Old 05-31-2004, 07:23 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #184

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:26 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Hi girls, no coffee this morning. It's weird, coffee is usually the first thing I go to in the mornings, but being pregnant, one morning I'll have some the next I won't. Oh well, it's better that I don't anyways.
Sorry I didn't post but once yesterday. I've been MIA the past two weekends and next weekend will probably be the same. I read the posts thoguh and think I'm caught up so let's see...

Liegh, glad you enjoyed the bbq. And those extra cravings probably were because you had a little extra at the bbq, same thing happens to me. That's why some people say just one bite of something they are craving and others say no way, I can't do it. Once you get that one bite, your body wants more and more. It's okay that you went off plan alittle, it happens and it probably won't even effect you.

Michelle, down 3 lbs. Man o man, that is awesome. You are going to hit onederland soon, keep it up.

Spryng, sorry you went off plan too, but you don't do that very often so I wouldn't let that ruin anything for you. Glad you had fun at MIL's.

Di, glad you slept in yesterday or at least took it easy. And I homeschool my kids too. Alisa will be in 1st. She's the only one I'll have in school until the next school year, then Ally will be in preK. Homeschooling is the best and I see it as though I have no choice. That is kind of the way I look at it. And homeschoolers call socialization the S... word!!! My kids learn their socialization skills from me. They hear me talk on the phone to strangers and friends and family. They go to the stores with me and see how I communicate and they go to restraunts and such. I prefer it this way, the alternative is them learning these skills along with values and such from other kids that may be ill mannered, rude, undisciplined and so on. You get the picture. My kids are great and Alisa use to be sooooo shy and I can see her getting so much better. Really, socialization is of the least worry for homeschoolers. They really can and do get a better education and learn so much more.

Anyway, do y'all want to hear about our incident yesterday??? Luckily Andrew was sleeping and me and dh and the girls were outside in the pool, just walking in it as we were re filling it. All of the sudden dh yells to get out or run or something and I look up and see a thousand bees, I immediately grab and push Alisa, while I'm pulling, almost dragging Ally going towards the house. Dh thinks for a minute and turns around to help me with the kids, he gets and drags Alisa while I still have Ally. We get into the house. It was a swarm of bees, I'm sure honey bees,no one got stung, but it was frightening. My stomach hurt from the adrenaline. It was awful, they were right over us and hitting us. Made me think twice about letting the girls outside with out me with them. Lots of times they go out and play and I just keep my eye on them. It will be awhile before that happens again. It was awful. Anyway, just wanted to share that with y'all. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day. We are going to my mom's for most of the day. I'll try to check in later this evening.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!!

Crystal - Omg!!! I would have freaked out with a swarm of bees coming at me!!! I have never seen a swarm but if I see just two its enough to make me run inside lol. Glad you guys got in the house without incident! Hope you are feeling ok!! Have a great day at MIL's house!

Nothing big planned for today. I need to definately get a nap in today, I had a horrible dream last night and had a really hard time getting back to sleep. I also had a bit of a tummy upset and it was probably from the sugar free reeses pb cups since I'm not used to having sweets lately. It looks beautiful out today and hopefully the lawn will be dry enough that we can mow it. I also need to get more woodchips to put in the girls "playground" in the back yard. So I'll probably be going to home depot for that today. Well I better get off here and get some stuff done.
Have a great morning girls.
TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:07 AM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Default Good Memorial Day

Good Memorial Day to all ya'll I hope you will each enjoy your day off. Well, as much as mothers actually get time "off," which is questionable

Hey, Spryng! Thanks for the kind words. My WI isn't until Friday, so you're right - I should be okay. And I think your exercise will balance out your forray into ice cream. That is one reason I can't wait for my videos to arrive - I'd like to begin adding toning along with the 2 mile walks, I figure that should help overall with my weight loss and changing to a healthy lifestyle. Oh - did you get the recipe I emailed you? I forgot to ask

Michelle - thanks for the supportive words I am one determined chick today As I was telling Spryng, I'm now actually looking forward to my toning tapes arriving - very strange for me The Reeses candy sounds yummy. As long as it fits into the calories as a whole, it's not a problem I had strange dreams last night too - maybe it's something in the air!

Crystal - I actually didn't miss coffee at all while pregnant, even though I really thought I would. It just didn't smell or taste good to me the whole nine months. Thanks for the support in terms of me going off plan. Those bees sound terrifying! My DH is allergic and has one of those epi pens in case. Have fun at your mother's place.

We're getting together with our neighbors later today . . . we've been seeing them a lot lately (She's the person I walk with every day) but it's nice because Liam and her son are the same age, so we have lots to talk about. Yesterday we went to an Arts Festival and bought a beautiful painting that we fell in love with. Anyway, have a great day and I'll check in later.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:41 AM   #5  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies!

I didn't get a post in yesterday...nothing new happened! Same old same old...rain all day until about 7 or 8 and by then I didn't feel like taking the boys for a walk. Layed on the couch watching the Nascar race and got really tired so Dh & I were in bed by 8:45! Watched the rest of the boring race and fell asleep! May get more rain today but will get outside inbetween the drops!

Congrats Michelle! 25 lbs is wonderful.

Spryng & Leigh...you're both human like the rest of us! I never like to see anyone "cave" but it's nice to know I'm not alone (lol).

Hi to everyone out there! I'll try to leave a longer more personal post later. I hear Dh chasing Tony around upstairs. Gotta run! Have a wonderful holiday.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I've just been staying busy so far this morning. Got all my cleaning done, except for vacuuming the living room. I have a full day ahead of me.

Leigh, yes I did get that recipe in my email and I can't wait to try it! It sounds sooo good. And I think those toning tapes along with your walks will do wonders for your body. Is the neighbor your walk with trying to lose weight too? It's so nice to make a friend that is close by. There is a neighbor here (across the street) that had a baby a few months after I had Tanner, they have 3 girls now and seem like such a great family. She is young, probably just a couple years older than me and I've been wanting to meet her. Maybe someday I'll get up the courage. lol. My Dh has talked to her husband before and he works for the railroad and is gone several days each week, so she is like me, home alone alot with 3 kids.
Michelle, most of those sugar free candies like that reeses are loaded with sugar alcohols (to make them more low carb) and it does upset alot of peoples stomachs. So be careful with them. They taste really good though. Have fun at the home depot!
Crystal, that bee incident shocked me! Does that happen alot in texas?? Just swarms of bees out scouring the land? I would freak out. I am not afraid of honey bees, but several of them would make me run and a swarm would probably make me pass out! lol. So glad no one got stung. My grandpa used to have hundreds of hives when I was little and I learned to not be afraid of them but I still don't have to like them ,lol. Have fun at your mom's!

Well, I guess I need to get outside and write down the info on that mower battery so I can go get a new one today. My lawn has become a jungle again!!! My back yard is mostly crab grass. I hate it so much. How do you get rid of it? Do you have to kill the whole yard off and start fresh or what? Any info on this would be appreciated. I'm sick of dandelions and weeds everywhere and no grass, lol.
What is everyone having for dinner tonight? Leigh? I'm making pasta beef satay tonight. This will be the first time I make a pasta dish with peanut butter in the sauce, but it sounds really good. Lets just hope it is because I'll be making it for my SIL too who will be here for dinner. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:58 AM   #7  
soontobethin

Good morning,
Spryng, cindi and Michelle, I had a great time chatting with all of you the other night. Dh thought I was nuts. He kept coming in to see what I was laughing about.
Yesterday, I went and helped my SIL redecorate her hair salon. It looks so good. It took forever though, and then I went to my moms house for a cookout, but we didn't eat until 9:30. Nothing much planned for today. Ds starts summer school thursday, still not sure how I am going to take that. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:23 PM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Spryng - Glad you got the recipe! Why don't you bring something over to the neighbor you want to meet - like muffins or something and that will give you a chance to talk. Actually, it's our neighbor who made the first move - I can be quite shy in certain situations, so I'm really glad she made the effort Good luck with the lawn. I'm planning on having Chicken, with some kind of potato I think for dinner- not positive yet, but will fill you in later.

Geri - the weather sounds yucky! It's rainy and overcast here today And, yes, I'm definitely "human"

Ricci - redecorating sounds like fun! Do you like doing stuff like that? I do. But then the problem is keeping it neat
Old 05-31-2004, 01:40 PM   #9  

Hi everyone!
I had totally intended on posting more yesterday, but life managed to get in the way! I've been having technical difficulties putting together my business cards, but I think I finally got it all sorted out, just need to finess it a bit. That's where all my free time went in between taking care of and playing with L&E.

Cystal, I loved your explanation of homeschooling, and I promise not to bring up the "S" word ever again, LOL! How early did you start? Any good web sites you could refer me too would be greatly appreciated as well.

I can't even imagine how scary that swarm of bees was for you all! I've never in my life seen anything like that, I mean you hear about it and know it happens, but to see it would be totally crazy. Glad nobody got stung, but I'm sure it's got you all a little more paranoid about stepping outside.

Hey Michelle, how ya doing buddy? I know what you mean about the sugar free candies, they can really do a number on your system if your not careful. I haven't re-introduced them to my body yet since I'm just starting out in phase 1, but I may not at all. I remember last year when I would eat them I could only keep a couple in the house at one time, it really triggers cravings for me so I have to be careful. I'm definately one of those people who are better off not having "a little taste" of something. That is a slippery slope for me. Sorry about your bad dream, sometimes those can stick with you all day long, try and shrug it off and have fun with the family.

Leigh it sounds like you have a lovely day planned out! happy Memorial day to you as well. It's really nice that you get along with your neighbor and have a walking buddy, the added bonus being that your children get along as well and are the same age. There aren't many kids in my neighborhood that are L&E's age, but I'm trying to network with other mommies in my area. Baby steps for me. People see me as really outgoing, but I actually get pretty nervous meeting new people. I guess I just hide it really well, and I can actually get along with almost anyone. That is my gift Steve says I'm able to find "common ground" with just about anyone. I think the problem I find is more in keeping up relationships with girlfriends, as my day is absorbed by Logan and Ethan and finding free time for myself. Oh well, something I suppose I should work on in the future.

Geri, I hope that rain lets up for you soon, what a bummer. It makes me sleepy as well, and it's hard to get motivated when ya can't even go outside. I hope you have a fun day inspite of the weather!

Spryng, I don't know what to say about your lawn! It could very well be time to start from scratch, but it's difficult to say without seeing it. I know how frustrating that can be. We just got done hiring someone to demolish and haul away our backyard. They re-graded it for us then we layed the new sod ourselves. That stuff is heavy! So we got this beautiful lawn layed out in the back, then our friend decided to finally sell us his jacuzzi that he never used. Well then we pretty much destroyed all our hard work back there by digging trenches for 220 electricity and laying a concrete pad for the hot tub to sit on. The jacuzzi is nice but the lawn is shot! ARRG

Hi Ricci! Are you sad about summer school coming? I can totally understand how that must feel. Hope you have a nice day today.

Well I'll try and join you one of these days for chat night. What time do you meet and where?

I wont be around much today as we are visiting friends and taking the boys swimming. I'll try and check in later.
-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:39 PM   #10  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Di...great timing on the lawn . I would tear up a new one to put in a jacuzzi too! It would be worth it.

Spryng, don't know about the lawn...we're getting creeping Charlie in the backyard and it's a tough one to kill too. I tried at the old house and never got rid of it. One of these days I'll ask someone at Menards or Home Depot

Dinner tonight was T-bones on the grill with twice baked potato and peas. I didn't eat much of my steak 'cause the potato really filled me up. There once was a time when I wouldn't let that bother me . Not anymore! I'm still snacking too much for my liking but at least I'm getting that exercise in every day.

Rain, rain go away! It rained almost all day today. We did get outside for a short wagon ride but Tony decided it was too much fun to not listen to Mommy and stand in the wagon and then fall out of it while it was moving . Oh well, came back home and got the stroller and finished our walk. Really wanted to stay outside but everything was too wet from the day's raining so there was no where to sit/stand or play that was dry. Supposed to rain more tomorrow then finally dry out. We shall see! Have more friends coming over Friday night for another attempt at an outdoor bbq. If this one gets washed out we're going to have to stop trying . I think that deck may be bad luck! Ricci and Spryng and anyone else near the storms last night...glad I didn't read any nasty weather stories from you today.

Ok, sorry to not have addressed everyone but this has been a boring day for us again! Hi to Michelle, Lisa, Leigh, Crystal, Melinda, Ginny...anyone I may have missed (so sorry ). I hope you all are having wonderful days!

Oh yes, since mid feb I have lost 21.5 inches total...gee, that's almost 2 feet .

OK, have a great night.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:27 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Hi all! Hope you're all having a good evening. DH watched Liam while I went to the grocery store. I also quickly stopped by Target so I could get some stuff for my walks and the videos that are coming. I wanted a sports bra and T-shirt in that "dry-wick" fabric that's supposed to keep sweat off your skin. I'm curious to try it out on my walk tomorrow. I'm thinking if this really works, people in the Southeast should have entire wardrobes of it and they'd stay cooler all summer

Spryng - I have a question about Saving Dinner. When she gives the nutritional breakdown, is she including everything that isn't optional/suggestion? For example, we're having turkey burgers tomorrow, and she has whole grain buns included as part of the meal (not a suggestion), so in the calorie breakdown, are the buyns included??

Di - I wish you luck in finding some other "mother" friends. Perhaps that would be easier for you than non-mommy friends since you'd still be able to focus on Logan and Ethan because the other mother will still be partially focused on her child/children. Like when I'm with the neighbor, I'm a bit more relaxed about Liam because she's on the completely same page - KWIM?

Geri - 21.5 inches??? That's awesome. I need to take my measurements this week so I have a starting point to see how my work outs/diet impact the inches

Well - it's a quiet night here, so hope you're all doing well and I'll check in tomorrow!
Old 05-31-2004, 11:24 PM   #12  

Hey girls!!!

I had a long day, well kinda lol. I took a nap because I was up so early because of my dream. Then hubby wanted me to read his deposition in a lawsuit that involves him. I just get so angry reading it so now I'm up fuming for awhile. So the jist of it is, there were a few people horseplaying at his work, and the woman that was there bent his fingers back and so he grabbed the back of her arm to get her to let go well she had 3 small bruises from his fingers, well she went home and told her husband who then came to the store and told the store director that he was going to kill my hubby. Well he felt bad and apologized for it and she accepted but now she's suing the company for sexual harrassment for 9 million dollars, she is also claiming that him grabbing her arm gave her Multiple Sclerosis which I think is a bunch of bs!! ARRRGGGHHH So anyway her lawyers are trying to make him out to sound like some huge pig!! I get so aggrivated. I think she is just looking to make some easy money. Ok all done venting now!!

Geri - Good to hear from you!!! I hope you get to have your bbq this weekend!! I'll do a rain dance so we get your rain !!! Now that would be funny!!

Leigh - Its great to see you are getting so ambitious about your exercise!!

Di - I would tear up my lawn for a jacuzzi too!! How did your day go OP? I did well! That was the second time I allowed myself a treat and I don't think I will go for sugar free candies again my gut was killing me today. I'll just make some oatmeal cookies or something. I didn't eat dinner cuz I craved Peanut butter today and I didn't want to add anymore fat. But I'm not hungry anyway. I'm thinking about making a stuffed pepper for dinner tomorrow.

Well I got a 2 mile walk in today so that was 73 miles for the month of May and about 1200 minutes of exercise for the month! Woo hoo!!

Spryng - How did your dinner turn out? I hope it was a good one!! How was your workout last night?

Crystal - Hope you had a great evening!!

Ok I better get off here, I've got to finish my food journal for the day.
TTYL
Michelle
Old 05-31-2004, 11:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Wow, it's been a long but nice day for me. Sorry I couldn't check in earlier, SIL was here all day and into the evening, but we had a nice visit and dinner and crochet session, lol.

Michelle, so sorry to hear about that law suit. I hope your dh doesn't lose his job over that and somehow you can prove her wrong. I hate to say this but get a nasty attourney to tear her apart and look into her past. Because there is so much money involved you have to play dirty. She should be ashamed of herself though. And my dinner was wonderful!! I loved the taste of the peanut butter and the terriyaki sauce along with the pasta and steak. It was a very unique dish but one I hope to make again sometime. I loved it and so did the kids. And my workout last night went great. I did The Firm lower body workout. Boy were my thighs and buns burning. But I actually enjoyed it. Tonight I am not going to work out though. But I promise I will again tomorrow!
Leigh, I think the buns should be included. That is how I have been interpreting it. You could always email her though just to be sure.
Geri 21 inches in awesome!!! How many sizes have you gone down since feb? I bought a measuring tape finally today! So I'll post my findings as soon as I get a chance to measure myself.
Di, I have a feeling you are right about my lawn. I think we'll just have to completely start from scratch because it is litterally ALL weeds. But that project will wait until after we add on to our house and do the rest of the stuff we need inside done first. And the chat is usually every night at 10 pm central time, here http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight we also post our recipes on that site and family pics, so check it out sometime!
Ricci, is your son excited about summer school? I guess I should be relieved Ava has another year before she starts school but I'm a little sad. Not because I want her out of the house for several hours a day, but because she is so ready for it and was so excited about it. But I know there will be the day when all my kids are in school so I should enjoy these last few years of having them all to myself.

Well, I am sooo tired tonight for some reason. Probably because TOM will be visiting any day now. So I am off to bed. Sorry I didn't go to chat tonight. Maybe tomorrow night after my workout. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:25 AM   #14  

Spryng - She isn't suing him shes suing Kroger company or Smiths food and drug for I guess it is sexual discrimination. Hubby got a write up for the horseplay so they can't fire him for it now since it happend almost 3 years ago. She is just greedy. I've known this woman for years and my father used to run the store that was bought out and she would horseplay with him. I was told by several employees there that she was calling them and trying to get them to testify on her behalf. Oh well some people will do anything for money. I figure what goes around comes around. I'm glad your dinner was a great success!! I may have to try that one sometime. I do love satays!

I tried to get in to chat but I was having problems with the website but hopefully tomorrow!
Sleep well girls!!
Michelle
Old 06-01-2004, 01:41 AM   #15  

Don't Quit

Don't Quit when the tide is the lowest,
For it's just about to turn;
Don't quit over doubts and questions,
For there's something you may learn.
Don't quit when the night is darkest,
For it's just a while 'till dawn;
Don't quit when you've run the farthest,
For the race is almost won.
Don't quit when the hill is steepest,
For your goal is almost nigh;
Don't quit, for you're not a failure
Until you fail to try.
By Jill Wolf
Don't Quit

I came across this poem tonight on someones weight loss website I thought you might enjoy it. I forgot to write down the web address though whoops!