Old 05-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #177 Click Here!!!

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:52 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok Ladies,
I was gone like three hours and ya'll posted 100 times.... LOL

Well not that many times.... But close to it!

Michelle,
Have fun at Wal-Mart, at least it might not be too crowded.... but heck it is Wal-Mart.... It is always crowded. And thanks for finding me a WATP dvd set on Ebay last night! You're the best

Geri, Geri, Geri,
You are an awesome MOM! I know sometimes they push us to the limits and sometimes they are only quiet when they are sleeping... But I know you are doing a wonderful job! If you need anything just pm me! And I hope you still have a good weigh in.

Cindi,
Have fun at the awards ceremony.

Spryng,
I have never heard "paint the barn" before.... LOL I have heard "putting on war paint". Hope you get to see Dh soon! And even if your videos don't come in this week you should still get in a workout huh Have fun and please let us know how the weigh in goes in the morning.

As for me,
I didn't make it to the park... I made a list of things I want done before Andrew's party and I have to get started on them today..... I need to remulch the flower beds... paint the chairs I have to set up... pressure wash the toys outside.... weedeat... All that good stuff....

I better get started!

See ya later
Old 05-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #3  
soontobethin

Hi,
Its been crazy here lately. Hope evryone is doing good, can't wait to read the weigh ins. I will go back and catch up later. I did catch the Super Size Me article, the guy has his movie out now about it. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:35 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Simply amazing- I am back again. But this is a new thread!!!!!!!!! How will I ever keep up with this. Oh well......I'll skim the old one and give it a shot.
I did get my WW tape in this am....it is sort of muggy here, and I was not too inspired to walk.

Penny- thanks for starting a new thread.
Ricci-hope things slow down a bit for you, sounds like you are up to your eyeballs too.
You know.......I am going to leave this post and see if it works. With my computer these days it is better to see if it will work or not.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:44 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

THIS IS SICK.....it is murder to get a post thru.
Jackie welcome back, hon! I missed you.
BTW- we are married 22 years tomorrow, and I know this sounds odd but it really does not bug me all that much if Dh does not remember (it would be nice to see if he can do this all by himself or not). Of course I might not feel that way tomorrow.......no, I just know how his mind works and this kind of stuff is not high on his list.

Better go- who knows if this post will go thru (the last one did not!)
See ya -Ginny
Old 05-21-2004, 01:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

You all Crack me UP!!!!

Cindi - lol lets get commited together my 2 were driving me nuts earlier I had to call hubby to grasp at adult conversation and reality lol he came home for a few so I could at least finish making my phone calls to pay our bills lol.

Spryng - LMAO!!!! I have never heard that expression either lol I thought you were really getting ambitious going out to paint a barn all by yourself with kids strapped to your hip!!

Penny - I forgot what theme you are having for Andrews party, remind me Taylor and I were looking through the birthday express catalog and I think she either wants Scooey Goo (thats how she says scooby doo) or Dora I'll probably go with Dora but who knows she may change her mind I told her I wanted her to have either a princess bday or a tea party theme that would be so fun for me but alas she is such a tomboy!

Geri - Man I wish I could get a good breakfast in but I never can lately I've just been having a cup of plain fat free yogurt its quick and easy and not too messy!! Hey I know how you feel lol I was feeling that way with my kids today just my patience was being tried, I suppose it was cuz I really wanted to get the bills done and I couldnt even hear the operators on the phone lol. I don't think kids know the meaning of "give me 10 minutes then I'm all yours" I truely sympathize

Ricci - I hope things slow down for you soon so you can have some time to yourself!! How are things going for you?

Ginny - Woo hoo the post worked it worked!! Yayyy good to see a post from you as well!! Will life ever be slow for you?

Crystal - Whats up girl? How's it going?

Well I got a 2 mile walk in while my girls did a power nap lol and of course in the middle of my work out ups comes to the door so I had to rewind and get going again lol grrr don't they know to come when I'm done working out?? jk Like I mentioned about the good breakfast, well I'm just eating my yogurt now!! It got so crazy here before and its finally settled down lol. I had to give the girls a big hug and tell them I was sorry for losing patience, they seemed to accept my apology

Ok well I better get out of these workout clothes and dressed so I can be ready to shop when hubby gets home
Take care
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:54 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Afternoon Ladies

I have been working my tushie off outside and it is starting to look better but I had to come in and take a shower before Andrew woke up from his nap...

So I am all clean again.... LOL

Ginny,
Woman, You never stop! You must be skinny as a beanpole with all the running away you do!!!! Glad to see you posting!

Ricci,
I didn't know that guy had a movie coming out. Whats the name of it???

Michelle,
I am glad hubby was so nice and came hope to help you for a few minutes! Did you get all your bills paid? When is Taylor's bday? Is it August you said???

Andrew is having a theme called the "First Birthday Star" All the plates, napkins and such are all in the shape of a star and it says 1st Birthday Star. It is very cute! I have went out and bought the star shaped cake pan, the star shaped serving trays, confetti and such. The whole theme is very bright, primary.

I hope you all have a great afternoon! I am doing well and just going to hang around the house all day.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:55 PM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Being it is 2:00 pm and all the kids are laying down, I am gonna go to the chatroom if anyone wants to come

Old 05-21-2004, 02:58 PM   #9  
SAHM of 3

I'm back from my Friday routine. I have swayed off plan today, which is okay actually. I have learned that I actually do better the other six days if at least one day I enjoy myself. And Friday's I don't cook dinner and it's always cereal day and we're never home for lunch, so it fits my Friday's well.
I actually scanned through all the posts, but good gosh there were a ton. I'm not getting too personal this time. I have to get my house in order, seeing as though I left here around 8 this morning.

Cindi, WTG girl. You are doing great. Hope the banquet thingy goes good.

Spryng, hope you get to see dh soon. Have a good weekend if we don't hear from you.

Geri, hope you're doing okay now.

Michelle, how's it going?

Well, I've got to wrap some birthday presents. Tomorrow my sister is having a b-day party for let's see...Jonathan, the oldest, will be 11 on Sunday and Leslie will be 6 yo, on June 1st. So that's where I'll be tomorrow. I'll check in later. Nice to read all your posts. Hope the day continues to bring you all wellness.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:47 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Default Wow!

Ya'll are busy, busy, busy! That's awesome. I'll begin my replies and may have to sign off, but will complete them later. I'm still in Savannah, but Liam's taking a nap.

Spryng - keep us informed on the recipies you use from the book. I'll check out her website when I return home. Those Aisan burritos sound yummy and like something DH would love. Oh, and this hotel is absolutely stunning. I'm thinking I should accompany DH on business more often - they stay in really nice hotels

Micheele - your breakfast burrito sounds good. I had egg whites for breakfast (scrambled) here at the hotel. Good job keeping up with the walking - you're doing really well with that!

Jessi - I can only imagine - Liam tries to move everywhere, so I'm sure in no time he'll be just like Cole and unable to leave for even a second

Ginny - Happy anniversary! Do you really think DH has forgotten?? That would make me upset.

Hi, Jackie!

Crystal - 15 lbs??? Hooray!!!!

Crystal (and Spryng) - tell me about it! I absolutely LOVE corn bread! There used to be a really good fat-free mix I used to make, but it's hard to find now.

Melinda - Happy almost Birthday!!! Sorry weaning is sometimes difficult - hopefully it gets easier.

Penny - Hi! Hope you enjoy the yardwork - do you like gardening? I hate yardwork, but I know lots of people love it. The party sounds adorable.

Misty - sounds like your doing very well and staying on track. Good for you!

Crystal, etc. School of Rock - I can't wait to see this - DH and I are planning to rent it soon.

Geri - I've been getting more frustrated with Liam and others lately as well, but I keep blaming it on PMS, but TOM still hasn't arrived, though seems like it should have. Hugs to you. Glad TOny and Will are doing well

Ricci - Hi! Good to see your post

I'm right OP, and haven't even used any flexpoints! I'm going to try and not use them, but I know I may need to every once in a while. I'm interested to get ya'lls opinion on something. I'm seriously considerieng getting a food scale. I know WW has all those handy ways to know a portion like the dice, casette tape, etc. but I have a really hard time with knowing a portion size by oz. So, I thought if I was using a scale and started seeing how much an oz. is, etc. I would then have it in my head better for when we go out.

I'm still not sure what I want to do for my weight loss reward this week. Didn't see anything I liked in the stores here, though did get some adorable stuff for Liam and some of his baby friends back home. Do any of you do anything special? I've thought about a charm bracelet where I add a charm for each week, or every 5lbs, but I'm just not sure.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:08 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Leigh,
It sounds like you are doing wonderful
It is so great that you haven't even used your flex points. But use em if you need em If not I think your weight loss gets even better.

Anyhow,
On the food scale thing... I have one. I bought it for like 5 bucks maybe. Me and hubby use it all the time and I love it. I know how you feel about sometimes you can tell how much and then other times you can't!
Hope you are having a great wonderful time! It sounds like it!

As far as the reward thing,
I used to go to TOPS and they gave out ribbons and awards for pounds gone, but for me...
I think I am holding out to the end because I want a new wardrobe but I think it is a great idea about the charm bracelet.

I just bought one pair of size 10 shorts off ebay for my motivation. I got them in today and they got on, zipped and everything but they are just tight and tight in the legs.... so I am hoping the watp's dvds I bought off ebay will help that situation out... LOL

Have a great evening! I think I am gonna splurge tonight at our weekly pizza buffet outing.

You ladies are the best! Keep doing great! See ya lighter!
Old 05-21-2004, 05:11 PM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Oh BTW,

I just wanted to let you all know it reached 91 here in Louisiana today!

Summer is definitely in full swing!
Old 05-21-2004, 05:13 PM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Well, lets see if this works again......with this computer who knows......

Leigh- congrats for being OP with out using any flex points!!!!! What are you doing in Savannah?

Crystal- there are actually some WW'ers who recommend one off day- nothing too off but one day to not be so vigilant. Sounds like you are back on track today- good for you. Hope you got your house in order.

Penny- I wish I was as skinny as a bean pole.....but I am awfully busy. What did you do that had you working so hard?????? Hope someone else was there to chat.

Michele- good for you getting the 2 miler in!!!! SOunds like you are using WATP! Don't you just love Leslie?

Well, all the monsters are home.......pfew! 23 more days of school.......I kind of blew it on some tortillas today, so a salad for dinner it will be for me. Should be ok in points though for the day.
Guess I'd better get going on dinner. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 05-21-2004, 05:43 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ginny,

The kids are already out here.....
I think if you have your salad tonight, you will do just fine!
Andrew turns one in three weeks and we are having an outside swimming party.......
So I have been cleaning the property line.... we have two acres out here in the country.
The yard is all pretty but I have some trees and stuff that we cut down and left all the branches and stuff laying there.... so we have weeds, and such growing all over the branches....
And I am gonna remulch my flower beds this weekend.

Hope you have a wonderful evening!
Old 05-21-2004, 05:55 PM   #15  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

I am getting a haircut on Tuesday at an upscale salon as my reward. I don't do it often enough.

I also considered a new workout video, some new earrings...I am also holding out on the clothing until I am at a more comfortable place with my weight and size.

Going to exercise now, in my house with no A/C to speak of.

Great to see how wonderful we are all doing!! Be back later!

BTW, Logan got awards for the Math Olympics and for being the most helpful in class. That's my boy...well, one of them anyway!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote