Old 05-14-2004, 11:58 AM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 20

Hi All! Welcome to Week 20!

I'm on goal for everything right now, so just gonna keep doing what I have been doing and hope it's successful.

Jolly: We watched Scooby Doo and Rolie Polie Olie. Big fun, huh? At least I got my laundry and cleaning done.

It's a good thing, because my friend just went into labor today. She's high risk, so they are going to take the baby this weekend. I've got someone to watch my son tonight, and I will be staying with her and her husband until the baby gets here. I'm under strict orders not to leave her side, as they have no family or anyone up here to help them. They're scared and I understand why.

I'm going to go there and if they want me to go home and get some rest, then I will go and get their house cleaned and everything ready for the baby to come home. Do any kind of shopping that needs to be done, etc.

So, off I go and will have a new little one to cuddle with this weekend!

Take care!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:50 PM   #2  

Hope all goes well with the little one. YOu are a great friend. Take care and have a good weekend.

My goals for this week are to continue the path I am on. To think before I eat. And to not gain any weight the following week (after weigh in Monday. I still want a loss this MOnday.)

Have a great weekend all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:31 PM   #3  

hope everyone is having a great friday. chachee i am keeping your friend in my prayers. hope everything goes well. i, too, feel that my path is going great so no changes for the upcoming week. have a great weekend.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:12 AM   #4  

Hey everyone. Where is everyone???? I hope you are all having a good weekend. I am a bit worried about the scale MOnday. I made lasagna for the weekend, and had a (small) blizzard from DQ yesterday. We shall see if I pay for it. Chachee, I hope your friend and family are doing ok.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:43 PM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello All!

The baby, D'Metri, came Friday night at 11:43 pm--after two hours of hard pushing, and the use of foreceps. He was 9 pounds, 3 ounces and 21 3/4 inches long. A BIG BABY! And he was 4 weeks early! Can you imagine how big he would have been if he went full term?

I came home Saturday morning and cleaned their house and am doing their laundry. I'm on my 8th and 9th loads, and have about 3 more to go.

I have a horrible cold right now, but I know it's because I have let myself get run-down. Not eating enough (imagine that) and not very much sleep. I'm going to be a slug today and relax and watch tv.

I tried one of those Fiesta salads at McDonalds yesterday. It was really good. Came with a bottle of water and a pedometer. I'm excited about that. It was like and adult Happy Meal!

I am down 11.5 pounds since my hubby left for Thailand. He will be back a week early, yay, on June 5th. I'm so excited!

Jolly: You should be okay, just get lots of water in and so some working out.

I think we are all doing very well, just need to continue on our good paths!

Good luck on Monday with your weigh ins, ladies. Hi Dan! Hope SBD is still working for you.

Chach
Old 05-16-2004, 04:58 PM   #6  

Thanks Chachee. Congrats on the baby. YOu are a great friend. and I am glad your hubby will be home early. With a great weight loss, too. You are an inspiration. I hear you on the cold. I am hacking up a lung right now too. Take care of yourself.

Here's to a great week for everyone
Old 05-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #7  

Hey everyone!

I did my weigh in this morning, and was down 5 pounds. Woo hoo. I feel good (dududududududu) I knew that I would now.

Actually, I still have my cold, and feel like hammered poo. But, I did 40 minutes on the bike this morning.

Chachee, hope you are feeling better. Chequita, where are you????? Dan??? Everyone??

Last edited by jollygirl; 05-18-2004 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:26 AM   #8  

OK. Now I am feeling lonely. Where is everyone? Chachee? Chequita? Dan? Anybody??????

I still have this cold lingering. It makes it harder to stick to good choices, but overall, I have been doing ok. I am really trying. And still working out, just a little lighter.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:07 PM   #9  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Everyone.

Sorry, Jolly, been really busy with house warranty issues. Going to meet with the contractor in a few minutes at home to get things fixed/replaced. Work is chaotic also!

Glad you are still on track, despite your cold. You know, I was thinking about the other thread and what someone said to you about when you said you needed some positive reinforcement. That is what we are all here for, and the fact she maybe took it a little far is bad. Don't let it get you down. We all have those weeks where we slip a little, but you know what? You didn't have the large size, you stuck with the small, so I am really proud of you.

I'm doing well. Enjoying my new pedometer from McD's. It's fun to see how much I am moving these days.

Hopefully tomorrow will be another good weigh in for me!

Chach
Old 05-18-2004, 09:03 PM   #10  

Thanks Chachee. Good luck with the warranty issues. What's up with the house? Good luck with weigh in tomorrow. I just know you won't need your bat.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:46 AM   #11  

sorry i have been awol for the last couple of days. just been real busy. i am about ready to throw my scales out in the yard. i maintained this week. no loss, or not by the scales anyway. i can tell my whole body composition is changing, because of all the exercise. i am still losing inches. my clothes are falling off of me, so i really don't have anything to complain about, it's just, well, i like to see the lbs. go down on the scale. i also wish that i could stay off of them during the week, i am always getting on for just a peek, and then it discourages me. i may get rid of them alltogether. well so much for my rant. how did everyone's weekend go? hope you all have a great hump day.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #12  

Hey, Chequita. Glad to hear from you. I know how frustrating the scale can be. But a "stay the same" is better than a gain. Especially if you're clothes are getting looser. Are you doing weight training? Is it your TOM? There are so many things that can show up on the scale. I like your idea of throwing out (or at least locking up) the scale. As long as you know you are making good choices, give it a vacation. Send it to Florida maybe???? Maybe it could meet a digital, and make little baby food scales?
Old 05-19-2004, 11:51 PM   #13  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello All!

Okay, check it out.....I DID IT!!!! I lost 3 more pounds this last week for a total of 25.6!! I made my 10% goal, got another 5 pound star, got a 25 pound magnet, and am halfway to where I wanted to be by the end of the year. ALL IN THREE MONTHS TO THE DATE!! HAPPY HAPPY DAY!

My situation last night was horrible. The friends I cleaned house and did their laundry for, the ones who just had the baby, are mad at me for what I did. The wife said she doesn't like people coming into her house and moving stuff. The husband said he doesn't like other people doing his laundry. I was so hurt by that and all the time I spent over there making sure it was clean for them to come home to. Felt like I was slapped in the face. I came home after that and was going to eat eat eat. I got a glass of water, logged onto the WW panic chat and got some support. It brought me to tears, and that DOES NOT happen very often. I wasn't implying they didn't keep a clean house or that they were not able to do it themselves, I just thought it would be nice for them to come home and not have to worry about the house with a brand new baby.

So, I am doing my own thing, staying low and going about my business. I am going to write it off to immaturity (they are 23) and maybe the Baby Blues, but if it continues, I'll have a talk with both of them and let them know what my intentions were. That will be it and they can decide if they want to continue our friendship. I don't need ungrateful hurtful and rude friends.

I am okay today, just a little bummed, until my weigh in was tonight. Made me very proud of myself and my accomplishments!

Jolly: I'm going to send my scale to Florida. I think it's a great idea! You crack me up. We had a lot of cracks and cabinet issues, so they finally came and addressed them. Some of my cabinets were not even secured to a stud! Man!

Chequita: Plateaus come and go. This may be one for you and it's hard, because that is when you just have to ride it out. Look at how good you have done so far! Just remember, it will come off, just give it some time for your body to adjust!

Dan: WHERE ARE YOU???? We need ya!

Okay, going to log in my results on WW online. Have a great night!

Chach

Chach
Old 05-20-2004, 09:33 AM   #14  

Way to go Chachee. I think you need to send your bat to Florida to. It is retired! I am so happy for you.

Also, huge KUDOS for resisting the urge to eat last night. I know how hard it is, and how easy it is to want to eat when you are hurt/upset. You did a wonderful thing for your friends. You are right that it is probably just baby stress, etc. But it is still not easy when they respond like that. So, I am glad you didn't let their behavior affect yours. You are doing great. You deserve it!

Have a great day all.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:13 PM   #15  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi everyone.

Jolly: Thank you for your congrats. I am so happy! I have set a few aggressive goals for myself for the next few months. I won't be disappointed if I don't make them, because they are aggresive, but would like to give it a good go.

Here are my new goals until further notice:

1. Drop 4.4 pounds by June 9th. Three weeks, should be a reasonable goal. That will put me down 30, 18 since hubby left.
2. Drop a total of 50 by my surgery date of August 11th. That is 24.4 more pounds in 12 weeks. Might be a big aggressive, but would be wonderful to attain.
3. Be under 200 by my birthday. That is 29.4 pounds, in 23 weeks. This is quite an attainable goal.
4. Lose 2 pounds a week for the rest of the year. This is my most aggressive goal, and I don't know that it will happen. Some weeks more, some weeks less, but that is in 32 weeks, so a total of 64 more lost if I can stick to it. That would put me at 161, almost goal.

I know the closer I get to goal, the slower it's going to come off, but I honestly don't expect to reach that last goal, but I feel you should set several goals to reach--some aggressive, some moderate, some realistic, some very low.

I'm motivated, as I now am wearing a blazer I have never worn in the 8 years since I first purchased it. It's a 16 and it fits. I am getting a lot of compliments today, so I think it's beginning to be very noticeable. Yay!

Have a wonderful day, everyone, and talk to you later.

Chach