Old 05-10-2004, 09:44 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Starting Over (It's Monday isn't it!)

So today, I start again. I am at a high of 303. This isn't an all time high for me, but I haven't been over 300 in a few years.

I just can't do this anymore. I ate myself into a food coma while my Dad was sick. I haven't done too much better since he has passed. I read somewhere this line "Don't dig your grave with a spoon and a fork". That's exactly what I have been doing. And today it stops. I know it won't be easy, but I must move forward in my life and stop making excuses.

I am going to count carbs and limit them to 150. 150 carbs is 40% based on a 1500 calorie diet. So if I just count the carbs, the calories should work themselves out.

But intake is only part of it, you have to have output too. So today - it's back to the gym for me. Daily exercise - some movement every day. The more movement, the more success.

My Dad always laughed at me because I always started on Mondays - so it's only fitting that I waited until today. He's smiling right now.

Anyone else starting out today?
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 10:07 AM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I had a really bad weekend so I'm with you too Sandy!! Have you ever looked at dr.phil's rapid start plan? I started up a little challenge a couple of weeks back and the few of us that did it manged to lose 5-6 lbs over 2 weeks. It is based on a low carb diet but not like Atkins. I find it quite sensible though it is tough to eat so many veggies when you haven't eatten them much. It's just that I never had success when I had to count anything be it carbs or calories or whatever and this plan just tells you how many serving of what to eat. HELP ME...I am turning into a dr.phil convert!!! Hey I'll go with anything that helps me lose 6 lbs in 2 weeks.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 11:02 AM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

You can do it Sandi. I've been digging right along side you. So lets both get on the ball and take care of bussiness. I am the same way with Mondays. I don't think I've ever started on any other day. It's probably because weekends are the worst time to be on a diet.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 11:09 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

I actually do have the Dr. Phil book - I am only on the 1st page. My problem is - I don't like Veggies. Lettuce is about the only thing I will eat - so I am cool with a cesear salad or something, but I don't like the rest of them.

So today I am plugging along and I eat 35 carbs for breakfast (Goal is 40). I eat my banana for a snack, and I look it up and it has 26 carbs!! Snacks are supposed to be 10 carbs. Hmmmm, so I look up my apple and I brought and it has over 20. I didn't realize or forgot that fruit is so high in carbs!!!

Howie - Your right - it is time to take care of business!!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 12:17 PM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Sandi, I have to confess that I am not much of a veggie eater either, however they are mostly low fat (as long as they are not smothered in dressing) and low carb so you can't go wrong. I had a really amazing salad from Subway a few weeks ago that I make at home now. It is baby spinach, chicken, bacon bits, hardboiled egg, parmesan cheese and honey mustard dressing. It is so great!! I never liked spinach before but the baby spinach is good in salads. so that it fits in with my plan I only use enough chicken etc so that it is about one protein serving and then I used only 1 T of dressing and that is my daily fat serving. The honey mustard dressing is so easy to make at home and tastes sooooo good. I found the recipe online. Be glad to share it with you if you don't have one already. Take care.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:27 PM   #6  

Sandi, You have a fresh start. I know with everything you have gone through that is is not going to be easy for you. I have found that exercise really helps my emotional state, so I hope that you will get the same thing from it. I gained a majority of my weight after my dad passed away. I guess it's emotional eating for sure. It's hard to get past that but it will come. We are with you every step of the way. Kudos for getting started back up!!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Emotional eating is the worst.

Yup, today's a new day and I'm joining you in the fresh start. I went to aerobics for the first time in three weeks. I didn't stay for the strength part, but managed to do the 45 min. of cardio. Painful, but necessary to lose any more weight.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:26 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Sheila -

Is there any exercise you can do that wouldn't be painful?
Old 05-10-2004, 01:57 PM   #9  

Sandi, it's so good to have you back, we missed you! I'm glad to hear that you're ready to start anew. I know how easy it could be right now to just not deal with the weight and exercise, but honestly, what good would that do? It's time to get back on that horse and make this happen. You are so wonderful and supportive and determined. I firmly believe that you can do this and I hope you believe it too. Take care.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:27 PM   #10  

sandi it is wonderful to have you back. and girl you take one day at a time and it will all workout. you are an inspiration to us all and just knowing that you are getting back on track helps me out tremendously. we are all here for you. have a great monday.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 03:02 PM   #11  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up It's definately Monday!

I've been slacking so much since the start of the year. I've not been wanting to do anything...plus my 2 1/2 yr relationship just ended...that doesn't help either.

I've not really jumped on a plan (South Beach, Curves, whatever..). But I know I need to get going. My mom and I are going to Ireland in July and we both want to loose some weight before we go. So Since I've not been online for a while I know I can get encouragement from you guys!

I can't believe how much weight I've gained back since my blood illness in Oct 02.....I haven't been 345 since Highschool, but I've struggled with weight from then till now.

Today is a brand new day and I'm the only one who can make the change right!?!

Sandi, Sheila, Beverly, Jen, Howie, Tammie, and anyone else I may have missed. We can do it! For ourselves and the ones we love. Today has been a crapy day at work and I'm an emotional eater.....thankfully since my break up I haven't gone on a binge eating war path but one time.....but we can get through this and overcome!

Have a great rest of the day!

Jamie
Daise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:50 PM   #12  
Abby's Mommy

Wink

Sandi, I'm back on today, too. I went off plan on Wednesday, but today has been great. I always try to start back witha big bang...that way I feel REALLY good the next day, so I want to continue with it. This morning I push mowed my yard ( 45 mins burns like 350 cals!) I ate within my points today, and even drank 5 bottles of water (85 oz)!!! Then, I went to the center and did 1.5 miles on the treadmill, and a circut of the weight machines!! I feel soo good right now ( and SOO tired!) Any way, we're here with you girl!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote