Old 08-25-2003, 09:12 PM   #1  
Slimwithin

Default Cheese Biscuit Thingies

I got this off another low carb board but I can't remember which one. I made these last night and I'm really pleased with them. They are not quite a cracker because they are fairly soft but they're not really a biscuit because they don't rise. I'm wondering if a pinch of baking soda would make them more like a biscuit. If you make these big enough, you could probably use two of them to enclose a hamburger patty. Today I had two cold ones with a generous topping of liverwurst mixed with a bit of butter and mayo. Delicious. I think they'd also be good with other toppings such as egg or tuna salad or even use them like Bruchetta. By the way, depending on what kind of cheese you use, watch how much salt you add. Mine were a bit oversalted.

6 oz cream cheese, softened
1-3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated (or whatever hard cheese you prefer)
2 eggs
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp chile powder
1/2 cup almond flour (I used ground almonds) or 0 carb bake mix

Mix all together in food processor. Line a cookie sheet with parchment. If your dough is quite firm, make little balls and flatten them. Mine dough was quite moist so I just spooned it out in mounds on the cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 17 minutes, depending on how large you make them.
20 grams TOTAL so the smaller your biscuits the lower the carbs. I made 15 and they're the size of a Dad's cookie.
LindaBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:45 PM   #2  

this sounds pretty good. i will have to make it. sue
samanthajosmom_12 is offline   Reply With Quote