Old 05-21-2004, 06:09 AM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #69

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #62

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

Last edited by gma22; 05-21-2004 at 08:13 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:10 AM   #2  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Any losers out there?????

later girlies!

Faye
Old 05-21-2004, 07:51 AM   #3  

Morning Girlies!

It really is morning now......got lots of rest last night and feel better. Except for the sugar hangover! I've got to get control of myself again......I feel myself slacking and I reaalllly want to get the rest of this weight OFF!! DH is feeling the same way, so at least I have some support at home as well as online.

Faye----I'da smacked Jack for that rock prank!! And NOT in a way he would like! Of course, if you think about it......great exercise. I always think of the old 50 pound grain bags I used to have to carry around for my sheep and think "damn! I've lost THAT much weight off my body!!"

Well, there's not much to say since I posted last night. I hope everyone has lots of inspiring losses today! It's TOM, so I'm not even weighing until next week. I know I'm up from all this eating and stress anyway.........

Guess it's time for a good sweat!

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:53 AM   #4  

Hey, Carrie....is there any way to get the points info from weight watchers online or in a book? I don't have any meetings around here, and I don't want to do the pay by the week stuff online. I just want to know point values and how many you're supposed to eat a day, etc.

Feeling the need for a new way to keep track of my food.
Thanks,
Julie
Old 05-21-2004, 09:16 AM   #5  
It is what it is...

Morning All -

I had a 3 pointer yesterday...and I am down 1 pound for the week, I will consider that good since I blew last weekend...I am really looking forward to getting below 195 so I have some leadway from 200...

Julie - There isnt really away around getting the actual WW stuff, but here is the thing, people sell the whole packages online on Ebay, I do not know how much they go for, but that might be an option for you. You really need ALL of the material and both points books to get you on the program. Also have you and your husband thought about Atkins? My dh has lost 37 pounds on it recently, you are never hungry - and do not think that all you are eating is meat and eggs and cheese, you can have big salads with "REAL" dressing , chicken salad and tuna salad on lettuce with real mayo, casseroles like quiche and meatloaf, there are a ton of things to do on that...
just an idea to jump start your loss...I dont think it is necessarily something that you want to do for life but it does quick start the weight loss....I couldnt do it because I have sugar issues but for everyone else I know it works great
Anyway good luck and let me know if you have any more questions on the WW, you can check with me before you purchase something on ebay if you want, just to make sure it is what you need....either way
( p.s. I think you do really great on your own, you just have to stick to your plan, wink wink - I know it is hard sometimes and we get bored, I even really get bored with WW but I have to keep thinking of the end result, you have done so good so far, you can do this!! I want you in Onederland with me and you could be there very soon !!! )

Okay so my post was just to Julie Everyone have a great day, I will check in later for other losses!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:27 AM   #6  

Default Mornin'

I am at home sick today. I am sure my resistance is down after the trip and going back to work the next day. I didn't get my soak yesterday because my DD's honors choir performed at school at 7:00 p.m. and by the time we got home all I could do was crawl in the bed with a sore throat and headache.

The choir was outstanding - perfect pitch, personality, and articulate. I understand why they were invited to state competition. My mother was a music teacher and choir director so I know choral music. This was the best middle school choir I have ever heard!

I am going to spend the day paying attention to me! Although there are lots of things I intend to get done around the house I am specifically going to concentrate on my training for the 5k, water, and staying on plan . Later I am going to have that soak I missed yesterday.

Will post pounds later - Wish me luck for a loss and good luck to everyone else!

mscat sw238/cw???/gw140
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:28 AM   #7  

Mornin'!
Well I seem to be holding pretty steady as far as the scale goes which I am very happy about. After tomorrow the show will be over and I can get back to the gym for a couple weeks before I have to move out.

ICK! there is some sort of funny bad broccoli smell around here and I can't for the life of me figure out where it is coming from. I have been walking around, pausing, and sniffing. I just realized the window is open so if could very well be coming from out there

We had a very interesting assignment in my acting class recently. Don't know if I told you all about it already...but we have a grid with everyone's name in the class across the top and different categories down the side like: beverage, animal, or fantasy/myth figure. We had to fill in the grid for everyone in the class and on wednesday we got what people wrote down for us back. From what was written…and some various discussions I've been having recently I've gotten a much better picture of how people perceive me (the point of the assignment). Its amazing how it can be so different than what's in your own head. Apparently I am seem as intelligent, self contained, and pretty confident which is only odd because in my own head I am a bumbling fool So there is a lesson! Even of we think not so great things about ourselves sometimes, there are always those that do, sometimes in the least expected places.

Of course there were things I didn't want to find out. I've come to realize I sort of have this...I don't know if I should call it intimidation factor....but...as the guy that put me as "xena warrior princess" said with a huge smile, "you seem like the type of person that could beat the out of someone if you reeeeaaaly wanted to." Its weird...on the one hand people think I have this motherly side...and on another...this. Its not the 1st time its popped up. Wow it just occurred to me the exact quality he's talking about and I know exactly where it came from...MY mother, and well her entire side of the family. Well as another guy told me, I live up the Irish blood in my veins.

mscat - sorry to hear you are sick

Last edited by Scuzin; 05-21-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:54 PM   #8  

Height: 5 foot

Oh well, all the stuff I wrote just got erased, so here we go again. Going to try to be at least reasonably positive today, even though I don't feel like it. Well the whole day seems wasted. It's already 12:30, the baby havent taken a nap, I havent exercised and had an apple for breakfast. I feel like crap. I keep trying to pump myself up saying how I'm gonna kick butt and I'm going to do all of my exercises, blah, blah. But I'm still sitting here getting more and more depressed. I have to leave again to go get the stuff for my hair appt. Should be happy right? But I'm ungrateful as usual, I make myself sick. I just dont see how I"m going to go 25 miles to Georgetown, 25 miles back, stop to the store, get some milk, take care of kids, clean house, exercise doubly, and all before 6:00. Oops and I forgot lunch and dinner....which I should have eaten by now...Why do I let one mistake or mishap ruin the rest of my life? Just because I broke my schedule and didnt get on the treadmill 1 friggin time, I just give up. Where is my motivation? Which one of you chickies stole it?

Ok, I only lost 1 measly lb. Poo-Poo! All this kickin my butt aint making much of a difference, so why even kill myself for nothing. I know I should be happy, I should try to take off an extra lb today by exersizing by buttocks off, but why? What will I get for it except a headache, being tired and not getting the things I need around the house done. I just wanna pull out all of my hair and run in a circle screaming!!! Then I wanna go jump in the lake with the aligator and choke it to death and fry it up for dinner!! Then I wanna go run around screaming again!!!!

Ok enough of that bull crap...I need to slap myself and get back on track. Weight is not that big of a deal, there are others who have no legs and cant exercise, and others who have cancer or aids or other problems. Burn victims and Abuse victims, paralzyed people. There is a person right now that probably just lost their family to a car crash and I'm sitting here complaining about 1 freakin lb. I should be kicked in the butt by God himself, I should be happy that I am soo blessed that I have finger to type. I should be grateful for my beautiful (healthy) kids, my poor hubby that doesnt know what he's gotten into , my family that I can still hug and hold on to, and you chickies who unfortunately have to listen to all my crap!! So, I am... I need to fall down on my knees and beg for forgiveness!!!

Ok....now

Satine- How dare you leave here with out speaking to us!!! I'm just kidding, Have a good weekend. Congrats on the 1 lb!

Mscat816- Have fun and enjoy your day....but wasnt that yesterday's theme? Hope you feel better & Have a good weekend.

Scuzin- I'd like to think that people would think I would beat the crap out of them too!!! Just so they won't mess with me. Well that's great what all of them said about you, I just learned the same thing. How on the journals people actually value my comments I make to them, and they all made me feel sooo special when I was having on of my many tantrums. Now that you know how amazing you are, how are you gonna act now??? HMM??? Hopefull not like "Satine" who was too good to talk to us!!

Nah just kidding Satine, dont want my butt kicked, just trying to make jokes today to make up for about 30 lines ago!

Faye- I dont remember what you said last time except for the suggestions to me (that figures huh?) Me, Me, me! Well anyway, thanks I"m gonna try that, my parents are both diabetic, so when I get there I'll get them to check my sugar....dont wanna pay 75 dollars just to get it checked at the Dr.

Well Mirabelly, sorry about the pastel thing...but I have been here all this time and didnt even know those colors were on there!!! DUH!! But I"m over it now!!!

Well I must go and get my daughter to sleep so I can attempt to exercise. Guess I'll do aerobics first then treadmill. If I can't finish the whole treadmill thingy, I could do the rest later. Oh well, Bye everyone!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:57 PM   #9  

Hello Everyone!

Sounds like ups and downs around here. I got up in a great mood myself. I think it is because I have been sleeping so much better for the past 4 or 5 nights. I have terrible sleeping problems so a few nights of good sleep makes all the difference. I think I'm sleeping better because I'm walking everyday.

I haven't been weighing myself. I decided not to let myself get in the trap of letting the scale decide my moods or determination to continue on-plan. But the plus side is I know I've lost weight. I can tell in my clothes and face. My underwear seem to be getting bigger. I always have that illusion that the underwear are growing instead of me shrinking lol. My jeans are quite a bit bigger as well so....I'm a happy camper.

I'm sitting here watching my parakeet, Peeve, and I think he is having set with the little copper bell in his cage lol. Now that is depressing, he's getting more than I am lol.

Oh, I had a 3 point day yesterday. Should have a 4 point today. I have to walk to the store to get some food so that will give me my exercise. It's about 2 1/2 miles round trip. I feel like I'm in the army walking home with a full backpack on my back lol.

Jaymi - My advice for what's it worth. Lighen up and stop being so hard on yourself. There are enough people in the world that will be happy to make your life a misery, don't do it to yourself. Hope your day improves.

Mscat - Sorry to hear you're sick. I hate to say it but I haven't been sick, not even a cold, for over a year. Okay, I know I'm asking for it now lol. As I say, I can't catch a cold, I'm not fast enough lol.

Well, on that note I think I will get my rear-in-gear and get out the door.

I hope everyone has a great day! Oh and congrats to the losers, and yes that's you as well Jaymi. A pound is a pound, don't make it less than it is!

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:14 PM   #10  

Faye
Carri
Beth

LBS DOWN SO FAR: 6 TOTAL, JAYMI 1, CARRI 1, FAYE 4

Julie: I forgot to gived you some movie choices so I hope it isn't too late. Uptown Girls is great as is Calendar Girls, both which came out recently. If the kids are involved Cheaper by the Dozen with Steve Martin is wonderful even if you are alone it is a great movie, Miracle just came out and is superb, I just finished watching Out of Time with Denzel Washington and it is pretty good, Love Actually is good too, Stuck on you is kind of stupid but it is ok, The Missing with Tommy Lee Jones is good and Intolerable Cruelty is ok just because cutey pie Clooney is in the movie, Radio, Under the Tuscan Sun are both excellent and I could go on. (btw, I have a Netflix account that is why I have seen all these new movie releases! ) Hope you enjoy some of them like I did.

Everyone have a great afternoon and weekend for those of you who don't post during the weekend!

Sarah: Did you desert us already?
Faye
Old 05-21-2004, 02:33 PM   #11  
It is what it is...

Afternoon -

Jaymi - Now see I knew I was gonna get attitude for not acknowledging everyone, ha ha C'Mon I can take it girl.....We both lost one pound this week, yeah us!! I like it better when I lose 2 but I am going to take the one as an accomplishment and so should you...It is true what you said, other people are going through horrible things right now with thier health or families, you should be thankful for what you do have instead of dwelling on all of the "me" negatives...you can turn it around A pound is a pound is a pound

MsCat - Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, get well soon!!!!

Faye - Good job on the 4 pounds, I can hear Twoterville calling for you!!!

Susan - That would be interesting to find out what people think...I sometimes have trouble making friends because of my "intimidating" factor, or so I am told. My problem is I am too honest, say what I feel w/o thinking about it first...foot in mouth syndrome ha ha

Julie - Movies huh, lets see...of the new ones I am not sure, of course I have million older ones I would suggest , Moulin Rouge, Moonstruck, When Harry Met Sally, Stella, and I love scary movies like Candyman, Texas Chainsaw, 28 Days Later, of course those aren't chic flicks, but I am not really a chick flick kind of girl...enjoy yourself!!!

Beth - Peeve is the birds name? As in your "Pet" Peeve?
Sorry couldnt resist, I am such a cornball

Everyone else, have a great weekend since I probably wont check in, got alot to do this weekend, later
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:10 PM   #12  

Default Happy Friday!!!!

Even though I felt crappy this a.m. from my cold - I practiced one of my favorite philosophies of life. I call it DIA - which stands for Do It Anyway. I learned about this from my Landmark Forum when our leader challenged us to do at least one thing everyday just because we had the thought of not wanting to do it.

Believe me I did not want to do my 5k training today, but I suited up and Did it anyway! I walked/jogged 3 miles in an hour! I had a breakfast this a.m., chicken and salad for lunch, and now finishing up 48 oz of water. One more meal and 48 more oz and I will be a 4 pointer for the day But best of all - got on the scale after my run and I am down from 232 on Monday to 227!!!! Is that 6 lbs or what????
Satine, Beth, Scuzin, Jaymi for the well wishes - your good thoughts have great healing power

Jaymi - check out landmarkeducation.com and call your local office to attend a free introduction - it has changed my life - I already thought I was a positive and resilient person before I attended the forum. Now there is nothing that gets me down. Since the classes I have become fully aware of the incredible person I am and to recognize the extraordinary in everyone around me - even those who I don't like. You are a precious gift to everyone you come into contact with - your family, friends, co-workers, us. You would not talk to someone you love the way you talk to and about yourself. So stop it - and let me remind you how incredible you are! I was glad to see you acknowlege that there are others who are more unfortunate - just keep reminding yourself - your glass is always halful - rather than half empty.

Off my soap box and into that long awaited tub and a book I have promised myself. Have a great weekend, chickies!

mscat sw238/cw227/gw140
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:14 PM   #13  

Carri - yes as in pet peeve...that's why I named him Peeve...so I could say, "this is my pet Peeve"...yes, I need a life lol.

I made it to the store and back, but bought too much. I felt like I was in the Army with an 80 lb pack on my back walking home, but it wasn't too bad. It was hot. I will be complaining about the heat until December so you might as well get used to it lol.

I have to say that it didn't seem as bad today, but then there was a breeze. I also noticed that the walk to the store was easier. I must be getting in a little better shape, which is really cool. Although I was still a sweaty mess when I got home.

Well, just thought I would check in so I guess that's all I have for the moment.

Oh, I just noticed the lbs down. Way to go Faye!

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:46 PM   #14  

Way to Go all you LOSERS!!!

"pet Peeve" OMG!! ROFLMAO~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie
Old 05-22-2004, 12:02 AM   #15  

Height: 5 foot

Ok well I've picked myself up and gotten back on track...but before I go there.....

Ok I dont remember exactly who I discussed this with but We all were interested in the NCC...NO CRAP CHALLENGE! Anyone who wants to start it let me know. I guess it would have to be Monday. Some people do it by the week, others by the month. I prefer weekly. Any one who's interested let me know.

We arent gonna get the truck so...whatever. We'll look somewhere else.

Ok I'm going to try and change my whole attitude. I want to make some new goals in my life.

1. Be a better wife
2. Be a better mom
3. Be a better "me"

I'm going to need you guys support because If I start slipping up, I want you to fuss at me. Dont show me mercy!! I know better.

Also, my weight goals will remain also. But If i dont lose, or even if I gain, I will be fine because I will know that I have done the best that I could possibly do.

And I wanna feel that way about everything I do! Ok, my hubby wants to take a ride while we talk, so will come back later and comment on you all.

Lots of Luv to all of U,

Jaymi

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 05-22-2004 at 12:06 AM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote