General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:48 PM   #1  
~ Berry Happy ~

Default "Melt Off Weight With Frozen Food...."

I found this article last week, titled "Melt Off Weight With Frozen Food" at another weight loss website.

Since then I have been kinda following this plan because it suits my lifestyle currently.

Each morning, I wake up and eat a healthy breakfast - usually consisting on 1 protein, 1 starch, and 1 fruit.

At lunch time I eat a Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine frozen meal that I bought from the grocery store.

Between lunch and dinner I eat a Kellogg's Krave bar.

And for dinner, I eat another Healthy Choice, or Lean Cuisine frozen meal. I also add frozen or fresh veggies & fruit with it since they don't always give you enough.

So far, I have VERY easily been able to stick with this plan. I don't have to sit there and plan out a dinner during the week, because only I am home. But on the weekends, I will find something healthy to cook for my fiance' and I. So far I am really loving this plan, and I DON'T feel hungry!
kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:21 AM   #2  
Om shanti

Really great advice -- a rarity from the popular press.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:28 AM   #3  

The highly respected E-diets, which last year won top honors for their weight loss program, includes something similar to this for those people whose lives are so hectic that cooking is impossible or plain just hate to cook.

Good luck with this and hope it works well with you! (just be careful to watch for sodium if you tend to retain water or have high blood pressure as frozen dinners are notorious for having lots of sodium!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:24 PM   #4  

I have done this for the last three months and have lost over 20 pounds and still losing. My typical day:

B:CarbTracker Waffles (High protein, high fiber, reasonably low carb) and SF syrup
Snack: Balance Bar
L: Healthy Choice/LC dinner (Love HC turkey and Chicken Margarita!)
Snack: Atkins Bagel or 2 slices Atkins Rye Bread
D: Lower Calorie LC dinner (250 Kcal or so)
Snack: Protein Shake (One scoop powder, 5 frozen strawberries, ice, water).

Total is around 1400 Kcal with a ratio of 40/30/30. I exercise for at least one hour each day, two sessions of HIIT/Aerobics/Weight training and the occasional yoga for variety. I find that the 6 small meals a day really help cut cravings!

Heather
168/146/135

Edited to add: I get less than 2.5gm NA/per day (dietary recommendations) and supplement with a MVI and Calcium Citrate.

Last edited by featherz; 05-05-2004 at 12:25 PM. Reason: adding data
featherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:18 PM   #5  
~ Berry Happy ~

featherz - WOW! Congrats on your weight loss so far! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there doing this. This is my first FULL week doing this so far, so I'm not sure if I've lost anything yet. I'll weigh on Friday.

The last plan I used, I felt hungry all the time because I was constantly watching my fat, calories, ect... and really I just wasn't eating enough. (I was going to a place called "The Medical Weight Loss Clinic".

By doing the plan that I am now doing, I DO NOT feel hungry all the time, and I enjoy what I eat!
kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:30 PM   #6  

It works for me. I could not figure out why I had gained weight! I exercised a LOT, I didn't eat fast food, only rarely ate sweets, did not eat bowls of pasta, etc. After switching to the frozen dinners, I realized-I was eating fine, but my portions were just too dang big!

When I first started, I was also having 'dessert' of Healthy Choice ice cream sandwiches (that way it's also portion controlled) - I lost weight quickly, but after a bit of a stall about 13 pounds in I dropped those and went to the six small meals plan with more protein and a few fewer carbs. The Atkins Bread and low carb waffles are there to add in more protein and fiber as well as a little fat to keep everything 40/30/30 or so.

Plus I have one 'refeed' day on the weekend-I don't pig out, just eat at maintenance levels to kick the metabolism up a tad. So it's a mishmash of Zone, Body for Life and the 'supermarket' diet.

Featherz
168/146/135
featherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #7  

After 4 months on NutriSystem I have switched to this plan to cut food costs by about 50%. So far however, I find myself more hungry but hope to adjust? Plus, the more you lose, the harder it is to FURTHER lose. Nobody said this would be easy!
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/135

Height: 5'4"

Default what desserts are ok with this?

For example, how often? how much did jenny craig allow or should I just forget low fat pudding and ww snacks forever and go to fresh fruit (of course) but I know I'll have to get my fix sooner or later.
keepnsane is offline   Reply With Quote