Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 04:52 PM   #1  

Default Weight Wackers 100 Club 6/6/04*active*

Well it looks like I was the first one in this weekend so I will start this week thred. This way every week we can start a new one so that people know we are actually supporting each other!

Well I can't believe it I lost 2 lbs on saturday. I got the star magnet with the 25 and was quite proud. my 10% is 6 lbs away and I really want that key chain by the end of June so I am on the right track. The meeting was about even if we go off track and miss a couple of turns we can always go back to the right way. Basically if you fall off the wagon you can get back on it and it is ok.

I have upped my exercise last week to 25 min on the treadmill it seems to be working. I am bascially walking about 1.15 miles. taking it slow so that i won't get discouraged. Have any of you tried the new Dryers light Ice Cream ? Yum Yum and it is 3 pts for a 1/2 c. very creamy.

Bakeatn, Chubby Cowgirl, and White lilly, are you guys still around ? your threads are dateed abck in 2003 ?

Kathleen61- Did you get the new bars ? what were they and what were they like tell us about them!

Nevertoolate- good to hear from you Sheila! can walk around the field while your niece plays softball ? just a thought. How is your nephew ?

Amanda Panda- good job on the 2lbs! A weeding in the caribbean would want me to lose weight too! You can do it and keep up the good job.

LindaBC-sounds like you really like that ww cookbook, maybe you can share your fav's every once and a while ? Not much exercise ? you are going to the pool every week and doing the jogging-in my book that is good exercise! keep it up.

Well the nascar race is almost over-closet nascar lover-so i will sign off. hopefully i will post tomorrow. Have a good day or week!
Old 06-06-2004, 08:48 PM   #2  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi michelle!

Thanks for the welcome! I've had a good day - except I ate my dinner really late (midnight! ). I don't want to go to bed now as I will get indegestion!

It's my weigh day tomorrow, but I am worried that my late night eating will affect my weight loss - so I'll see what it says, and if I don't like what I see, I'll wait till Tuesday for my official weigh in!

I'd like to ask everyone - how much weight are you losing each month? You see I've been working out my projected weight loss, with a view to planning when we will get married next year. If I lose 8lb per month, then I will be at my goal weight by July next year, 9lbs a month - June, and 10lb a month, I will be at my goal by April. The weather in the caribbean is least rainy in April, so we would really love to go then. The question is, realistically can I lose 10lb per month? I've only done 1 week so far, so I can't see how it averages out yet - but I'd be grateful to hear your monthly losses! Thanks!

Take care

Amanda x
Old 06-08-2004, 06:50 AM   #3  

Good Morning and happy tuesday!!! It looks like I need to proof read and do a spell check before I send anything out! Whew....

Anyway, Amanda i vary in weight loss each month. One month I can be lucky to lose 5 and then the nxt I lose 7 or 8. The first month was the only time I lost 10lbs. I was way motivated and wanted the weight off. But you have one thing that can keep you motivated-the wedding. I think you should push for April. Even if you get with in 10lbs in april you have done really good, don't you think ? Are you exercising yet ? that really pushed me up there. I have started off really slow and it has worked for me.

Sheila- good job on getting the exercise in, didn't you feel better about yourself ? My job is starting a softball league every Tuesday so that should push my exercise way high! How are you doing ? OP ? you can do it I know you can! Hope everything went well w/ your nephew.

Kathleen and Wanda ????? haven't heard from you guys-how are you doing ?

gotta run need to take a shower take care and HAPPY TUESDAY!!!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:25 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thanks for your advice Sheila and Michelle - I know you are right!

I tend to lose weight VERY slowly and evenly, so I am not going to help myself by putting unrealistic pressure on myself - I know that if i do that, I am more than likely to give up altogether! I was 'on one' a bit when I was predicting my weight loss - I just really want to get married and start my family! Nigel would happily marry me tomorrow - but it means so much to me to lose all my weight and look and feel my best on my wedding day. i'll get there! Like you say - I've got the best motivation and I'm certainly doing the best i can.

Yes, I am exercising - I'm currently doing 35 mins on my exercise bike daily, plus sit ups and leg raises. I've also just introduced some weights - and boy, am i aching! I'm also going to start swimming and start attending my gym again - but I've been a bit ill over the past few weeks due to some medication that I am coming off, so I am just sticking to the home workouts for now.

I lost 1lb this week - I know I'd lost 3lb earlier on in the week - but I really stepped up my workouts and introduced the weights at the end of the week and that seems to of had an effect on my weight - muscle gain or water retention I expect!

Hope you ladies have a great evening!

Love Amanda x
Old 06-09-2004, 12:44 AM   #5  

Hi everyone , I didn't weigh in saturday , as I was retaining so much fluid . I had had a pretty good week , though . Michelle they had the bars this week ! My old favorite , oatmeal raison is back ! They also had chocolate mint , peanut butter , peanut caramel , & I don't remember the others . I am trying to get back my pre grandkids moving in momentum . They have lived with me for three years , today . Of course it's not their fault I gained back 60 pound , I know that . Somehow I just lost IT . There is a man at my meeting , who is such an inspiration to me . He was going to have a gastric bypass , so he had to follow a diet plan , for 6 months . He chose weight watchers . He has done so well . I remember that feeling , kind of euphoric . I will get it again ! Then watch out ! One thing , I have spent two nights in a row , doing several hours of yard work . I love it ! I love walking too , but that's hard with two little kids . You guys are doing great ! A 25 lb magnet ! Yeah ! What do you guys like to do for exercise ? I used to do water aerobics , which I loved . Have a good week . Kathy
Old 06-09-2004, 07:04 AM   #6  

Good Morning,

not much time as I have upped the exercise and lost track of time.

Sheila-that is some commute. I remember in a mtg a couple weeks ago they said to make things available. Maybe you could make a sack lunch and take it with you in the commute. Or maybe you can have a frozen dinner and eat it before you leave work. see how that works ? I have a lot of chewy granola bars with me at all times. They are 2pts and when I get hungry I eat one of those. Get that lady at WW to be your buddy. you will be glad you did. I have one and I think that makes all the diffrence. This website is awesome too. I LOVE DOTTIES website! you can find a lot of info on there. get your mind set right Sheila and you can do anything. I will be here this month and nxt so when it kicks in i will be here!

Amanda-good job on the 1lb loss, you didn't gain it so....are you introducing weights too early ? just asking. have you started looking at wedding dresses ?

Kathleen-thanks soooooo much for sharing on the bars, choc mint and peanut butter carmel ? YUM!!! I have found that even if i weigh in when i am retaining water i still weigh in . I went one time and was sure i had gained but i had lost .4 which is a loss but not much. and then the nxt week i lost 2lbs so....but i understand where you are coming from. If I don't go to the mtg then i am not motivated so i force myself to go! all I am doing is walking on my treadmill each morning. When i lose more weight i might join a gym. I get up at 5am so that i can have my time before everything starts.

take care everyone talk to you tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:58 PM   #7  

Usually I would agree on the weigh-in thing , but I was retaining A LOT OF WATER . I haven't passed on weighing very many times . One time It was just a few days after having a lump removed , in the hospital . I gained 8 pounds from the IV . The following week I lost it . I went to Applebees last saturday & had the Baja chicken roll up , from the new ww menu . It is so good . And Jack in the box has a chicken pita that has like 4.8 grams of fat , & it is really good . I was dissappointed in Taco Times white chili . So there you go , Kathy's restraunt revue . . Kathy
Old 06-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #8  
Slimwithin

I'm sure that I'm the world's slowest loser. Consequently, I get discouraged and say to myself "What the heck!" and start to cheat. That's what happened to me yesterday. I did fine all day but caved in and had low fat graham crackers with nonfat cheese and jam just before bedtime. That really put my points over the top and I felt bad too. I've only lost 2 lb in the past three weeks but I figure my body is adjusting to the change from Atkins to a low fat/calorie plan. At my current weight (279) I'm allowed quite a lot of points but I try to stay under 26. Then, if I do go off the rails as I did last night, I figure I haven't really been TOO bad. Just shows how we can kid ourselves.
Yesterday I went to visit my sis who has lost 30 lb very quickly since she started dieting about two months ago. She must have been about my weight when she started. She's not really on WW but is following the Diabetes food plan. She's also walking 1/2 hour a day. I thought I'd see a big change in her but it's so true that when you are this overweight, it takes a HUGE change to make weight loss noticeable. From what I could see, she is losing in her face, neck and shoulders but she says she's also wearing a smaller size so it must be coming off everywhere else too. IMHO, the weight loss has made her look older (fat fills in the face wrinkles ) but I'm glad she's feeling better and her doctor is pleased with her progress. Now, if only I could lose as well. I think it's been quicker for her because she gave up on any kind of diet many years ago so her body hasn't built up a resistance to losing the fat. I, on the other hand, have been on just about every crackpot diet plan over the past 20 years or so, some of them not very healthy either. No wonder my poor metabolism is all confused and hanging on to every ounce.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:42 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello ladies!

I had a BAAAAAAAAAAD day yesterday - pigged out on bread and cheese late night because I was feeling depressed

I'm not going to beat myself up about it - it's better to just move on as today is a new day! Today I have done much better - i forced myself to get on my exercise bike after 3 days off, and feel alot better for it! I just took it quite gently, but it has lifted my mood, and it's stopped that voice in my head that says 'I really should go on my exercise bike' and makes me feel guilty!

Linda - I am the same as you with the slow weightloss - it can be really disheartening, but on a more positive note, I usually find that I lose weight really evenly and tone up well - so hopefully there will be no 'skin flaps'!

Love Amanda xx
Old 06-10-2004, 06:44 PM   #10  

Hey ladies!

posting kinda late today. I am slow loser as well i have been on ww for 6 mnths and have lost 25lbs. I get off the wagon and on it. I understand where you are coming from. I have started the exercise and that seems to help me. Sheila I walk on a candence (sp) treadmil by Weslo, nothing fancy but it cost a nice penny. got it after the christmas sale, I love those shopping sprees!

Kathleen thanks for the applebees update. can you believe in the houston area that we use to not have any but they are building some out here. I can't wait till they open so i can try everything out.

Does anyone drink more water then the 8 glasses a day ? i read somewhere that you are supposed to drink your weight times something, I am not sure what it was but i worked it out to be drinking like 128 oz of water. that is like 16 glasses of water, that i can't do. Does anyone know what i am talking about ?

one of my other problems is weighing everyday. I for some reason need to do this everyday and i am not sure why, does anyone else have that issue ?

well i am out of here, still at work-that is the payroll life for ya!
Old 06-12-2004, 06:43 PM   #11  
Slimwithin

You know what Michelle. I've decided to just not fret about drinking all that water. Yes, I know it is supposed to aid weight loss and cleanse the system, yaddayaddayadda. Who cares. I'm tired of nearly wetting my pants when out shopping and I hate getting up to pee 4 times a knght. I try to drink one Britta container empty each day but no panic if i don't. One thing I try to do is if I think I'm hungry and I'm tempted to snack, I will first have a large glass of water just in case I'm really thirsty and not hungry at all. Sometimes that tactic even keeps me from eating.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:06 PM   #12  

Linda BC - what you said about fat filling wrinkles , was funny . When my mom was very sick , for quite a few years , she was very very thin & wrinkled . One time , to my uncles amusement , she was mistaken for his mother . When she became better , she gained a lot of weight & was told by an old classmate that she looked 10-15 years younger . She said , " can you imagine how good i'd look if I gained 100 pounds ?" Amanda - There is no BAD . It's life . We get off track . We can't be perfect all the time . This is a lesson . My weight watchers leader says that it's feedback , negative or positive .
I'm in the turtles club myself . But I have to admit it's my fault . I backslide alot . I am doing better , though . I didn't weigh in last week , because of water retention . This week I did weigh in & lost about 3 pounds . I've gotten in a good amount of yard work . Hope everyone is doing well . Kathy

Last edited by kathleen61; 06-13-2004 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:57 PM   #13  

Hey Ladies,

Are you looking for another to add to your fold? I would love to join in with you. I am a pretty regular lurker and a seldom poster, but I would like to change: that is if you would let me. I have about 100# to lose and am trying to do it alone and would like some company along the way. I am a mother of three with my baby being 17 and work partime as an OR nurse. My weight is starting to get in the way of my life and I am looking to get rid of it one way or another. Anyway, I promise to post and be an active member of your group! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

GeeChee Girl!
Old 06-15-2004, 12:55 AM   #14  
Slimwithin

Hi, gang. I'm not posting these days due to a painfully infected finger. Spent 5 hours in ER today. Have to go back daily for IV antibiotic terapy til it clears up. Not good at one-hand typing.
Not doing too well food-wise as kitchen work is too painful so I'm picking easy to fix foods, perhaps not all the wisest choices. Right now I just want to be pain-free!
Closed Thread