View Poll Results: How Much Water Do You Usually Drink In A Typical Day?
16 Oz. Or Less 1 10.00%
16-32 Oz. 3 30.00%
32-48 Oz. 1 10.00%
48-64 Oz. 3 30.00%
64-80 Oz. 1 10.00%
80-96 Oz. 0 0%
96 Oz. Or More 0 0%
I Never Drink Water 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 07:13 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#89)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 05-12-2004, 07:18 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #88 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!

Have a great OP day!!
Old 05-12-2004, 07:28 AM   #3  
Carol

Good Morning:

Sherry; What a great welcome picture!! I was posting when you started a new thread... I lost it, but it was a short one so I think I can remember what I said...

Thanks for all the prayers for my mom & dad. It means a lot to me.

Gayle: I am sending out prayers for your friend as well.....

Gayle, maybe you and I can try this staying OP thing together... What do you say.....

This will be day 1 for me AGAIN....!!! I am sending good vibes to both of us that we can do this.. ONE DAY AT A TIME..

Shelley: I am going to try journaling also. I was doing it but when I ate bad, I didn't do it those days.. Who did I think I was kidding..

I have to go, but I will be back tonight to let you know how I did today!! Wish me luck..
Old 05-12-2004, 01:16 PM   #4  

Carol sorry for not responding to you and asking how your mom was doing with her treatments. I have a running prayer list and your parents are on it. My mom went through chemo and radiation too. Her treatments were finished last July. I know it is tough. They go through a lot. Today you will stay on program. I am sending you good vibes.

Shelley I have researched my meds and apparently when you go off of them you have to decrease the meds slowly. You do get addicted to them. I know that I get stoned from the meds. That is why so many spelling mistakes and I forget everything. So how much is Mike on?

Wanda if you are back...I can't see you.....where are you hiding?

Doni good to hear from you.

Sherry I love your welcoming door. It makes me feel comfor and welcomed here. You are the greatest! Are you anxious to move or dreading all the work? You bbetter tell that son of your to pack a winter parka and boots. Is he planning on ice fishing?

Gayle I showed a friend of mine the card you sent me this morning. She just loved it. So do I. I am so lucky to have you as my friend.

Ramona I hope that everything has improved. My heart goes out to you.

Debbie are you anxious to finish up school and hang out at the pool? You will enjoy it so much. I find it is great to entertain around and so refreshing on a hot day.

Cheryl I think you are the one that asked about the SNOW. It is unusual that it has snowed snow much. We broke a record. It is still snowing. We seldom get snow in May. It looks so funny because some of our leaves are openning and the branches are loaded with snow.

For Mother's Day I got from Larry tickets to an Elvis Impersonator, 2 sets of pj's since I live in them all day now, a frog for my garden. From Dez I have a spa day at her school. I can pick anything that they do and it is on her tab. I will probably have a pedicure, manicure and scalp treatment with a cut. Jay and his girlfriend stripped the wall paper off my bedroom this weekend when I was gone. They will help Larry paint it.
I am the spoiled Goddess Princess.

Lunch time I have to run and warm up some soup.

Love you all.

Dee
Old 05-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Dee, you seem to be in better spirits today. Thank you for the nice comments regarding the card. Actually, I was just playing around with different mediums and came up with that one. I can see several "boo-boo's" on it.

Shelley, I would listen to the lady and go from there. If your daughters are like their mother, I can think of nothing she could of said that would be grounds for such drastic actions. Some people make mountains out of molehills. If you don't agree with what the mom has to say, then tell her to go right back to her perfect little house with her perfect little child and let you raise your kids as you see fit. :-)
Old 05-12-2004, 06:14 PM   #6  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi everyone...remember me..LOL

It took me awhile to read and catch up with everyone's post. My thoughts and prayers go out for everyone who has sick friends and family.

Dee....Sorry you are still in so much pain. Your trip to the states sounds wonderful. Glad you had a good Mother's Day.

Gayle...I'll be praying for your friend. How is your other friend doing, the one that had the weight-loss surgery? I bet your little bird is precious!!

Carol...Please don't give up!! I have faith in you!! We can do this together! Just think you have kept off a lot of your weight, even though you have gained some back. I'm sure it will click with you again soon!!

Ramona.....I know this is a trying time for you but just know that we all love you and wish there was something we could do. Please take care of Ramona!! {{HUGS}}

Sherry.....Is it over yet?? LOL Why is so hard closing school this year? Maybe it is hard every year and I just forget until it is here. Please take care of yourself, you have plenty of time to paint and move after school is out. Wish I could help!!

Shelley....Sorry it has took me so long to answer your question. I put in for a transfer and Sherry helped me type and word my resume'. It will be a promotion for me. It is for 3 small Elementary schools and one of them is Chadwell. Who said you can't ever go home again? LOL I gave middle school my best shot, but I'm really not cut out for that age kids. Keep your fingers crossed everyone, that I get this new job. I will find out sometime in June.

Wanda.....Sorry I haven't send you the Pm I promised. My life is crazy!! Please post again, we all really, really do LOVE YA!!

My Mom has been going twice a week to have her blood drawn, so they could keep a check on the staff infection. Yesterday we got some bad news. The infection is growing again and she will have surgery next Wednesday for them to remove her artificial knee. They put a kind of "concrete" stuff in there for 6 to 8 weeks, to make sure all the infection is gone. THEN she will have to have another artificial knee put in. She has been fighting depression and I am really worried about her. We were all so hopeful that the medicine would take care of this. Please continue to pray for her. Thanks!!

Hugs to all my other Floozie friends that I didn't post personally to. Thinking of you and so glad I am part of such a wonderful group.

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
77 days down~~19 TO GO~
Old 05-12-2004, 07:28 PM   #7  

Okay, she brought over the complete conversation on IM, and Patty was quite mean. I think that her and Nicole got carried away and never would have said such things if they had been face to face with the girl. I have decided to cut off her IM for 1 week, and she had to write a letter of apology. I also found out that the Nicole is grounded from everything and everyone, not just Patty. Anyway, I feel much better about it now, since I know exactly what was said. It was just your normal cruel stuff that kids do to each other. Hopefully she will learn her lesson by not having IM for a week. She has been crying and trying to trade off for something else, like washing dishes, but I won't let her.

Debbie-I am still praying for your mom. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you that you get the job. But if you don't just remember that you have come a LONG way with the middle school job. I remember when you didn't think you would be able to get through the day with those kids!

Dee-Mike says he takes about 300 mg a day. Sometimes he has taken more, sometimes less depending on how much pain he is in. He says that he is allowed something like 316 a day, but sometimes the pain is so bad that he doubles it. I would say he IS addicted, wouldn't you???
Old 05-13-2004, 07:33 AM   #8  

Morning ladies....I am here just been busy with Cara's pre graduation activities. Don't know if coming or going.
Sorry some of us are not feeling up to power and hope that turns around soon.
Wanda...woman so glad to see you back here and start posting more. We have missed you very much and need to catch up with you.

Well be back later the little darlings are coming in now. Boooooooooooo...lolololol

Vicki
Old 05-13-2004, 07:55 AM   #9  
Carol

Ok. I know you gals don't want to hear this from me AGAIN. But I blew it again yesterday...

Well now I think I have reached rock bottom. I was hard pressed to find something to wear this morning that I could get hooked. I have refused to buy anything in a bigger size soooooooooooooooo

This is the point of no return. I MUST STAY OP!!!

Oh lord give me strength to make it through one day... This foodaholic is needing a little heavenly intervention.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:52 AM   #10  

Hello my friends. I just scanned the posts and wanted to let you know I'm still around. My mom had a really good weekend (which really confused us) and then on Monday everything started going down hill. We were told by the Hospice nurse that this is quite normal to have a peak before the fall. I was called home from work yesterday by the nurse. Mom was asking for Dan and then she would sleep fitfully. All night long it was very heavy rapid breathing followed by no breathing at all and then she would shake her head "no" and start all over again. The nurse said she may be waiting for my brother to get back home from Nashville. He will be back tomorrow night. We have been riding a roller coaster of emotions for days now and it is beginning to take a toll on all of us.

In the last two months I have gained 15 pounds. It seems all we do is eat all night. The ladies from church have been bringing food for us so we don't have to cook. Last weekend we had 2 fresh strawberry pies, a coconut cream pie, a chocolate cake, strawberry bread, apricot bread, and apricot fried pies. That was in addition to the casseroles. All of this food for my dad, myself and Rick! I try to freeze what I can, but I tell you I haven't eaten this much sugar in my entire life!

I'm sorry I haven't posted to each of you. Vicki, Debbie, Carol (I hope I didn't leave anyone out) I'm thinking of you and your mothers each day and hoping for the best for you all.

Dee, I pray that you will soon find some releif for your pain and be back to the old Dee.

Sherry, I know you are excited about moving to the "new" house. I hope you will be able to post some pictures.

Shelley, it sounds as if you handled the situation with your daughter in the best way you could. KIDS!

Gayle, I'm so sorry for your friend. I hope she will find peace. I can't wait to see a picture of Bosco.

Cheryl, congrats on the weightloss. You go girl.

I'm sorry I haven't mentioned everyone. I'm also sorry if this post doesn't make much sense. Take care everyone and I'll try to be back soon.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #11  

Debbie I remember you. The chick that got this summer count down started and motivated a lot of us! I really hope that you get the job. Working somewhere you don't enjoy for 1/3 of your day is not good. I am sorry to hear about your mom. Can they put her on anti depressants before she gets really bad. I pray that her surgery goes well. Hang in there.

Gayle sorry I forgot to mention your friend with cancer yesterday. I am not with so please forgive me. I put her on my prayer list too. Gee it is a good thing I am layed up in bed most of the day, I have a lot of praying to do. How are you doing Gayle? Is everything ok? You aren't posting as much as you use too. I miss you.

Shelley I know from experience that kids can do some rotten things over IM. Kids do have a mean streak in them. I know that you hit the nail on the head when you took away IM from Patty. It is a direct consequence for what happenned and it means a lot to her because she wanted to trade it off for something else. I am sure she will learn a lesson from this. I find that it is hard at this age to pick a consquence that actually would teach them a lesson. Mike must be on a different type of morphine than I am because on my infor from the drug store they said that if you were to take over 150 mg it is leathal.

Vicki what kind of things do you do for pre grad? All we did was pick out a dress, shoes necklace, purse, and hat. Need to pick up nail polish yet and she will dye her hair a day or two before grad. They have a breakfast that Dez decided that she doesn't want to go to. The Commencement Ceremony is on June 25th, pictures in the park on the 29th with a dinner and dance following.

Sherry have you decided what colors you want in your new home? Are you sticking to the same color theme that you have now? When do you think that you will be moved in by?

Ramona it is so good to hear from you. I am sorry to hear that things are so stressful for you. Don't worry about gainning weight right now. We will help you with that when the times is right. I am here for you. If you want to email me and vent or cry or whatever I will be there. I remember you in my prayers every day.

Wanda were you teasing us and saying that you were back? So where are you?

Carol take it by the hour. How much do you really want to lose weight? Look at yourself in the mirror and sk yourself "Am I happy with myself to look this way?" When you go to reach for food think about the picture in the mirror and ask yourself do I think that eatting this is worth it?

Well it is snowing any more. We got about a foot of snow. On the weekend it will be in the 60's so it will melt. All I can say that is positive about this is we needed the moisture.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-13-2004, 04:27 PM   #12  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hope this joke cheers everyone up, it's too funny

This could happen to you.

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice From
the other stall saying:
"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the
restroom but I don't know what got into me, so I answered, somewhat
embarrassed,
"Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says:
"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm
thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as
I can when I hear another question.
"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I
figured I could just be
polite and end the conversation. I tell them ,
"No........I'm a little busy right now!!!"

Then I hear the person say nervously...

"Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an
idiot in the other stall
who keeps answering all my questions!!!"

Old 05-13-2004, 04:59 PM   #13  

OMG Debbie that is a good one. I am LMAO! We needed a good laugh.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:50 PM   #14  
Carol

Oh Debbie!!!

That was a good one!!! I agree, we all needed a good laugh!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!
Old 05-13-2004, 07:20 PM   #15  

Debbie-That was a riot!!

Ramona-Please take care of yourself, don't worry about the weight right now, just like Dee says, we will help you when that time comes, right now just be with your family. I pray that your mom will go peacefully.

Dee-I wish you were feeling better! I miss your daily walks of miles and miles. Mike says that 150mg is lethal for most people, unless you are in excrutiating pain. That's why he goes to a pain management center.

Carol, Carol, Carol!! What can I do to help you? You are going through a lot too with your parents. If you are a stress eater, that might be why you can't get through the day right now OP.

Vicki-Good luck with all the grad preparations!

Sherry-Guess who was checking heads yesterday??? That's right. The clinic guy asked me to help him because he couldn't tell if the kids had them or not.

Gayle-I want to see Bosco!! Please post a picture whenever you can.

Jennelle, Wanda, Doni, Tina, Cheryl-Have a great evening!
Closed Thread