Old 05-04-2004, 02:19 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile 21 day challenge #3

Well here I am...bringing the 21 day challenge to where I'm usually post!! This was a thread that was posted in the Support Groups Forum.....well....it kind of got lost and many people stopped posting...me included. But I started it again then decided, that I would rather stay in my corner of the board and keep track here. This is pretty much for my own benefit...but if any of you would like to join me....that would be great.

Here is how it works. You choose something that you would like to work on and do it for 21 days. (to make it a habit) Such as drink 80oz. of water, walk a mile, or what ever else may come to mind. You do a count down. But if you miss a day...you start over to day one. And you can start over many times, but if you're constantly starting over.....well then....I would say maybe you should find something else to work on for 21 days.

Simple you say.....believe me,,,,it's not as simple as it sounds...there have been times that I just had to start over.

Anyone want to join me??
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:23 PM   #2  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Day 4 over and done. I walked for an hour today in the neighborhood. It was cool and rainy, but we got finished before the rain hit. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer but still rainy. I am thinking about going in to our beautiful town park to walk one day. Change of scenery.
I am afraid I am not doing as well on the eating as I am on the walking.

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:01 AM   #3  
RosieKate

I'm right there with you on the eating, Sue. I'm writing it all down, but I'm not enjoying having to look at the list at the end of the day I completed Day 6, now onto a better Day 7!
RK
Old 05-05-2004, 12:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Default **Pause**

Hi ladies--

You girls are doing fantastic!! I'm going to pause my efforts until I start feeling better. I have been drained of all energy!! This head cold has really kicked my butt!!

So when I start feeling better (hopefully in the next couple of days) I will continue.

And that goes for anyone who doesn't feel good. Instead of restarting....pause. Because I think you really can't help being sick....where as just skipping a day because you didn't feel like doing it, then you have to restart.....Make sense?

So for now,,,I will be cheering you on at the side lines!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:52 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up Day 3

Hiya ladies~

You all are doing a great job, keep it up.

I had to start over on Monday and so far so good. This is day three of staying OP and I have the rest of my day planned so will definitely be OP for dinner.

Marti~good idea to *pause* instead of stopping and restarting because you are right. We can't help it when we are sick. Of course for me I can because regardless of being sick or not I still have to stay OP! Hope you get to feeling better soon.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:05 PM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Day 5 was a good workout. I walked for about 55 minutes and as I got back in the yard I decided my one flower bed looked pretty bad. I spent 30 minutes weeding and moving mulch. That was all bending and lifting. Felt good to be out there since we finally had a really nice day. I was afraid it would turn nasty and rain again this evening, but it hasn't yet.
I told my walking pal that I need to start walking longer or even twice a day. Due to several obligations we decided to put that on hold until Mon. then we will give 2 hours a try. Now if I could just get the eating back on track.

Sue
Old 05-06-2004, 11:28 AM   #7  
RosieKate

Day 7 done! I had much better control over my calories yesterday and I got a good workout in - did a video while my DD took a nap. My head is in a better place now that I feel a little more in control.
RK
Old 05-06-2004, 05:12 PM   #8  

Hello!
Day 18 here...The end is in sight! I have some ideas for my next challenge too, I think it better be an exercise challenge because I am NOT doing so well recently in that department...also..as a non-weight related challenge I want to go 21 days without being LATE to anything...I always get places 5 minutes late and it drives me nuts.

Marti - hope you feel better! and a "pause" sounds perfectly reasonable!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:29 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Day 6 and a 55 minute walk again. Beautiful weather finally. We decided to try for an early and a late walk tomorrow. I will love it if we do two a day. The backs of my legs hurt due to the weeding yesterday, but all else is good.

Sue
Old 05-07-2004, 10:17 AM   #10  
RosieKate

Day 8 - complete!
Susan - keep it up ! You can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Marti - I think pausing when you're sick is perfectly fine. I know how hard it is to focus on healthy habits when life is throwing you curveballs... and you are doing a great job.
Sue - great job on the walking... having a buddy sure helps
Christi - A big pat on the back for staying OP. I'm remembering to record all my food, but it's making me realize just how off my program I've been. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
RK
Old 05-07-2004, 11:20 AM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Day 7 and I walked bright and early for 45 minutes. We are under thunderstorm watches right now, so don't know if it will be cleared off enough to walk again this evening. At least one is done. Started back to the good eating today also...let's hope that ship doesn't sink.

suetalks...
Old 05-07-2004, 12:13 PM   #12  

Hi everyone!

I am just checking in to say hello before my weekend. I probably won't check in over the weekend dh and I are celebrating our 2 yr anniv. So it will be us time. We are not going anywhere, just shipping the kids to Moms and going for dinner and maybe a movie. We are trying to save for baby so it's no big getaway or anything.

I think I might start my challenge with the 64 oz of water for my first one. I only have 15 weeks of pregnancy left so that leaves me how many challenges...3 weeks per challenge means 5 challenges with no breaks at all. We'll have to see about that. If doc ok's exercise for me again I will start out very slow like twice a week for 20 mins and work my way up.

Wishing you lot's of luck in your challenges,
Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:17 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Wow...I did get in a second walk tonight. We didn't get the thunderstorms after all. They went right past us. Now if I can walk twice a day for the rest of the challenge I will be doing great. Eating was OP today also.

Sue
Old 05-09-2004, 06:51 PM   #14  
RosieKate

Days 9 & 10 - done! I've been battling a migraine for a few days, so I'm making it short today. I've added water in my nutrition goals on Fitday, so I'm working on getting my 64 oz in everyday.

Happy Mother's Day - and I'll be checking in tomorrow!
RK
Old 05-10-2004, 03:26 AM   #15  

21!!!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote