South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 04:59 PM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Exclamation Kraft and SBD

Hey! I get the Daily Dish, which is great! You can get it for free from the official SBD site.

Anyways, this was at the top of my issue today:

"On June 9, 2004, Kraft Foods Inc. announced that it signed an agreement forming an alliance with Dr. Arthur Agatston, cardiologist and creator of the South Beach Diet™. Kraft will use the South Beach Diet™ trademark to indicate products that can be used by people following the South Beach Diet™ program. Look for more details in the "diet updates" section of www.southbeachdiet.com as they become available."

Pretty cool! :
Old 06-10-2004, 05:30 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Very cool. However, you do have to subscribe to the site to view diet updates, I think. Good going, Kraft!
Old 06-10-2004, 06:19 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Great news - we use a lot of Kraft products and it would be great to have a quick reference on the label for SBD friendly products!
Old 06-10-2004, 06:33 PM   #4  

Everyone probably uses a lot of Kraft products and doesn't even know it.

This is great news (I used to work there!)
Old 06-10-2004, 06:37 PM   #5  

Sure hope they figure out how to make a South Beach Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Lord, how I miss it. I used to tell my family that if I was being buried and they wanted to make sure I was really dead, just waft a bowl of macaroni and cheese under my nose. If there's the faintest spark of life left, I guarantee I'll sit bolt upright
Old 06-10-2004, 06:58 PM   #6  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Kraft owns like *everything* so this makes me happy. I hope they come out with some really good stuff. I'll will just keep crossing my fingers for the Kraft Macaroni and cheese, haha yeah right. I LOVE that stuff too Natter. I lived off of that and rice pretty much in university and I am still not sick of it.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:16 PM   #7  

I just read the article on Kraft.com and i am so excited that they are making such good efforts to help people get healthy. They ar going to make their labels better to read and make individually packaged in smaller portions! It feeels good to know that life will become so much simpler...lol
Old 06-10-2004, 11:05 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm going to pull a sort of a "Ruth".
I hate to bring my political agenda into the conversation, but... no, I don't.
I don't buy Kraft because they are owned by Philip Morris.
However, there are some good recipes on that site, and they can be used without having to buy Kraft!
Old 06-11-2004, 10:19 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ellis, you little pot-stirrer!

Good for you for standing up to them! I wish I had that kind of control. I guess the thing about this news that gets me most excited is that if Kraft starts doing this, I bet other companies will follow suit, which will make it so much easier for all of us!

Hey, I agree with you guys about mac n' cheese...that's what I was CRAVING when I went through the first three days of Phase I. I haven't bought Kraft in a long time, though...just the store brand (I'm cheap) and Annie's (they have a bunny for their mascot and are organic). How awesome would it be to have an SBD friendly version! I bet the original has bad fats, not to mention the refined pasta. Anyone have a good homemade version of mac n' cheese that we could modify for Phase 2? My mom always just bought Stouffers!
Old 06-11-2004, 10:46 AM   #10  
I graduated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Anyone have a good homemade version of mac n' cheese that we could modify for Phase 2?
There is a great recipe for "Mom's Macaroni And Cheese" at recipesource [dot] com (when can I post a link???)

It's a very simple recipe and you could probably modify it easily. Actually, you could probably make it with a little more cheese and put in cauliflower or other veggies and completely leave out the pasta/bread and it would still be very yummy... What about adding a little parmesan or peccarino romano after it was done cooking to make up for the texture of the bread crumbs?

What do you think?
Old 06-11-2004, 10:49 AM   #11  

Talking

[QUOTE=beachgal] Kraft will use the South Beach Diet™ trademark to indicate products that can be used by people following the South Beach Diet™ program. Look for more details in the "diet updates" section of southbeachdiet[dot]com as they become available."[QUOTE]

This is really fantastic news! The problem is, I don't have a subscription to the SBD site -- it's too expensive for my currently-in-car-debt blood.

Still, the fact that a major corporation like Kraft teamed up with Dr.A, is really smart on their part. Take that, Atkins! (Hehe.) It will be nice when this stuff shows up eventually, it'll make shopping so much easier. Obviously since I'm only in Ph1, I'm basically buying all fresh food (save Laughing Cow cheese, I guess). But come Ph2? I'm all over that.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:47 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I actually did the product study for this. I couldn't say anything as I am bound by a contract but yes, they are going to put out a whole line of products!!!
Old 06-11-2004, 02:04 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

www.recipesource.com is the link for Mom's Mac and Cheese.
ADD, yYou can post a link after 50 or 100 posts - I forget which. We put that in to keep out the riffraff who post advertising on their first post!
Old 06-11-2004, 02:09 PM   #14  

Ellis is right, however I have a bunch of stock in PM due to my employment, and can't be all that pessimistic.

Tombstone Pizza
Maxwell House
Gevalia
Oscar Meyer
Bakers Square chocolate, etc
Toberlone (that great european chocolate)
Clauseen pickels
Jack's Pizza
California Pizza Kitchen
Cool Whip
Milk bone dog treats
Starbucks Coffee
Koolaid
Capri Sun
Crystal Lite
Cracker Barrel Cheese
Milka Chocolate
Almost ALL marshmellows you buy even like the ones in Kellogs cereals are secretly Kraft
Stella Dora cookies
Oreos
Athenos Feta and Hummus
Lunchables
Breakstone's Sour Cream and Yogurt
Creamsavers Yogurt
Jello
Lipton

Scary huh?
Old 06-11-2004, 02:48 PM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Tombstone Pizza, Pebbles... does that have, like, tobacco in it?
Closed Thread