Old 05-25-2004, 06:03 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #180

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:12 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Wow, we made it through that last post in like half a day. That's great.
Oh no, it's already starting, I don't want my coffee... When I'm pregnant, the first trimester, coffee smells and tastes awful.
I didn't sleep well last night. Actually Andrew slept great, but I tossed and turned ALL night long. I never do that. I guess my mind was elsewhere. I'm gonna call this Women's Diagnostic Center today, they have an office here in Terrell but yet I can have the baby in Kaufman. I don't like the Terrell hospital. Maybe I can get in soon. I do but I don't feel pregnant, does that make sense? I haven't told my mom, she has lost excitement in all these latter ones. She just says, "Oh I'm gonna have 12 grankids", with sadness in her voice. I don't really want to tell her.

Geri, those boys are too cute. Is Will a big 3 yo? He looks like a big boy, of course, my Ally, almost 3 is tiny. Thanx for the congrats. My dh has said since Andrew he'd go get the snip, now he really thinks he might.

Melinda, thanx for the congrats. You only have one, so I can imagine how nice another one sounds. I really, really thought I was finished. But that's okay, the bible says they are blessings, and how dare I complain about being blessed. I am happy.

Ginny, thanks for the congrats. And the encouragement. I don't have any vitamins. I'm waiting to get reassured through a doc. I don't like doctors but maybe I'll find one that I like well enough, huh?

Michelle, Lisa, Leigh, Spryng, Katie, Cindi, and anyone I missed out there...HI!!!

I think I'm staying home today, if I can get an appointment at the last minute I'll go do that, but if not, I'll be home and maybe swim a little. TTYL
Old 05-25-2004, 08:05 AM   #3  
Walking away the weight

Default Atlanta Sunrise

Good morning gals I slept well last night and am now waiting for our morning walk at 9:30am. We decided to start going earlier now that it's getting hot, hot, hot. I love summer, though - most people think I'm insane but I love hot weather. You can take the girl out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the girl

Oh, I've decided to count my walks as a mix of 30min moderate, 30 min light - just to be on the safe side. I don't want to have too many points and then impact my weight loss. I'm hoping that, by June 11th, I've lost 10lbs - MIL, FIL, BIL, and BIL's girlfriend are all coming to visit us that weekend

Melinda - I'm so glad your on the road to recovery That's wonderful to hear. Yes, it's super difficult in places like Charleston or Atlanta where food is so central to everyone's social life. That's why I'm doing my best to save my flexpoints for weekends.

Crystal - I don't think the home tests areever wrong if it's positive. In other words, it can sometimes incorrectly give a negative result, but not incorectly give a positive. At least, that's what I was told when I first found out I was pregnant. Then again, I also took the test FOUR times because I couldn't quite believe it!! Hope you get into the doctor soon.

Geri - CONGRATS on the TWO POUNDS!!!! ohhhhh! What cutie pies those boys are! Adorable

Ginny - hope you got some rest.

I think I may order some stuff from Ikea for my big home reorganization project. Just wish it would arrive sooner than a week - I could be organizing in that time. Then again, I figure having it delivered is much easier than attempting to take Liam along and having to uinload all the stuff myself with him.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:13 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Leigh, you're right. That's what my midwife always said. It can tell you a negative if you are, but can't tell you a positive if you aren't. It has to detect that horomone and the only way it can, is if you have the horomone. It's just I tried so hard for so long to get pregnant the first two times and took test after test after test in hopes. But when I've been pregnant, they've been right. I think I'm only about 4-5 weeks right now and it should be another week or so, before I start really having obvious symptons.
Anyway, glad you slept good and hope you enjoy your walk. You know I used to prefer the winter but now with kids I prefer the summer, always.
TTYL
Old 05-25-2004, 08:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!

Leigh - Your home organization sounds like quite the project I would really love to see some pictures. Hows Liam doing?

Crystal - Have you told your other children about the new baby? Were they excited? Sorry you aren't liking your coffee as well this morning. I never drank any caffeine when I was pregnant only once with Teagan cuz the doc wanted me to because she wasn't moving even after eating sugar. Even if you want to wait to see what a doctor says, I think you should get some prenates from the store they do sell the generic over the counter type it will be good for both of you.

Melinda - We have been chatting at 10 pm central time on weekdays, please join us if you would like to

Geri - Those pictures are soo adorable and I just looovveee Tony's curls. How you feeling today?

Cindi - I really hope you are feeling better today!

I better get off my duff and get movin! I'll post again in a bit!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:03 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Michelle, Alisa is the only one that understands and she is so excited. She wants another girl. But let me tell, girls can be pains in the tooshie, I enjoy having boys. Besides, Andrew is the baby, I'd like to have a boy for his sake. Anyway, yes she is very excited.
I will get prenates, I always just use Walmart brand. I won't go back to town until Friday, probably, I'll wait until then. I shouldn't drink caffiene, but I did with the others. I'll probably slow down from it. The midwife wasn't too picky, I'm afraid the doc will be. I gained 40-50 lbs. with all my pregnancies and I don't think the doc will go for that either.
Anyway, sure glad you're feeling better. I gotta go start breakfast.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:35 AM   #7  
soontobethin

Good morning.
Crystal, congratulations. I too really like your attitude about this pregnancy. Geri, your boys are adorable. Melinda, glad to hear your feeling better. Penny, we will miss you. Hi, Spryng, cindi, ginny, jessie, leigh and anyone else I may have missed.
Those of you who have had trouble witht the wal mart photographers, sorry. I have never had trouble, the pictures are always good, and they always give me the advertised price for both boys together. I haven't been sleeping well lately. Youngest ds keeps waking up, from nightmares. I am getting ready to go do my pilates. I haven't done them in a while, and it seems like a good idea to be able to lay down and work out. I hope everyone has a good day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Michelle, how are you today? Enjoyed chatting with you last night! Hope to do it again soon!
Leigh, have fun on your walk! I love spring, but I do prefer summer over winter anyday. The kids are cooped up inside all winter and at least can let out some of that energy all summer. Plus I love to swim and such so Im looking forward to everything this summer. What did you buy from Ikea? What are you having for dinner tonight?
Crystal, I can understand why is was hard for you to sleep last night. I did that ALOT when I was pregnant. My head would just get so full of thoughts about the baby... everything that needed to be done, etc that is made it hard to fall asleep. Do you go early with your pregnancies? I just found out my cousin is 7 1/2 weeks pregnant yesterday too. About a year ago she lost her baby at 20 weeks due to a very rare disease the baby had... it was so horrible on her. Well now she is expecting again. So maybe it's just that time of year! lol. My MIL wouldn't get excited if I was pregnant either. They tell me all the time they don't want any more grandkids. (they have 5 total) I don't know why people think that way.
Ginny, so glad you were able to post last night! is your computer getting better? or are you ready for me to send over the sledgehammer! lol.
Geri, congrats on those 2#'s!!!! It's even more sweet when you didn't expect a loss at all huh?? You are doing great! And I loved those pictures! Came out great.
Melinda, when does your dh want another baby? Did you want them close in age? I just love that my two oldest are 11 months apart. They are very close because of it, but even with Tanner being 2 1/2 years younger than my ds and 3 1/2 years younger than Ava they still play with him and include him in everything. Every time they head to the bedroom to play my dd will call Tanner and he will stop whatever he was doing and walk himself to their room laughing all the way! Yes he mostly walks now... only crawls if he falls or is really tired. It's so cute. Are you not on the pill? I was just skimming the other thread and saw you said you get ovarian cysts when your not on the pill. How did you "feel" it coming on if you don't mind me asking. Was it a pain in your side or something? Mirena has a side effect of causing cysts so I'm trying to be very intune with my body now. I sure don't want to get them many times a year that is for sure. I'll have mirena removed if I get many more. It's just too painful and keeps me down for 3-4 days.

Well I have a little bit of stuff planned for today. I'm going to work in my "zone" for 15 min sometime today. It's the master bedroom this week. I have one load of laundry to wash. Then at 4 pm I am going to go pick up Teresa's kids and bring them here so the boys can mow my lawn and then I'll make dinner for everyone. She has 4 kids and they are so well behaved. But they are older (10 years old thru 15) and I love having them over. I'm making Succotash Soup and Turkey Wraps for dinner. What is everyone else having?
OK, guess I will get off here. TTYL!

Last edited by spryng; 05-25-2004 at 09:44 AM.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Geri!!! So sorry I forgot to congratulate you on your 2 lb loss!! Way to go girl!! Keep it up!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:04 AM   #10  

hey you all... did you hear about his new marketing thing from mcdonalds?? Check it out, very interesting! http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...o_serve_dvds_1
I would definitely rent them there! lol
Old 05-25-2004, 10:11 AM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Geri, congrats on the 2 lb. loss.

Spryng, this will make 12 g-kids for my mom between only me and my sister. Congrats to your cousin. Hope this one is better for her. No my pregnancies, let's see...Alisa was 4 days late, Ally was 4 days late and Andrew was 4 days early. Thank goodness at 8 lbs. 14 oz. I was glad of that. We moved the day before I had him and I think me moving so much made me go into labor.
Hope you have a good day.
Hope you ALL have a good day.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:18 AM   #12  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies

Spryng, Tony's walking up a storm lately too. Walks more than crawls now. Did I tell you he's completely off the bottle too? I think I may have mentioned that before. Will and Tony are playing together much more too...too bad that Will still takes the toys away from Tony, but he loves to "help" him with everything...kind of a pain sometimes...but fun.

Michelle, how're things going with the neighbors? Have you tracked down the owner of the house yet?

Melinda..10 central is 11 your time? I would never make it at that time I can't even chat at 10 central!

Ricci...is your ds having nightmares every night? Is it just a phase? Is there anything you can do? HOpe you enjoyed your pilates.

Crystal...I wouldn't be able to sleep either ! I don't understand grandparents who don't want any more grandchildren. I thought it was the more the merrier 'cause they can give them back to their parents when they're misbehaving?

Leigh shopping with kids is a drag sometimes...I often go with my Mother to help or once dh is home I go alone. I'm too cheap to pay delivery charges . Depends what it is though. Can you come organize my house when you're done with yours??

Ginny...nice to hear from you again!

I did the 4 mile walk again this morning and now the kids are listening (not watching) Nemo so I can type this up. It's going to be cool here...maybe hit 60 and it was raining earlier this morning. If it dries up some we may get outside for a bit later on.

Hello to anyone I missed!!

Dinner...good question...I'd better get up to the freezer and figure it out!

Have a great day everyone and I'll talk to you later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #13  

OK, this is the last post from me this morning, lol. I really need to finish up my chores

Michelle I posted that asian burritos with ginger salsa on the mom's losing weight site for you!
If anyone else wants it here is the site http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeig...&ID_Message=66

Also I have a question... my succotash soup tonight calls for a ducth oven. Well I don't have one. It's all made on the top of the stove so would a regular pot work?

Geri, how did you get him off the bottle?? I think I'll have a hard time with Tanner because he hates sippy cups! Refuses to drink them. I've been trying him out on reg milk and he loves that but won't take juice or milk or formula in anything but a bottle. My other two were drinking from sippy cups at 6-8 months old and Tanner is being stubborn about it. So who knows when he'll be off the bottle.
Crystal, yeah that whole myth of subsequent pregnancies being shorter never happened for me either. I was 2 days early with Ava, 1 day late with Bubba, and 1 day late with Tanner and they had to force him out with an induction or who knows how long he would have stuck around,lol. Are your labors long though? That did get shorter each time for me. 34 hrs with Ava, 15 hours with Bubba, and 5 1/2 hrs with Tanner. So my next one should be a breeze! lol.
Ricci, hope you got your pilates in. i am so hoping my dvd gets here today! I really want to start exercising but none of my dvds here are interesting me anymore.

OK, about the swan last night. I couldn't believe all the very flat bellies!!! I know they all got tummy tucks... but boy I wish I had those abs! They all looked really great. I was routing for beth, I thought she was just gorgeous, but she came in second. I'm sure they are all glad it's over and can go home to their dh's and boyfriends, and family now.
Ok, gonna scoot. I'll be back later LOL (does anyone here watch soaps??)
Old 05-25-2004, 11:12 AM   #14  
SAHM of 3

Geri, I thought the more the merrier too. My mom just thinks about the birthdays and christmas and stuff. I know it's somewhat rediculous. She says though, that it's not that, it's that she thinks we're hurting our bodies with too many. It's kinda stupid. God knows what he's doing.

Spryng, Alisa's active labor was 10 hours, Ally was like 4 hours and Andrew, I don't really know. I had contractions all day, I just don't know how long active labor was. Pushing seemed to get shorter with each one. Even though Ally was the smallest and the shortest labor, she hurt the worst. But w/each one I feel like my body can't take it and I try to give up during pushing, I hate that part. But I've had three huge babies, totally natural, w/o tearing or being cut and I handled it well. There's no reason I can't do it again. Besides, I'm here now and y'all will help this be the healthiest one yet and hopefully smallest. I'm wishing for a boy and anything under 8 and a half lbs. LOL
Dinner: I'm thinking Spaghetti & Chicken in Roasted Garlic Sauce, sounds good to me.
TTYL
Old 05-25-2004, 11:22 AM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, I use to watch the ABC soaps. Haven't in a very long time. If I did it would be General Hospital. I try to read about it sometimes to keep up but my tv stays on toons ALL day!!! Do you watch any?