Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 04:11 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#90)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 05-20-2004, 04:12 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #89 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!
Old 05-21-2004, 07:34 AM   #3  
THINKING THIN!!!!

School's OUT...School's OUT!!! YIPPEEEE!!!

This is the Friday I have been waiting for...LOL. Hope everyone is doing OK. Sending prayers and Hugs to all who have sick loved ones.
Mom came through her surgery fine yesterday. They said they thought they got all the infection. She will have the bone "concrete" for 6 to 8 weeks then hopefully another new knee put in. It will be a long road for her but everything looks good right now.
I'm running late this morning and don't have time to post to everyone {story of my life...LOL} Thinking of all of you today!!

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
86 DAYS DOWN~~10 TO GO~~
Old 05-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #4  

Hi everyone! I am not up to posting a long one. Off the top my head I will post a few thiings. It is our long weekend this weekend. No work monday.

Debbie I am glad to hear that your mom is doing well after her surgery. Are you swimming yet? We are openning our pool this weekend. Now for those hot days....

Sherry you must be a professional painter by now! Professional mover too! Is there anything else besides painting that you want to do to your new home? Can you email me your new address? When will you be officially moved there?

Gayle I know that you are busy but remember do as you preach take some time for yourself. Is Steve home this weekend?

Vicki I think I remember you said that it is Cara's graduation this weekend. Enjoy it. We don't have Dez's til the end of June.

Shelley sorry to hear about the broken statues you sent out to your customer. Did you have shipping insurance?

Ramona I hope that you are not to stressed. Take a deep breath and give yourself a minute to relax. Have you heard from the boys lately?

Carol have you gotten back on program for a whole day? Be strong you can do it. Thinking about your Mom. Hope that she is doing well with her treatments.

Hi to you Cheryl, Jennellle, and Tina. Please post when you have a minute.

Have a great weekend everyone.

My post was longer than I thought. Glad that I could post to you all.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:43 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I second that YAY!!!! Debbie! I have to work on Monday (no kids- just waiting for folks to come pick up their report cards and some last-minute cleanup in my room), and then it's summertime! We have to go back on AUGUST 2ND!!! That just seems like a really short summer.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:46 PM   #6  

Dee...Thank you I know things will go well Sunday and we are having a party for her Memorial Day wk/end and then be so glad this is all over with...Exhausting.

Sher.Deb,Gayle,Carol,Ramona,Jenn,Shelley and anyone i am missing have a good weekend.

Vicki
Old 05-22-2004, 01:14 PM   #7  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I hope everyone family situations are better this morning. Please take some time to have a little fun with family and friends this weekend. We all need some R & R!!

My sister is taking care of Mom today...SO we are having our first official POOL PARTY!!!! It will be close to 90 degrees today and the water is around 82 degrees, just perfect. We have swam a couple of times but this will our first time to have guests. I'm calling it my "End of School" Party!!

My first guests will be arriving soon and I need the finish up some things.
Love you guys...deb

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
87 DAYS DOWN~~ 9 TO GO!!
Old 05-23-2004, 03:37 PM   #8  

Just wanted to post a quick hello. I hope you are all well and enjoying your summer vacations. One of these days I'll go back and read so I can catch up with you all.

Things here are about the same. My mother is basically in a "non-responsive" state. She hasn't eaten in 30 days and hasn't had anything to drink in almost 5 days. The doctors and nurses just scratch their heads. They don't know how she is surviving. I guess it is just shear will. We have stayed up with her 24/7 for the last 2 weeks. We take turns getting little catnaps.

I better get back, I just wanted you all to know that I think about you everyday and hope to be back soon.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:19 PM   #9  

Ramona-God works in strange ways. Maybe your mother is hanging on for a reason. I love you and my prayers are with you and yours.

Debbie and Sherry-You lucky dogs!! Our kids are still in school this upcoming week until Thursday. I was at an all day bookkeeper's meeting on Friday, and it was killing me know how busy the office was without me there. Now Monday, the clinic aide will not be there, so it will be payback big time. They kept us at this meeting from 8-4.

I went out shopping yesterday. I really want to get some bright colored pants for next school year to go with the uniform shirts, but it seems the only pretty colors are in capris, unless they have elastic waists, which I hate. Does anyone know where to buy pink, blue, yellow, turquoise pants that have a bit of lycra in them and either have belt loops or not, but no elastic waist? Something like dockers? The closest I could find were some very pretty cropped pants at Steinmart, but I am afraid that they are too short and the principal might consider them capris.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:49 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Shelley - Have you tried KMart? The Jaclyn Smith collection usually has stuff in those colors....very pastel.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:08 PM   #11  

Splish, slash I was having a bath......how did the pool party go Debbei?
We openned up our pool yesterday but it is warm enough to swim yet. Maybe in a few days the weather wil get hotter.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:40 PM   #12  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hey Girls!!

Ramona...I am still praying for your whole family. At this point, I'm hope your Mom isn't in any pain but I'm sure it is taking a toll on all of you. Please take care of yourself and don't get run down. Love ya!!

Sherry... PUT down the paint brush and POST...lol. So glad you came to my pool party yesterday, it was the most fun I have had in a long time. Dancing by the moonlight and the torches was the best!!!

Dee... Do you have a solar cover for your pool? That is what helped out water warm up so quickly. The big party is this coming Sunday and we still have lots of things to do before then. There will be around 25 people here for that party.

We had a blast yesterday, way into the hours of the morning...LOL. I can already tell this summer is going to be full of wet towels everywhere, lots of food and many {hangovers}...LOL. I even had over night guests, there was people sleeping everywhere even on the swing on the deck.

Sending my love to all my Floozie friends. And special HUGS for those who have sick loved ones. DEB

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
88 DAYS DOWN~~8 TO GO~~
Old 05-24-2004, 08:52 AM   #13  
Losing it!

I'm sorry I've been away girls, it was a hectic week. We had a sale all day Friday, a wedding out of town saturday and a graduation out of town Sunday.

Ramona, prayers are still being sent, I agree with shelley, there is a reason why your mother is still here. Try to get some rest when you can.

Shelley, There is a catalog, but I can't remember the name right now, it is a line that just came out about 5 years ago. The name reminds me of a brand of cigarettes, I'll try to think of it, all kinds of bright colors and cute styles.

Deb, enjoy your pool, you have worked hard to get it.

Dee, hows the back? Is dez ready for graduation?

Vickster, I hope everything went well for Cara! Try to share a few picks if you can.

I'm going to go back and read some of the messages, I feel like I've missed so much in all of your lives. To everyone I didn't reply to, I hope all is well.

My friend with cancer has now been referred to Hospice. She will be calling them later today. She asked me if I would be interested in being her Hospice voluteer, I'm struggling in making that decision. I told her if she felt she would feel comfortable with me, then yes, as long as Hospice agreed to it also. It's easier voluteering to strangers then to someone that has been in your life for several years. I'm struggling with my emotions right now, and wondering what I should do or say. She has kids about Liz's age and is in her fourties. Liz is taking it pretty hard, Nancy basically is her second mom. She was Liz's babysitter and helped me out so much during my divorce and my life as a single parent. I told her the other evening, she is like a sister to me, I can't hardly remember life without her in it. I'm sorry to ramble on so much.

I'll be back later to post more, hopefully I'll be in a better mood by then. I love you all and wish you a good day!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:02 AM   #14  
Losing it!

Shelley, I think the catalog is called Cambridge. I looked at one a few years ago, alot of brightly colored separates at that time.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:34 AM   #15  

Shelley, there is also one called Newport News that has all kinds of pants like that. You can look at the catalog online.

Debbie, it sounds as if you all had a fantastic time at your party. Wish we all could have been there!!!

Galye, I'm so sorry for your friend. I hope you will be able to give her some comfort.

Mom has a fever of 103 this morning. I'm not sure what is going on with that. She still has not opened her eyes or responded to anyone. I think when I go home for lunch, I will just stay there. They can get along here for one afternoon without me.
Closed Thread