Old 05-26-2004, 09:54 PM   #1  

Default senior buddy needed

After having success losing weight by dieting and using this website I've lost my way and gained 50lbs back. I need buddies who are near my age 61 who are involved with the same struggle for support. I want to get back on track and feel successful again. I have the size 10 jeans hanging in the closet waiting for my return. Soready
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 11:25 AM   #2  
RAR

HI! glad that you have found this site and even senior persons post here I am (57) and have posted here and met a lot of great people like you I need a lot of motivation to get me started and when I do I dont keep it up so any time you want to e mail me feel free and maybe we can help each other hope you will get into your jeans and with this site and the great people you will !!!!!!!! Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:08 PM   #3  

HI rITA, tHANKS FOR THE REPLY. I'd be happy to have you have you as a buddy. So where do we begin. I start each day with the greatest of intentions but by night time I've blown it. I seem to find my way to the kitchen in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and I must say I'm not too selective as to what I eat. Of course I beat myself up mentally all the next day. A vicious cycle really. Bernice
Old 05-28-2004, 02:32 PM   #4  
RAR

HI! well you sound like me!!!!!!!!! I really have good intentions but never follow thru I work nites soI usually dont eat much thru the day but at nite I make up for it I love sweets I keep telling myself I am not going to eat anything sweet but always looking to find something I am at 150 and I really need to loose as it took me a year to loose16 lbsso as you can see I dont have will power I know if I lost at least 10 pounds it would help my knees and improve my cholestrol so maybe I could get off the pill so maybe you can get me motivated well have a great weekend !!!!!!!!!!! Rita
Old 05-31-2004, 10:06 PM   #5  

Well this holiday week-end didn't help my diet as I hosted a barbeque and served lots of fun things to eat that would be healthy if eaten in moderation but did I follow my advice to myself. A resounding NO. I tell myself I will start tomorrow and get serious. Even my little dog seems to have porked up. Maybe I will take her for a walk after all we would both benefit. Rita, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of our lives so lets take control tomorrow, get on the (gasp) scale and get started and see how much each of us can lose in a week? Are you up to the challenge? Bernice
Old 06-02-2004, 01:17 PM   #6  
RAR

Bernice yes I am in for a challange!!!!!!!! will try anything worked all weekend and did my share of eating!!!!! got on the scales last night at work and back up to 154 was down to 150 and that took me a long time to loose 10 pounds well I have 2 small dogs that are pudgyalso and I guess if I would get myself motivated to take them for a walk that is a start it is just that my feet are killing me right nowsee I am finding excuses allready so lets set some kind of a goal for a week and see if we can stick with it are you game? and let s keep in touch as by mid week you will be kicking me in the but to keep it upLOL but that is what I really need so how about it? Rita
Old 06-02-2004, 07:17 PM   #7  

OK but I blew it already. Have to start over tomorrow. Bernice
Old 06-03-2004, 01:43 PM   #8  
RAR

well this makes me also have to start as over did my share of choclate chip cookies last night at work was streesd out so ate ate ate so what is your intention this week mine is to start by drinking lots of water at work maybe that will fill me up and I wont have to go to the vending machinewill let you know how it works as for exercising will have to wait a couple of days as I really got a good work out when I had to work a different floor as the floor I work is more confined which is better for me as I really have bad knee and feet (a sign of old age approaching))))))) so will have to wait a couple of days to heal LOL well whatever you plan today stick with it and hope it is a success Rita
Old 06-03-2004, 10:47 PM   #9  

Left you a message on your e-mail. Hope you get it. Bernice
Old 06-06-2004, 07:29 AM   #10  
RAR

HI! didnt get your e mail so try again I will look for it could of deleted it not thinking who you were hope you are having a good weekend andhaving success with your diet am working so really havent done anything but drink more water!!!!!!! and eating sweetsugh!!!!!!!!! Rita
Old 06-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #11  
RAR

HI! Bernice just wanted to let you know that I didnt get your e mail so try again I hope your week ig going better then mine really had good thoughts but havent stuck to them not even drinking water now tht is pretty bad so friend help me!!!!!!!!!!!! I need all the motivation I can get even when it comes to cleaning my houselol have a good day Rita
Old 06-09-2004, 09:11 PM   #12  

Rita, my e-mail addy is not accepted by the website so I don't know how to get to you. The addy you gave me keeps being returned. I did ok today and yesterday. Going to the MD tomorrow cause I think my blood pressure is out of wack. I've lost 4 lbs just have another 50(gasp) to go. Hope your day was good and you have kept on program. Just what kind of diet are you following. For me it's eating less,cutting down carbs and some exercise. It was 90 and humid today so I didn't go for a walk. Hope to hear from you soon. Bernice
Old 06-10-2004, 09:54 AM   #13  
RAR

HI! bernice look on your personal message see if you get what I sent you well hope things turn out ok for you when you go to the drI never had that problem mine is high cholestrol that is the reason that I want to get down to 140 you must of gave me those 4 lbs as I am creeping up to 153 ugh!!!!!!!! like you been trying to watch what I eat but I love sweets do try to walk some but my jobs require me to be on my feet most of the time and at the end of my shift I can barely walk besidesbad kneesnd feet doesnt help been hot here also did get somerain last night so didnt have to water my plants well kiddo have a great day Rita
Old 06-12-2004, 10:49 PM   #14  

Hi Rita, got the message but it won't let me put in a addy because I haven't posted 50 times.
try doing the yahoo thing with kashapuppy as the first word. Hopefully I'll hear from you. Sorry about the 4 lbs. My Dr changed my medication and is doing tests. Believe it or not the med change has made a difference. Don't feel like I'm walking into walls or my head is exploding. What kind of work do you do? Bernice
Old 06-13-2004, 07:48 AM   #15  
RAR

HI! Bernice will try what you told me and see what happens glad that you are feeling better with the med change especially since you feel human again !!!!!!it is my fault that I am gaining back what I lost !!!!!!!!!just got to stick with it and say noooooooo I work at a hospital and nursing home as a aidewell have a great sunday have you got back to youe walking yet since you are feeling better? Rita