Old 04-30-2004, 12:42 PM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 18

Hi Everyone!

My goal for this week is to not get on the scale but twice--once on Sunday, once on Wednesay. I would like to lose around 3.5 this week to hit my 20 pound loss mark.

Dan: Glad things are getting back to normal for you. We have missed you!

Take care everyone!

CHach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Thanks, Chach.

I am ready to start losing again. I'm going the low carb route. I've had a couple of good days now. Haven't stepped back on the scale yet, though.

Have a good week, everybody.

Dan
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:02 AM   #3  

Hey all. Good morning. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I have been getting more consistant with my weight workouts. I had a 1 1/2 pound loss this week. Hurray. Only 100 more to go! How sad is that? Ah well. starts with the first step. Here's to a great week all. I really don't have any new goals. I do want to check fitday a couple of times to check my calorie intake - the shock from that should help me with portion sizes. The other thing I want to do is my yoga tapes, but that will have to wait until my "roommate" is gone. I gave up caffeine/ soda this weekend. So far, so good. The headaches have not been too bad, and no bodies have turned up yet. I am drinking crystal light tea and lemonade, and hope to drink more water.

Here's to a great week for everyone.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:07 PM   #4  

I'M IN TWOFERVILLE!!! I'M IN TWOFERVILLE!!! ok i finally made it. wi this morning showed a 5 lb. loss. i am walking on cloud 9. never gonna see 300 again. i hope everyone had a great weekend. check in with you all later.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:59 PM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

TWO, TWO, GIVE ME A TWO!!!

TWO, TWO, GIVE ME A TWO!!!

Attention all.....we have a new resident in TWOFERVILLE!!!!!

Chequita, girl, I am sooooooooo very proud of you! Excellent job and what an incredible weight loss so far! You are so inspirational! Just chugging along and knocking the pounds away. Great job! Now, if you will excuse me, I gotta work on getting OUT of Twoferville and onto ONEDERLAND!

Dan: I'm glad you are back on track. Way to go! Now, keep posting and let us all know where your struggles are and we will try to help!

Jolly: I'm glad you aren't experiencing many headaches with the non-caffeine. I had horrible withdrawls when I left the coffee alone. Now, I can have diet sodas with it not affecting me very much. Love the new Diet Coke with Lime. Yummy! I have about 100 to go to WW goal, but only around 80 for my goal. I want 150, that's all.

Did pretty well this weekend, even with all the stuff going on. Ate well at the bridal shower and kinda pms'd out yesterday. (Sorry Dan!) That's okay, back on track today. Hoping for a 4 pound loss this week, but I don't know if that will happen. I want to hit the 20 pounds gone mark. If I work hard, I can do it this week. I think it's 3.2 to get it!

Great job, Chequita, and I'm glad everyone else is back!

Chach
Old 05-05-2004, 12:37 PM   #6  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello? Where is everyone?????

Weigh in tonight. I know I will be down, just don't know how much.

Wish me luck, if anyone is out there.

Chach
Old 05-05-2004, 01:46 PM   #7  

i am here for you chach. my fingers are crossed and i know you will have a great wi. and by the way happy cinco de mayo. hope everyone else is doing great and having a wonderful wed.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:53 PM   #8  

Hey all. Good luck with weigh in tonight, Chachee. I am struggling a bit with eating. Still have my "roommate" which is causing stress. My exercise is still ok, just eating more than I should. Though, I did stop before I went through any drivethroughs. I did lose some this week too.

Have a good day all.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:32 AM   #9  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would check in and let you all know how weigh in went. Down 2.2 to a total of 19 lost. Yes, 19 and not 20. Oh well, I'll get em next week! PMS acting up. (Sorry, Dan!)

I'm really sleepy, so I am going to bed. Just wanted to jump on here and let you all know how it went.

Chach
Old 05-06-2004, 05:40 AM   #10  

Good morning everybody!

Chequita: Congratulations on twoferville! Downward and onward - we are all proud of you.

Jolly: I don't think that I could give up caffeine -- I could live w/out the soda, but I love the coffee too much. I've gone off it several times, and I had terrible, terrible headaches. But, I always resumed it. I don't drink much - - just a cup or two on weekdays, sometimes 3 on a weekend. I never correlated caffeine with my weight loss success or failures - it seems to have more to do with the ice cream, cookie, and potato chip consumption than anything else! I am glad that is working for you, though.

Chach: 2.2 this week is great! You'll hit 20 next time. And, you have a permanent dispensation to discuss PMS. You see, I am one of the few guys who actually suffers from that ailment, so I am not the least bashful about hearing of it spoken (or written).

Now, I have some great news - - we went to see Eric's doctor, and the diagnosis was the best that we could realistically have hoped for. The doctor was right, the condition is chronic and not curable. It is, however, a condition that progresses very slowly if at all. Only about 25% of people with his particular condition experience chronic renal failure within 25 years of diagnosis. Without getting into too much detail, there are many factors that indicate that his chances are significantly better than that. The Dr. is optimistic that he will never have any significant problems from this. If he does, it may not be for another 50 years or more. He will need to be monitored and will be on medication for the rest of his life, but the medicine does not have any serious side effects. The protein loss waxes and wanes, and for the moment, he is not losing anything. He will continue growing normally, and he is unlikely to develop the swelling due to water retention so common in children with kidney disease. In short, he can expect a healthy and normal life. There is no good reason to put him on a very restrictive, low-protein diet. Fish oil supplements may help, and we are looking into that further.

This is such a relief, and it was very unexpected. The cessation of protein loss is unusual, and the levels of protein loss that he had previously had suggested a more serious problem. I want to thank you all for your kind thoughts, support, and prayers.

Now, I have some bad news. I have been eating everything in sight. I know that I'm gaining. I am heavier now than I was at the beginning of the year. This has got to stop. My parents are coming into town today. They started SBD at my urging and have done extremely well. I expect that they will be a good influence on me.

So, it is time to turn from Eric's health and get a little selfish and focus more on my own. My new goals:

1. Resume South Beach Diet, resume 2 week induction starting NOW.

2. Back to the gym - starting tonight. At least 2X/week; preferrably 3 or 4.

3. 10 pounds by end of May; 10 more by end of June; 5 lbs/month after that until final goal is reached.

4. Log on here at least every other day. I'll let you know how those goals are coming along.

The birds are singing outside the window; I love spring.

Be well

Dan
Old 05-06-2004, 09:30 AM   #11  

chach CONGRATS on the loss. you will get that 20 lbs. next week. you are doing so good.
dan, that news is great. i am so happy for you and your son and the whole family. congrats on getting back on your goals. it was expected that the trials you have undergone for the last could of weeks or so would throw anyone off track. your goals sound great and just remember we are here for you.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:15 AM   #12  

Good morning all. Chachee, way to go on the loss. I know you wanted to hit 20 - but that is still a great loss. Dan, I am glad the news was better than you expected for your son. What a relief. Good luck getting back on track - I know you can do it. As for the caffeine, giving it up wasn't really about weight loss. I am just trying to eat as healthy as possible. I know I drink too much soda, etc., and need to drink more water. So . . . The headaches only last for a couple of days, then, back to normal.

Well, I did my weight training this morning. I still hate it. But, I know it is somehting I should do. My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week. In a year . . .

Have a good day all.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:15 PM   #13  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All!

Thanks for all the congrats. Just trying to stay focused.....

Dan: Wonderful news on your son. Taking meds is not the greatest thing in the world, but to be able to control a disease with it is great. I'm sorry you are eating everything in sight, but it will all come right back into place. Sounds like some good goals for you.

Chequita: How is your week going? Still on track now that you are in Twoferville??? I have no doubt you are!

Jolly: 2 pounds a week is what I wanted to lose. Some weeks were not so great, some were really good. Now, all I want when I get on the scale is a loss. I'm happy with that. Now, I would love to have it all gone in one week, but it took longer than that to get it on me. Just impatient!

Whoever gets here first tomorrow can start up the new thread, as I am usually later than others getting online.

Chach
Old 05-08-2004, 06:21 AM   #14  

Well, good news from Connecticut. I'm back on track. I've already lost 3 1/2 pounds and am now a full pound lighter than when we started this thread back in January. So, I'm chosing to celebrate the net loss of a pound and a downward trend rather than dwell on the lost progress.

Beautiful weather here. Have a nice weekend, everyone.