Old 05-21-2004, 11:46 AM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 21

Another week gone, huh?

Seems to me things are on a pretty good roll in my life with my diet/exercise.

Here are my new goals until further notice:

1. Drop 4.4 pounds by June 9th. Three weeks, should be a reasonable goal. That will put me down 30, 18 since hubby left.
2. Drop a total of 50 by my surgery date of August 11th. That is 24.4 more pounds in 12 weeks. Might be a big aggressive, but would be wonderful to attain.
3. Be under 200 by my birthday. That is 29.4 pounds, in 23 weeks. This is quite an attainable goal.
4. Lose 2 pounds a week for the rest of the year. This is my most aggressive goal, and I don't know that it will happen. Some weeks more, some weeks less, but that is in 32 weeks, so a total of 64 more lost if I can stick to it. That would put me at 161, almost goal.

Jolly: Great job on following through with your dinner plans. Funny, I brought my lunch today and have to run to the bank at lunch. I was going to run through McD's and get a salad, but maybe I will just bring what I brought for lunch.

Dan: We are hoping you are still with us!

Chequita: Have a great weekend.

I'm going to help a friend move this weekend. Should be a lot of exercise, so we shall see! Hopefully I'll get some rest this weekend...I doubt it, though.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:45 PM   #2  

Another week gone. My goals continue to be 1) have an average loss of 2 pounds a week 2) continuing with the weights, regular workouts, and water, and 3) doing my yoga tape once a week. If I can do this, I will be under 200 by Christmas, and at goal weight by next spring.

Here's to a good, binge free weekend.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:41 PM   #3  

Hey y'all. sure get's lonely here over the weekend. Chachee, hope the moving is going well. So far, so good here. Though, I need to learn to measure my pasta portions. Otherwise, doing well. Smaller loss this week, but I did have a few things I shouldn't , and with the cold, wasn't working out as hard as I should. Hey, as long as it goes down, eh?

Hope eveyrone is doing well, and I hear from someone soon.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:41 PM   #4  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Everyone!

Moving was very strenuous, but a very good workout. Four hours, yes 4, of lifting up and down stairs. I was sweating more than I have in a long time. As a result, gained some muscle and was a little heavier on the scales this morning. I also understand that I have had two very good weeks for a loss, so my body needs to adjust a little to it.

I have had a very bad sweet tooth these last couple of days. Attended a bbq last night after moving, and was very tempted by all the baked ziti and cake. I had just about one cup of the ziti and then resisted the cake and had another portion of the fruit salad. It was tough, though.

Jolly: I thought you weighed on Mondays? If not, my brain is malfunctioning. Remember what a huge loss you had last week, so expect your body to adjust a little. That is what mine is doing right now. Just keep with it. I struggle with pasta, also, because I was always taught to have a huge plate of it and that was dinner. Now, like yesterday, I try to gauge one cup's worth and start with that. Give me pizza and pasta all day and I'd be your best friend.

Made a soda cake to help with the sweet tooth. I can usually have one slice of that a day and it calms the cravings.

Have a great Monday and good luck to all that weigh in on that day.

Hi Dan and Chequita.

Chach
Old 05-24-2004, 08:48 AM   #5  

Good morning. I do weigh in on Mondays, Chachee. I just like to hop on once in awhile during the week to "see how I am doing." Well, weigh in did not go great this morning. Due to not working out real hard while sick last week, and some bad food choices over the weekend, I stayed the same. Well, here is to a better week. I really need to remember to control my environment better, and just not give myself access to junk food. Anyway. I did work out this weekend. Still found time for some "bonding" with my couch, but got everything else done I needed to as well. Except my yoga tape. Was getting ready to throw it in before bed last night, when we had to go to the basement due to the weather.

Glad you had a moving workout, Chachee. HEre's to a great week for both of us.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:30 PM   #6  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello, Dan and Chequita??? Don't make me send out an APB for you all!

Jolly: Glad you were able to get some "be one with the couch" time. I got a little bit of that yesterday, but not too much. Kinda hard with two puppies and a 2 year old. Did a little grocery shopping, but was pretty much a slug. I think it's okay, as I am hardcore six of seven days a week. You did well staying the same. Hopefully I will do the same, and not gain this week.

I checked out my "goal" weight on WW online. I was wrong on the weight. I thought it was 130. Nope, my goal weight range is 131-159. That made me feel good, as I was not ever thinking I would make a 130 goal. Give me hope, and only 75 pounds away from the midrange.

Okay, hope everything goes well for us this week.

Chach
Old 05-25-2004, 06:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Hi, everybody. Quick check-in here. Sorry to have stayed away so long, but I am still with you, Chach! I was at a wedding in Kansas City this past weekend. Good to see so many relatives that I hadn't seen for so long, and KC was a great city. The diet, unfortunately, went straight out the window for 3 days. I was surprised at how much damage was done on the scale - more than 5 pounds! Too much bourbon and fine KC BBQ. But, if it went on that quickly, it should come off just as quick, and I am back on track now and hoping to be back to where I was by the weekend.

Chach: it seems to me that you handled that BBQ pretty well! You are doing so well; your husband will be in for quite a surprise when he gets back!

Jolly: sometimes staying even is a victory (witness my weekend!) Glad you're back on track, and I'm hoping I can keep up your pace!
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:25 AM   #8  

Quick update: I took a peek at the scale just after posting, and 4 of those 5 pounds have vanished - talk about a water weight gain and loss! I've adjusted my goal for the week - - I should be able to drop a couple of pounds.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:57 AM   #9  

Hurray Dan. And welcome back. We missed you. Glad you had a good time at the wedding. I had a minor setback last night. I think I had a delayed reaction mini meltdown yesterday. Some stuff came up at work, and I really overreacted. (luckily, only in the privacy of my car and home.) But, I stopped at the store, picked up some junk, and binged last night. Got one of those baguettes I love, and a package of scalloped potatoes, and ate the whole thing. I know it was wrong. I know it won't change anything. I was just feeling like nobody loved me and everybody hated me, and I reverted to old habits. AFter a short night sleep, a lot of prayer, and a killer spin class this morning (tried it for the first time - WOW), I feel better and am back on course. So, here's to a GREAT week. Good luck at weigh in, Chachee.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:13 AM   #10  

ok, i didn't have a great weekend of end of last week for that matter. just couldn't get motivated or anything accomplished, or at least it felt like it. still at 293 lbs., but i did get up monday morning more motivated than ever. SO, I AM BACK!!!!! hope everyone is doing great, i really don't have the time to read your posts, but i will later.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 11:47 AM   #11  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Yay!!! All my friends are back. Let me cancel that APB....okay, it's done.

Jolly: Girl, emotional eating is my downfall also. I get that way when I am upset or stressed. You got back on track, worked out, and understood why it happened. That is an important step! Please know there are three people here who care for and about you. It's hard to not give into the temptation, though. I sure know that.

Dan: Yum, BBQ, huh? I've never been to KC. I'd love to see it, though. Never really have seen much of the middle America. West coast and East coast only. Hope to be able to travel as I get older. Glad 4 of the 5 have come off. Are you still doing SBD?

Chequita: Welcome back. Glad you are still down on the scale. Seems like we have all hit a little stumbling block.

I am recovering from my salt attack this last weekend. Already shed the two extra pounds I had put on. Going to be a good girl again today and hopefully weigh in tomorrow will show another loss. I'm not hoping for a big number, as I have got those the last two weeks. Just a loss will be fine.

Have a great day!

Chach
Old 05-26-2004, 09:15 AM   #12  

Hi all. BBQ? Mmmmmmm. That sounds so good. Must do grocery shopping. Chequita, welcome back. Hope things are going well.

Well, I need a few more kicks in the bum. I am starting to get things together, but still need to get the eating back under better control.

Take care all, and have a wonderful day!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:42 PM   #13  

KC was beautiful, Chach. Never saw a city w/ so many fountains. Someone told me that it had more working fountains than Rome.

The BBQ was real, real good. They don't put sauce on it there, but instead smoke the meat w/ a spice rub. The sauce is served on the side or put on just before serving, not when cooking.

Jolly: good bounce back.

Dropped the last of the 5 lbs gained over misbegotten but not regretted weekend. Time to get SERIOUS.

Be well, all

Dan

Last edited by dannyb; 05-26-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:07 AM   #14  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All!

Weigh in went well, again, tonight. I think I'm on a roll, or getting rid of one around my tummy! Down 2.2 to 227.2. Total loss since joining WW Feb 18th is 27.8. Slow but sure!

Next goal: get rid of the other 2.2 in the next 2 weeks before hubby gets home. That will be the 30 pound mark. PMS and TOM coming, so might be kinda tough, but I'll try hard!

Dan: Great job on losing the 5. Is your interim goal still the same?

Jolly: *kicks left foot high above her head* *gets a good side kick with the right leg* Don't forget, I did Taebo for several years, so my kicking and jabbing is awesome! GET BACK ON TRACK! Okay, that's about it for me being mean. Pick self up, dust off bad vibes, concentrate on skinny vibes, go forth and conquer. If I can do it, you can too!

Chequita: Hi and hope things are going well!

Two weeks from Friday and hubby will be home. Yay!

Chach
Old 05-27-2004, 10:58 AM   #15  

Thanks for the kicks, Chachee. I will hunt down those skinny vibes! And congrats on the loss. You are doing great, and I know you can reach your goal before hubby comes home. You rock.