Old 05-28-2004, 08:18 PM   #1  
soontobethin

Default Stay at home moms # 183

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:26 PM   #2  
soontobethin

Good evening everyone. I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. They are talking bad storms here on Sunday. When I got my hair highlighted, I got red and light brown put in. My hair is dark brown with ALOT of natural red in it. Maybe its called low lights. I don't know. I have good news, not pertaining to weight loss, but gas prices. We got gas here today for $1.79. That's .15 a gallon cheaper. We filled up both cars. I think it was a sale, and let me tell you, there were several very long lines.
Di, I completly understand about the boys having their own language. Mine aren't twins, but are only 22 months apart, and they used to be the only ones who understood each other. Sometimes it is still that way.
Leigh, you are so pretty. And your dh ain't too bad either. Spryng, I would look on the rice aisle for your pearl barley. I think I have actually seen it there.
Well, tonight we got our car windows tinted. That will help alot with the summer heat. Tomorrow we are taking the boys to see Shrek 2, and to do some shopping. I hope eveyone has a great evening. I was down 1# this week.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:39 PM   #3  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

Back again!

Count me in as a toner with you, Spryng and Leigh. If I start my new video any time soon, that is! I like to do those exercises because I can do them without a video and on my own...I can even break it into smaller segments if I need to. But I hope my video will give me new ideas and a little inspiration.

I am cooking burgers. It's late, I know, but better late than not at all. I might have hit onederland if I had not had so much partying this week. I am trying not to be bummed about it. I was sure I'd make it. I must really buckle down after this weekend. I am not totally blowing it, but not watching as close as I should be.

So what are the plans for the hiliday weekend for the rest of you? Nothing much here, just the same as any other weekend for us, unless something changes.

Back after dinner. I would love to make it to chat if I can stay awake, is anyone gonna be there?
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 09:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Sheee'sss BaaaAAAcccckkkk!!!!!

I had chicken for dinner again topped with mushrooms again and mashed cauliflower AGAIN lol I like those foods cuz they are easy to prepare and not too much of a mess either.

Cindi - I'll TRY to come to chat tonight but I'm in bed already lol so hopefully I can stay awake!! Congrats on your 2lb loss No plans here for the weekend just gonna hang at home! We're just home bodies lol

Ricci - My sister took Taylor to see shrek 2 last weekend and she loved it! We have our windows tinted on our car too it really is nice to have in the summer especially!

Spryng - I'm so glad you are enjoying your video!! I cant wait til I can join the toning group It will be awhile though lol I got lots of flab to lose first! Taylor would love to get outside in her pool but its still a bit on the chilly side. I'm with Leigh, that video you got looked difficult I would kill myself doing it lol.

Leigh - I hope you and DH have a great night home together. No passing notes girl I don't wanna get caught by the teacher, actually I had that happen when I was in Junior High and the teacher read it outloud eekkks My boyfriend passed me a note and said some embarrassing stuff in it. Good thing I can look back and laugh about it lol.

Well I took a nice bath with bath oil and I feel good now, tired, but good. I was gonna walk tonight but I'm just wiped out Fridays are my running around days so I think I got some exercise in I'll do a 4 mile walk tomorrow.

Ok I'm gonna go play some games. I am a club pogo member and when the kids are in bed I always play a few games (yes I'm a kid at heart) Ok I'll TTYL!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 09:45 PM   #5  
2BoysMom

Hi All,

Just a quickie from me tonight too!

Congrats to you losers Leigh, Spryng and Ricci and anyone else I may have missed! Terriffic!!

spryng, send some of your warm air up here...it was 54 today . I had lots of outside stuff to do so that's OK that it wasn't hot but it could have hit 60! Got the rest of the veggie garden planted, did some mowing, took the boys for a wagon ride...doesn't sound like much but took all day! Oh yes, and lots of laundry for my Mom.

Don't know how much I'll be around tomorrow either. Have friends coming over for a break in the deck gathering...now it's supposed to rain so we'll be looking at it from inside STUPID WI WEATHER! No official WI for me on Monday due to the holiday but if i remember I'll take my measurements and let you know how I'm doing...I have to hunt for smaller shorts in my storage room because the butt on these are pretty baggy .

Take care you all and I'll talk to you again soon!! Hi Ginny..I feel like you lately

Love ya guys
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:48 PM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Night

Well, I have had one busy day girls. And these boards have been busy for a Friday.

Di, glad to see you still around.

Michelle, glad your doc's visit went well. You are doing a great job all over. That hot bath with bath oil sounds REALLY nice, enjoy!!!

Leigh, I think the personal trainer thing isn't a bad idea if you can afford it. I think I would do half way through so by the time you reach the end you will be toned and you'll know how to continue. If I were you I would be totally pleased with those before pics. You know how you imagine how people look that you talk to, for whatever reason, I pictured you as a blonde and you couldn't have darker hair. Thought that was funny.

Spryng, glad you got grocery shopping done. I might have to do it tomorrow and Saturdays are the worst. Frozen pizza, huh? In the same sentence as you feeling at home in the kitchen, LOL!!!

Cindi, WTG for being down 2 more lbs. That is great. I don't have anything planned until Monday. We're cooking out at mom's.

Ricci, glad you got a break on the gas today. I wish we'd have some sales.

Geri, hope you have a fun weekend with friends.

Well, I cleaned mom's, went to an outlet mall got some prenatals and some plates and napkins and stuff for Ally's bday next weekend. Then dropped the girls off at MIL's, she took them to see Shrek 2. Andrew and I went to the mall to get Ally's bday gift, return my new clothes and go ahead and get some maternity. I got rid of ALL of my one size bigger clothes. So the ones I've got fit me now but won't in about a month so instead of buying bigger clothes that I would eventually not fit in, I got some really cute maternity clothes. Anyway, after taking all three kids to the mall a few weeks ago and today only having Andrew, the three were so much easier. He was a pain. Then visited my parents for a bit and then came home. Had left over beef fajitas for dinner. Did y'all know that Sonic has salads now??? I've been waiting for this and they've got them, I was SOOOO excited. I had the grilled chicken salad today and it was SOOOO good. Perfect size and everything. That with a Vanilla Diet Coke and I was full and had few calories. I was proud of me. I think tomorrow I've got to get caught up on laundry. I'm not going to do any heavy cleaning until next week because next weekend is Ally's bday party. So maybe I can go grocery shopping too. Man o man, tonight, when the kids came back from the movies, Ally was SOOOO cranky and wanted me to hold her, which made Andrew cranky. I was giving the girls a bath, Andrew had already had one, when dh and his friend came in and were hungry. There were like a thousand things going on at once and I was losing it. Dh and friend left for a while tonight, kids are in bed, I've done this posting, I think I'm gonna sit back and watch tv. Maybe rent a pay per view movie. I hope you all have a great night and a good tomorrow.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:05 PM   #7  

Good gravy, I go to Costco for a couple of hours and I miss a whole novel of information from you ladies! LOL

I'll say a quick goodnight and try and keep up with you all tomorrow. Leigh I did get to peek at your pics and you look fabulous! I know what it's like to stop feeling attractive, it's difficult to get over that misconception, especially after your body changes after pregancy. It's something I'm constantly dealing with, even though my husband see's me in a completely different light than I do.

Spryng, about Yoga, I actually kind of fell into teaching it, right now just a couple hours a week. I have been doing it off and on for several years, basic Hatha and some Vinyassa. My teacher moved out of the area and suggested I take over the class. It's something I had planned on doing, in like a year or so, when I had lost that last bit of weight, but definately not this year. She basically talked me into it and helped me get certified in a hurry. The thing about Yoga is there are many different "styles" kind of like martial arts. It's all about finding the right teacher and finding a style that suites you. There actually isn't much sitting involved in the style I teach (vinyassa) we do a lot of sun salutations and pose flows, so we are up and down, moving a lot. Any pose (asana) can be modified so you can be comfortable doing it and not injure yourself. It actually quite a work out and should really help me burn off this last bit of fat around my belly! Feel free to pick my brain about it whenever you have a question, I just love it.

I'm very proud of myself, I AM very motivated about SBeach. Steve (hubby) had pizza for dinner and I had a huge salad with grilled salmon. Yum I wasn't even tempted by the pizza. I got some great things to eat at Costco, lots of good meats etc...

Well I'm off to play some video games with Steve, like Michelle, I'm a kid at heart most of the time too.

I'll check in tomorrow, pleasant dreams ladies,
-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

good evening ladies, its late, and I guess I missed two Michelle, and Crystal in the chat---had you in another window, and it never chimed atme, or blinked, or anything to let me know there was activity over there....lesson learned! Oh well.

I'm home alone tonight, hubby went camping with some of the boys from church he teaches. He'll be home in the morning. I'm not sure what we'll do for the rest of the weekend. I wan't to watch the PBS special "Letters from Home"...It will be a tear jerker for me ( and most likely Hubby ...even that new country song about soldiers putting their letters in their pockets and getting back to work breaks him down.) Hubby had a meltdown last memorial day, so I'm not quite sure how to handle it this year. I've tried to suggest he get involved with the VFW or something, and get active, but you know, he's only 33, and I don't think he's ready to socialize with 80 year olds he's not related too...but I can't really think of another organization that participates in the stuff that he gets so upset that nobody does anymore! I wish my flowers were in bloom, we live half a block from a cemetery that has soldiers buried as far back as the civil war, I would love to go put flowers on those old graves, but I can't afford to go buy any, so maybe a goal for next year. There's a volunteer group that cares for the grounds, maybe we should try to get in with them...of course there's the little matter of the snake I saw over there one day...I get creeped everytime I go by now.

Bad day food wise, started out just fine, but ended up with 5 pieces of pizza...andnot even full. BAD!

well, I'm off to go work on a surprise anniversary gift/project...talk to you all later, have a great saturday. I doubt I'll be back till Tuesday, so I'll just look for SAHM 234 or something....lol

Laters, Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 07:18 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Good Morning Gals.
I hope everyone had a great night. Mine was okay, Andrew woke up pretty much right when I went to bed and we slept the whole night on the couch. He's really making that a habit, but I can tell when we sleep on the couch he breathes better, I guess it's because he's more propped up or something. I'm getting really tired of it though.
I woke up hungry again, I think I went to bed hungry too. LOL Well, I may have to go buy groceries today. If I go today I'll have to take ALL the kids and it will be crowded, if I wait until tomorrow maybe dh can watch them, but that's just a guess and I really am out of everything.
Well girls, I hope you have a full and fun SAturday. I'll check in later.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:54 AM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Default Happy Saturday :)

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a good rest last night. We didn't - Liam was very restless all night, so he kept waking us up. Hopefully, tonight will be better.

Ricci - so are there storms there today then? Hope they won't be too bad. I know Tornado season has really been in full swing lately. Thank you for the compliments

Cindi - okay, we can all be work out motivators then!

Michelle - I don't think I ever had a note read aloud by a teacher, but that would have mortified me! I love taking baths - even if it's just 15 minutes it totally relaxes me.

Geri - I'm so glad your shorts are too big!!! I can't wait to see your measurements. Hope you get a few rays of sunshine here and there.

Crystal - that's soooo funny that you pictured me blonde!!!! I picture you blonde as well - am I correct? You have been one busy woman. How far away is the mall from you? Hope you were able to unwind a bit last night before bed. Did your doctor give you any specific advice about weight gain during pregnancy? I'm curious because I think about that a lot in terms of if we have another baby later on.

Di - Hi! I'm glad you satyed OP and weren't even tempted by the pizza. You should be proud of yourself, so bask in that feeling!

Lisa - Stay at home moms #234 That's funny! Well, don't get too down on yourself over the pizza - we all have our weak days. Just focus on starting anew today. Your idea about volunteering over at the cemetary sounds like a nice one. Let us know if you eventually decide to do it.

Plans for today: Get my Circle journal done and out in the mail - it's this little scrapbook that a group of seven other women and I do one layout and then send it to the next person for them to do a layout, etc. And then we're going to a BBQ tonight, but I've saved a bunch of flexpoints for that, so I should be okay. I'll check in later . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:26 AM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Hi Leigh, NO I am not blonde. Very brunette. My doc and I didn't talk much about that yet. As a matter of fact, I forgot to ask him alot of questions, but I think since this is my 4th, he thinks I know about what I need to do or not do. When I go back, though, I do want to talk to him about it alittle more.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:54 AM   #12  
SAHM of 3

I had to share something with y'all. I have prayed for twins since I started having babies. And after I had Andrew, the midwife said I had twin placentas which means there had to have been another one. Now I never bled or anything to show a miscarriage, but she said if there are twin placentas that is what it means. So I thought well, there were my twins and obviously it wasn't meant to be. As soon as I found out I was pregnant this time, I immediately started praying that it was twins. Then I got to thinking, my positive tests were very very visible, the more visible usually means the farther along you are, although the doc wasn't able to find anything. So I thought, what if it's twins, the embryo(s) would be so small you wouldn't be able to see, but yet the tests were very visible, maybe it's twins. So I shared this info with my sister and she said the other day her dh said I'm having twins, out of the clear blue. You have to know him, he's one of those that can tell you what you're having and you do. It's kind of scary how he can be so exact, but he usually is. I thought that was neat, my thoughts and then his. Maybe, maybe, maybe. I guess we'll see. I just wanted to share this info with yall. And btw, dh DOES NOT want twins. He thinks he'll go crazy. LOL
Old 05-29-2004, 10:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Lisa!!! You wascaly wabbit!!! Darn, about chat, maybe tonight if we're feeling up to it! I loved your comment about thread 234!! It gave me a great laugh!

Leigh - Ohhhhh a BBQ!!! I'm soo jealous I love BBQ!! But until I can find a good low sugar sauce I'm staying away. Hmmm maybe I should get inventive and try and make my own lol.

Crystal - Holy cow!!! You were certainly busy yesterday!! I'm glad you made it through the day lol. Its funny about the whole weight thing during pregnancy, with Taylor I gained about 70 lbs and with Teagan only 10 but I was eating better with Teagan, except when I got a snickers craving lol. Those snickers cravings are a pregnancy staple in my family all of the women had to have them!

Geri - Awesome on the shorts!!!! Keep up the good work!!! I hope you have a great weekend!

Well I better go get the day started! I'll be back later girls!!
TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Sorry I didn't post last night. The kids got in bed late and then I stayed up to watch a tv show, so by the time it was over I was sooo tired, so I went straight to bed. So now I am far behind! lol. Give me a sec to catch up.

Crystal, everyone thought I was having twins while pregnant with Tanner. I was in maternity clothes at just 8 weeks and had quite a pregnant belly. My midwife couldn't believe I was showing so soon and looked like I was 5 months pregnant and when she measured my uterus it measured at 12 weeks along and not 8, so she said either my uterus just gets big fast or I was having twins. I about died at the thought of it. So we went for an ultrasound and there was just one baby. Thank goodness. Did your doc measure your usterus while examining you? After all that talk about not wanting a 4th baby now you want twins??? That will make 5 kids!!! But I guess you'll know for sure in June. I guess if it is twins you'll definitely have to build your house right away. I do love twins though. I wish Ava and Bubba would have been twins, they act like they are now. lol. Then they could have started school together. oh and about the frozen pizza, lol, I do feel like a good cook now but even a great chef needs frozen pizza every now and then! lol. (it was really good too!, lol)
Leigh, I hope you enjoy your bbq tonight! Sounds like fun!
Lisa, I hope today is a better food day for you. And I hope your DH can find something to do for memorial day. I think it is great that he feels so strongly about it. Says alot about him.
Di, I may just have to get me a yoga dvd to supplement my toning workout now. You have me intrigued. And congrats on passing up that pizza!
Geri I hope it is warmer there for you today! And enjoy your get together today! Sounds so nice.
Cindi, what video did you get again? And I have no plans for this weekend or monday. I am a home body too and don't do holidays really.
Ricci, gas prices were down here too yesterday!! They were 2.07 and now they are down to 1.93!!! I was excited to see that too. I hope it continues to go down. And you'll have to let us know how you liked Shrek 2, I hope we can take the kids next weekend.

Well, I'm debating on what to do today. The in-laws have invited me over to swim in their pool (the above ground one I helped put up last weekend) but I'm not sure. I want to take the kids swimming but I don't want to deal with dinner over there. I'm out of flexpoints and I have everything for 6 meals this week so I should eat at home. They have nothing there that will remotely fit into my pts unless I save all my pts for thier dinner, but if I take my own food they will be offended. So like I said, I'm debating it in my head.
Anyway, I need to get off here and get dressed. Hope everyone has a great saturday!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 11:17 AM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Crystal - that's really neat about all the signs that it might be twins! I wonder how soon they'd be able to tell you for sure?

Spryng - I'm certainly no expert, but I noticed Leslie Sansone has a You Can Do Yoga tape (I think) that I saw on collage video. You may want to check out the review as something that may be good intro to yoga. Hmm - maybe you can eat before you go to the in-laws and say you're full? I'm not sure if that would work well or not.

Michelle - I have a friend who became a Snickers fanatic while pregnant. She even wanted Snickers bar ice cream I have to admit, though not a huge craving for me while pregnant, Snickers tasted gourmet to me . . . just like Arby's did. I mean Arby'as is fine, but while pregnant I could have eaten it for every meal and it tasted like some delicacy to me! Weird.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote