Old 05-30-2004, 10:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Weigh In May 31- June 6

Hi All.. I know it's not quite the 31st but by my clock it will be in an hour and a half! SO I hope you all don't mind me starting this weeks thread.

Hope everyone had a great week!

I am down 3 more lbs.. Total of 46 lb loss! 39 To go! Good luck this week!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:43 AM   #2  
2006 - Panda Remix

Wow Gretchen - the weight is just dropping off you! Have you got any tips to help me on my way?

I lost 2lb - maybe it would have been 3, but I went a bit off track over the weekend and ate far too much bread. I'm more than happy with 2lb - it's a good start!

Nige and I have decided to get married on a beach in the Caribbean - so I feel more motivated than ever to lose all this weight.

Love Amanda x

Last edited by Amanda Panda; 05-31-2004 at 11:56 AM.
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:54 AM   #3  

Gretchen, you are kicking some major !!!! I don't think you are going to have any problems meeting your 4th of July goal!!

Amanda, I think that your 1 pound loss is terrific!! How romantic getting married on a beach in the Caribbean.

The place where I weigh, I think, is closed today, but I am going to check later and make sure. If so, I will just have to wait until tomorrow. I am anxious to see if the couple of times I goofed are going to show up on the scale.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:00 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy32
Amanda, I think that your 1 pound loss is terrific!! How romantic getting married on a beach in the Caribbean.
I have just had to edit my post Tammy as I got my start weight wrong - so infact I've lost 2lb! Yay!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 06:08 PM   #5  

Hey Gretchen - I want to know your secrets too!!! you are really rocking on this weight loss journey.....go girl!

Amanda - hmmm. Wedding on a caribbean beach, sounds fantastic.....congrats on the 2lbs, great job...
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:05 PM   #6  

Hi all! Lets see my secrets.... I don't really have any. I am doing the 800-1200 calories per day mostly staying toward the 800 count. Once a week I have a higher calorie day. But for 6 out of the 7 days I stick to the plan. Thats it!

Good job to everyone elce! We're ALL kicking major butt!!
Old 05-31-2004, 11:43 PM   #7  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Just a quick post to say I lost another 2 pounds this week -- that seems to be my magic number for the last several weeks, alas. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not complaining, but it's definitely down from the previous weeks. That puts me at a current total of 35 pounds in 13 weeks.

Great job to Gretchen and Amanda . Tammy, I'm sure you'll be just fine -- just think positively and stay focused. And if you get less than great news, you know what to do, and how far you've come, so you won't have any trouble maintaining your already awesome momentum!

Pssst. Pssst! Claire -- I'll tell you Gretchen's secret. Sssshhh, it's a big secret, so listen carefully: She works her *** off!!! She keeps her calories at a very low caloric level, and works out like a beast something like every day. She's determined, committed, driven, and just about unstoppable. Gretchen, I'm sorry I blabbed.......I just couldn't keep that information all to myself! I respect the heck outta you, man -- truly you are a living testament to what is possible if you put -- and keep -- your mind to it!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 03:54 AM   #8  

Sarah - congrats on the 2lbs, or should I say the 35 lbs, you must be feeling great!

Gretchen - much respect, me, I would be grouchy, miserable and hungry on 800 cals a day!!!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:39 AM   #9  

Hi,

I haven't weighed in a LONG time. Unfortunately, I'm back up, but I'll head in the right direction soon!

I weighed in at 204.5 this morning-ugh! Oh, well on Sunday it said 207.5 (ack!) so it's headed in the right direction.

Congrats to everyone who is doing well, and to maintainers, too! If you gained, don't worry, they'll be a loss next week. Please keep coming back. Don't just avoid it like I did!

Hugs,
Sherry

sw/256
cw/204.5
goal-somewhere around 155 ?
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:56 AM   #10  

Sarah, Well done on your 2 pound loss for the week! I hear ya on the 2 pounds being your magic number. It's been the same for me.

Sherry, you have a wonderful attitude! You will be loosing again in no time!

Gretchen, You must be the discipline queen. It is amazing how well you are doing. I don't know if I could do it on 800 calories a day. You definately get kudo points from me and tons of respect.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:28 PM   #11  

A lot of people strongly disagree with my diet structure. (800 calories). But we are all different and this happens to work for me. I have consulted a dietician about it because I was starting to get scared with all the negativity surrounding it. However, It is working for me and my body has become accustomed to the fact that it gets 800 calories a day. On the day of more calories (usually around 1200-1400), I feel full quicker and don't usually finish what I am eating but if I do... body lets me know it! I do not feel empty stomached or deprived in the least bit. Some people have said that once I am finished loosing weight it will be hard since I am on a restricted diet. I don't think so becuase this is how I plan on eating now. Once I have reached my goal, I will increase to a daily amount of about 1200. I should not gain on that. I no longer eat for boredom or just because, I eat for fuel aside from the occasional treat of dairy queen. I admit, maintaining will be a different ball game but I know I can do it! I am by no means starving myself and I feel the best I have in years! I am losing an avg. of around 3 lbs per week which is not much above the normal 2 lbs per week.

Woah, I went off on a tangent didn't I!

What are your thoughts?
Old 06-01-2004, 01:30 PM   #12  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Gretchen, if you'd asked me at the onset if I thought 800 calories per day was the best route to go, I'd have encouraged you to raise it to like 1200-1300, out of concern for your ability to stay the course for the duration of your loss, as well as your plan for comfortable, sustainable maintenance. You've made it clear that neither of those concerns will apply to you at all. You've been able to stay on track without wavering, and you've successfully transitioned from your old way of life to this new healthier one. You've got a plan in place for maintenance that seems fully sustainable and manageable.......and you're happy! I say more power to you. If you were starving yourself or drinking slim fast shakes to achieve the 800 then I'd have some concerns for your health -- likewise if you hadn't so successfully incorporated exercise into your daily life. But clearly you've made hugely positive long-term changes with an eye to the whole picture.

More power to you, Gretchen. I fully understand and usually agree with the arguments against the very low calorie approach; however, in your case, you've proven that the legitimate concerns just don't apply. You go with your bad self, girlfriend!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:55 PM   #13  

Thanks Sarah! I think that there is always an exception to the rule! You're doing excellent too by the way! I went through the 2 lb loss for a few weeks in a row.. You'll bust out of that soon!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 02:54 PM   #14  

I weighed today. I got on the scale saw a total, thought it had to be wrong. I got off. I got back on, saw the same total. Was not believing it. Then I walked out with my friend and I had to walk back in again and have her look to make sure that I was seeing it right.

I lost 5 pounds for the week!! I thought I was going to be lucky to have lost my normal 2 pounds so it was quite the shocker.

Now, for my question. The past week I would say that I averaged about three miles of walking a day as opposed to my usual 5 to 7. Could it be possible that with less exercise I lost more because I was not building as much muscle? Kind of makes sense to me that this could be the case, but I don't know for sure. Anyways, I plan on staying with my 5 to 7 miles reguardless. It was just nice to see that big loss for the week.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:14 PM   #15  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME TAMMY! 5lbs whooo hooo!!! I think the muscle thing is true. BUT what you've got to remember is lean muscle burns more fat... even if it weighs more! YOU GO GIRL!! What a perfect start to the week!