Old 06-01-2004, 06:46 PM   #1  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Wink Nbc Seeks Nation's `biggest Loser'

NBC's new reality series "The Biggest Loser" isn't a quest for people who watch "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" every day, nor is a profile of people still wearing mesh trucker hats. It isn't yet another reality show featuring some member of the Hilton family and nobody will marry a dwarf, out-sprint a hippo or box Tonya Harding.

"The Biggest Loser" is actually all about weight loss and NBC is asking contestants to do it the old-fashioned way, without liposuction or gastric bypasses. In what's described as an "inspirational" series, strong-willed contestants will learn weight-loss skills and transform their bodies and their lives.

"This challenging new drama offers a strong emotional attachment for viewers who can follow people trying to change their lives and re-shape their lifestyles," says Jeff Gaspin, NBC Universal's president of cable entertainment and cross-platform strategy. "But the quest and final results will be entirely up to the people who can benefit most - the participants."

NBC has already had open casting calls in Nashville, Memphis, Boston, New Orleans, Buffalo, Chicago Houston and Orlando and future calls will be held in Milwaukee and New Orleans.

"'The Biggest Loser' celebrates hard work and rewards discipline," says the show's executive producer Ben Silverman. "Hopefully we will inspire an overweight America to get fit. Every day will be a struggle for our characters as they battle each other and try to change their habits and way of life."
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:46 PM   #2  

SAPF,

Thanks for posting about this-it will be nice to see a "real" reality show for a change!

BTW, my husband and I saw Eric Idle's show when he toured the US last year. He was hysterical! We even got to meet him afterwards and get autographs !

take care,
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:32 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I think this is a really cool idea - I just wish I was on their calling list.
Instead of the most weight.. it should be all things.. ie. weight and body fat and bmi.. etc. you want the whole picture. You want to promote a healthy body.. not just lost lbs.

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:21 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Wow. They had an open casting call in Memphis? When? They must not have publicized it very well, because I would think it would have been all OVER the news.

That sucks. I would have been interested.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

sounds like a great idea. can't wait to see it.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 315/315/200

i definitely like the idea of this show. It sounds awesome
amy8028472 is offline   Reply With Quote