Old 06-10-2004, 07:17 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Thurs. Chat - June 10th

Good Morning

I have been taking total advantage of the few days we had of sunny weather. Enjoying my walks and sparking up the grill, but today the rain decided to return.
I'm hoping my body is giving up these pounds it was being stubborn with. WI yesterday was grand, I lost 2.5 lbs this week. I hope that keeps up because that stall just about threw me off. I have to learn not to be so dependent on those numbers.
Welp off to work, I hope you all enjoy your day.. The weekend is almost here
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:20 AM   #2  

Good morning Trazzie: Congrats on the 2.5! I wish!

Brenda: You got me thinking yesterday when we were talking about being tired and that you were going to get some other vitamins......I checked out my numbers in Fitday this morning and every day since I started taking the One A Day Carb Smart vitamin my iron level has only been at 15% of my daily requirement! If I take a regular Multi Vitamin it is at 100%. Maybe this could be the issue. I have been taking them now for a few weeks so that would make sense. I think they figure that if you are watching your carbs you must be eating a side of a cow each day and you wouldn't need the iron. I only eat red meat about 1-2 times a week! Well I for one am off to the store tonight to get my regular multi vitamins. We will see if this makes a difference.

Well the scale still isn't moving for me but that is ok......I will just keep on keepin on. I haven't been exercising this week because I am just too pooped to do it! I will try and get my walks in this weekend when I can do them in the morning. I would really like to NOT GAIN this weekend so I am going to put a real concious effort into what I am doing. I am going to a friends house at the beach on Saturday with the girls and I am going to bring my Thin Ice with me. She is on South Beach so I think there should be ok snacks there. I am going to ask her what I can bring and I will bring something legal just in case!

Off to start work.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Hi Trazzie-congrats on the 2.5 pounds. You must have a scale like my mom that weighs those 1/2 pounds. Mine only weighs the whole pounds. Sometimes that could be a bad thing If you're just getting rain today that storm system we had must finally have hit you. MAN that was a doozy.

Jina-- I used to know quite a few baseball players names. Then they all traded or retired and boom. I don't know hardly anyone.

Well, I went to the store yesterday. Didn't buy any clothes and didn't buy any sump pump. DH was crabby so he decided we didn't need one after all. MEN!! I also didn't get a new cell phone. ARGH! I'm slowly getting out of this funk. Which is a good thing. I'm looking forward to being happy again! Hopefully this weekend is nice so I can get my firepit cleaned up. I skipped out on the GS Leader dinner last night. Just wasn't in the mood. I need to get my fluffybutt in gear and get the end of year financial reports done. One is the other is being a pain in my butt. You'd think transferring numbers from checkbook register to form wouldn't screw them up, but they are!!! So if the cable dude doesn't come after work I'm going to get a new cell phone (hopefully) and then come home and work on that.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good Morning girls (Here's my book) –

Let’s see if I can semi-catch up.

Brenda – How’s the basement? Hope things are drying up for you. I know what you mean about the stall. I have been the same weight now for 4 weeks. I did begin to increase my exercising last week. So now even though the scale isn’t showing a loss, I can tell my clothes are getting loser again. For Pete’s sake go get some new shorts ! You are right about doing this for US. I think we all lose sight of that!

Jane – Ditto what I said to Brenda. I’m getting a bit discouraged at the weight not coming off for the last 4 weeks, but I’m glad it has motivated me to get off my butt! I think instead of jumping on the scale I’m going to pull out the measuring tape, since I’m noticing the clothes being looser. As far a the decorating ideas go…I’m the last one to ask…I’m trying to decorate a little around my house and I’m constantly asking my buddies for ideas!

Jina – I get those McDonald’s cravings too! I think it stems from being a fast food family before Atkins!! We are still considering FL move, but are wavering now that we are back in our home and making changes/improvements here. Not to mention the support system we have where we live. All my husband’s sisters and his dad live within a mile radius of us and as we look back, it has been a lifesaver. I’m not sure how we accomplished anything before we moved here 6 years ago. But then again, it was just us and not 2 extra little people running around !

Rachel – Thank you so much for your inspirational thoughts! It certainly helped me to take a better look at me.

Laura – Know we know who to go to when we need our decorating tips. Boy are you in trouble now Your baby sounds like a beautiful and well-behaved one! Again with the weight stall…I’m hating it too!!

Star – Thanks for the reminder that the stall is only temporary if we just hang in there. I’m on week 4 and I have to say it is getting rather frustrating. But I’m glad I’ve had it because it has caused me to go in search of recipes and try a variety of other dishes to bring my carbs into check! I’m going to have to stop procrastinating and post my recipe for chili soup! Those were some good decorating ideas…will you come to Ohio and do my house

Lekker – Good luck with the writing…try to say cool!

Trazzie – Hang in there hun…I know it seems like the weight is coming off slow, but it’s coming off!!!!

Well, I’m in full training mode for my triathlon. I’m sending out my registration today for my july 4th 5K. I am loving this increased exercise because all my new clothes are getting big and my old clothes are practically falling off of me. The bummed thing is I have to stay away from the scales because the are showing me up…and I know that is just muscle. I’m having a hard time staying away from cheat foods and have a feeling it’s a combination of the increased activity and TOM approaching. Could also be stress! I’m really quite anxious about the swimming portion of the Triathlon. I usually go and swim with my children forever and never tire. Now, when I get in the pool to actually do training, it’s almost as if I’m having an anxiety attack! I’m thinking seriously about switching my triathlon entry to the dualthon (swim/bike/run vs. run/bike/run). I’m extremely comfortable with the biking and running. But I think the stress is just also due to the training schedule and, of course, me just taking on too much in general. We women are just gluttons for punishment aren’t we!

Ok, I should try and find some work to do today (even though I really don’t have any!) Talk to you later girls!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies
I have had the busiest beginning of the week and it is still busy, so stopping by to say HI and updating my food log. I will try to stop by this afternoon again. en tot the gym on Tues and did 10 MILES!!!! Yeah I feel so much better!

Have a great day!

LOve TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:23 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Trazzie: Woo-hoo! Congrats on losing 2.5 pounds!

Jane: Your Saturday at the beach sounds fun -- enjoy! I wish I could find some Thin Ice around here.

Brenda: I am in desperate need of a new cell phone, too. Mine is actually rubberbanded together. My friends call it my "ghetto phone." It's a work phone, so I'm waiting on the all-OK to get a new one.

Lori: I understand about not wanting to move away from family and help. That would be hard. It was just DH and I that moved here. I was worried about not getting home much, but now that DH works for an airline, I go home to visit all the time. I am so impressed at your trialtholon and 5K training! How did you get started? Just doing a little bit of each activity and working your way up? I forget, you might have mentioned that before.

Well, last night was another bust in terms of eating! But, instead of looking at it negatively like I usually do, I did find some positives: At least I'm realizing I'm not eating healthy. At least it bothers me when I cheat. I had two chicken strips and some fries at the game. That would have been normal eating for me usually (or probably a lot more), and I wouldn't have even given a thought about it. I would still be getting bigger and bigger if I kept eating that way. Now, although I hit some stalls and gains and the weight loss is slow, at least my weight is generally headed down. Who knows where I'd be if I wasn't trying to do something about my weight!! At least I'm focused and eat right most of the time.

Well, I'd better get to work. Hope you all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:49 AM   #7  

Good Morning!

Brenda - go do something nice for yourself.

Trazzie - 2.5 Lbs! Great! I'm rolling in jealousy!

Lori - I wish I had the disipline to do a triathlon

Jina - I think knowing what you're doing wrong is half the battle. Unfortunately, then we got to do something to correct it. Kinda sucks!

TG - 10 miles? Sounds like you're ready to join Lori in the triathlon Congrats!

Jane - I wanna go to the beach! Okay, done throwing a tantrum.

Well, Ginger is back at work with me for the next few days. She has an infection which I supected that we'll be treating very aggressively, but they also spotted a sist or something inside her eye. We'll just monitor that through next week and see if there is any improvement and if it changes, then off to doggie optomologist (sp?). Have to take care of the fur kid.

We have a big service today so that'll take care of a couple of hours. Don't know how I will "Look Busy" the rest of the day. Have a good day!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Oh! Grr.

I just had a long reply and had personalized responses to everyone and *zap*, it's gone.

So, just know that I did reply personally, but ComputerMort took it away.

But now I must get back to work...

Later, Julie.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:56 AM   #9  

Jina - well it all started with running and a pushy aerobics instructor (Can you feel another book coming on? I can.) No seriously. I started exercising (09/03) before I started dieting (10/03). I have had the same aerobics instructor for the entire time and we have become friends. I started a running program in january in addition to my aerobics and my instructor shared some running advice with me. Along the way we learned that we would both be interested in a triathlon. Mind you, I was thinking 2005...not this year. But she came up and asked me about one locally and we just jumped right in! I haven't really biked all that much until we made the decision, but it is the easiest part! The running program I did was the same one that KarenW did and it is really simple. Take a look http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml . I really enjoyed it and the support on their boards for each and every step of the way!

Laura - I wish I had the discipline too! The only thing I have going for me is I'm stubborn!! I'm determined to do the triathlon. Therefore I have to be determined to train, so I don't make a fool of myself!
Old 06-10-2004, 10:58 AM   #10  

Julie, that is the most aggravating think...I had one like that last week and I was so angry I've taken to writing long posts in word processing software so I don't lose it!!
Old 06-10-2004, 10:59 AM   #11  

Lekker: Isn't that so madening! Check in later.

Morti: Sorry about the puppy. I had to take an old dog of mine once to an ophthalmologist. It was this vet center that just did animal eyes...I never knew they were so specialized.

Jina: Good attitude.....just keep trying, that is all we can do.

TG: You are busy lately aren't you? Check in later.

Lori: I can't imagine doing a triathalon. I am so proud of you. Isn't it cool when your clothes slide off! I have a lounging/sweatshirt type skirt that I will put on when I get home from work and lately when I walk around in it the damn think keeps falling down

Brenda: You need to go shopping girl! It can be the best (and the worse sometimes) therapy. Get thee to a mall!
Old 06-10-2004, 11:13 AM   #12  
Head Princess

Hey Kiddies!

Trazzie - 2.5 pounds! Way to go! I kindof miss those weeks. Now I'm grateful for half a pound a week.

Jane - the iron will make a huge difference. If you were getting that little iron, then you were anemic. Anemic blood cells can't carry enough oxygen to keep you going and voila! you're exhausted.

Brenda - glad to hear things are getting better!

Lori - Glad I could be helpful. And if you want to fly me out to Ohio to decorate, I'll go

TG - Yeah for 10 miles!

Jina - Oh the lessons we learn while trying to be a part of the 'real world'. Good attitude! Good list additions, too!

Morti - hope Ginger gets better soon!

Poor Julie! I hate that!

I got out of work yesterday after a mere 11 hours. I was so excited! I had great plans of a long shower, some exercise, and then a lovely princess night. Well, we know better, don't we? One of my friends had a bit of a breakdown on Monday night after losing her job. So in a drunken state, in pajamas, she left her husband sleeping in bed, got in the truck and drove to her mother's house 30 minutes away. With no shoes on! At 3:30 in the morning!

Anyway, yesterday she decided she was ready to come home but she didn't want to drive. So she asked me if I would drive her DH out there so he could drive her home. I couldn't say no to that. So I got back in town around 8:30, went to the grocery store, made dinner (more experimental cooking). And finally went to bed around 11:30.

Is that the end? NO! It would seem that I'm not paying close enough attention to getting the right nutrients in the right amounts. I woke up every hour or so with leg cramps. Argh! DH went and got me a multi-vitamin and a couple calcium/magnesium pills. And one of the pills gets stuck in my throat. Not where it would make me choke, just where it really is uncomfortable. And I couldn't get the thing un-stuck! So now I'm tired and my throat hurts. See what happens when you don't pay attention?

Ok, experimental cooking: day 2. Have any of you ever had funeral potatoes? I don't know if they're a common thing or just something particular to the culture I grew up in. Anyway, they're the most wonderful, sinful things ever. I made them last night! With cauliflower, of course. OMG I am the happiest girl ever today!

I'll post it in the recipe section.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:17 AM   #13  

Jane - I hope your drapes are closed, think of what the neighbors will say!

Star - I'm counting my pennies for the plane ticket! You ARE going to pay for all the decorating right?
Old 06-10-2004, 11:24 AM   #14  
Head Princess

StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:38 AM   #15  

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked on-line to see how much Iron I should be getting a day and it says 18mg. I checked in Fitday to see just how much 15% came to.............. 3 mg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked back the last few weeks and on average I was only getting 3-5mg of iron a day! Holy Crap!

**** light dawning on Marble Head*****