Old 05-05-2004, 04:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Stay At Home Moms #163

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:35 PM   #2  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Geez, we should just start a new thread each morning!!

You all have been busy!

Crystal, sorry you are having a rough time. I could tell you some stuff about my DH...he is more like yours than I thought. But let's not dwell on that, I don't want to jinx the good day I am having with him home... I am always here for you and am fine with you venting your frustrations with me as well. Sometimes it just helps to talk about it with someone else when you know your dh won't even listen. I can give you my number, too. I also have a free long distance plan, so I can call you anytime as well.

I am having an okay food day, but no exercise so far. Doubt there will be, it's Bible study night. I am tired. Christian isn't sleeping at night and now is running a fever. I may not be going anywhere.

Gotta go cook dinner! Be back later.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Love you gals!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:36 PM   #3  

Default Work out done!! 9 miles for the week so far!

Hey guys! I just got my walk done and so far I've done 9 miles for the week!! I'm excited!! Today I asked hubby if it looked like my belly was getting smaller and he said yes!! I hope he is being honest and not just telling me what I want to hear.

Sarah - I'm so glad you didn't take my comment as catty, I want you to know that I had to tell myself the same thing and get my butt in gear.

Spryng - Ty so much for the WW stuff you are so great!! If I ever get bored with SBD thats gonna be the next one I try. Also can you tell me how many points I can have in a day with my current weight stat below I'm 5'4" 236 (although the scale said something NICER this morning!! Weigh in on Sunday!!)

Crystal - I really hope you're feeling better. I want you to know that if you ever ever need someone to talk to I'm definately here for you, please don't forget that.

Geri - Has Will gone on another bike ride? How are the brakes going ? Hope all is well with you!!

Penny - Wherreeee areeeee youuuuu?? Check my fitday! I've done awesome today! Got in my workout and I feel wonderful!!

Ricci - I hope your day is going well!!

Ginny - So glad to see you got a whole post in with out your computer being a b**ch lol Thanks for the advice on checking out ebay for ww stuff I saw they did have quite a few listings but right now we are having to be tight with the cash lol. My medical bills are catching up with us.

Leigh - I can't remember when you get back from your Vacation but I hope you are having fun! Rekindle that romance girly

Jessi - Are you lurking out there girly?? Come let us know how you're doing!

Cindi - How are things going for you today?

If I missed anyone else blame my head not my heart hope you are doing well!

Well on the flipside Teagan went to the doctor today for her well baby check and immunizations listen to these stats girls:

weight : 19 and 13 and 1/4 oz in the 95%
Length: 28 inches in the 97%
Head: 17 1/4 inch in the 80%
She will be 7 months old on the 13th of this month and the doctor said they are really impressed with her mobility for her age and that she is pretty advanced *proud momma grin*

Ok guys I'm taking a big step here and I'm gonna put up my Before pics from a few days ago it makes me sick to look at them but it is something I need to do to make this journey worth the trip

I hope they are attached right lol sorry they are a little pixelated cuz of the sizing restrictions.

Ok I gotta go now I'll see you guys later!!
Michelle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Michellefatfront3.jpg (43.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Michellefatside3.jpg (44.2 KB, 44 views)
Old 05-05-2004, 04:42 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

OK OK LADIES!

WHERE THE HECK DID THE DAY GO?????

YA"LL HAVE BEEN BUSY LITTLE BEES ON HERE TODAY! I GOTTA GET STARTED ON SUPPER BUT WILL BE BACK LATER

HAVE A GREAT ONE!

PS Michelle, You are very pretty
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:09 PM   #5  

ty penny you are too too kind but it is nice to hear
Michelle
Old 05-05-2004, 05:26 PM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Smile I'm better

Hi girls. Not that much has changed since dh isn't home from work yet, but I am feeling alot better. I think I made things sound worse than they really are. My dh does have some good qualities too. I'm ready for him to get home so I can start pointing out some of the good things. Here's one...he always makes me laugh. I always said I would marry someone that made me laugh and he does it. He has a beautiful smile and great eyes. He's tall and thin with short hair. In fact he's almost 6'2" and I'm only 5'3". I'll think of more later.
Michelle, I think you look fine. Don't forget that it takes like a year or more before they say you get anywhere close to normal again. I'd say you're doing fine. How big was your daughter when she was born. My son, Andrew, 17 months was 8 lbs. 4 oz. He has ALWAYS been in the 95% for his weight, height and head. He was 32 lbs. now more than Ally and she's almost 3 years.

Thank you girls so much for your support today. I think that is what has made me feel so much better. I guess for the most part Kevin is a good guy he just has some bad qualities but we all do.

Okay I'm going to post again with an idea I had. After today and you girls have acted like some of my best friends as if we've known each other for ever, I thought we should share some not so personal info about ourselves so just follow my lead. This info is for all of us not just me.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #7  
bluekitty

Location: Plano, TX (but originally from the pacific northwest)

Michelle, you are a pretty mama! You inspired me to take "before" pics of myself as well!

Ugghh. I am having a rough day. My parents LOVE to tell me how to take care of and raise my son. Is it normal for your mothers or mom's in law to say to your kid: "Come to mommy" Or "My boy (or girl)"? . I've asked my mom to quit that and she won't. She told me I'll just have to deal w/it. I don't want her watching my son until this stops.Time to go on evening walk...

Later girls!
Sarah
bluekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:56 PM   #8  

Thank you guys for the compliments! you made my day!

Sarah - OMG!! I would flip out if my mom was having my kids call her mommy I would just go berserk!! That is NOT something you have to deal with and you need to set her butt straight. Yes my mom and mil both have told me what to do with my girls and I don't particularly care for the advice lol. When my kids were first born my MIL had told me that it IS ok to put her to sleep on her tummy...even though I tried pointing out that times have changed and there is scientific evidence that shows that the back to sleep is better for baby. Just hang in there and let most of it roll off you, but if it were me I would not put up with ANYONE telling my kids to call them mommy. Thats just wrong.

Ok girls I need to go get dinner prepared.
Love to all
Michelle

Crystal - You are a such a great person.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:57 PM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Smile Favorites

Okay you'll catch on.....

Favorite Color: all shades of green

Birthday: July 28, 1977

Anniversary: September 30, 1995

Education: High School, Terrell High School 1995

Job History: All clerical

Favorite Music: Country and Christian

Religion: Baptist

Kids Names & Ages: Alisa 5 years, Ally almost 3 years, and Andrew 17 months

DH'S Name: Kevin

Favorite Time of Day and Why: Mornings; it's quiet and beautiful.

What Would You Have Done If You Hadn't Gotten Married: moved away to New York City. Not sure why. Just always wanted to act and be in the middle of entertainment industry.

Now if any of you think of any other things to add, please do so. I'm gonna either print or write all this out so I can remember these things about y'all and feel like I'm closer to you.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Sarah, that is not normal. I think you need to tell your mom, very sturnlike, your son will not call her mommy and she better never say that again. I haven't had that problem with my MIL. She was never much of a mother to my son so she isn't like that now. My mom has done a few things that I've had to say something about. If I'm standing right there watching my son get into something I wait to get on to him until he actually gets into it, but my mother, with me standing there no doubt, will start getting on to him. I've said, uhm, mom, I'm right here. He's my son, I'll get on to him. Or she's told my daughter to tell her yes ma'am and I think that's for me to tell my daughter. Besides, I wasn't brought up to tell my parents ma'am and sir only other people so what the big deal was, I don't know. So yes Sarah, that is strange and you may have to get rude, but I'd make her stop.

Michelle and Cindi, do you two take Synthroid??? My sister is on it and is pregnant. They tell her it's okay to take while pregnant, but she wasn't sure. She's not one to take medicine. Did you take it while pregnant? Did it effect your pregnancy or labor or delivery? She was just wondering...
Old 05-05-2004, 06:06 PM   #11  
bluekitty

Crystal, I know what you were getting at. I think we all have highs and lows in our marriages....that is just being married. People go through changes and funks...that's life. I hope your day gets better.

Sarah
Old 05-05-2004, 06:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Well dinner hit the spot tonight. I ended up making chicken spaghetti and the kids ate it up. Tanner just enjoyed the garlic bread, lol.
Ok here are my answers to that little poll...

Favorite Color: all shades of green too!! especially sage

Birthday: Feb 11, 1980

Anniversary: April 4, 1998

Education: High school (homeschooled through high school)

Job History: fast food, housekeeper at a hotel

Favorite Music: Just about everything. LOVE big hair bands and the 80's, but also love new stuff. Love rock.

Kids Names & Ages: Ava Naveen, 4 Joseph Paul (aka Bubba) 3 and Tanner Ace 10 months old

DH'S Name: Joe

Favorite Time of Day and Why: Bed time! Because it's very quiet here. I talk to my DH right before I go to bed and it's all my time and very calm.

What Would You Have Done If You Hadn't Gotten Married: Hmmm.... probably would still be living at home under a control freak mother. So glad I met my dh!!

Now if any of you think of any other things to add, please do so. I'm gonna either print or write all this out so I can remember these things about y'all and feel like I'm closer to you.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:18 PM   #13  
bluekitty

Yeah, well I've been rude, and it doesn't matter. She stopped the Mommy thing after the third time I've told her to stop, but she still says "My boy". I've told her to stop, she doesn't care. It is such a slap in the face! I've decided she won't watch Kyle until she stops that stuff completely. She says I'm being possessive by not letting her say "my boy". I wasn't being possessive, but her not stopping has gotten me a bit freaked out so I am less enthused about her spending much time w/him...even when I'm there. My parents don't like I hold him if he's been crying, they think it's un neccessary for to change his diaper every time it's wet (I change it between naps, like every hour and half to two hours) They think I should change it only when it's poopy. And I don't make formula the way they think I ought to and they think I should quit breastfeeding all together. I am so MAD!! I don't even want to hang out w/my mother on Mom's day. I will since I have grandparents are in town .

Now I really have to go for my walk...
sarah
Old 05-05-2004, 06:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Ok, I was going to get personal earlier but Dh called and I had to cut it short.

Sarah, maybe you can get your mom to call your son "my grandboy" or something to show that she is his grandmother and not his mother. Hey I butted heads so many times with my MIL because of doing things differently than she did with her kids. I still do at times. It happens and is normal. But stand firm with your resolve, don't let someone else try to conform your parenting to their own. Everyone has to do it their own way. Hope you got your walk in and you feel better now.
Michelle, that is so great that you posted your before pictures. Just think in 9-12 months from now you'll post new ones and you won't even recognize yourself!!! i wish I would have taken my before pictures. But now I just have to go on memory. oh and your target pts would be 28 per day and 35 flexpoints to use during that week to go along with it. I get 20 pts a day so 28 seems like alot, you could eat well on 28 pts!
Crystal, so glad you are feeling better and so glad you called!! It was nice to place a voice with your name! You do sound very texan And I am sure you and your dh will work things out. Hang in there!
Penny, so glad to see a post from you today, I'll be looking forward to another after your dinner is over

Well that is all I have time for. I'm going to clean up my kitchen and get ready to go tan tonight. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:44 PM   #15  
bluekitty

Yeah, well I've been rude, and it doesn't matter. She stopped the Mommy thing after the third time I've told her to stop, but she still says "My boy". I've told her to stop, she doesn't care. It is such a slap in the face! I've decided she won't watch Kyle until she stops that stuff completely. She says I'm being possessive by not letting her say "my boy". I wasn't being possessive, but her not stopping has gotten me a bit freaked out so I am less enthused about her spending much time w/him...even when I'm there. My parents don't like I hold him if he's been crying, they think it's un neccessary for to change his diaper every time it's wet (I change it between naps, like every hour and half to two hours) They think I should change it only when it's poopy. And I don't make formula the way they think I ought to and they think I should quit breastfeeding all together. I am so MAD!! I don't even want to hang out w/my mother on Mom's day. I will since I have grandparents are in town .

Now I really have to go for my walk...
sarah