Old 05-14-2004, 07:42 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's!!! #170

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Hey girls. Sorry I'm not gonna get personal. I promise, I will tonight. Fridays are my busy busy day. Anyway just wanted to say that the scale hasn't moved, which is GREAT. I had 3 really bad off plan days last weekend and was so afraid I would gain that's why I tried really hard this week. And I'm so glad I didn't gain. I'm still one mark below 200 and that is WONDERFUL.
I hope you all had a great night and have a great Friday. I'll check in later. Alisa is spending the night with her nanny tonight so hopefully my evening won't be as boggled. Being the oldest, she may help sometimes, but others all she likes to do is pick and it makes things worse. Anyway, I'll have more time tonight.
Have a great day.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:29 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Good Morning

TGIF!!!!!!!

Michelle,
I am glad you are doing better! I know it is hard when the metal monster lies to you! I call it lying b/c you know you are doing great and your body knows you are doing great! Sometimes it just takes the scale a little longer to realize that the rest of you guys are not giving up on the war against being overweight.

Crystal,
Hope today is not too stressful for you. Congrats on still being below the 200 mark!

I wanted to address Melinda real quick also,
I'm sry I forgot to answer your question the other day about the breastfeeding and weight. My weight loss was much slower while I was nursing. I stopped nursing Monday before last and I still have milk. I guess it is just going to take awhile. I am not engorged or anything though. And I have been having a TOM since I weaned too. I think it is just from my hormones and my body has got to get back into a groove. Good Luck on weaning later and do it when you are ready!

Well,
I am ready to get my day started! I might go take the kids to have some fun today somewhere. There is a local place here that is just like Chuck e Cheese's and they love it of course! LOL We will see...... depends on how good they are ....... LOL That means we will never get to go.....
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:47 AM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Default Post from yesterday

Hi gals - Spryng helpfully pointed out I posted this in thread 168 not realizing there was a newer thread. But I don't think I've read through 169 yet, so I'll post additional responses later today (after I shower!) But here's the post most of you probably missed:

Hi everyone! Boy did I miss a lot! Posting late today because 1) I had my yearly ("well-woman") exam with my midwife this morning, and 2) my mother is visiting.

Thanks for all the support, Spryng! I ordered an at-home starter kit from ebay. I will start as soon as it arrives. That menu/recipie book sounds wonderful - I'll have to look into it. I'm glad your DH is planning to make healthier choices. That's wonderful and I'll keep him in my prayers too My DH is quite healthy in food choices and working out, so he is a good example for me!

Penny - Aghhh! Hope DH and DS are okay! Good luck with Andrew's tests. Congrats on the weight loss That's a lot of scrapbooking! I envy you - I can only get in a half-hour here or there.

Happy anniversary Geri!

Crystal - glad the getaway planning is going so well. Bet you and DH are excited.

Jackie - It's good that your exercising - that's a wonderful choice. I hope you find the support you need with us . . . I know I do

Michelle - Glad the sleeping arrangements went well. Liam sleeps with us and we really like it, but I can imagine the transition into their own bed is hard. Also, I think it's a good idea to add some kind of weight/resistance to your work out - that usually helps me lose and burns more calories in the long run because it ups your metabolism and all. Glad the neighbors are leaving.

Melinda - glad to hear JW is fine. I had asthma too - I tend to have allergies in general.

Sarah - welcome to WW, I just bought my kit on ebay, so we'll start together What fun! We can update one another on our progress.

Hi, Julie!

Are ya'll watching Dr. Phil today???? I can't wait to see if this is really the end for Marty and Erin!

American Idol note - I agree, Spryng and Michelle - Jasmine must have gotten sympathy votes.

CSI note: Spryng and who else watch CSI? I absolutely LOVE CSI

Spryng/Melinda - I also love being married. DH and I agree that it's one of the best decisions we ever made - with DS right up there too.

Okay, I'm off to finish up dinner - chicken Fajitas, one of my favorite meals.
But guess what? I got offered a brand new, Silver Cross stroller for free! I have to write a review for the product, but then I get to keep the stroller
Isn't that awesome??? it's one of the new umbrella-type ones coming out in July - but it has a canopy and basket and padded seat, so I guess it's like a "luxury" umbrella . . . still only 9.5lbs. I'm very excited.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:55 AM   #5  
soontobethin

Good morning. I went to do my weigh in this morning, and the scale said I had gained 10 lbs in two days. I am thinking my scale is wrong. When I weighed wednesday, I had lost two lbs. I need to go figure out what is wrong with the darn thing. I am glad to know I am not the only one who didn't get a honeymoon after I got married. We were going to go to Colorado the July after our wedding, but 10 days after the wedding, dh ended up in the hospital with appendicitis. Needless to say that took all of our money. Just never got around to it after that. Maybe one day. My parents never got a honeymoon until they had been married for 20 years. I hope everyone has a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Well everything is back to normal my scale said 233 when I woke up so it really must have been water retention!!! Oh my I can't tell you how happy I am so I really need to keep up with my water intake. I knew that had to be wrong yesterday, so I'll be happy if I have a maintain or a 1 lb loss this week . Ok so get this, (here comes my rant) well I thought all the neighbors moved out yesterday well I was WRONG!! Again 2:30 am rolls around and I'm awaken out of a dead sleep by whooping and hollering and the sounds of drunken laughter ugghhhh!!! So I decide I'm just calling the police because we warned them last night, well I forgot I threw my phone book out because taylor had torn it to shreds lol. So I had to look number up on the computer. Well the police get there, and all of a sudden they start turning off the lights and shutting the curtains, mind you this was all before the police officer got out to talk to them, now how suspicious does that look!!! Well the officer goes and talks to them and then leaves. Then they come outside again and started saying "That F'er" really loud I KNOW they were talking about us. Man I hate lousy neigbors. We bought this house because the Neighborhood was nice and quiet and now lousy renters have to mess it up. So anyway does anyone know how you find out who owns a house by looking up the address, I believe property records are public.

Penny - Thank you so much for all you did last night!!! You did a lot of work just trying to find the source of my gain and I appreciate it!!

Spryng - And thank you for your words of wisdom!!

If it weren't for all of you guys I would have totally said "to **** with it" yesterday. But I didn't and stayed on plan!

Crystal - Way to go on maintaing 199 this week!! I'm so proud of you!!

Well I don't really have anything planned for today except some grocery shopping. Also I went to bed without doing my evening routine so I have to catch up a little. Mostly just toy pick up. Taylor slept half the night in her room which is good, we'll have her sleeping there full time before we know it!

Well guys I need to go get my day started! I will see you guys later.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:04 AM   #7  

Ricci!!! I know how you feel girl!! Flush yourself with water, thats what I did and I'm back to normal!! I hope that scale says something different tomorrow

Michelle
Old 05-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Well, My WI this week.... down 1#!!!! (that includes the .5 lb I gained last week due to TOM) so I'm down to 129 even now. I'm very happy with that. I wish I had a chance to get personal but today is my big errand (and flexpoint!!! yum!) day. So I have to kids the kids around and dressed so we can go grocery shopping and then out to lunch and I'll probably rent a movie or two for the weekend. So I hope everyone has a wonderful friday! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:27 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Just a drive by visit.......to all you losers or those who maintained congrats!!
BTW- with warmer weather here- at least for most of us, I remember last year at WW, the leader said that gaining a pound or two of water is normal.......so keep that in mind. Ricci, hon, your scale sounds hormonal. Hang in there.
Crystal and Spryng- sounds like your Friday is busy- mine is too!! Have a good day.
Michele, Penny......Leigh- anyone else I missed. Hope you are doing great.
Gotta go- 1/2 day school today.....so I have to go pick up the kiddies in a wee bit.
See ya !
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:20 AM   #10  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Half a pound away from my first goal!

I thought for sure I would break 20 pounds this week. But I forgot to weigh before I got up and about, so maybe I really did. I was only about a half pound from it. So maybe I did? Oh well, even if not, I lost a 2 pounds, right???

I have lots to do today. My headache has made me lazy and my house is a wreck. So I will post later and address you all then!!

Happy Friday Ladies!!!

Last edited by BIGtimeLOSER; 05-14-2004 at 11:27 AM.
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:03 PM   #11  

Weigh in was two pounds down. Now if I can just keep it up. 5/7 Workouts for the week. 6/7 days on program, I quess that is what it is going to take.

Leigh - How did you get a free stroller? Are they giving anymore away? I want to get a jogging type stroller. I am wearing the wheels with the Graco.

Ricci - Throw out that scale gf. When mine started acting up, I threw it out right then.

Happy Weekend!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi Lovely Ladies,

Well, I haven't been doing very well, which is why I haven't been posting the last couple of days. I'm always embarrassed to post when I'm not OP which is stupid because that's when I need the support the most. Well, today I'm back and I intend to stay OP this time. No more brownies or chocolate bars or marshmallows or...well you get the picture. Actually my husband was talking last night about how dang unhealthy he feels and how it is really dragging him down on other things too, so we are going to be healthy together.

It's funny, right now no matter how badly I eat I always stay at the same weight. That would be great except it is not the weight that I want to be at! I'm at a point right now when I don't really have a size that fits me too well. I'm squeezing into pants that are a tad snug, especially if I bend over to get something (Echh, can't breathe), then I have a few pairs of pants that I'm yanking on all day. I don't want to buy anything else because I'm wanting to lose weight, hopefully after I lose 10 lbs or so these pants will fit great.

Crystal-I'm so glad you didn't see any increases on the scale!

Penny- I hope you have a great night with your family.

Leigh-Good luck starting WW. I think it is a really good program! I'm sure it will work great for you and it is not nearly as restrictive.

Ricci-I hope you get to have a honeymoon sometime! I'm already wanting another one. We went to a cute little cabin for a few days after we got married and it was great. Next time though I'd like to go somewhere exotic. Sounds like you need to replace your scale!

Michelle-I'm glad that the scale is better today! I'm so sorry about your obnoxious neighbors!

Spryng- Have a fun flex-points day!

Ginny-Hi there! Have a great day!

Cindi-Congratulations on being so close to your first goal. Rock ON!!!

Melinda-Congratulations!!!! Go luck staying OP, I'm glad your hard work has paid off.
jessivalentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:58 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

Well it poured here again today so I went through the drive thru at McDonalds and got the kids a happy meal......

Oh And I got me a happy meal too! ...... A Go Active Happy Meal! Has anyone had these? It is a premium salad (i got grilled chicken caesar...yumm), a dasani water and a step o meter. Very neat A Happy Meal for Adults!!!!!

Anyhow the kids are outside playing in the mudpuddles so I will post again later

have a great day! And congrats to all the losers! I will give you all your cheers tonight!!!!

Michelle,
Congrats on the scale being back down
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:00 PM   #14  

Cindi - WTG on the loss!! You are getting so close to 20 lbs down!! I'm hoping to hit my 20lb mark on sunday we'll see if it happens.

Melinda - Good job to you also on the 2# down!! Keep it up!

Spryng - Have a great day being out and about!

Ginny - It was great seeing a post from you!

Well I got the linens changed on the beds and the dishes done and the toys picked up. Gotta dust yet and vaccuum, I'm thinking about doing all the windows but I'm not sure If I want to attempt that myself or hire someone to do it lol. Its raining right now I was going to take the girls to the park later but not now I guess. I actually got both of them to nap at the same time today!! Woo hoo!!

Well I better get back to work. I'll talk to you all later.

Michelle
Old 05-14-2004, 02:37 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Default Hi again

Okay - looks like I did respond to thread 169, but guess I somehow posted in the wrong place, sorry.

Crystal - I'm so haapy to hear that you're maintaining - you must be doing som ething right

Penny - gload you posted about the adult healthy happy meal - I've seen it on TV and wondered how it was. Great choice to make!!!

Ricci - what would be your ideal place to honeymoon if you could?

Micheele - Hooray that it was just water retention! I'm glad you had the encouragement you needed to stay OP. It's just too bad you have awful neighbors

Spryng - wow!!! Congrats on the 1 lb loss - enjoy your flexpoints day

Ginny - hope you have an excellent day!

Cindi - it's awesome that your so close to 20 . . . I bet you truly are at it already, but be sure to post when it's "offical"! Any plans to celebrate?

Hey, Melinda! I'm getting the stroller because I'm writing a review of it I'm so excited. As for jogging strollers, I don't know too much about them, but if you narrow down the brands you're interested in, I can look them up in my Baby Bargains book and tell you the reviews.

Jessi - don't feel bad posting when you're off program . . . I regained 4lbs on vacation I'm hoping WW will train me in making better choices. Remind me, what program are you on?

I'm doing a "medium" job with eating while waiting for my WW kit to arrive. But I've stocked the house with healthy things in preparation for that. My mother is still here (leaves Sunday). Tonight we're all going out with DH;s co-workers. A Tapas place - have ya'll had Tapas before? It's a bunch of different appetizer-sized portions shared by everyone - they come out continually over the course of a couple of hours. I'll do my best to be reasonable.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote