Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 10:42 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Thought I'd start the new thread, since Mrs. Refman is still on her Honeymoon!!

Although I don't have much intelligent to say today! I'm tired...more like exhausted. The DC (Darn Cat) kept me up half the night! Why do they not understand that it's bedtime, not playtime?! UGH!!

I forgot to WI this AM...heck it was enough that I dragged myself up and showered and got to work!! Will have to remember for tomorrow.

Have a great day all!!
Old 05-21-2001, 11:40 AM   #2  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Monday everyone!! Three day weekend on the way!!!!!

Nothin' much to report. Stayed the same this week (which is better than I had been doing the last few weeks).

Started working on the land on Saturday. I ATV'd around behind my stepfather on his tractor and cleared out where my house will go and my driveway. Now I need to start moving rocks. We literally grow rocks around here (they appear out of the ground where none were before) and the dust/sand is over 6 inches deep... ug - there's work to be done!!!

Have a great week everyone!!

Terri
Old 05-21-2001, 02:20 PM   #3  

Hi all

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I went to my parents' house Saturday. We threw a going away party for a couple that's moving to Las Vegas. It was fun, but I was wiped by the time we got back home yesterday, so basically got nothing accomplished around the house this weekend at all.

I've told DH I don't want to make any plans for this coming weekend. I will probably do some stuff around the house, and if a spur of the moment cook-out or something comes up fine, but my only PLAN for the weekend is to spend at least a couple of hours laying out in the sun on the deck and getting my legs something other than lily white! *L* Well, I do have to get some long walks in too, but that's a given these days I guess.

Lauren - hope the official weigh-in is as good as the "peek" last week!

Not much else to say at the moment. Have a great day all!

LE
Old 05-21-2001, 07:09 PM   #4  

hi all. Had a nice weekend and thought I 'd take a few moments to catch up. I'm now at 315.5 miles - although our mile-watcher is still gone! Doing fine on points this week - hooray.

Elisa - hooray for the gym!

Legal - welcome back. great to hear from you.

Lauren - yes, they are expensive - but I love them! They're cheaper at Walmart than at my grocery store. Good luck at that weigh in!

BFB - good luck getting back on track. That is the never- ending struggle.

happy - congrats on your loss.

have to run - Rabbit
Old 05-22-2001, 10:15 AM   #5  
LBH

Hi All,

OK, bad news, gained .5! That'll learn me to be sneaking a WI mid-week!!

Rabbit- You must have one of those Super Wal-Marts, or whatever they're called, with the food? I was in one of those in Florida and I wish they had one by us!! Maybe I will send them an email telling them so! Their prices are great.

LE- DH and I were gonna go away, but with gas prices the way they are, we decided to stick around home. The pool in our complex is opening this weekend, so hopefully if it gets nice we'll get to go hang out at the pool. Or we may take a ride to Pa. and shop or something, if it's nice out. That's less than an hour away.

Terri- At the rate you're going, you will have that house up by the end of summer!! WooHoo!!

Have a great day all!
Old 05-22-2001, 12:41 PM   #6  

Hi all. Tuesday and still going strong. Sure hope I have a loss again on Thursday night!

LBH - yes we do have a super walmart. It's new here and it is great!

Rabbit
Old 05-22-2001, 06:19 PM   #7  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all...

What a week it's been - and it's only Tuesday!!!

Pacific Power came out and said electricity to my land will cost $4500-5000. That's twice what I figured it would be! My stepfather said it's a very, very high estimate. Ooooh, let's hope so...

I'm off to buy some ceiling fans (with remotes!) for the house. The house people want almost $200 for a fan I can buy at Target for $50....

Eating has been so-so. I'm going to have to get out and "kill" some of my rocks to get rid of some of the stress!

LBH - Sorry 'bout the gain! I HATE it when it looks like a loss then your body tricks you! As for moving date - I'm planning on moving around the end of August... Not much later than that though (we start to get snow in October sometimes). So yea, this is all going to happen really fast...

Till later,

Terri
Old 05-23-2001, 08:44 AM   #8  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello from Belgium
The honeymoon has been fabulous:Croissants; Nutella; more croissantsetc;etc; They even put Tobblarone chocolate on your pillow at night:::
We have walked the streets of Paris; toured the castles of Germany, viewed the Alps of Switzerland; Austria; Belgium and tomorrow to England; Well marriage to Refman is the dream I thought and cant wait to continue it at home::Hello to all; I will catch up reading later
Mrs RoadRunner
Old 05-23-2001, 10:51 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

Mrs. RR- Nice to hear from you!! Glad you're having a great time, can't wait til you get back to hear all about it!!!

OK, I feel like I'm about to spiral out of control. I was horrible last night. I had to go to DMV after work and get my name and address changed and a new license. I was starving when I left here, so I stopped at BK...knowing darn well that it was a bad idea. Then today on my way to work, I was starving, so I dug into the chocolate covered cashews that I bought at Harmon yesterday...knowing it was bad. I haven't even calculated the points for that. I have to get my motivation/willpower back soon, like now!! Otherwise I'm gonna have another gain next Monday!! AAHHH

Rabbit- I sent Wal*Mart an email yesterday asking them where the closest super center was to me, and if they were considering either making the existing one a supercenter, or building another store that's a supercenter around me. They sent me an email back the same day saying that the closest one is in East Stroudsburg, PA, 25 miles away from me, and that they were forwarding my idea/request to the real estate dept. for review, and they would get back to me soon. I was pretty impressed with how quickly they got back to me.

Terri- Wow, that's a lot of money, hopefully that's a very high estimate. I don't blame you for going to Target for ceiling fans either!! $200. is crazy!!

OK, time to look busy! Have a great day all!
Old 05-23-2001, 12:42 PM   #10  

hi all. Wednesday and still going well. I sure hope I get that loss tomorrow night!

Sure not many posts so far this week! Great to hear from Mrs RR though.

Lauren - that is remarkable that you got such a fast response! And remember, you are stronger than the cashews. . .

Rabbit
Old 05-23-2001, 01:17 PM   #11  
Pink Thingy

Default I am stronger than paprkia pringles.....

no I am not - I have been doing cr*p on WW at the moment - and I know I got several transatlantic butt kickings, but they ain't working. I am gonna go and weigh in tomorrow - missed my normal Tuesday meeting and no scales at home) so maybe seeing the big number will shake up my system.

Hope everyone is well and still trying to stay with it - it would be so easy to quit - I may be down, but I am not out
Old 05-23-2001, 05:53 PM   #12  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hi to everyone...

Can I join your little group? You all seem like a lot of fun! I post on a few other boards as well, but it looks like pretty much everyone here is following WW, which is what I've gone back to.

I'm a mother of an almost-14 year old boy and a 12 year old girl, still married to the guy I married when I was 19. I just graduated from college with a degree in English and will be teaching school in the Mississippi Delta next year.

I am also fat as a damn house, but I'm working on it. For a while, I was really into the "my size shouldn't matter" bit, but then my size began affecting my health and my enjoyment of daily life and I snapped back to reality. I joined WW last Friday at 218.5 lbs. I know they tell you that you shouldn't set a goal weight until you've lost that first 10%, but I already know my goal is 148 - the very top of the Lifetime Member eligibility range for women 5'6" tall.

Since I finished school and quit my last job, I'm at loose ends and rediscovering what I like to do with my free time! Lately, I've been digging out from under the disaster area that is my house, but I also enjoy cross-stitching (counted, not stamped), watching football (esp. SEC College football), and writing short stories. For exercise, I like to run (but I'm not very good at it ), walk, and mountain bike.

So now that I've told you my life story...

Jennelle
Old 05-23-2001, 06:26 PM   #13  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all!

Seems the "hellish" Monday and Tuesday were because the rest of the week is gonna be dead. Yeah!!!! I love holiday weeks, even though it's not good for business...

Jennelle - Welcome to the group!!! I'm a WW person too, slowly trying to get back into gear after a vacation free-for-all a few weeks ago. Ug.

I found out today that my friend's pregnant cat is probably going to give birth in the next day or so. I'm gonna be a multi-toed kitty Momma!!!

That's all for now - time to go home and rest up for the final Star Trek tonight (such an old fart when staying up 'till 10pm is tough).

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 05-23-2001 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2001, 06:54 PM   #14  
A princess in the making!

Well sorry I have been MIA so far this week. I log on at work, but it keeps saying I don't exist. Believe me for as much of me that there is. I DO EXSIST!!

Jenelle-Congrads on your acomplishments. You should be so proud of yourself. I am a single mom of 1 boy who is 9.5 and I just graduated last year with a degree in Communications. So I understand the house thing. Mine was always a mess. Oh wait it is a mess right now too. OH WELL!!!

I went to weigh in on Tues and lost .2. At first I was upset until I looked at my book. I have lost 14lbs this month. So I guess my body needs a momment or two to catch up. I now go to meetings on Tues at lunch. Much easier and no kid to bring.

LBH-Keep working at it. It will happen. I struggled for so long and then boom things just fell in place for me. OH an the trash is moving out of the neighborhood. CAN WE ALL SAY HOT DA--!! I know I have a few times.

Well my sweet potatoes are done and I need to make the fish so we can eat dinner.

Have a great one all

Pyria
Old 05-23-2001, 07:42 PM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!! Sorry I haven't been around this week. It's been a very weird week. Our adminitrator at work passed away over the weekend and things at work have been very strange. Nobody liked him, but it was a shock. I also have a final exam tomorrow that I managed to convince myself was NEXT Thursday. I spent the whole weekend goofing off when I should have been studying. It's open book, so I'm not totally screwed, but I still need to do a little getting ready.

Terri: Thanks for the Star Trek reminder. I just told DH so that he won't forget to watch. I took full credit though!!

Lauren: YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Drop the nuts and step slowly, no make that run quickly , away from the bowl..............................

I just found out that my brother will be coming to see me in August and I'm so excited!! I can hardly wait. They've never been here because my brother hates to fly. DH is buying them tickets as a gift to me, so his wife was able to talk him into coming.

OK, gotta go study. Have a great evening all!!

Closed Thread