Old 05-04-2004, 10:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Stay At Home Moms #162

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:24 PM   #2  

I loved American Idol tonigh my favorite kind of music is jazz/swing/big band. I would have to say my fave top 3 were George, Fantasia, and LaToya. I can't wait to see the results show tomorrow.

How is everyones night going? Just thought I'd check in!! I'll be lurking for a little bit so I'll be on the site

TTYL
Michelle
Old 05-04-2004, 10:27 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I tell you we are flying through these threads!!!!!

It is great that we are so active on this board

Crystal,
I am so sorry about your toothache! I feel your pain! I had a root canal done on one of my front teeth not long ago and now my wisdom teeth are giving me fits! I will keep you in my prayers and hope you are feeling better soon Get some rest!

Spryng,
I need some help if you don't mind. If I give you my fitday totals for the day can you calculate my points, please please! LOL I did great today until supper time and I ate some white carbs. Well I know I failed on SB tonight but if I was on other plans then I would have kept my spirits up b/c i did great. I know some of the points but not all of them.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:17 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok Spryng,

I pulled out my ww info and I had 23 points for today and flex says I should have 22.......

I feel a little better
Old 05-04-2004, 11:18 PM   #5  
2BoysMom

Good evening ladies,

Wow, it's impossible to keep up with all of you! I'll do better in the winter again. Our computer is in our basement/rec room so I don't get on it much once the weather gets warm. It took me 15 minutes just to read all the day's posts.

Got the mowing done today and then took the boys for a walk. Will rode his new bike but he has to learn to stop on it. He got going down a hill and couldn't stop and went through an intersection...luckily it was in our subdivision where there isn't much traffic durning the day. I almost had a heart attack!!

I'm following Dr Phil also and it's workign for me. This week I'm eating cupcakes though that we made for Will's birthday so I'll have to do some extra exercise to make up for them. They're almost gone thank goodness!!

I'm so tired, I'm not even going to try to address you all!! Have a great night and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:39 PM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Have a great night Geri and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WILL!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 11:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Geri, that bike ride sounds fun! It has training wheels right? I remember the day I got my training wheels taken off my bike, my whole family and I went for a walk/ride (us kids rode our bikes) I felt like such a big kid because I could keep up with all my cousins. Well they veered off the road and onto a dirt path and at the end of the path was a wooden wall and they all just turned their bikes and missed it... well not me. I couldn't get my bike to stop!!! I ran smack into that wall and screwed my nose all up. I was more embarassed than anything because I wanted to be a big kid too... the worse part is my grandma caught it all on film. I was about 5 or 6 at the time. So I understand your son's problem with the brakes, lol.
Penny I'm so sorry I didn't get on here earlier to see you needed my help. Of course I would have figured out your pts for the day, but it looks like you did it too. 23 pts is great! So 22 would be your target right and you had 1 flexpoint. That is good. Are you switching over or were you just curious?
Michelle, I didn't really enjoy AI tonight. I am not a fan of big band music so it did nothing for me. But I do enjoy watching them perform. I am really clueless as to who will win this one. I think Jasmine and Diana will definitely be in the bottom 3 tomorrow though. Not because they were bad but Latoya and Fantasia are SO good. I did watch on interesting show on the discovery channel about the bermuda triangle. Very intriguing. But I don't think there is any mystery there... just alot of coincidences and too much publicity. But interesting none the less. lol
Well I am exausted tonight too for some reason. Dh almost got into a really bad fight with his mom today on the phone. She told him that they told me to bring the kids out there so I could go to the ER this morning when he knew they said no such thing. She made it out like I was the one who refused to make plans with them. But she called me to see if I was feeling better and all that. I know she did because DH let into her. O-well... even fake sympathy is nice every now and then. But I really do feel fine now. Just tired tonight, but I'm sure that is from TOM on his way to ruin my weekend, lol. I want to snack so badly tonight and I've had to fight myself all day. After I did my running this morning I went through Wendy's to get the kids a happy meal for lunch and boy did I want some fries!!! But instead I got a small chili (3.5 pt) and had a lean cuisine with it for lunch. And I didn't feel like cooking tonight so the kids had their choice (they chose bologna sandwiches and chips) and I ate another lean cuisine meal (it was really good!) and then I left myself one pt for a minature hershey bar. It helped with my craving for chocolate but boy I didn't want to stop at just one. But I did!! I'll be so glad when this week is over.
Ok, I'm off to bed now. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:03 AM   #8  

Spryng - I'm glad your hubby took the initiative to call his family to get them to give you some help!! I agree with you about the bottom for tomorrw, I really don't like Diana she has some sort of snooty quality about her that really rubs me the wrong way I admit she has wonderful talent though but I think personality should play into it as well.

Geri - LOL Yes we've been keeping busy, just shows you how much we need eachother You mow your lawn? I make hubby do it lol mostly because I have hayfever and fresh cut grass just about kills my nose lol. Good for Will taking a ride on his new bike I bet he really enjoyed that!! Get those brakes working lol. MMMM cupcakes sound soo good!! I wanted a low carb tortilla so badly today but I didnt give in cuz they aren't on phase one of SBD I can't wait til phase II there is a lot of wonderful things added back in. I've got like 1005 calories for the day though so thats pretty good.

Anyway I'm pretty tired I had a rough day baby decided to throw up a few times I dunno what was up but she threw up on me twice then fell asleep and then woke up and she was fine. It scared me cuz I had never seen a baby start heaving then throw up. I got TOM tonight but I don't think I'll show a gain this week cuz I've been drinking a lot of water so I won't retain it as bad! I've actually got at least 64 oz of water a day which is good for me cuz somedays I can go without drinking anything at all. Spryng I think you asked me the other day if I was taking a vitamin and I can't remeber if I answered or not but yes I am taking flintstones lol cuz I have them on hand and heck its ALMOST like a piece of candy So this week when I've weighed myself in the morning like I do everyday I've either shown a loss or a maintain from the day before which is great I'm sure my WI on sunday will show good results. *keeping my fingers crossed*

Ok I'm done rambling and I'm off to bed!
Love and sweet dreams to all!!
Michelle
Old 05-05-2004, 07:07 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

'Morning!
No way I am going to leave a long post.......too tough to do at this hour and I am still trying to see if my computer woes have been cured.

Geri- happy B day to Will! Spryng - don't overdo stuff, ok? Crystal- hows that miserable tooth! Take care.
Melinda, Sarah, Michele......aw, my feeble mind is slipping-sorry to all who I did not get personal with. Got another long day ahead of me.....they are all long these days. Wait till you have teenagers!!!!!!

Gotta go wake up Dd and get ready for the insanity. See ya!!!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:33 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Smile Hidy Ho!!

Okay, I promise I really did have a toothache last night to the point of tears. I slept ALL night and now I'm fine. No toothache or nothing. I don't really understand. I've had that happen before with another tooth but it didn't hurt that bad. Oh well, I'm not gonna try to find an explanation for it, I just know it doesn't hurt anymore.

Spryng, I'm glad your dh had a talk with his mother too. I've never had to worry about that with my dh and his mom but my sister used to have that problem, her dh was a mama's boy and wouldn't step up to her but all that has changed.

Michelle, sorry about TOM glad about the water. I hope your little girl is okay, babies do that sometimes. Let us know.

Geri, glad you had a good day. Think about us when you eat that last cupcake. I was thinking yesterday that starting this month and EVERY month from here on out my family has 1 or more birthdays a month. Just to give y'all a piece of this and because my sister has so many kids listen... 2 bd's this month, 2 in June, 2 in July, 1 in August, 1 in September, 2 and a new baby in October, 2 in November and Thanksgiving, and 4 in December and Christmas. And that's just MY family not my dh's. All that cake, what's a girl to do?

Penny, thanks for your prayers. It sounds like you may need to switch to WW, huh?

Well, I don't want to go into any details because this is a weight loss forum. Should we discuss personal problems with each other? I mean we have all shared ALOT of personal things but there are more. Like problems with dh, those problems can get really personal and you all may not care to hear. I thought I'd check before I dove into them. Just let me know if y'all even want to hear about those problems. It's not a problem if you don't.
Okay, I haven't been able to exercise this week like I had wanted to. First day it was my foot, second day it was my tooth. We'll see about today. Smallville comes on tonight, I might ride my bike during that. I did get all my seeds planted in the garden yesterday and went grocery shopping with three kids, that constitute as exercise, right? I'm staying home today. Getting some more cleaning done. I should be recieving a Watkins package today with a big order, that is always so much fun, like Christmas. Well girls, you all have a great day and I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:38 AM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Okay so I don't feel so bad, will everyone talk about a few bad things with their dh? Just list a few problems with him and then I will and I won't feel so bad. My list could go on and on though. Michelle from the way you talk I don't think your dh has any bad issues, although no man is perfect so I'm sure he does. Tell us tell us...
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:48 AM   #12  

Good Morning!!!

Ginny - I hope you have fun dealing with the insanity today lol.

Crystal - Get personal sure!! We're all friends here and we're here to help eachother! I think that all personal problems can contribute to weight and emotional eating (not taht you do that) but hey if we have to tie it into weight loss that works doesnt it? lol

I was thinking of WW too but I can't afford to purchase and I don't have anyone that can give/share materials with me So for now South Beach will work plus once I get to phase 2 I'll get to eat a wider variety of things . Well Teagan has a doctors appt. today and she's getting some shots eeks!! I told hubby it's his turn to take her to the doc cuz I cry everytime she gets shots my poor little girl hurting just breaks my heart.

Anyway Hubby said I could go back to bed if I wanted so I'm gonna go lay in bed and read for a little bit, then get up and weigh myself for today See if TOM has affected my weight yet.

Love
Michelle
Old 05-05-2004, 09:55 AM   #13  

LOL Crystal!!! ok ok yes my hubby has horrible habits that enrage me sometimes lol he smacks his food, he doesnt ever look at me when I'm talking to him so it makes me think he isn't listening but he has always heard what I say, also he doesnt acknowledge me when I talk to him sometimes, so I'll be telling him blah, blah, blah and not so much as a nod of the head from him, he also NEVER puts the toilet seat down geez I hate that one, lets see ok heres a gross one LOL but if he has gas he Never goes to the bathroom to do it he always does it in front of me grrrr!! AND when we are arguing and I tell him to leave me alone he won't that totally enfuriates me to no end lol. One more thing when he shaves his head he always leaves the friggen hair on the bathroom floor for me to put away Arggghhhhh.

Ok those are my annoyances with hubby lol but thats about the extent of it

What are yours? Lol
Michelle
Old 05-05-2004, 10:09 AM   #14  
bluekitty

Location: Plano, TX (but originally from the pacific northwest)

Default Mornin ladies!

Well, I already screwed up today... It's about nine and I had a donut since relatives are over for the week. At least I have the REST of the day to make it up. Why are they called donuts anyhow....they should be doughrings! Okay, that was my deep thought for the day.

BUT I did very well last night! My hubby had dessert and offered me some as usual, and I declined. I had to leave the room for a minute, but it worked and the craving passed.

Has anyone heard of the sugar busters diet? Has anyone been on it? I am SO addicted it's not funny, and I am willing to give it a try!

Housework is calling, so is my coffee. talk to ya'll later!
Sarah
bluekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:20 AM   #15  
bluekitty

Location: Plano, TX (but originally from the pacific northwest)

Hmmm...annoying things that hubby's do. If I had all day! j/k

Mine insists on bringing home tempting treats about every night and offering them to me, despite my asking him not to even offer it to me. He "forgets". He is addicted to sugar like me....and he will spend about $ 10-15 a week on goodies. Even though $15 isn't much, it could be better elsewhere.

Oh, another one is dressing the way he does when he go on a date. He is a musician ( drummer) and he wears metal t-shirts and camoflaguge shorts. I don't care if he dresses like that around house or when we are bumming around town running errands....just not on a date! We don't get many of those. GUYS.....(sigh) I love my hubby though, he is really wonferful. Those things are completely minor considering all of his awesome qualities.

Sarah
bluekitty is offline   Reply With Quote