Old 05-11-2004, 01:11 PM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's!!! #167

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:16 PM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Okay a quick post to say that I'm so excited. My sister convinced me that me and dh needed some time together, just the two of us. And not a date, you know dinner and a movie. Something different. So I just reserved he and I a cottage on a lake a little ways from our house. About 2 hours or so. It's primitive with no bathroom but it has a/c and beds and such. It's the weekend after Father's Day and it's only for one night. But anyway I'm so excited. This gives me a new goal: To be down at least 14 lbs. That would put me at 185 and a size smaller. That is 7 weeks and 2 lbs. a week. What do you all think? That's totally doable, right? Maybe more if I try REALLY hard. I'm so excited I just might.
I just wanted to share this with y'all. Ill be back later to get personal. My poor kids are hungry. I've been busy doing this and neglecting them.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Crystal, that is wonderful news!!!! I take it your sister has volunteered to watch your kids? You and your Dh definitely need some alone time. And I think 14 lbs is doable but don't kill yourself to get them off. With TOM and all that you may not hit 14 lbs but I think you can get really close. But it is so nice to see you excited about something!!! And thanks for starting the new thread.

Well my afternoon is going pretty good. I had two sandwiches for lunch (couldn't decide on what I wanted, lol) so one was a deli meat sandwich with guacomole on it and the other was a pb&j and they were only 2.5 pts each and hit the spot. I think I have decided on roasting the whole chicken for dinner since I'll have 4 extra kids here. That way there will be enough for them too. When I shop and cook I only get enough for 3-4 people because the kids don't eat much and I don't really use much leftovers, but a whole chicken should feed us all. I'll make mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing (none for me) and a veggie on the side and I think I will make some cupcakes too. So it should be a nice dinner and my kids will love having them here for a few hours.
Ok, guess I'll get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:17 PM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Thanks Spryng. No my sister said of course she would but my mom said it too and I'm hoping MIL volunteers. I may split up the kids so no one person gets too exhausted.
BTW, those pictuers are too cute. I think me and my mom and the kids are going to the zoo this weekend. Glad y'all got to go and your kids are cuties.
TTYL
Old 05-11-2004, 02:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Those Pictures were adorable Spryng!!

Crystal - How nice for you and your hubby to be able to get away for even one night together!! I think your goal is doable especially if you incorporate some exercise in there but like Spryng said don't kill yourself over it

Melinda - I think it is totally healthy to come out with the "numbers" thats why I posted my before pictures I mean I'm totally ashamed of them but I know that it was part of the journey that I had to do to make it all worth it

Leigh - I know exactly what you were thinking about the dimetapp lol sometimes I wish...like this morning for instance when both my kids were up at 5 am and I didn't get to sleep until 12:30!! I was sooo crabby!!

Well hubby came home and let me go back to bed for a bit thank god for that!! So I just got up AGAIN!!! lol I started telling Taylor that she had a bug in her ear so she would let me clean them and now she is totally obsessed with the "bugs" in her ears lol. My house was immaculate when I went back to bed but now, it looks like a tornado hit it!! Ugghhh well I better go and get it cleaned up!

I will talk to you all later!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:23 PM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Hi girls!!! You know some days are awful and others are great. Not that my relationship is better that's the same. But on top of me reserving that cottage for us in 7 weeks which is so exciting, we just got our income tax in and we have SO much stuff to get done with that. Then I tried on some shorts I had from last summer that are a size smaller than I'm in now. They are denim and kind of short, but so comfortable and they make me feel good when I wear them. When I wore them last summer, dh made comments about me getting my figure back. This was after going on Atkins at some point. ANYWAY, they fit me. Not to wear in public yet, but I got them up and zipped with no problem, just alittle too uncomfortable to wear in public. So I'm probably only about 5-10 lbs. out of being in them comfortably. YEAH!!! Things just look so good right now. I needed that.
Michelle, do your kids not sleep well at night? I was just wondering why you went back to bed. Andrew doesn't sleep real well either. I'm not getting a nap in today. But that's okay, too much good stuff is going on.
TTYL
Old 05-11-2004, 03:33 PM   #7  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey Girls

Still not feeling great today, so I am not doing much. But I am eating okay and drinking my water.

DH has his second interview tomorrow, so keep us in your prayers.

I had salad and salmon for lunch and a granola bar for breakfast. 2 waters so far, 2 to go(at least). Think I will have fried broccoli and some sort of chicken for dinner.

Christian is doing well, finally. The rest of us are feeling yucky, but not like he did. I just need my energy to keep up with him now.

Glad to see the rest of you seem to be doing well. I'll chat more later!

Love to all.
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:37 PM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Default Yuck!

sigh I'm having a difficult day. Liam's in a super bad mood (more teething maybe). I desperately need groceries, but we went out to run errands and only got as far as Target before he had a major meltdown. DH has "boy's night" with him tonight - my one night a week to do what I want. I really want scrapbooking time, and I don't want to go grocery shopping during "me" time . . . so, guess that's put off for tomorrow.

On top of that [sorry - I really need to vent] I'm annoyed at my mother. She always gets annoyed if she can't speak to me every single day, but sometimes I want a day where I don't talk to her. It drives me crazy - and she gets annoyed if she skips one day and says things like, "I never get a hold of you." She acts like I should sit around all day doing nothing but waiting for her call; or like I don't have millions of things I'm trying to get done.

Melinda, I'm glad you took a risk and shared your weight numbers with us. I can tell that was difficult for you. Do they seem less powerful now that you've shared them? We eat out a lot too. It's really hard because that's how everyone socializes here. And, yes, Wynonna has lost inches - she's doing inches and not lbs.

Spryng - What great pictures! That looks like a great zoo. Can I come over for dinner? And I think we're similar in terms of pregnancy. I absolutely lovedbeing pregnant. I was thinking I could even be a surrogate - just kidding!-

Geri - I'm reading Dr. Phil. Want to try him for maintenance.

Crystal - Congrats on the weight loss and the shorts fitting!! How inspiring. oooo! the romantic plans sound wonderful! Sounds like you have the right attitude - think of your ups and downs as growing pains.

Michelle - how nice that you got extra sleep! Good for you.

DS finally fell asleep, so I need to go straighten the kitchen and get a load of laundry started. Thanks for "listening," gals!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #9  

Crystal - I am so psyched for you and dh going on a trip. Good motivation, I think 2 pounds a week is doable. We will keep you accountable.

Cindy - I hope dh gets the job. Imagine what your house will be like with him working at Home Depot.

Leigh - My mom is a bit overwhelming. Where does yours live? Mine lives in the small town and she expects to see JW everyday. She calls a couple times a day as well. We went to Costco today and she met us there so she could see JW.

I am still reading Dr. Phil's book, getting people out of your life that sabotage your diet. That would mean everyone! Most of my friends are my size and bigger and I was beg to think that we have comfort in each other. I was telling bf this weekend, we are going to lose this weight for real this time. We don't need to be known as the fat friends. She said I scared her, but she got my point.

Haven't had a workout yet, but I am planning on taking JW for a walk when he wakes. My office called me twice today about things that needed clarification. I am not as detailed at work as I use to be. Probably b/c I am doing a 40 hr in 16 hr.

Happy Tuesday!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #10  

Crystal - Usually my girls sleep pretty well during the night, barring the fact that teagan will usually let out a little cry when she gets hungry but thats about it I dunno whats been happening with her the past few days getting up early, and then only going to sleep if I rock her to sleep, Today Taylor only got up that early cuz Teagan was up and she heard us moving around. I'm crossing my fingers for a good nights rest tonight. I'm glad you are getting excited about your up coming weekend!! You really need and deserve it!!

Leigh - I get annoyed with my mom too but for TOTALLY different reasons, its like I've grown up and my mother has become the child, party party party ugghhhh it Pisses me off scuse my language She was even staying with us for a little bit and I had to tell her taht I didn't want any of her "friends" coming in my house and she got all pouty like "why Not" duhhhhh I don't want those freaks around my kids!! Oh I forgot to add she's all of a sudden a "harley Chick", I'm telling you complete midlife crisis LOL.

Cindi - I hope that you start to feel better soon!! You're in my thoughts!

Well I got my 2 mile walk in, I'm gonna do only one more mile a little later. I'm cooking lunch right now, Chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, and seasoned with garlic herb chicken seasoning, and 1/4 cup brown rice. Dinner? hmmm I'm gonna think on that one, maybe I'll make a chicken stirfry, but not sure yet. I hope everyone else is doing well!!

TTYL

Michelle
Old 05-11-2004, 05:15 PM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello-life sure has been busy and will not slow down too much until the weekend. This week has been tough.........one of those where you keep getting slapped in the face and have to thank the Lord that it is not something worse. Oh well....no sense bellyachin!!!
Crystal- the getaway sounds nice. I am happy for you.
Michele- glad you got that walk in. It is so important.
Melinda- did you ever get a walk in? How is the job going?
Leigh- hope you can find some scrapbooking time.....sounds addictive!!! And fun.
Cindi- hope you are feeling better!
Spryng- gee, you have not checked in today.....you ok? (or am I braindead and missed it).

Anyone I missed......forgive me for the drive thru visit. One good thing is I am getting my walks/workouts in- despite the hot weather. (I dislike anything above 70 degrees.....).Tomorrow I AM going to WW.....if it kills me.......and the way this week is going it might.
Off to make dinner........see ya!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:08 PM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Default Update

Melinda - my mother lives in FL, but is attempting to move here. I'm trying my best to be understanding because her boyfriend of 9 years passed away unexpectedly in March. I know Liam is now one of the few things that cheer her up, but it can get kind of overwhelming for me.

Michelle - wow! It does sound like your mother is having a mid-life crisis. Maybe she'll calm down sometime soon . . .

Ginny - I completely understand you being so busy. It's hard to keep up with everything sometimes. Yes - scrapbooking is completely addictive!

Well, DH and I are watching Idol and 24 tonight - any big plans for you all?
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:10 PM   #13  

Ginny - I hope life slows down a bit for you so you can take some time for yourself. I hope you make it to WW!! Glad to see you checked in!!!

Michelle
Old 05-11-2004, 08:27 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Well, Ds left the computer running..........(a pet peeve of mine, as if our electric bills are not bad enough!). Did some stress eating today......boy this was a hectic day.....but I think I got it out of my system, and was not all that naughty.
Leigh- I cannot imagine having to deal with a mom and Bf issues.....my Dd has been gone for almost 20 years- and after his death she has not been interested in others. But I agree with Michele- sounds like you are the adult here and she is the child. But you are doing what is best for Liam......and your Dm will have to be ok with that.

Michele-thanks for the kind thoughts.....but the prospect of life slowing down seems in the very, very distant future...... For me life was much easier when they were little.

Guess I'd better go. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 05-11-2004, 08:37 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

FOR THE LADY OF THE HOUSE
15 PIECES OF ADVICE TO BE PASSED ON TO YOUR
DAUGHTERS:
1. Don't imagine you can change a man --
unless he's in diapers.
2. What do you do if your boyfriend walks out?
You shut the door.
3. If they put a man on the moon --
they should be able to put them all up there.
4. Never let your man's mind wander --
it's too little to be out alone.
5. Go for the younger man.
You might as well, they never mature anyway.
6. Men are all the same --
they just have different faces, so that you can tell them apart.
7. Definition of a bachelor:
a man who has missed the opportunity to make some woman miserable.
8. Women don't make fools of men --
most of them are the do-it-yourself types.
9. Best way to get a man to do something is to suggest he is too old for it.
10. Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.
11. If you want a committed man, look in a mental hospital.
12. The children of Israel wandered around the desert for 40 years.
Even in Biblical times, men wouldn't ask for directions.
13. If he asks what sort of books you're interested in, tell him
checkbooks.
14. Remember a sense of humor does not mean that you tell him jokes,
it means that you laugh at his.
15. Sadly, all men are created equal.
Send this to 10 Bright Women to make their day! And to a couple of men to
Really make
their day!

Speaking of Dm, mine just sent me this........enjoy.