Old 05-24-2004, 01:11 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Chit Chat #49

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who talk about everything. Who also provide daily support in our everyday lives, as well as our walk towards a healthier lifestyle.

We would love for you to join us!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:40 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning ladies,

Marti - I am so glad your grandpa is travelling and doing things. He sounds like a real sweetie. Sorry you are weepy - are you maybe pregnant? That got your attention, didn't it?? Maybe you are still sad about your grandma... it hasn't been very long that she's been gone. If I could, I'd take you somewhere or do something to cheer you up.

RosieKate - glad you're feeling better. I have allergies too, so I know how you feel. Tylenol makes the best OTC meds for that. When is it that you'll be going to Sylvia Beach? It sounds great! Can I tag along, lol. Good luck at weigh in today.

Suetalks - Yay for the 1# down! Nothing wrong with losing one pound! Cristi or somebody posted a poem about Just One Pound... you ought to read it. We had some really bad weather here yesterday, even a tornado watch. How was it in your part of Indiana?

Hi also to Cristi, Susan, Kathy, Shanna, Angie, Katie, Kathy and anyone else I forgot.

Gina will be bringing Macy (16 mo. old) for me to watch today. She has a fever, and the daycare can't take her. I need a little one-on-one with that sweetie anyway, so I'm glad she'll be here.

I bought several new t-shirts at Walmart yesterday for October when we go to Disney World. I figure by then, sweatshirts will be on the racks, and I won't be able to find short-sleeve stuff. I bought them another size down.

Hope all of you have a really good Monday!
BBL,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:10 AM   #3  

Just a quick one before school.....only two weeks and three days left and I'm finished with the school thing!!

Today after school I plan on stopping in at Cascade Hardware and putting in a resume. They are looking for an Office Assistant, and will train if needed!! Now.....this is in my town!!! So I'm hoping that I can get it.

Ok...off to dry my hair and drink some coffee! (got to bed a 1:30 last night)

BBL

Marti
Old 05-24-2004, 10:54 AM   #4  
RosieKate

Quickie here, too
Good luck, Marti - the job sounds perfect for you!

Jana - Sylvia Beach will be June 15-16. My plan is to work hard at staying OP, then I plan to relax when I'm there as they have fabulous food. I want dessert!

Yay! I'm down 2 lbs! Finally the scales budged! It really helps to see even a little progress, its motivating me to keep on keeping on....

Rk
Old 05-24-2004, 02:33 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Good afternoon ladies~

I have some catching up to do...our computer was messed up again with that virus of course it was my fault. We switched over to AOL after getting it the last time and I am not crazy about AOL so...I thought I would download MSN again and get rid of AOL-didn't happen. Well, it did...and it totally screwed things up. I did get it fixed and am just staying with AOL regardless. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Anywho...didn't fill like messing with it yesterday. Boy, was it hot yesterday. I am afraid it is only going to get worse and I can't stand the heat already. It is supposed to rain today and I am hoping it does to cool things off, and give the yard a good soaking! LOL

Didn't do much yesterday. Went to Mass and then to lunch with DS. Got home and did laundry and some reading. Need to get back to my scrapbook. Going to go pick weeds out of the back later, if it doesn't rain. Can't believe how they have just about taken over back there. That's about all I have planned today, except for some ironing later also.

Jana~WTG on staying OP throughout the entire week. I know how stressful it can be, and tempting with all that food around. I need get into that thinking mode. I took a gander at your photo's, they are good and you DEFINITELY can tell! You should be very proud of yourself lady. You have come a long way.

Susan~keeping my fingers in the hopes that you get the new postion. And CONGRAT'S on your loss this week! You ladies are doing a fantastic job getting the weight off.

Marti~I will send you a post card also, from KS. I too was thinking the same, maybe you are pregnant! Keeping my fingers for this job.

Sue~CONGRAT'S on your weight loss this week also! Yes, it was I who posted the poem about 1 pound-it's in the Inspiration thread-you might want to check it out.

RosieKate~your house (the paint) sounds nice. I have seen a pink kitchen before. It coordinated with the rest of the house and I must say I absolutely loved it! I have always liked pink in the bathroom, not sure why but that is what my bathroom is, and one wall in my bedroom. I just love color on the walls. Anyway...CONGRAT'S on the 2 pouinds gone!

Shanna~you are welcome for the cards girly. I am sorry you didn't get the gift that you really wanted though. The camera sounds nice enough. Maybe, he is going to wait on that special gift for a really special time.

Angie~keeping my fingers in the hopes that you guys get that house. Though, like Marti said "If it wasn't meant to be...I don't envy you girl. I am glad our house hunting is over. For some reason this was the worst experience ever and I hope I don't have to go through that again, not for a long time anyway. And in case I don't get back early enough in the morning, I hope you and Monte have a fantastic anniversary!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY tomorrow!!!

Hi to everyone else!

I guess I need to get going ladies. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday. See ya!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:08 PM   #6  

Sorry for laughing.....but pregnant?! Let me say one thing.....if I were, then it would be one deteremined baby!! James has been "fixed" and I have a contraption inserted.

Just thought I would clarify on that subject......hee-hee....I'm still giggling!!

I will post more later, must get this application in today!!

Marti
Old 05-24-2004, 06:45 PM   #7  

Ok back for a few minutes.....

I filled out my application, grabbed a resume and James took me back to the store to turn it in. There was a woman there filling out an application.....and another one came in a picked one up....I have no idea if I will get this, apparently there were many people coming in to apply. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best. The woman said she'll start going over them next week.

Beautiful day here today.....must get out and enjoy some of it. I will try to check in later.

Marti
Old 05-25-2004, 09:46 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Cristi - thank you so much for the sympathy card - got it yesterday. So what kind of scrapbook pages are you doing? The kids? Vacation? Mel Gibson? lol Just bein' nosy...

Marti - if you're supposed to get the job, you will. Hey, let me tell you, Katie was one determined baby! Neal was told he couldn't father children, and I was using a from of bc anyway, just to be safe... thank goodness it didn't work, though, 'cause I wouldn't have my sweet Katie.

RosieKate - YAY!!! for the 2 pounds down!! I agree that having a loss show up really does do wonders for our moral. Even if it is a loss of inches instead of pounds.

I am sitting at the library, because both of our phone lines are out. Grrr! We had a bad storm that knocked out the service in the boonies where I live. The phone company said they will be fixed by 5pm today. Thank goodness for the cell phone, but it isn't much good for the internet, lol.

I'll check back later if I can...
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:20 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Congrats to SueTalk & RosieKate...for their weight loss! YAY Keep up the good work!!

Happy Annie to Monte & Angie

How old is Gina, Jana???

AOL never lets you switch to another internet server thingie, Cristi. My ex tried to switch from AOL to Comcast and the computer got all messed up. He just threw the thing away. Though AOL is still taking out $$$ from his account for service....lol

I handed in my application,cover letter,resume...a pint of blood.....lol..Geez,anyway, took it in this morning, now sit back and cross limbs and see what happens.

Kind of fun to look around at rentals and dream of where I could live.

Better go. Hi to everyone!! Best of luck with your job search Marti
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 02:40 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Jana~what a sweet story about Miss Katie. Isn't it funny how things happen. There was a guy DH#1 worked with years ago and he had had a vasectomy and his wife got pregnant. He swore up and down it couldn't be his and accused her of having an affair-they almost broke up over this. Well, they went so far as to have blood test done and sure enough the kid was his. Why he would have thought otherwise is beyond me because the baby looked just like him, red hair and all! So stranger things have happened, hear that Marti??!! They do come undone. You are welcome for the card, I just wanted you all to know I was thinking of you. Oh, the scrapbook-well this one is about me!! On the first page I put Cristina, The Early Years. I did one for Vince and am going to do one for the kids, eventually. Also, would like to do a vacation one, eventually. But this one is me growing up, even though I don't have a lot of photo's. Supposedly my mother is looking for some, but the way she is it could be years!

Marti~I do hope you get the job. That's one thing I hate about applying for jobs, for every job there's at least 20 people or so applying for one position and it makes it hard. Anyway, wishing you with the job search.

Susan~I do understand about AOL not letting you have another server, but it was MSN that messed us up, not sure why. I'm not crazy about AOL but it will suffice. We just have to get used to it again 'cause I'm not changing again! Your ex threw away a computer!!! to you also with the job, I do hope you get it so you can move into a dream house.

We also got some bad storms blow through here last night, geez, I hate that lightening! Didn't have any outages though, and no tvs or computers being blown! It's cloudy today but I am loving it because it is not hot. It has been too hot the last few days. Had some errands this morning. Actually did the Wal-Mart thing today only because I needed a couple of things and didn't want to waste money at the local store. They are almost finished with the new Super-Target-can't wait to check it out. That's about it for my day. I will work on the scrapbook some later, and of course there is always laundry to do. Anywho, hope everyone is having a good day. Take care ladies, see ya
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:50 PM   #11  

Quickly posting tonight,

I have some more homework I want to finish before tomorrow. It's not due until friday but I rather have it done and over with.

Spent a lot of time in the yard this afternoon.......my head aches from the sun. It was beautiful day!! Then we went to the mall and bought James some luggage. One piece, at Ross....and some nice lounge wear as he calls it!! He kept asking me what I wanted and there just wasn't anything I wanted at this time.....must save it for when I do want something!

That's how my day has been,,,I need to get on with the homework, then relax, and take some aspirin, gotta get rid of the headache before it gets worse.

Take care and I will do individuals tomorrow.

Marti
Old 05-26-2004, 12:24 AM   #12  

Angie---

You are a BEAUTIFUL girl!! I'm so glad that you sent your picture!! (I sent an e-mail also saying the same thing) And here it took you so long to share....there was nothing to hide...I will say again....BEAUTIFUL!! You have one of those smiles that makes everyone want to smile with you. (Yes...I can tell that with a picture!)

I just had to pop in real quick and let you know....

better get back to homework.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:32 AM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies,

Its only Tuesday? Feel like it should be the weekend...*sigh

Marti, adding my two cents in,,,my youngest brother who will be 21 this July was a very determined baby,,,my mom had her tubes tied in 1972 after a horrible tubal pregnancy that almost claimed her life. 11 yrs later....ITS A BOY! Ive heard of others that have gotten pregnant after a vasectomy,,,and such so....

Susan,,,fingers toes and eyes are crossed!

To all who are losers this week,,,GREAT JOB!

So the house we put the bid on was lost as I think Ive said before... feeling a bit discouraged. So after so major argueing between Monte and I we have decided to do some minor renovations around the house. We cleaned the yard from top to bottom today,,,(we really couldn't with the snow earlier) need to do some painting,,,the railings and such look dull. I am going to do some touch up paintings in the house...give it more of a fresh look... we are also going to empty each room as much as we can and store it all in our already crowded basement. I swear we can furnish another home.
Sunday went ok, I did go visit Andrea,,,didn't break down. Till a good 10 miles away when I ran over a gopher,,,and well I bawled for a good 50 miles. By the time I finally got home I needed a nap.
Well off to bed I go, my day off is about painting...lol
night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:30 AM   #14  
RosieKate

Angie - Sorry you lost that house - I was rooting for you. David and I have gone through similar discussions about this dinky house we live in. We absolutely love the neighborhood, but it is too small. He's finally convinced me that expanding this house is preferable to selling and moving. When I look around, this place does feel like home to me, don't know if I'd feel that way anywhere else. You should have a big ol' garage sale and spend the proceeds on something very indulgent to cheer you and Monte up about the whole house thing.

Marti - you and I had similar days. I had a sleepless night Mon. ( I HATE that -- its a TOM thing) so I was pretty listless yesterday, but did make some progress on the back yard. It was a gorgeous day to be outside working. School's almost over, then its fun in the sun all the time, right?

Saw a TV thing on South Beach diet - Pres Clinton has lost 40 lbs on it. I think I'll check it out from the library. Tho' must admit, these high protein diets are getting a bit pricey with food prices increasing like they are - ugh.. However, the gas prices are motivating me to walk more places - that's a good thing

Have a great day everyone!
RosieKate
Old 05-26-2004, 10:41 AM   #15  

Wink

Oh gosh ladies---

Ok, when I was all weepy, it was during TOM....which really lasted what seemed like forever!! And losing grandma took some time to heal (although I still get sad, which everyone does I'm sure) plus, when James was gone, I had realized that was the first time in my LIFE, that I spent that much time by myself. I have NEVER been alone before ......(wow....isn't the bizarre? 33yrs. old and never been alone) so I contribute my weepiness and depression from all that.

IF I ever got pregnant, it would definately be a surprise. And I too have heard of some crazy conceptions! A woman I knew had a sister (or cousin or some relative) that had her tubes tied, and her husband also got fixed....apparently that wasn't enough, they ended up with another baby. (they already had three and were finished) so the arguments between them was really something else! I also went to school with a girl who had a baby, and after she had him, 10 months later she had her daughter! She didn't even know she was pregant. She was a very thin girl before, and she never grew any bigger after her son, she didn't experience any symptoms and when she went in to have her, she just went in for severe stomache "ache" How crazy is that? Wouldn't you FEEL that baby? She had thought that it was just taking a long time for her to heal after the first one!!(plus, I think it would take me a few months before I would want to be touched again!!)

Anyway....I'm ruling out pregnancy until I go in to the hospital for severe stomache "aches"

I will do individuals later tonight...James will be leaving tonight for Albany again and then it's off to Salem.....don't know yet if he'll get to come home in between or not....if not, then he'll be gone two weeks straight, then home for a day and back out for another week. Trying to get used to that. I kept thinking how nice it would be to not have to work, but I think I need to, to keep me preoccupied!! Plus, I can make some extra "spoiling everyone" money!!

Alrighty then, I'm off to make some coffee and read the newspaper before I head off to school.

BBL for individuals!

Marti