday here so I'm at work and I'm hungry!! We had our holiday last Monday.

An eggsalad sandwich sounds great right now. Maybe I'll have a bowl of cereal before the gym. I need something since I end up having lunch so late when I go to the gym.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their holiday.

Elisa
Old 05-28-2001, 03:43 PM   #7  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello again!!!!
I am bored cuz there is no museum to visit or underground tube station to travel!!!!!

Pryia---as a matter of fact--we have a layover in Wi to get to the UP!!!I think it is the third week of July....Glad to see U posting again!!!!How is the rollerblading??????

Elisa--nice to "meet U also"..I have been chatting on this thread for 2 yrs now...I started at 150lbs and have maintained 105-112 for the last year...It is harder now after meeting and marrying Mr Right that has 2 children..I cook healthy-don't do meat or fried foods but sometimes the chocolate(his favorite)is a problem...

It was funny cuz Refman eats alot and has this great metabolism going on...He is soo good to me cuz he brought his little protein bars everywhere and we didnt go out to eat all the time.

My goals for the week are to get back into the healthclub and work out again!!!!I must start being that roadrunner or will have to change my name to bedlayer!!!!!!!!
have a great holiday everyone!!!!!
Vicki
Old 05-28-2001, 05:53 PM   #8  

Default Memorial Day Week (May 27)

I am need of some serious motivation. I haven't been exercising or watching my diet very well. Work has been busy, which is not a very good excuse. I know what I should be doing, but just don't seem to be doing it. I'm frustrated with myself.
I tried to order the WW at home package, but they won't sell it if there are active weight watchers groups in your community. My problem (or my excuse) is that I don't really like the leader of the groups in my community, which makes it hard to go to meetings. I guess I just need to suck it up and getback to it. I have been trying to tell myself that I can just do this myself without any outside supprt, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Anyway, sorry for the depressing post. My goal for the week is to have something positive to say about my progress next week.
Shauna
Old 05-28-2001, 07:05 PM   #9  

hi all. Boy there were so many posts to catch up on. I forgot to post my mileage but I am am 335 miles. I've been doing fine this week since that bad weigh in so I hope the loss will be there this week.

Jennelle - wow!! 6.5 pounds is absolutely incredible. You must be flying high.

Sonya - I'll bet that road trip was loads of fun! You're so right about thinking long term. I tell myself that. Hope your party went well.

Elisa - congrats on doing well. I just recently broke my habit (2 wks ago) of weighing everyday and I think it is good for me. I always wonder what the leaders think too when they look back at my ups and downs. I know I should just focus on what I think . . .

happy - I really enjoyed your post. Skinny cows have saved me too - I have one about every night. I've only had chocolate and vanilla - there are no other flavors here yet.

Pryia - can't believe you don't like chocoate! Congrats on the pants fitting.

RR - welcome home! Sounds like a fab honeymoon!

gotta run. Rabbit
Old 05-28-2001, 07:45 PM   #10  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Well I did make it to the gym and I love it there - I'm still just afraid to sign up for the year, which I have to when my trial month is over. I'm sure I'm going to do it but I'm just afraid since it's quite expensive.

Rabbit - I don't know if I'll ever break the "daily weighing" habit but mostly for me I think it's okay. I'm the kind of person that stays away from the scale when I think it's going to be bad news and then the 2 lbs turns to 5 which turns to 10 and so on. This has happened to me before and since I gain weight so easily I'm afraid that I'll keep gaining weight. Anyway, it might not be perfect but for now it works for me.

Vicki - It's nice to hear of someone who still visits here and posts all the time when you're so thin. It's motivating to hear what you've accomplished. Did you follow WW or any particular plan? My first goal is 145 lbs. but if/when I get there I dream of being 125 lbs. I just don't know if it's practical. But one step at a time.

Shauan - We all know that "downer" feel we get sometimes and it usually passes. Doing something, anything at all helps. Don't try to do it all at once if you think that's too much. Do your walking or whatever you need to start and feel like you're in control and then what I find is after I'm doing one thing, I think to myself well if I just did this too then I'd probably lose weight. I started by going back to the gym and then started tracking my points again and this all helped me eat sensibly. Anyway good luck, you'll feel better soon.

Elisa
Old 05-28-2001, 11:26 PM   #11  

Okay my team lost----But I still LOVE my boys And come Wed. we will take them in Philly!

Did not do much....finished cleaning up. You can all come visit now. Cleaned out some old clothes and trashed them. Went to a friends and had some Awesome lasngna and watched the game. But back to work tomorrow. YEAH!

Not going to work tomorrow. I have a lunch date so I will try and get there sometime this week.

The kids in the neighborhood are at it again. The cops are looking for someone. I heard them (kids) come through here and the cops whipped in here next. Oh it is going to be a fun summer. But at least my boy is asleep in his bed.

Have a good one!!!

P

Last edited by Pryia; 05-29-2001 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2001, 10:41 AM   #12  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning everyone!

Why is it that the Tuesday after a holiday always feels worse than had we just went to work on Monday???? WHY???

Well, the eating is still off (is "off" what you call the consumption of a bag of peanut butter M&M's????). Ug, I've got to get this back on track. I know what I'm doing - I'm totally eating the stress of everything going on with my house! And everything's going just like clockwork - so WHY am I so stressed?????? Another mystery of life.... I just keep telling myself when I have a mortgage I won't be able to afford to go the the store and blow $50 on junk. Someone direct me to the closest chocoholics anonymous, please.

As for the house - I'm getting my septic test holes dug today, then I have to have the county come out to do the perk test. This week I've got to go to the ranch house to pay my first dues, get my address sign put up and let someone know that there will be someone living on that patch of dirt in a couple months. I spent 2 hours Friday and 3 1/2 hours Saturday cleaning, leveling, de-rocking and grading my driveway and home site. It's just about ready for the foundation now.

RR - Welcome home!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Guess that's it for now! Have an awesome week everyone!!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 05-29-2001 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-29-2001, 11:04 AM   #13  
Pink Thingy

Default Helloooooo....

everyone, hope you all had a good weekend and a special welcome to Road Runner - hope you had a lovely wedding and honeymoon.

Well I blew my MD goal, ended up 2.5lbs heavier, but am pleased to report that I weighed in today and lost the 2.5lbs. So I am up for the July 4th goal.

Been having a really bad time recently trying to stay on program and I made some really bad choices and those Paprika Pringles really should be classed as a Class A drug

But as everyone keeps on saying, I didn't put the weight on overnight, so I can't expect to take if off overnight. But getting on the scales last week gave me the reality kick up the butt I needed.

Anway, enough rambling for now - c u later
Old 05-29-2001, 11:56 AM   #14  

Default WELCOME BACK MRS. REFMAN!!!

Vicki - glad to hear you had such a wonderful time!

Lauren - actually, the truck is only a 2WD...but the Jeep is what we go 4X4 in

Jennelle - congrats on the 6.5#!!

Dani - Hang in there chick!

Well my eating was not perfect this weekend, but not too too horrid. I got my 8 mile walks in on Sat & Sun so don't think I did any lasting damage weight-wise.

I also spent several hours both those days whacking away with hedge clippers. We've been trying to get our yard into shape. Let me tell you that Vinca Major and Hosta are both great ground covers, but BOY do you have to keep them under control! Because the previous owners of our house rented it to someone for a while before we bought it, it's probably been almost 2 years since anyone's really done anything to our yard. And the previous owners planted a lot of stuff it's just all overgrown now. Of course I don't know what half of it is...this year we're just trying to control and watch what grows or blooms and then next year we'll try to actually start making it look like we want it. We've got a friend coming over Sat. that knows a lot about plants, so he's going to get dragged around the yard to ID a lot of this stuff.

Anyway, that's about it for me at the moment.

Have a great day all!

LE
Old 05-29-2001, 12:02 PM   #15  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

BFB...that was so funny what you said about the Paprika Pringles! True, too!! I was looking at the 4th of July goals, and it looks like we are right around the same weight and have right around the same goal.

Shauna...I also am not a big fan of the WW leaders in my area. They're much, much older than I am, and most of the people who are in WW are much, much older as well. (I'll be 34 in a few weeks.) I went ahead and rejoined anyway, though. I go for the weigh in and to get my new materials for the week and don't stay for the meetings. I find my motivation and support through boards like these. (I also paid for ten weeks in advance, so that's a little motivation as well. )

Roadrunner...Are you actually a "road runner?" I would like to be a good runner, but I suck at it. I ran two miles a day after I graduated from boot camp (many moons ago!!) but didn't keep it up (I'm kicking myself now!) My biggest problem is pacing. I generally don't like to run with a Walkman, but I went ahead and ordered some pacing tapes in the hopes that they'll help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Jennelle
218.5/212/207(bday)/203 (7-4)/148
Closed Thread