Old 05-06-2004, 09:57 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #164

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:59 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Just so you all know. It's 9 am, breakfast is done and sink is shining, laundry is in progress, me and the kids are dressed and ready for the day, ALL the beds are made and I've done a 5 minute room rescue. I will mop when Andrew lays down for a nap. I'm preparing myself for the Friends Finale tonight. I've already had more than 2 glasses of water today. Anyway, just checking in with all of you.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Ok lets see, what was I like in Highschool...Well I was in Symphonic Band, Marching Band, Pep Band, I played solos in competitions and always went to state level which was as high as we could go. I was also invited to play with the orchestra several times when they need woodwind accompaniment (sp?). I also went to 3 proms. I was nominated for Homecoming princess one year but didnt make it lol. I also took photojournalism and thats why I'm really into pictures. Ummm I was pretty outgoing, and did pretty good in school, my senior year was rough because of differences with my parents so I moved from them twice to different cities in the states, the first place I moved was with my stepbrother and that didn't work out cuz there was NO guidance at all, and then I moved with my uncle and finished my one course in night school. Spryng my parents were kind of like your mom My stepdad always thought i was out doing drugs or sleeping around when I wasn't.

Crystal - I had 2 meals yesterday a late lunch and supper the rest of the day I wasn't hungry and I had a lot of veggies so you know they don't hold many calories Plus My appetite is waning a little bit because of the Meridia I'm on. Meridia works on the brain releasing more seratonin so you feel fuller longer, and also increases the speed at which you burn calories. Now when I started the Meridia 6 days ago when I stepped on the scale in the morning I was 242 (I went up some cuz I was offplan for 2 days) then today I got on the scale same time I do everyday and I was down to 234 but this isn't my official weigh in Not til sunday. And, yes watp is a video you do in front of the tv, but I love it, generally I wouldnt be able to do a video either but these are easy and motivating (for me anyway) I know they may not be for everyone but I really enjoy them.

Spryng - I also enjoyed chatting with you!! I had a lot of fun. Thanks for that I needed it!

Pennyyyy - Where are you!!!!! You better keep tabs on me lol jk I hope you are doing well. Did you ever get any sleep last night?

Ginny, Ricci, Leigh, Jessi, Cindi, fave, I hope this morning finds you all well and motivated!!

I need to go start my routine, I'll check back in later!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #4  

Ohhh if you guys wanna see my fitday just click on the link in my signature and you can see what I ate yesterday
Michelle
Old 05-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #5  
bluekitty

Location: Plano, TX (but originally from the pacific northwest)

Default Beautiful Day!

I didn't give into temptation last night, 2nd night in a row! I feel pretty good about myself today. I've got housework to do, baby to take care of, and more relatives are coming from out of town to see my little Kyle and to spend Mom's Day w/me.

Crystal, are there any activities in the DFW area celebrating Mom's Day?

I am sooo sad, hubby has to work on my 1st Mom's Day. At least I have family to entertain!

Michelle, what exactly does Meridia do? IS it a perscription? How does it make you feel?

Ugghh, talked to my Mother this morning about the "my boy" thing AGAIN. I think I finally got through to her....especially when I told her I don't feel okay w/her watching him when she says that and has said in the past "come to mommy". My Mom is a really nice lady, just a little nutty sometimes. I feel good about the talk we had. Hope it lasts! I have to go now and get ready for the day!

Later Ladies, Have a great Morning!!
Sarah
bluekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:05 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Sarah, I don't know much about the metroplex and it's activities. I don't go to Dallas almost never. When we go out, which isn't often, we go to Rockwall or Mesquite. Saturday I'm going to Arlington for a homeschool bookfair. Sorry your dh has to work on mom's day. I'm not expecting ANYTHING. We don't have the money and my dh doesn't usually think about these things. He did think of his mother and he's having a purse made specially for her, thought that was nice. I don't even have anything for my mom. I'll get her a card and maybe some flowers or something. Mother's Day is just another day around here, even my birthday my dh doesn't pay any mind to. He's not sensitive when it comes to that sort of thing.

Michelle, what exactly do you do with WATP? I mean what kind of workout is it? Where can you buy it?
Old 05-06-2004, 11:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Well I am completely through with cleaning today! Did my morning routine, folded and put away a load of laundry, and cleaned out the kids dressers and took out all their winter stuff and things that are getting too small. Boy was that a chore but the dressers look so much better and organized now with all that extra stuff gone. So I feel really productive today. I get antsy the day before and the day of DH's arrival. I have to stay busy to pass the time or I can go crazy, lol.

Crystal, WATP vhs and dvds are sold at my local walmart so I'm sure yours has it too. I'm thinking about getting one to try out too.

Sarah, great job on not giving in to sweets last night!!! You can do this! So glad you got to talk to you mom about how you feel, I hope it really helps.

Michelle I am sooo excited for your weightloss!!! 8 lbs gone so far!!! You didn't lose that fast on atkins the first week did you?? That must be so motivating to see! Can't wait until your official WI! It's going to be awesome.

Well, now that I am done cleaning I have to go find something else to keep me busy. All I have left to do today is sweep and mop my kitchen but I wait until the kids are in bed at night to do that. What is everyone having for dinner tonight? I think I am going to make zatarains dirty rice with some veggies, or maybe soft tacos... hmmm... probably the rice though
Ok, gonna get off here and make some lunch. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:16 PM   #8  

Favorite Color: red roses, dresses, etc.

Birthday: May 27, 1974

Anniversary: August 4, 2001

Education: B.A.-Clemson, M.H.A - Medical University of South Carolina

Job History: Health Care Management

Favorite Music: Love most everything, but rap

Religion: Lutheran

Kids Names & Ages: John Wesley, 8 months

DH'S Name: Wesley

Favorite Time of Day and Why: Mornings, I get to wake up to my dh and baby.

What Would You Have Done If You Hadn't Gotten Married: I would probably be a health care executive for a large hospital in a big city, but I love my dh and parenthood. Wouldn't trade for anything.

I was friends with everyone in high school. I was an A,B student. One year in the band, then played softball. One boyfriend, goalie for soccer team. Went to college and we split up.

Went to Yoga this morning. I am really getting into it! But I am not really sweating so I don't feel like I am getting as good as a workout. Weigh in today and I am 2 pounds up. I hate weighing in that much.DH was so supportive when I called him about the lady at LA harping one me about the 2 pd gain. I go again on Sat. It will probably go down by then. I think it was water weight. I had just downed 32 oz water after the gym, so that was probably still in my system. I don't like the counselors there. I don't think they are very knowledgable and the program is very expensive. Sorry for going on.

Sarah - The crying is normal. You are just overwhelmed with everything. It does get better. My dh brings junk in the house too. I can't stop him for eating the first one, but then I throw the box or bag in the garbage, so it is out of site. Doesn't work all the time.

Spryng - Feeling good!

Michelle - How is the BP with the Meridia? They took my bp today and it was 120/95. I think it was wrong, it is never that high. I will check it at a drug store this evening. Normal for me is 100/70.

Geri - I am glad that you are outside in your garden. I love the post but rather be outside. Way to go on the exercise.

Crystal - I hope things get better with dh. That is probably why it is hard for you to stay motivated.

Ginny - I would say you are back to a reg poster. Good to here from you.

Can't remember anything else. I will be home today, so I will try to catch up. What are the chat times now?

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:26 PM   #9  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Afternoon friends!

I just got back from taking Christian to the doc. He has a serious form of tonsilitis that is highly contagious. He got that horrible strep throat shot, so he will be limping around for a day or two.

DH got called for an interview with The Home Depot, so I hope that goes well. Maybe they will have something to offer him that's better than what he has now.

I am doing okay otherwise. Not exercising enough and didn't do water well yesterday either. But food is staying on track pretty well. TOM is coming soon so I am wondering if I will lose much this week. I want to hit 20# SO bad, but bet I won't this week.

I was just average in high school. Nothing special at all. Had a boyfriend most of the time and lots of friends. That's about it though.

Diaper duty and lots of housework calls

back later.
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:33 PM   #10  

I just got my 2 mile walk in so I feel good and i got it out of the way! No more procrastination for me

Sarah - Glad you had a talk with your mother sounds like you got it straightened out. Meridia is a prescription drug that triggers the food centers in the brain I believe it releases more seratonin to make you feel fuller for longer, it also speeds the rate at which you burn calories.

Melinda - Glad you are getting in to yoga eventually I would like to do some pilates but i need to lose some bulk first. Actually my blood pressure has been fine with the meridia I havent noticed any side effects I feel great!

Cindi - So sorry that your DS is so ill I will pray for him to have a speedy recovery.

Crystal - With WATP you pop it in the dvd player and start walking (in place) and there are 4 basic steps it is soo easy 1. walking in place 2. sidesteps 3. knee lifts 4. and kicks. And if you get the whole express set you get a stretchie band with your videos and they use those to work out your arms I think you would enjoy them. I myself wasn't too into working out but these are just too good, easy and fun, my daughter will do them with me sometimes.

Spryng - wow you wonder woman you!! I got my kitchen cleaned up so thats good to go and the living room is kinda picked up but taylor has her toys in there so I'm not going to worry about it too much. I am going to dust though and I need to vaccuum and then Tay wants to do her mommy and me video. So I've got 13 miles walked in the month of May!! I'm really starting to feel good! Dinner tonight I think I'll do a chicken breast stuffed with broccoli and cheddar cheese and one step chicken seasoning on top, with asparagus. Lunch I'm going to make a vegetable soup with celery, carrots, cauliflower in it should be pretty good. I know I'm going to have to pick up the slack with some calories cuz I don't think I'll eat that many again. Maybe I'll make some mini meatballs to put in my soup yeah I think I'll do that

Ok guys I gotta get busy. I'll be back in a little bit.
Love to all
Michelle
Old 05-06-2004, 03:13 PM   #11  
2BoysMom

Just a quick hello. It was nice this morning so we got out early. Supposed to get storms this afternoon. Just now finished the 4 mile walk.... I have to get in the shower now before Tony wakes up from his nap!

I'll talk to you all later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:16 PM   #12  
SAHM of 3

Okay this is just a quick post. I'm making tacos for dinner but I think I'll just have a salad because I made a chocolate chip cake for dessert and I definitely want some of that. We are getting ready for our 2 hour Friends party, just us as a family. My 5 yo loves the show. I'll only let her watch it when it's okay for her to watch and they're not going too grown up in it. She loves Joey. Anyway, I'll be crying my eyes out later and enjoying my dessert. I'm still gonna try to exercise during the first half of it, it will get sad during the last half I'm sure. I'll probably check back in tonight when it's over and the kids are in bed. I hope you all have a great evening.
Hi to everyone out there.
TTYL
Old 05-06-2004, 06:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Crystal, you'll have to fill me in on how friends ends tonight because I'll be watching survivor and csi. That chocolate chip cake sounds wonderful! Enjoy your evening with your family
Geri, hope you were able to get that shower in, congrats on another 4 miles!! You are doing great!
Michelle, I wish I was wonder woman, LOL. But I did get alot accomplished today and I feel good about it.
Cindi, I hope christian gets better soon. Now you know why he kept getting the fever, his body was trying to fight it all on it's own. But now it has help and hopefully it passes quickly
Melinda, you don't have to sweat to get in a good workout. Pilates doesn't make you sweat much but I still feel it the next day. But it sounds like you enjoy it. Are the positions are to do? I'm sure that 2 lbs was water and you had just worked out which makes your muscles hold more water too, so I'm sure it will be gone very soon. Don't let them get you down, you are doing great. And I don't think there are chat times right now. Sometimes a couple of us will be up late and end up in the chat room together but nothing is organized. Maybe since the afternoon isn't working for us anymore we can have a scheduled late night chat. What do you all think?

Well, m laundry is officially caught up!!! Just folded and put away the very last load. All my baskets are empty. That hasn't happened in such a long time. Now I should be able to cut back to every other day and do just one load. I'm so excited about it! (pathetic huh?) lol. Dinner was good, I made the dirty rice and it hit the spot. I started watching The Last Samarai this afternoon and I'm really liking it so far, I'm just tired of crying!! lol. Has anyone else seen it yet? I'm about half way through now. I'l probably finish it later tonight.
Well, guess I will get off here. I hope everyong is having a wonderful evening!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:46 PM   #14  

Hi everyone!

Well I said I was gonna have chicken for dinner but I think I'm going to have a couple soft tacos with whole wheat low carb tortillas the tortilla isn't really allowed on Phase I on South Beach but I need some more calories for today and they are whole wheat which is allowed in phase II so I don't think it will be a problem. Also gonna have some ff refried beans which for some odd reason I've been craving lol.

Well I got my house cleaned today and now its a disaster already there are toys everywhere lol. Anyway I need to go cook cuz Friends is coming on and I really want to see the finale. I'll post again afterwards.

Michelle
Old 05-06-2004, 08:54 PM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

I am so behind on house work so I don't have time to get personal

You sure are some busy ladies

Have a great night! Hopefully tomorrow morning I will have a minute to myself to post.....lol
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote