Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 08:18 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Chit Chat #50

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who talk about everything. Who also provide daily support in our everyday lives, as well as our walk towards a healthier lifestyle.

We would love for you to join us!

Jana
Old 05-31-2004, 08:35 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Happy Memorial Day Ladies!

Is your flag out??

Cristi - where are you, my friend?? It has been too long since you posted last, and momma hen is starting to worry.

Angie - glad you had fun with your mom. Pansies are annuals around here, too, and die off as soon as it gets hot - they hate heat.

Sue - Yay 2# down!! Did you have bad weather last night? We sure did! And in Darmstadt (near Evansville) a tornado touched down right at the end of the block by family members' home. Luckily, they were spared.

Susan - Yay for 1 1/2 down for you!! You never said when the position will be filled? Soon I hope, for your sake.

RosieKate - we also were looking for a church w/open communion, and the one we went to yesterday has it. It is an Epicopalian Church, with a small congregation. They all made us feel very welcome, and I liked the service. I was reared Catholic, and Neal was reared Lutheran, so it is kind of in-between the two. Hope you are feeling better today.

Marti - how's your weekend going? Hope you are having fun with your family.

A big hello to all the others...

Well, the party was so much fun, then I paid Katie and Kayla to wash all the pots and pans and crock pots (3 of just those!) Today I want to soak up some sun, play with the grandkids and then watch movies. Totally veg out, lol.

BBL,
Jana
Old 05-31-2004, 11:37 AM   #3  

HI! My name is Jen. I've posted my bio, so now I'm "locked in" to be a regular here. I've read through your bio's and some posts. This sure seems like a great group. I may not be able to post every day though. I hope that is all right.

A little about me, I'm an RN, gained weight in nursing school (1995), up to 190. Worked on losing weight after graduation, slowly. I was down to 125 in the summer of 1999. I've gained about 5 lbs a year since then. I'm now fighting to get under 150 again. I would be ecstatic to be 140. My clothes would fit well, and I wouldn't have to spend a fortune on a new wardrobe. Not to mention, 125 is a little thin for 5'9"!

My weakness, especially this time of year, is ice cream. I LOVE IT! What I need to do is concentrate on fresh fruits and veggies. I love strawberries. That is what I did back in 1999! So, here we go again. I also need to get off of my butt! I'm very good at finding excuses to not exercise. I "try" to walk everyday, but trying doesn't get you far!

Here are my pledges for this week:

1. I will eat at least 6 servings of fruits and veggies every day.
2. I will exercise, in some form, 5 days this week.
3. I will drink my 8 glasses every day.
4. I will clean out the spare bedroom for an exercise room on rainy days.

Jen
sw: 152
gw: 140 by June 30
Old 05-31-2004, 02:35 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Morning,

Welcome Jen I will go read the bio, wonderful to have you here!! Speaking of ice cream.....there is a Ben & Jerrys close by and my co worker has photo copied free 1 scoop coupons that are good until Aug 04.....lol.
I have about 50 coupons , was going to use them with my daughters. I swear!!!
I have been getting this oatmeal flavor, figure that is a healthy choice.

Anyway, no I said the position was open until the 4th of June- Jana.....lol, between you and Marti.....geez.....hit ya with a wet noodle or something.....

Church on my end was really good. There is a basketball camp coming up that I inlisted the girls in.

My dad gave me a computer but I gave it to the girls.....he has others, so hopefully I will get one of those. He also has sewing machines....go figure. Why an AA counselor needs sewing machines....maybe they were teaching that if they gave up drinking they could learn how to sew?? Look fashionable??? lol

Going to show him a unit this morning, has a 1 bedroom , which he needs. Afterward head over to Shari's for lunch.

I guess that is it.

Best to you all........and welcome again Jen!!
Old 05-31-2004, 09:17 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Well I'm back.....

Jen - a big welcome to you!! Glad you decided to join us. We're a crazy (but fun) bunch. I also am 5' 9" although my goal weight is a lot higher than yours. I too think 125 is too thin, even if you have a small frame. So how did you lose down from 190? Have you tried the Blue Bunny fat free, no sugar added ice creams? For a smoothie, I use 1/4 cup of vanilla ice cream with 3/4 cup milk and any fruit with a sprinkle of Splenda in a food processor. Very yummy! We grow our own fruits (and vegetables) so I've been freezing whole strawberries on a cookie sheet. Then keep them in a gallon baggie. The coldness of them is what makes the smoothie thick. Cherries are just now ripening, so they are next on my list! Can't wait to read your bio! Anyway, post when you can, even if it isn't everyday.

Susan - get the wet noodle, I can take it, lol. At least the end of it is near so we can start getting confused about something else. Hope you and Shari had lots of fun today.

Cristi - okay, I truly am getting worried now! Please check in....

I didn't get to play with the twins and the baby today. Mary and Dale took them to see his parents, can you believe the audacity of that?!? LOL!! But Gina brought out her 2 and I snuggled on them. I also hoed the sweet corn, popcorn and cabbage. I feel so good that my back is well enough for me to do that!

Back in the morning...
Jana
Old 05-31-2004, 11:28 PM   #6  
RosieKate

Just got back from the IL's - had a nice family get together for Memorial Day. We put out our flag and James ( my 7 yr old son) and I have had a few nice talks over the weekend about what it means to remember those who died in combat. He and I watched the tribute on 60 minutes last night. All they showed were the faces of all the casualties so far in the war in Iraq. He said that if he were to die in a war it would be because he was protecting someone - out of the mouth of babes.

Welcome Jen - I'm still a bit of a newbie and have found this to be a great group of people. The support has been helpful as I have been stuck at a plateau and have been trying to get jumpstarted again. I also like to garden, but do not have 9 cats ( wow) However 2 kids give me enough to clean up after

Jana - glad you liked the new church, it's great that they made you feel welcome. Sounds like you grow quite a bit of your fruits and vegetables. I'm slowly adding more every year. Nothing like homegrown tomatoes, IMO.

Susan - oatmeal ice cream sound so good right now! I was so good at the in-laws. I ate lots of fruit with dinner and no chips, and politely turned down dessert. Boy, I could go for some Ben and Jerry's! But, I'm not. I'm here posting instead, then I will go to bed and read a book. I'm reading Under the Tuscan Sun and I'm just about done, then it's on to The Time Traveler's Wife

Is anybody else reading anything good right now? I'm always in the mood for recommendations. I belong to a book group which keeps me busy, but I love to read. Keeps me out of the fridge at night

TTFN
RosieKate

Old 06-01-2004, 12:38 AM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello Jen and welcome!
There are two Canadians,,,I being one of them.

I don't know how these pansies are growing...and spreading all over the place...I planted one lil plant last year in the back yard and now they have taken up a meter of flower bed.
I went to see Hidalgo (SP) the long distance horse racer,,,a true story about Frank T Hodgkins. I like movies like that...
Angelika and Lori both have interviews with my work now,,,that will be 4 of use from Pennington's working at the beer stand..lol
I went shopping,,,bought a pair of jeans,,capris and 3 nice summer tops..
had a moment this morning...*sigh I do that some times,,,,not sure if you all have noticed I do get fuddled up every so often,,,today was one of them. I had to change my top 4 times today. Got tooth paste on the first top, deodrant on the second spilled coffee on the third and stained the 4th with hair dye. Tanner is now back to normal....lol Hair color that is.
I watched the game tonight so the Flames lost,,,again.
I painted the entrance into the house yesterday,,,plus all the trim outside. House is looking good.
Have been reading an awesome book by ERica Spindler,,,called Fortune.

Jana,,,my mouth watered when you talked about your smoothies...mmmm if I wasn't so lazy I would make one right now but Im tired..Im going to have to go buy some protein powder to make my smoothies...cranberry juice frozen strawberries...YUM!
well night all
Angie
Old 06-01-2004, 01:11 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies--

Been having issues with the computer and for the life of me, I forgot my password!! Can you believe it? (still don't know it, but it remembered me by the time our computer stopped messing up!)

Had a great weekend with James. Only had a day and half with him but it was a good day and a half. Yesterday we went shopping for a bed frame OR a treadmill. (I want both of coarse) Since there was a sale on bed frames in Albany at a store that is going out of business, we went for that. We found a beautiful Mahogony Sleigh bed frame....for only $470. Originally $1000. So we put money on it until next weekend when they'll have in the store. I hate spending that much on stuff, but it was just beautiful. And we want to start getting nicer furniture for our house.

James says we'll get the treadmill in a couple months. (no problem, I can walk my butt around the neighborhood!!)

Colored my hair today. My own color,,,,nothing different. Just wanted to "wash that gray right out of my hair!" And it worked. No gray popping out until next time I need to make a trip to the store!

OMG......I forgot to do this first-----

Welcome Jen!!! So glad to have you here. You will find us to be a bunch of chatty gals! I have the same goal as you for weightloss...only difference is that I'm barely 5'1".... I'm not going to say that 125lbs is too thin, because it's really hard to determine that without looking at you. Some people look great at that weight, and others it does look too thin. I hope you enjoy our little neck of the woods!

For you Portlanders.....James is on his way up there tonight...will be there all week until Sunday night. So if you see this handsome fella working on the trains...that's my man!!

Tomorrow night, Jhanai's choir has a singing program....a tribute to the Beatles. She's been practicing and will sing to me over the phone and when she's over, she pops in the CD in my car and that's all I hear!! (I go to sleep with the beatles singing the "Yellow Submarine")

Well girls, it's late...I will do individuals tomorrow.

You all have a great night...(you're all probably in bed by now!)

Take Care
Marti
Old 06-01-2004, 10:05 AM   #9  

Morning ladies--

Quickly posting before I need to leave for school. Something is going on with my settings......

I collapse all the other forums and when I get out of one, they're all back to where it started! Plus, I have to keep on logging in!

If only those were the issues I had in my life.

Ok...I need to wash up and get going. Need my cup of coffee for the morning.

Chat with you all later on......

Marti
Old 06-01-2004, 01:48 PM   #10  

Wink Morning!

Morning (again) ladies--

Where is everyone today? Catching up from a long weekend??

Went to class this morning....really had to drag myself out of bed since James and I had been staying up until 3:00 every night!! (so bad!!) But I managed to get into bed last night at 11:00 but laid there until way past 1:00....so much running through my head!

Anyway...on to individuals!

Jana--Were you having twin withdrawals?!! You poor thing! At least you had someone to hug and love over the weekend. I'm going to have to try the smoothie you mentioned! Sounds so good, and it sounds like a great breakfast!

RosieKate--I find it amazing what little kids will say sometimes. How neat that your little James feels the way he does. I'm sure it's frightening though to even imagine him when he's older going into war. Hopefully he'll choose not to go into the military. My brother (who is now out of the military) had so much to talk about after coming back from Iraq. I'm so thankful that he didn't get hurt considering that he was on the front line of it all when it all started!! He's 6yrs. younger than I am and I remember changing his diapers as a baby. So I'm protective over him!!

Susan--Oatmeal Ice-cream?! That doesn't sound too good to me. I love oatmeal, but only as breakfast. I don't like it in cookies and I can't imagine it in Ice-cream! But this is coming from a gal who likes fish tacos!!

Jen--Once again welcome. Don't worry about not posting everyday. We have few girls who post when they have time. Sometimes we panic though and wonder where they're at! (Kayecee!! Cristi!! where you girls gone off to?) I like your pledges for the week. Would you like to come over and clean my spare room so I can workout in there too?

Angie--Boy...did you have a day with your tops!! I want to go buy some flowers to put in my front yard. We have something growing in there right now, but I think they are too tall for the front area. I don't even know what's growing.....(I didn't plant them) last summer I pulled out a bunch of bulbs, and there are still plenty left!! I believe they are yellow. I really want to pretty up the place. James and I had sprayed (ok...it was James who actually did it) some weed killer on our front lawn...we don't have grass up there...just weeds. It got the crawling clover, but not the dandelions!! So next weekend we plan on attacking those.

Hello to the rest of you girls!!

Well tonight I will see Jhanai sing...her last program before school is out. Hard to believe that she'll be in the 5th grade next year! Where is the time going??? She's very excited about her field trip this Thursday. Her dad isn't looking forward to the long drive up to Portland on a bus full of 9 & 10 year olds!! I think he's brave to do it in the first place!

Been wondering how long my grandpa plans on being away!! He told me a week...should have been home on Saturday...but with the Memorial Weekend I'm sure he decided to stay a few extra days. Must keep watering the plants.....he's attempting to grow popcorn! Love popcorn..so if it turns out, I will be chomping down on that stuff this fall!!

Alrighty....I've wrote an awful long post. (making up for those who haven't posted this morning!)

I will check in later.

Marti
Old 06-01-2004, 01:55 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

RosieKate - Yay for all the control you had at IL's. That can be hard, I know. I just finished reading Flirting with Pete by Barbara Delinsky. And although I had sworn off all Danielle Steel books, I am beginning The Dating Game soon.... I think that's the name, lol.

Angie - it's nice to have your friends at work. Makes it much more fun. There is never any end to laundry anyway, so what's a few more shirts, lol. I told Mary what you said about needing one of her daughters and she said there are days she would let you have all 3, lol.

Marti - I'm lookin for a second hand treadmill. I had one but gave it away to my son when I got plantar's faciitis in my foot. But first, I have to make room for one, and that is the problem. The only space available is in the playroom, so that seems to be where it's going when I do get one. I like to watch TV while walking so I tape up movies and series. Your bed sounds gorgeous, by the way, and you got a real deal. Have fun at Jhanai's program tonight.

I got all of my ironing done this morning. Cotton campshirts sure do feel good, but they are a pain to take care of, lol. Right now I'm waiting for Madison to finish a nap, then she and I are going to Walmart.

Be good,
Jana
Old 06-01-2004, 02:14 PM   #12  

Hi Jana--

About the treadmill, Sears has some on sale...a real nice one for only $299 orginally $700. There are others that are on sale also. James kept asking me which one I liked and I kept pointing to the cheapest (they all do the same right?)...and he would keep telling no, you want a better one......so why ask me? Just get what he wants!! But I thought it was so nice that he wants to get one for me. We plan on putting it in our office room until our extra storage room is cleared out. (not sure when that will be) Eventually we want to make that a workout room. I've been feeling spoiled.....plus I have a hard time spending money like that!!

Time for the dogs outing......wheres the leash!?

BBL
Marti
Old 06-01-2004, 02:57 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile I'm baaaccck...

Hi Ladies~

Sorry for being MIA for a few days, just been busy, busy, busy. Friday evening went shopping for things for the deck and front yard and a ceiling fan. Boy, never thought finding a nickel ceiling fan would be so hard. But we found one. Ended up getting a couple other things as well. Saturday we did a little work in the front yard before the bad storms hit so stayed off the computer. Tornado's missed us but we got some pretty bad wind, lost our tree we just planted in the front-snapped it in half. We did get the front yard finished, planted two trees, maples-I love the color of the leaves in the fall. After planting the one, we thought we should have planted two, so went ahead and did. We stained the deck, what a job! We got it done pretty fast, but it was a lot of work, and there was three of us doing it! Anyway, like I said, a very busy weekend working around the house. Of course now I have to catch up on the inside!

Jana~sorry for worrying ya. I checked in Saturday morning and there were so many posts I didn't have time to respond to everyone, but I should have said Hi at least. Glad your party yesterday was fun.

Marti~about the treadmill, I too feel they all do they same. We bought one at Wal-Mart for a little over $200, I think, can't remember for sure. I am cheap when it comes to certain things. But it has a few things on it. All I am concerned with is that it works! It tells how many calories you burn, how fast you are walking, of course the mileage and a few other things that I don't concern myself with. It has several settings also, but I like it. Your bed sounds nice. I love the sleigh beds, but can't have one. DH is too tall. We are wanting to get a new headboard sometime. I've never cared for one because I like a lot of pillows on the bed and I lean them against the wall, but now after years of not having one, I am wanting one. Hope you guys have fun tonight at Jhanai's concert!

Angie~thank you for the card, that was sweet of you. I have had days like your shirt day. Hope it gets better for ya.

RosieKate~I am reading a book, in between the South Beach one, but can't remember the name of it! That's terrible! I think it was called Going Home?? I need to get back to it, it was just getting good. I have too many I want to read, but not into it right now.

Susan~I have to agree with Marti about the oatmeal ice cream, sounds kind of icky. I love oatmeal, and oatmeal raisin cookies, and have even been known to eat raw oatmeal, but I don't know about ice cream. But now you have me wondering...I think I will have to try some. Haven't had much ice cream though. When I do, it's usually something low-fat, fat-free, or frozen yogurt.

Hi Jen~a big WELCOME to you! This is a good place to be-the ladies are wonderful!

CONGRAT'S to all the losers this past week! You ladies are doing a fantastic job! I didn't weigh in this past Saturday. All the talk about TOM here, I think you ladies jinxed me! LOL I haven't had a TOM since Dec. and BOOM! Surprise! So wasn't about to get on the scales. I hope that (TOM) is not a regular occurrence!

Anyway...had to run to the library this morning to return some books, then off to the scrapbook store. I ran out of glue Saturday evening so got a few extra things while there. Then went next door and bought a couple pair of thongs (flip flops). Now I need to get off this thing and get some cleaning done. Did a little this morning before leaving, just need to get a couple loads of laundry done.

Take care ladies and have a good one.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:13 PM   #14  
I want to be thin!!!!

Hi all. Another neebie here. I don't really know how this thing works, but I'm gonna give it a shot. I just turned 32 last month. I'm 5'10". 190 lbs. I would love to be 140 and have tons of energy to keep up with my kids. I'm not sure how to get started. I've tried ALOT of diets. I have lost on them but it always comes back with a vengence. I think I just need some encouragement and maybe someone to pry my butt out the chair...LOL. Any advice?
Old 06-01-2004, 03:37 PM   #15  
I want to be thin!!!!

Just added my signature. Wanted to see how bad I screwed it up........LOL. Can't seem to get my picture to work so why would this....LOL
Closed Thread