South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:34 PM   #1  

Question Natural Peanut Butter Recs?

First just want to say that I'm a SB Newbie (Phase 1, day 2)--so far, so good, except a headache both afternoons.

I went in search of natural peanut butter, and bought the only kind my grocery had--Smuckers. Unfortunately, I think it's awful!

Was excited to be able to include PB on the plan, but miss my old Jif! Anyone find anything tasty? I know that it won't be as sweet as the standard brands that I grew up on, but just want something better than the Smuckers... Thanks!!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:03 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, MissChevious!

I'm sorry you didn't like the peanut butter. I grew up on it, so I always thought the sugar kind was more like a desert and less like PB! I hope you grow to like it as much as I do!

Did you see the PB cup recipe in the South Beach recipe forum? It's also here under my thread on eating PB during Phase 1. Sounds very good! I think you might like that!

I guess until you get used to it, you could put some sweetener on your PB. It just takes a shift in thinking...Peanut butter is a savory, not a sweet. It's nice and salty....yum! I hope you learn to like it!
Old 05-06-2004, 12:29 PM   #3  

Sorry MissChevious. I never ate PB, but bought Smuckers for SBD, and I like it too. Perhaps you could try the health food section of a bigger market and try another brand? In Phase 2 you could put it on an apple. Anyway, good luck........Jo
Old 05-06-2004, 01:54 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Did you see the PB cup recipe in the South Beach recipe forum? It's also here under my thread on eating PB during Phase 1. Sounds very good! I think you might like that!
No!!! Where is it? I saw mention of it in another post and I want to go out and get the stuff. I am PMS'ing BADLY and need something sweet.

I looked in the recipes under dessert and nadda. I know it's sugar-free fudgsicles, cool-whip free and peanut butter, I think.

Please fill me in!!!!

Old 05-06-2004, 04:57 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Hi, Jenn!

BTW, love your website! Been thinking about that when I feel irritable...out of my way, I'm hungry AND grouchy!

So, I hope I'm not quoting this wrong, but here's the scoop:

SBD PB cup:
1 sugar free fudgsicle
2 Tbsp PB
2 Tbsp Light Cool Whip

Let the fudgsicle melt a bit (or micro for 15 secs) and scrape off stick into a bowl.
Add the PB and cool whip, mix. Eat!

I also recently bought Sugar Free creamsicles. They are fabulous! They also make SF popsicles (in tropical flavors, too) and SF Jello, both in premade cups and in boxes.

I found a recipe in the recipe forum for a strawberry rhubarb dessert. It sounds awesome!

Hope this helps, Jenn!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:10 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Laurie -- it totally helps!

I bought the sugar-free popsicles and love them. I eat them when I am craving fruit. Also, I didn't like the rocitta desserts so I may have 1 or 2 in place of them.

Thanks for the recipe. I am going to go gto the gym and on the way home get some tonight
Old 05-07-2004, 05:08 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Yum, I had a popsicle today after lunch. Delicious!

MissChevious, have you had any luck finding something new to do with the PB so you like it better? I do have the Smuckers brand, and I must say that it is less salty and tasty than my favorite, Laura Scudders (I used to get that in CA). Personally, I add a little salt. Also, make sure to stir it really well or you get too much oil and the stuff in the bottom will become like a rock!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:35 PM   #8  

Smile

I decided to revisit the Smucker's jar the other day--and was surprised to find it much tastier! I think the first time that I tried it, I just didn't get it all mixed up very well--it definitely tasted oily to me. The refridgeration seems to have helped tremendously. Thanks for the suggestions! I'm glad I gave it another go.

BTW, I'm phase 1--can I include the cool whip if I make a PB cup? Wasn't sure that was allowed...
Old 05-10-2004, 09:13 PM   #9  
SHAD

I started the SBD today....although I haven't bought the book - am getting my info from the Prevention.com site. RE: Peanut butter. Do you have a food co-op or natural foods store nearby? They have these grinding machines where you dump in the whole peanuts and out comes the fresh p.b. - i won't say what it looks like snaking into your container. You can grind up small amounts at a time, thereby insuring the freshest product.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:31 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I just found low carb skippy peanut butter and I really like it.
Closed Thread