Old 05-27-2004, 02:39 PM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay at home moms #182

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:55 PM   #2  
Walking away the weight

Default Hi!

Hi, everyone - don't forget to read some of the posts at the end of the last thread you might have missed

Well, Liam and I had a busy, busy day. After walking our three miles, we went to Target where I ended up spending 3 trillion dollars, as always Target! Every time I go in for just a few things I end up with the whole store in my cart. Liam was very good the whole time These are the days when I think I could have more than one And I'm staying OP - tomorrow is my WI day and I'm excited.

Spryng - ooooohhh! TOrnados completely freak me out. I'd be sooo scared! So where would ya'll go if you needed shelter - into the bathroom? Yes, I got my first menu mailer, which I'll use for next week. But DH is out of town tonight, so I'm having a Smart Ones Dinner. I like that because then I don't have to figure out the points Your dinner plans sound yummy! Maybe 130 is your set point. I remember my set point used to be 135 - I used to hover between 132 and 135 all the time. Either way, I think exercise is good even if your maintaining. Your home pre=scool sounds like a good idea!

Ricci - Hey, I heard about that woman on Regis and Kelly. Can you imagine 15 children??? I'd be so wiped out. Or maybe not because the older kids would help with the younger ones, right?

Geri - how did the shopping go?

Michelle- Good luck with the doctor -I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Lisa - I'm with you on the Tornados - hate them!

Okay, I'm off to get some household stuff done - like washing all of Liam's current toys.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:31 PM   #3  
SAHM of 3

okay girls, I'm back from the doc. This will be short because I've GOT to get in a nap. I liked the doc and the assistant and the receptionists. They were all VERY nice. He did the whole sono thing and such. It's too early to tell anything. He couldn't even tell me how far along I am. They took blood and said in a day or so he'll call me with some approximate due date and as to how far along I am. I'm still guessing 4 weeks. Anyways, everything went fine. About a 45 minute trip over there. Well, I'll respond to all of your posts after my nap.
I'm making fajitas and if I have time, baking a cake.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 03:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

Man I am just tired today for some reason, I slept good last night too. Oh well lol.

Leigh - I know exactly what you mean I always end up with the store in my cart too and half the crap I end up buying I don't even need!! lol I'm such an impulse buyer. Thanks for the happy thoughts

Spryng - Ahh ok I understand on the basements. I had a friend who lived in Oklahoma and he said they don't have basements there because of clay or something like that. I'm gonna live in our basement this summer, it will be nice and cool!! Actually we're gonna be remodeling the basement so I can't darn it!! lol I think your home preschooling sounds fun! I may do something like that with Taylor I did get an email from Penny she is just really busy right now and hopes she can come back soon!

Lisa - I hope you got some gardening in!!

Crystal - Glad you liked the doctor. Can't wait to hear more.

Well I'm gonna try and catch a few zzzz's before the girls get up from nap. Have a great day girls!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:23 PM   #5  
SAHM of 3

okay I didn't get a nap because as soon as I was gonna lay down, Andrew decided that he wasn't. He has only had like a 20 o 30 minute nap all day after getting up at 615 this morning and not sleeping well last night. You'd think he'd sleep good tonight, but don't count on it.
Btw, the doc weighed me in at 200 lbs. with jeans and shoes and shirt. The assistant said there was no way I weighed that, didn't look it.
Spryng, sorry about the night and the tornadoes. Tornadoes scare me now since I've had kids and only when dh isn't home.
Michelle, you're probably tired from all the exercise you put in.
Leigh, hope you're doing okay today.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:39 PM   #6  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Here I am!!

I have two boys with birthdays this week, so it's been crazy.

Crystal, Glad to see your excitement growing!!

I can't even remember at the moment what I have read, so I will just say...

I love you all and I hope you are all having a great week.

Back later, DH is putting a trampoline together and needs help
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:41 PM   #7  
Walking away the weight

Crystal, I'm so happy that you liked your doctor. I hope you get a good nap in

Michelle - Hope you got a good nap in, too! Take care of yourself - both of you

I'm about to eat my Smart Ones dinner while Liam is occupied by Baby Einstein.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good Evening all!

Well I just have to say that dinner tonight was wonderful!!! Which is good because the past two nights weren't so good and had me doubting the Saving Dinner recipes for a minute there. But all faith is restored! LOL. The mediterranean fish was really good and hit the spot. I steamed baby carrots and broccoli for a side along with baked sweet potatoes. Mmmmm....

Cindi, have fun planning those b-day parties! I'm sure you are super busy!
Michelle, so glad you heard from Penny. I was worried about her. Hope you got your nap in!
Crystal, so glad your appointment went well. And yes, I guess an ultrasound would be a little too early. I don't think the heart beat has even begun yet so all you can see is a sac. When do you go back?
Leigh, sounds like you had fun at Target! I love to shop like that too, but I've cut WAY back lately. And there is no where to go if we are under Tornado warning here, that is why I get so scared. We don't have an interior room that doesn't have windows. Even our bathroom has a window. I guess we could go in Ava's closet but it's on an outside wall which is not safe either. So we are just up a creek if one ever hit us.

Well I told Ava she wouldn't be starting pre-school this year but told her all about setting up a computer in the living room for her and Bubba to learn on and she got excited about that. But then she asked me that when she is 5 can she go to a "real" school, lol. I said yes, but she'll be almost 6. I hate that schools still do that to kids because their b-days are after sept 1. She is just as smart (if not smarter) than every other 5 year old that will start this fall. I just wish they would test her. But I guess one more year won't kill her.
Anyway... guess I'll get off here and find something to do. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 06:55 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies! I'm just starting to test the waters here and have officially started the SBD and was looking for support. I would love to hang out with you all, of course if you'll have me!

A little background on me:
I've had Hashimoto's thyroid for almost 10 years now, and that's where my weight battle began. I have been regulated on meds for a long time, still the battle continues in the weight area.

About 3 years ago I had great success with Atkins, I was at a high point of almost 190 lbs on my 5'7" frame, I carried it well, but felt horrible. Atkins helped me lose over 30lbs wonderfully. Shorly after I became pregnant with twins and gained a whopping 70 lbs! All worth it and I lost most of it within the first 9 months. My boys will be two in July, and I still can't shed the last 25 lbs.

Since having the boys, I'm a SAHM and loving it. I just recently started teaching Yoga in my home town twice a week, gets me out of the house and makes me move my body.

I've decided to switch to SBD because I want to have good carbs in my life and I'm tired of yo-yoing with the same bit of weight. I'm hoping this is the answer for me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and I'll be asking lots of silly questions if you don't mind. I'm going out tonight to buy the book, I had it ordered on Amazon, but it was taking forever. I know just enough to be dangerous right now! LOL

-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:07 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Hi, Spryng! Eeek! I would be freaked out about not having an interior place to go. I think, in the whole scheme of things, the one year won't make a huge difference - later on, I mean, but I can see where she'd feel kind of disappointed Glad dinner was good. Since DH is out of town so much, I really only need to plan 4 meals a week
Old 05-27-2004, 07:12 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Hi, Di! Welcome Sounds like your in tyhe same boat as many of us here, and I think you'll find the group as supportive as I do - they're wonderful for me on my weight-loss journey.

I'm Leigh, a SAHM mom to our 6-month-old son, Liam. I've been married for two years to my DH, Jonathan. Your twins look adorable!

I look forward to getting to know you
Old 05-27-2004, 07:34 PM   #12  

Hey Di - Great to have another thyroid momma here I actually started hyperthyroid, which made me still gain weight then I had a goiter removed along with part of my thyroid in December and then I got put on meds 2 months ago cuz I was putting on at least 10 lbs a month!! So I totally understand the thyroid woes I just had my levels rechecked yesterday and doc should be calling me tomorrow. I'm Michelle mom to 2 yo Taylor Marie and 7 month old Teagan Kinsey. You'll find tons of support here!! Oh I'm also doing the SBD!! We had another who was doing it but shes taking a break from the boards We can buddy up if you like

Spryng - I'm soo glad that your dinner was better tonight!! I was beginning to doubt the dinner book for you Well I'm having mashed cauliflower and lean pork sirloin for dinner yummm!! That is just soo cute that ava is excited to go to school!! I love when I see a child who is really eager to learn!! Are we on for chat tonight?

Leigh - I never did get a nap in oh well I'll just sleep better tonight! lol I hope your smartones dinner was good You are more than welcome to stop by my house and have some pork and mashed cauliflower

Crystal - So sorry you didnt get a nap in either!! Us poor tired mamas!! lol Hang in there!!

Well I hope I didn't miss anyone but I need to go finish my supper! I'm sure I'll post again soon
TTYL
Michelle
Old 05-27-2004, 08:23 PM   #13  

Leigh and Michelle, thanks so much for the open arms and warm welcome!

Michelle, what I find most frustrating about thyroid stuff is all the blood work can come back as "normal" and I know my body isn't feeling right at times. Oh well, it could be much worse, so I'm willing to deal with it.

I'd love to buddy up in regards to SBD, you've done a fantastic job so far so any advise you can throw my way will be welcome. I plan on reading the book by the end of the weekend, I'm a fast reader, so I'm sure I'll have a couple of questions for you by then.

One question for all you SAHM's, you all really nap??? LOL I'm so freakin excited when the boys go down for their nap to have a moment to myself there's no way I could sleep! I must be a freak of nature or something. It sure would help me if I could, maybe that should be one of my goals as well.
-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:33 PM   #14  

Di- Great!! So wonderful to hear!! I know what you mean about the blood work coming back normal!! It is very frustrating!! I'm anxious to hear about my tests tomorrow because I know that something is going on because I have started to get really tired again and I hate it!!

RE Naps: LOL we don't always get a chance to nap but if I got up really early one day or am just tired I'll take a nap with the kids I find that if I do get a nap I wake up refreshed and I don't get crabby which is a bonus for the whole family since I'm well known for my irritability My hubby just said the other day that I suffer from PMS 3 out of 4 weeks every month so I only have one good week lol!! MEN!!! AS IF!!

Ok I'm off to do a 2 mile watp dvd!! I'll post afterwards then I think I'm gonna go to bed but I'll have my laptop so Spryng if you decide you want to chat tonight I'll check the website at 9pm my time to see if you are there

Di if you would like to join in the chat go to www.groups.msn.com/momslosingweight and join our group and go to chat. It will be at 8pm your time
Anyone else care to join?

Ok I'm gonna walk! see you all later
Michelle
Old 05-27-2004, 08:45 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Michelle - sorry you didn't get a nap in Maybe tomorrow!

Di - I'm with you on the nap thing. Liam gives me so little "me" time that the few hours he naps, i'm getting housework, etc. done

OMG!!! I just saw an ad for new Ben and Jerry's ice creams: one is low carb, one is no sugar added, and then there's another it looks like??? Ohhhh, a girl can dream! I may have to track down some no sugar added Ben and Jerry's (for more info, go to http://www.benandjerrys.com/our_products/ under "pint flavors" pull down the menu and scroll down to Carb Karma flavors, Low Fat flavors, Light flavors, and No Sugar Added).

Well, I'm about to take the dog out one last time tonight then have my 2 point dessert

Last edited by Loveliam; 05-27-2004 at 08:51 PM.