South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 06:05 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Thursday Morning Chit Chat

Morning Chickies....after a good night sleep I am no longer feeling so stressed. I have a to do list a mile long of things needing to be done today but that is life. I am up and I am having a tea, have a load of clothes on the line and one in the washer. Ellis and beachgirl I too have been known to leave a load in the washer and foget about it til I go to the laundry room and think what is that smell They are calling for a fab day here abut it is looking a little cloudy please don't let it rain on my clothes. I will be back the first of the little ones are coming in the door and I need to go wake dd again as I can not hear any footsteps on the upper level...... I will return.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:29 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Had another very busy morning yesterday. Hoping it's not quite so frenetic today as I have tons of paperwork to catch up on. I need to figure out a way to drink more water. The combo of running back and forth, staying on my feet all day and not getting enough water has given me some very nasty night time leg cramps. Yeesh! Nothing like waking up in severe pain!! The downside to drinking lots is that it has to go "somewhere"...and patients become IMpatients when kept waiting. so potty breaks are few and far between. What a dilemma!

Well, I'm going to go get my shower out of the way. I'll be back to visit in a little while.

Mamacita
Old 06-10-2004, 08:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Mamacita, don't you have a catheter you could clip on yourself?
I'm so grateful to be at home all day... I can't imagine how you girls do it working outside the home... you're AMAZING!

Little Chick, I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

I've got the day off from seeing Mom and Dad, and I'm going to pick up a mat for yoga, an exercise ball, and some groceries. My doctor gave me something to help me sleep, and I'm trying to keep my eyes propped open.

Hugs for all... back later...
Old 06-10-2004, 08:25 AM   #4  

good morning chickies,
little chick- glad to see you are finally on the mend. i seem to have caught your cold tho.

ellis- it's good you got a little break take care of you today!!

mama- i have no words of wisdom for your water dilemma. ellis might have something there tho????

i was rousted out of bed at 5am by the emergency broadcast test thingy. dh fell asleep on the couch with the tv on!!! i nearly hit the ceiling. so needless to say i am sleepy. driving to work this morning i went to get off my exit on the freeway and it was closed so i had to go around, late for work AGAIN. to top it all off i left the a/c on yesterday when i left my office and it is about 20 degrees in here this am!! there is actually frost inside my window. well that should wake me up anyway. what is the good news for today??? well TOM is packing up to leave and my scale was kind this morning, for some things we can be thankful!!!

what's your good news??
Old 06-10-2004, 08:30 AM   #5  

Hello ladies. All I have to say is that I hate overtime. At this rate if i keep working all this overtime, all my vacation will come out of comp time.

This would translate to all my vacation being used in December. Somehow taking 3 weeks off when it's crappy weather doesn't = happy.

Anyway, looks like the end is in sight.

Ellis - enjoy doing your yoga. It's so nice to get a break.

Little chick - don't you just love when you finally feel rested?

Jodi - that is so funny! hope you didn't hurt yourself.

Mamacita - I've heard that magnesium suppliments help with those leg craps, obviously this isn't medical advice but it helped me when I used to get charlie horses almost every night.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:36 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Running very alte this AM and Sarah will be here shortly to be assigned garden tasks. It's not a humid and hot day today so I think I'll take the Freezies out of my undies!

Catch you all later.

PLAY NICELY!
Old 06-10-2004, 09:27 AM   #7  
Member Florida Chick

We'll do our best.
Finally got our AC fixed, I think, after 2 service calls. fortunately they didn't charge us for the the second one, since the first service man should have found the trouble. I was beginning to think that I needed some of your freezees, Ruth. Before they got it fixed, it got to be 93 in the house.

Got a good sleep last night, and finally am off all the antibiotics. YAY! Hardly any coughing any more.

Little Chick: Glad you are feeling better, and as you can see, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Off to Curves. Will check back later. Lizzie
Old 06-10-2004, 09:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

wow is it Thursday already? Time flys lol!

Pebb- Doesn't the company you work for end up paying out your vacation to you if you don't use it? My hubbies does so he doesn't take vacation time and we just get a huge check at the end of the year

Jodi - I was up early too but mine was the child broadcast system lol. Couldnt get the baby to go back to sleep, oh well early nap I suppose!

Ellis - Gonna do yoga? I'm going to try pilates when I lose some of my bulk lol I just don't think I can do it until I'm a bit smaller lol.

mamacita - I think the catheter suggestion is a good one lol

Little chick - Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Michelle
Old 06-10-2004, 09:56 AM   #9  

No - no check if you don't take it. Almost four weeks - and you can only carry over a week. There's a person in our department who doesn't take vacay ever - it just goes away.

However, I don't think I'd ever be able to do that. For my vacation I'm already trying to figure out whether I should stain the deck or paint the guest room (for the third time -I keep changing my min), or paint the family room.

Decisions...decisions!
Old 06-10-2004, 10:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Man that stinks that they don't pay out your vacay at the end of the year!! and painting or staining your deck doesn't sound like vacation girl!! LOL Take off to somewhere tropic and get out of that windy city lol.

Michelle
Old 06-10-2004, 12:02 PM   #11  

My company is the same way. They don't pay for unused vacation time and it is manager discretion as to whether you can carry any over from the previous year. I haven't taken any vacation yet so I really need to get some booked to do something. Often I will end up taking a day here and a day there to do chores around the house.

It's often tough to schedule it since we can't have too many people from our team off at one time and 5 of the 7 of us get 4 weeks a year while one gets 5 weeks.

Oh, hey, be proud of me! I didn't touch those donuts or bananas at work yesterday. I walked on the treadmill 40 minutes last night and I am down 1 pound this morning!!! I'm not stalled any more!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:14 PM   #12  

that is awesome barb!!!! great will power. my work is the same they give you vac time and personal time etc but there is never any good time to take it.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:15 PM   #13  

Oh - I forgot to add. My husband is a contractor, so his job could end tomorrow. Or he could be extended the whole year - it's totally up to the client. This means he's paid hourly and every hour gone is extremely expensive. So we're taking off some time around the 4th and adding two days of vacation to the 'cost' of the vacation makes it much more difficult to swallow.

I'm fortunate then when this insanity isn't going on - my job is usually pretty flexible, and within reason I could take off for a week no problem.

It was difficult to plan a wedding/honeymoon around this - but actually the timing worked out great.

Listen - any more cracks on that windy city......never mind it's raining and totally dreary.....

I'm going to Texas June 18-20, which should be really nice. Hopefully I wouldn't come home looking like a lobster again.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:40 PM   #14  

Where in Texas are you going to be? I'm in a suburb of Dallas and I think we have a lot of people on SBD that are from Texas.

It's been really rainy this year but it is in the 90's when it is not raining.

Last edited by Barb0522; 06-10-2004 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:47 PM   #15  

Barb -
I'm visiting my aunt in San Antonio. Not close......

I love Texas. Even though I'm the fairest (meaning on the verge of blue skin) of all - and we had really considered moving to Austin for a long time.
Closed Thread