Old 05-16-2004, 09:04 PM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay at home mom's #172

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:08 PM   #2  
SAHM of 3

I didn't look at the last thread title, I thought it was 171 so I hope this is right.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you all that I have finally gotten in about 3 glasses of water so far. I walked for 20 minutes and did some of those weights in FIL shop, but only arms, which need it badly and a few minutes on a stair stepper. My arms and legs are sore but I feel good.
I finally got some laundry put away, kitchen cleaned and so on. I'm waiting for the final Practice at 9pm, so I won't post again tonite. I hope you all had a great Sunday and weekend and I wish all a well Monday.

TTYL
Old 05-16-2004, 09:15 PM   #3  

Michelle - You are a wonder mom! I am so glad you are here with us today. I think it is probably a good idea for you to adopt, if you want anymore. I would love to get a little girl from Vietnam, my mom is from there. Preg was pretty easy for me, had an emergency c-section. The cord was around his neck and dh did not get to see him. But even labor was not as painful as I thought it would be. Oh, back to weight loss. I have a hard time eating throughout the day as well. I end of eating too much at night and feeling yuck. With the summer coming it will be easier to get fresh fruits, so hopefully that will help.

Leigh - JW loves the water, we got it on video! We went back today. MIL/FIL are going to be sick of us by the end of the summer. I don't feel comfortable taking him alone, so we won't be there everyday. But it looks like he has my skin coloring, I lathered him with sunscreen and he got a cute little tan.

Pattie - How is Jenny Craig's program? Do you have to buy the foods? I am on LA Weight Loss and I use there bars, but due to nursing I am not forced to buy all the other supplements. Hope it is working for you. Good Luck!

Penny - Congrats on giving away the 3 pounds. I hope some of it is due to weaning, at least I will think that to keep up my motivation. I am down to two feedings a day. He does not seem to mind.

Crystal - Great plan on buying the smaller sizes it is such a good feeling. The last couple of weeks, I have gotten into some of my old church dresses. Still a little snug in the chest, but at least I have an excuse for that.

I will be working tomorrow. Have a great day ladies. Monday's must be the busiest day on here, takes me a while to catch up.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:41 PM   #4  
2BoysMom

Hi again,

Tried to catch up! Congrats to all the losers and maintainers out there.

Misty...BAYLAN's 6 months old??? Wow, that went fast. Tony will be a year on Wednesday .

Hi Pattie, I'm Geri, Mom to Will (3) and Tony (1). This is a great place if you can keep up with it!! LOL We spend a lot of time outside when the weather is nice so I will not be posting all that much (once a day probably) this spring/summer/fall. Winter's another story

WI tomorrow...TOM showed up today so I'll probably stay the same or gain. Oh well.

Don't have the pictures downloaded yet...but have a ton of them..I won't bore you with them all of course. We need to go through all the toys and get rid of some soon. Now there are way too many (like there weren't before???).

OK, I'm sooo tired from playing I have to go to bed. Michelle...6 miles? Crystal-congrats on the exercise...Spryng too..You go girls! Hi to everyone else.

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:48 PM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Afternoon Ladies!

It sounds like everyone is having a great afternoon!

Ok Where do I start....

Ummm... Crystal,
All I gotta say is "WEIGH TO GO"!!!!! You are doing awesome! I am so proud of you! I am so glad you did well at the mall and even more excited that you gotten into a smaller size!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!

Michelle,
I bet your legs are on fire! I bidded on a WATP's tape on ebay but I lost it! Hopefully I can get one this week! Anyhow, I am so glad the girls had a good time today with the painting!

Leigh,
The website wasn't started by me but me, Geri, and Spryng run it now. I hope your ww stuff comes in soon! I know you are excited about it! I know Ginny and Spryng both do ww and they love it! Hope you do too!

Melinda,
That is so cute that JW has a suntan. Do you have any recent pics of him? I would love to see some Hope you have a great day tomorrow

Spryng,
I have been curious about the spagetti squash but can't seem to find it anywhere here. I guess I will have to keep looking. I bought some squash, cucumbers and stuff today at the grocery so it will have to do for now.

Geri,
I am so glad the birthday bash turned out well! I can't wait to hear about it!!!

Misty, Jessi, Cindi, Mary, Pattie, Ginny and hopefully I didn't miss anyone! Where are you!? Get your butts here in gear and post!

Have a great night!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:04 PM   #6  

Hi everyone, I am new here, was surfin the web and found this site. I am at my highest right now of 230.... I am going to TRY to get back on track here starting tomarrow and get this weight off. I hope I can stick to it and get myself back. I am 35 yrs old, married almost 19 yrs now and have Two Beautiful Daughters ages 17 & 15. My Wonderful Husband and I met in High School and have been together ever since. He is a great Guy.. I too have been a stay at home Mom since my Girls were born, I am very happy I have been able to stay home with them, now they keep me busy with High School stuff...LOL. School will be out soon...May 26th, so I will have to find things to keep busy and to keep them busy... I hope you all have a good week and I hope you all don't mind if I post here once in awhile. Take care!
Wishtobethin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:11 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Welcome Wishtobethin35,

We are glad to have you here! Welcome! Im Penny Mom to Hunter, 4.5 , Nicholas 3.5 and Andrew 11 months. I just stopped nursing almost two weeks ago tomorrow..... sniff sniff... Anyhow,

We are always happy to have new faces here! It keeps us movitated and hope it will do the same for you! What type of plan are you on?

Have a great night!
Old 05-16-2004, 11:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
It's late so I don't have time to get personal but I wanted to welcome wishtobethin!!!! I am Spryng, mother of 3. What plan are you on or thinking about? I look forward to getting to know you better.
My evening has been great. I didn't get to make that chili tonight because I realized I forgot to buy a couple ingrediants. But I'll make it tomorrow for sure. So I ordered a pizza for us (don't worry, it fit in with my pts, lol) and that took care of cooking. Then we went outside and Tanner got to swim in his little pool for the first time. (and of course I forgot to take pictures!) He had a blast. Then I played some soccer with the kids. It was alot fun. But now I am beat. I've been dragging most of the day so I am off to bed. Sorry I didn't get personal but I will tomorrow. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:14 PM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Spryng,
Sorry I missed your post!

That is so great that Tanner got to swim in his pool! I bet he had a blast! Does he have a little swimsuit? I use the little swimmers under Andrew's swimsuit and they work pretty well!

Glad you had so much fun! How is the tan holding up? Are you still tanning?
Old 05-16-2004, 11:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good evening Ladies!!

Geri - Yep 6 miles all at once I just played the 3 mile tape twice back to back and while it was difficult I felt great afterwards

Melinda - Lol we're all wonder moms!!! AWww and a tan on your little one how adorable!! Sounds like you had the same problem in labor that I did. JW is just a perfect little angel!!

Penny - oh the painting was fun, I bought Taylor a big poster board so we are going to get it framed and hang it in her room for her! Teagan was giggling and wiggling her toes cuz the paintbrush was tickling her it was cute. How are the boys?

Wishtobethin35 Welcome!!! I am michelle sahm to 2 year old Taylor and 7 month old Teagan both girls . We are about the same weight I'm looking to reach a goal of 140 but hey if I surpass that, that would be wonderful!! I was just reading that you've been married for almost 19 years thats soo great!! Stick around and I"m sure you'll find the support that you need!! What is your plan of action diet? exercise? both? Penny and myself do South Beach and I love it!! Spryng and Ginny and soon to be Leigh do WW. Crystal does calorie counting (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong) so as you can tell we all do something a bit different. But please share with us. Oh, and whats your name?

Well did anyone watch that extreme makeover home edition? Omg I'm now gonna be watching that show on sundays. I just bawled at the end when they revealed the house to this family, it was just Beautiful!! We got one child asleep and we're working on getting Taylor there too lol then hubby and I are gonna watch a movie together . OMG I forgot to mention my horrible neighbor saga continues...they woke us up at 4 am this morning yippin and hollerin outside so I called the cops and they came and gave them a citation!! My sister has a friend that works in one of the title companies here and he is gonna find out who the owner is for me so I can call them and let them know that there is a problem, I'm sad to say that if it continues I will be really tempted to just sell my house and move elsewhere . So hopefully we can get it resolved. Anyway, we got our carpets all shampooed so they look great and the house didnt suffer to bad from the weekend So it won't be difficult to catch up tomorrow. Well I'm gonna go play a game while I wait for Taylor to sleep.

TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

wow what a warm welcome back! thanks so much. it really looks like WW is going to be the way to go. I need to get registered with ebay to make a bid on some material.
i made really good choices today, grilled chicken salad for lunch, olives and cheese for a snack, yogurt and fruit for breakfast. it all went well. first time in months i have had some control. also had a nice walk alone this evening. i use to run alot and bike. but 2 weeks ago that all ended. i had a pretty bad fall and injured my hip and lower back. i pray i'll be able to get back on the bike in a month or so. but probably never run with out pain again.
it will probably take me a few weeks to get back into a groove and get to know everyone.
I can't remember who asked but my goal is around 115# and maintain. i'm 5'4" and thats always been a healthy weight for me. ok now let me try and address some of you...

Spryng, how do you like your van then? I bet its great. i need to upsize my vehicle. 2 door blazer and its tiresome getting a baby carrier in and out. Sounds like you made a good decision. thanks so much for all your help with the WW. i appreciate it so much. i'm pretty excited to learn more and get going. yeah i just read Penny's post... tanning bed? i was gonna ask ya where ya got such a great tan. wow looks great!

Chubba! hey how ya been? wow a year old? do you have a birthday party planned?

Penny i remember you too! the baby is doing great and just growin, oh my gosh he's a little doll! So good to see you still posting here.

wishtobethin35 hi! and welcome! hope you love it here and love to see you posting often.

meltin its nice to meet you. it'll be greatto get to know ya

well i'm sure i missed a few ppl. so hi! to everyone else. can't wait to get caught up and learn everyone's names. its pretty late so i'd better get in the bed. nighters!
K2BMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:40 AM   #12  

TY you all for the warm welcome, My name is DeAnna. I was thinkin on trying the atkins diet, but eatting soooo much protien gets to a person after awhile and I have carb withdrawls, so I am not sure what to try. I will start walking on my tredmill tomarrow, and cut back on my eatting and WATCH what I eat until I can find a plan that will work best for me. What is this South Beach Diet? What can you have on it and is it easier to stick too? I am open to any suggestions. Alls I know is I have to get this weight off. My goal weight is 140 If it goes down more......I WOULD BE THRILLED... I have a long way to go but I know I can do it, and with having this board to come to makes me excited as I already feel there is alot of support here! Well it is getting late so I guess I am off for now, I will post again tomarrow. Take care everyone and Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Wishtobethin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 07:42 AM   #13  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning All

Wow, there were alot of posts but I think I took good notes, or at least hope I did...

Melinda, have a good day at work today.

Geri, sounds like you're doing well and had a fun full sized weekend.

Penny, hi there, glad to hear from you. Hope you have a good week.

Spryng, your day sounded busy, full and fun. Hope you get some rest.

Michelle, so sorry to hear about those neighbors. Sure hope you can get that taken care of. Hope your movie date was fun.

MistyMichele, sounds like your making good choices. That's all it takes.

DeAnna (wishtobethin), Welcome, I'm Crystal, a 26 yo sahm of 3. Alisa is 5 yo, Ally is almost 3 yo, and Andrew is 17 months. So glad you found us and decided to join us. You will get all the support and motivation you need from this group. I've tried several times to lose weight and succeeded part way and then it comes back. So this board has kept me on track the whole time. I've been around for about 2 1/2 months and lost 11 lbs. I know it's slow, but it really is better to lose slow and I see that now. I don't follow a plan, I can't. I count calories and exercise. I've tried Atkins, and WW, but I just simply can't follow a plan, I like to guide myself. Sure hope you find a plan that works for you.

Well, my night was okay. I ended up sleeping on the couch. Andrew woke up at 1030 which was early for him and we layed on the couch and slept all night. I normally would've woken up and put him in his bed but neither of us moved all night. I really think his problem is that at night he has trouble breathing. It hits him at night and it's not that bad but I guess it is to him. I don't know what to do for him. Anyway, today I'm gonna be busy, usually on Monday's I'm not, but am today. I've got to go to the PO, deliver some Watkins and grocery shop, yeah!!!
I hope all of you have a fantastic day and I'll check in later.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Everyone!

I just dropped by for a quick visit. I will visit a little bit longer later today. It's great to see that Misty will be posting with us again. She was in our group when I was a regular poster here about a year ago. Welcome back, Misty!! I look forward to hear an update on your life in the past year! See yah all later, okay? TTFN Oh!, one more thing... I may get daring today and hop on the scale. I haven't hopped on for months because I was afraid of getting depressed with the numbers. I felt a little lighter today, so this is why I may get daring. Tootles!

Last edited by Freckles; 05-17-2004 at 08:21 AM.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:55 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Morning Ladies,

Well Today is a new day and a new week!

Misty,
Great job on staying in control of your choices. We wanna see some pics of the baby! Our babies are growing up so fast Geri, Spryng, and I all have a little boy around the same age..... I can't believe they are turning one already! Hope you have a great day!

Crystal,
I am sorry your nights are so sleepless. I know I have been there for a long time. Hunter and Nicholas are 4 1/2 and 3 1/2 and still wake up once a night. For a couple years they both woke up a couple times a night at different times. They have had sleep apnea and both of their tonsils and adnoids had to be removed at 2years old.

Jackie,
Hey Woman! Where have you been?? You need to get your butt here and post with us Hope the metal monster is kind to you today

Michelle,
Here's to a loss for us this week. I know mine won't be big if I have one at all but you can have a great one this week. You are doing so well in control and I know you will make it! Congrats on all the hard work

DeAnna,
Hi! I am on South Beach. South Beach is a wol that was developed by a cardiologist for people with heart problems to get healthy. It incorporates only your healthy carbs and elimates alll of your white carbs and unhealthy ones. After Phase I which is where you only get your carbs from veggies, you will move to Phase II where you incorporate back your other good carbs such as fruits, wheat and whole wheat foods. Unlike Atkins, you do not consume alot of fat for the day. You use low fat or ff items or lower fat items. I tell you I have been on it for over two months now and I have no cravings for the bad stuff Now that I have rambled enough, hope you find a plan that works for you As long as you are happy that is all that matters! Good Luck!

Well,
Anyhow, We pressure washed all the back of the house that is sided and all the eves, the van, truck, dh's work trailer and boat. We scrubbed the house down with bleach first and then sprayed it. I bought groceries that evening. Needless to say, I had a full day yesterday. I am going to try to run to Target today but it is 25 minutes away so we will see.

BTW, I bought a pair of Old Navy size 10 shorts last night off Ebay. I am in a 12 right now and that is my inspirational shorts....lol I want to be in them before it gets cold. Well, in Louisiana that is usually not until Sept or Oct. I will let you know when I get to put them on!

I am very nervous about tomorrow. It is Andrew's test day. Only time will tell what will happen. I trust that God will guide over us. Anyhow before I get upset.....

Have a wonderful day

Last edited by mompen; 05-17-2004 at 09:02 AM.