Old 05-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #1  

Default new year, new goals, new me week 19

ok where is everybody? it's friday and it is beautiful weather here so i guess everyone must be outside. sure wish i was. come everyone come out and play.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:24 PM   #2  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Everyone. See, Chequita, I knew I wouldn't be the first one on here! Thanks for setting up the thread.

Still struggling with the scale stepping. I don't know why this is so tough to overcome. I guess good news is that on the scale this am I am down one more pound. I am trying so hard to stay off that thing!

Going shopping this weekend. The weather has turned nice and I have no summer clothes to wear to work. Only sweaters and blazers. Time to get some smaller size summer shirts and pants. I am only going to spend around $100, because I don't want to invest in a lot of clothes that are only going to fit me temporarily.

Spending time alone with my son on Mother's Day since hubby is still gone. We will go to the park and out to lunch. Just me and the little big man.

Hope everyone has a great weekend if I don't talk to you all. Keep focused and stay OP.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:28 PM   #3  

i know what you mean about the scales. i can't seem to stay off of mine or the one at the gym. if you figure out how to overcome this please let me know. i still have a few summer clothes that i can get into, but next winter i will have to have a whole new wardrobe, considering i have gotten rid of all my oversized ones. hope you have a nice mother's day and a wonderful weekend. talk to you later.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:13 AM   #4  

Good morning all. I think I am developing a scale addiction. NOw that it is going down again, I want to check every single day. Even if I go to the gym at different times. It is hard to stick to once a week. I have to convince myself that it is your overall choices for the week that add up to long term success. My goal is to lose an average of 2 pounds a week. If I can sustain that, I could be under 200 pounds for Christmas. That would be the first time in about 10 years I was under 200. What a gift to myself! I have always been overweight. About 20-40 pounds in high school and college, even though at the time that 20 pounds felt like as much as I way now. Perspective, I guess. After college, I gained about 15 pounds a year until I have been hovering where I am at now. I lost a bunch when I was in TOPS, but my job got very stressful and I gained it all back. I felt like a failure at work, was depressed. I couldn't forgive myself for just holding where I was until things settled down, felt like more of a failure, and also couldn't stand to be around people (they would just realize how rotten of a person I was, don't ya know!).

I think averaging 2 pounds is doable. I need to maintain the exercise I have been doing, think about my food choices and serving sizes, and avoid the stress binges! Yestereday, I made some bad choices, but today is another day! I will do this. I will take care of myself. I will give myself the best Christmas present of all - good health and a great attitude.

I am leavign for the weekend, but will talk to you all Sunday night. Have a good weekend.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:05 PM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All,

Jolly: 2 pounds a week is what I am shooting for. I'm a little under right now, but I know it will catch up eventually. I'm happy with any loss,and I think that is the important thing. Congrats on being at a very lower weight. Isn't it wonderful? Stick with it and you will be so successful. Hope you had a nice weekend.

Dan: Great job on being down on the weight also. What a bunch of losers we are! I'm glad things are coming back into place for you.

Chequita: Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow morning. I know you will be successful!

Happy Mom's Day everyone!

Chach
Old 05-09-2004, 08:38 PM   #6  

Thanks, Chachee. I really want to do this. I want to take the opportunity to improve my health now, while I still can. So, here's to the two pound club. Weigh in is tomorrow morning for me.

I had a good weekend. I got all my workouts in, didn't binge, and had a good time with family and friends. now, back to my reality.

Here's to a good week all.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:43 AM   #7  

Hey all. IT is me again. I am feeling good for this week. I weighed in this morning, and lost 2 1/2 pounds. Weeeeee. Of course, I wish it were more, I have to admit, but at least I met my goal. Now, I have a new goal. Once I hit 250, I am going to start jogging again. Hurray.

Have a great week all.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:57 PM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello All!

Jolly: Big congrats to you on your loss. You'll be where you want to be in no time with those losses each week.

Chequita: How did your weigh in go?

Dan: Still on track?

I'm struggling a little, but I will pull myself up and dust myself off. Had a great day with food yesterday and plan on having a good rest of the week.

Happy Monday!

Chach
Old 05-11-2004, 04:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Hi, everyone. It's real early Tuesday morning and I can't sleep. No particular reason. So, I'm getting some work done.

I had somehow missed the new thread and had posted on the old one over the weekend. Things are going pretty well. I am still on track, Chach, but this track sure has a lot of curves!

Great progress, Jolly.

Take care, all
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:48 AM   #10  

Hey all. Thanks for the support all. As for the curves, Dan . . . I hear you. But I guess I think that is ok. Sometimes, you have to plan alternate routes, for when times are rough - and you have to accept that detours, or rest stops are ok. As long as you are still heading in the right direction, and figuring out how to keep as straight a path as possible. Figuring out what you really need to detour for, and what isn't as big as you thought that you can hop right over. OK. That got way too deep Sorry.
Besides - you don't want a track. That just circles and circles back to the same place. You want a superhighway. Sorry, sorry. Stepping off the pulpit now

I did my weights again this morning. I still think they suck. But, I want this. Badly. So, I know what I have to do. I am also fantasizing about having extra skin removed, before i even know if there will be any skin to remove. I am a goof.

Have a great day all.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:35 AM   #11  

congrats jollygirl on the loss. you are doing awesome.
i cheated on my wi, because i had chinese for mothers day, and not that i ate to much, but all the sodium always messes with my weight, so i am weighing in on wed. this week. i will let everyone know how it went.
dan, being on track, curvy or not, is doing great. keep up the hard work.
jollygirl, you are right weights do suck, but for me i am beginning to enjoy working out with them. hopefully you will feel the same way too, one day. the more you work out the less extra skin you will have. i, on the other hand, will have extra skin, because i have been overweight for so long, but i will have mine removed also.
i hope everyone has a great tuesday. bye for now.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:11 PM   #12  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi everyone!

Dan: No one's track is the same. I like to think of it as a journey, a long, long long journey! Did you make it to the gym this week?

Jolly: I will probably need to have the extra skin removed also. Been overweight a long time and it's not going to just snap back where it should be. Oh well!

Chequita: Mexican and chinese food can be killers. So much salt! I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear your results tomorrow.

I did my monthly measurements this morning. I lost another 5.25 inches, so that brings me up to 33.25 inches lost since mid-February. I'm really happy about that. I am most happy about losing almost 6 inches off my hips and waist, each! Very happy! I wish the scales were as forgiving, but that will come in time. The measurements really show that although the numbers are not dropping as quickly as I would like them to, exercise is really making the difference for me. I gotta keep it up.

Not much else going on. Weigh in tomorrow. I bet that dang scale will show a 0.9 loss, so I wouldn't get that 20 pound mark. I'm ready, and taking my baseball bat with me. I'll show that thing a thing or two....I wonder how much it will be to replace it????

Remember I was eating everything the last weekend? I can't GET hungry right now. I had 11 points left over yesterday out of 28 to start. I wonder if the cup of coffee I have in the morning helps me with the appetite control? Anyone know? I used to be a huge coffee drinker, but the caffeine bothered me. Now once in awhile I have a cup. Heck, if it works as a suppresant, I'll have one every morning!

Chach
Old 05-12-2004, 09:22 AM   #13  

Hey all. Did an aerobics class this morning. Whew. I'm wiped out. Everything is going well right now. Which feels great. Now, if I could just figure out how to maintain the momentum. Chachee, I am trying not to get too ahead of myself with the whole skin thing. I am not even sure of a goal weight. My highest weight was 278. I used to think that my goal weight was around 150. But, with my bone structure and muscle, that is just not going to happen. I want to get down to 170, and see how I feel. IF I can get lower, without stressing out, starving myself, whatever, I will. And then I will see how much skin there really is, and go from there. REsearch and see if it is worth the cost, both financially and recovery wise. I just want to be a healthier weight, that I can maintain without driving myself crazy.

Anyway, back to work. Have a great day.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:40 AM   #14  

good morning all and happy hump day. hope everyone is doing great. my wi went well this morning i am daown another 2 lbs. so a total loss of 63 lbs. only 37 lbs. to go till my trip in august to celebrate my first 100 lbs. i can hardly wait. chachee i had measuring this weekend also and was down another 1 1/2" a total of 28 1/2" overall.
i will check in later, gotta get back to work also.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:45 PM   #15  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Good morning, all.

Chequita! Way to go! You are catching up with me. I better get going soon! Great job, though. You are very inspiring.

Jolly: I need to start researching the surgery also. I am trying to do as many ad toning activities that I can think of. I've just had this weight since high school, and it's been a long time! Great job on having your realistic goals! That's why I put my goal at 150'ish, but truly will be happy to be 170. We shall see how it goes.

Weigh in tonight. Hoping for that one pound. (Taking baseball bat just in case!)

Have a great day and I'll try to check in tonight.

Chach