Old 06-10-2004, 12:57 AM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default I need help also

Hello everyone,

I need help and encouragement also. Here it is June already ~ I have piddled away half a year again. Many starts ~ not progressing very well. I have to get down to business and improve my health. There is a new worth while goal to strive for. My husband is trying to get long term health insurance for us, sadly, I because of my weight I do not qualify and so we can not get it ~ so I am not only jepordizing care for me, but care for him should something happen.

Today is a new day ~ another chance to try again and get it right. Please pray for me that I can stick with this long enough to make some life style changes and help myself.

Thank you for the support and encouragement you all are so wonderful to give.

Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:42 AM   #2  

Gayle, I know you can do it. Your right today is a new day. You can make good choices one day at a time. We are all pulling for you!
Safora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:50 AM   #3  

Hey Gayle

Just hang on in there! Don't give yourself a hard time about what's happened so far this year - just start small, baby steps, one hour/one day at a time. What kind of changes are you going to start with? What small, achievable goals are you setting? And what nice things are you going to do for yourself along the way?

If you really want to do this, you will, however hard it gets......keep posting!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:52 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

You are so right - Today is a new day. It's never too late! Last night at WW, the ledear said that she noticed that I kept refereing to all my failures in the past. She challenged me to look ahead to my success instead of looking back at all my failures. I challenge you to do the same thing.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Glynne, it is too easy to look back and be bitter about the choices we have made in our lives. It is much harder to forge ahead and try and make changes. We can do it, it is difficult and seems practically impossible most of the time. We have so much to motivate us, we have the support, we just need to reach within ourselves for the spark that will carry us through.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:46 AM   #6  

Gayle, Try not to let the pressure of not being able to get insurance stress you out! It could lead to negative thoughts and failure. You don't want that. Instead think of what it will do for you to lose the weight and how much better you will feel. I started very slowly by first changing my diet and then adding exercise. It seems to work since I am seeing the results every week. You can stick with this! Reach in and pull out all the inner strength you have and utilize it! Just remember the rewards you reap from losing weight are positive and uplifting as opposed to how crappy we all feel when we are stuck or just not motivated to go on.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 03:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Gayle..you've gotten some great advice here. I'm just going to add that you can do this. don't let all the old setbacks get to you. It's time to move forward and not live in the past.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:29 PM   #8  

gayle - you can do this!!! do what i do - i take one day and descide this is what i am going to change and make it something that you can do....then be happy that you got that one thing done. then just beings you know you can do that will help so much so the next day choose one more and so one till soon you will find your self happy and proud that you are on the right track. doing it this was was alot easier for me than going gung ho from the start. good luck and we are here for you.
JLEIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:28 PM   #9  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Gayle - it's never too late to start. Even though it's only June, it's never too late to start.
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:44 AM   #10  
missaprylj

Gayle---

Try this out.

Some look at the glass (year) half EMPTY (over)
But really, the glass (year) is half FULL (started!!!)

Days ain't nothin' but ways to keep time.
Do it for YOURSELF; start now.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:05 AM   #11  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thank you all for your encouragement and support ~ Did good yesterday ~ stayed within my calories, walked. Got some water in. Made arrangements with the dr's office to go in once a week and get weighed. Today ~ so far, so good. It is usually easier to stay on track on my work days.

Again thanks ~ Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:50 AM   #12  

Well Great!!! We Know You Can Do It - Just Remeber To Day Is A New Day And You Can Do This!!!!! Good Luck
JLEIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:56 AM   #13  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Gayle.. I just said a little prayer for you for strength and wisdom during this journey! I hope all the best for you..
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:13 PM   #14  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Hey Gayle ~ wow, Dana truly has the right idea . . . prayer is the key! Prayer coupled with our good decisions and actions. God enables us at every step, all we need to do is ask in faith. YOU CAN DO THIS! Hugs!!! Keep us posted!
irishwings is offline   Reply With Quote