Old 05-02-2004, 11:26 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay at home mom's #160

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Geri - I feel that way somedays too. Taylor will throw massive fits in stores and when I pick her up from playdates its horribly embarassing sometimes I'm pretty sure people think I'm kidnapping her. Hang in there girly it will be ok. I think maybe you should tell dh that you especially need a couple hours to yourself today, but thats my opinion lol.

Ok I got my 2 hour walk in and I'm going to try for another mile after lunch. Hubby wants to go use the treadmill since the baby just went down for a nap so I guess we'll go to the park this afternoon.

Well I'm gonna get going and get my house picked up AGAIN!! lol
TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:42 AM   #3  
SAHM of 3

Red face Good late morning

Hi girls, I'm checking in somewhat late for me. My net wasn't working this morning for some reason. I'm working on putting together some teacher appreciation gifts for my mom's work. I'm putting some Watkins samples and a business card in some bags. Need to take a shower and later we're going to dh's grandparents for dinner to celebrate lots of family member's birthdays.

Anyway, I'm doing a little better than I was yesterday, still not great. I'm still alittle emotional, thinking it's getting ready for TOM. At least that's what I hope it is. Last time I got so emotional that I could tell myself, I was.....................(gulp)!!!................. ....you know........................PG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not this time, I assure you.

Anyway, thanks Spryng and Michelle for your kind words and cyber hugs. I really needed that. I don't have anyone close to me. My sister and I are close but she lives about an hour away and has 7 kids, doesn't always have time to chat. My other good friend lives over an hour away and is like NEVER home. That's the extent of my friends.

I've been feeling so unappreciated. You all know what I'm talking about. We stay at home mom's always go through this. And I tell myself that, it will pass. But while those feelings are here, you have to just deal with them. Like yesterday for example. I needed my dh to help with the kids so badly, the garage sale and the weather on top of that was worse. But he procrastinated ALL week on something he needed to do for work, so he chose yesterday to do it, after driving to Dallas to get some paperwork, he went home to do some work that lasted only about an hour and a half. You know, he could have thought to himself, "why don't I go get the kids from Crystal so she can finish up the sale and get it cleaned up, that would be nice," no no, instead he chose that time to get his fishing stuff out and get it cleaned and ready to go fishing today. I was TOTALLY exhausted yesterday, you can imagine, and what does he ask, "what time are you going to bed?" You get the picture what he was leading to, I was pi**ed. Today, he's fishing. Did he do the few dishes yesterday while he was here, NO. Did he make the bed, NO. This is why I'm emotional, it's just getting to me. I can't gripe and complain, he throws in my face I chose to stay home or he works all week. I can't really say anything. I've told him that I chose to stay home, but imagine if I had a job and still had to do all this house stuff. Yes he works all week, but he has his weekends to himself and me, 24/7. You all know what I'm talking about.
Anyway, I'll get over it. Sorry to not get personal, but I'm doing a few things at once and still need a shower. I'll check back later.

TTYL
Old 05-02-2004, 12:02 PM   #4  

Crystal - I'm sorry to hear you're still down in the dumps. We are always here for you. I'm kind of the same as you all of my friends kind of floated away when I got pregnant and married, and then when I got sick they all kinda got scared and that left me and hubby clinging to each other. My sister is going through the same thing as you with her boyfriend she stays home with their 2 kids and he is always off doing something or other when he could be home with them, I told her to tell him that she needs time with him, and some time alone. I think you should have a little chat with dh when I start feeling things in my house going that way I just sit him down and tell him what I need and I'm truely blessed cuz he is so understanding of me and my needs and especially patient with my quick temper. Oh geez I'm rambling aren't I lol. Any way you get the picture. If you need to cry then cry and if you need a shoulder to cry on Mine is always available. I certainly hope things pick up for you today!! If you wanna talk I'm on here off and on today. I'm gonna go finish cleaning my house then I'm gonna come back and check on you hun
Just so you all know you guys are my friends and totally make me feel much better about myself and for that I love you all!
TTYL!
Michelle
Old 05-02-2004, 12:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Today looks like is a down day for a couple of you. I wish I lived close and we could all go do something together.
I think I took too much excedrin... I am so lightheaded and over heated right now. My heart is beating fast. I took 4. Which is alot for me but I was in so much pain that I just wanted relief, you know? Now I am regretting it. Is there anything I can do to get it out of my system faster??

Geri, hang in there. I know what you mean about so tired of yelling at your kids day in and out over the same things. Bubba does the same thing to me. When he gets that bad and I'm so overwhelmed I put him in his room (and lock the outside so he has to stay there) and take a few minutes to myself. All that yelling just gives you a sore throat and no relief. It's like he doesn't even hear me. So I let him have his fit in his room and when he is quiet for 5 min I will go in and calmly talk to him before I let him out. But don't feel like you are alone or a bad mother because you are neither. You are a wonderful mother who just needs a well deserved break. I hope you get a couple hours to yourself today. That is why my kids go down for a nap whether they are tired or not. I need that time to myself. I would go insane without it. Most of the time they don't sleep but play in their rooms and that is fine, it's still 2 hours just for me. Could you arrange something like that? I truly hope today gets better for you. If you want to call feel free!! I'm just hanging around the house praying this medicine will get out of my system soon. I feel so strange. I know it will pass.
Crystal, your DH sounds just like mine. Oh in public he will say I have the harder life staying at home with the kids, blah blah blah, but when he is home and I need him to help with anything he gripes moans and complains about how much he works and how tired he is and all I do it stay home, you know the drill. I can totally relate. And you CAN say something! Yes he may work outside the home but that doesn't mean he deserves a vacation on his days off... you work hard too. I don't think it's just him not appreciating you, it's you not appreciating how hard you work too! Give yourself some credit girl, you are a wonderful mother, wife and caretaker of your family and your home. Not to mention doing watkins too. He should help out and give you a day off every now and then too. My Dh knows when he is home not to say contriving things because he'll be getting "nothing" (if you know what I mean) and those next 2 weeks will be mighty lonely for him, lol. He knows that when he helps out some and says positive things than I am more willing and in a better mood to make his weekend better too. I really hope your day gets better. Hang in there.

Well, I did clean out my linen closet. What a mess of empty bottles, cleaning supplies, etc. Now I have room for clean towels and everything is organized! That was my 5 min room rescue for today. Now I think I just need to take it easy and let this medicine get out of me. I think it is the aspirin in the excedrin that is doing it.
Ok TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 12:31 PM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Thank you both for your words.

Spryng, take it easy with that medicine. I hate when I have that feeling if I take too much or something. Especially with the kids around. My dh is the same, he'll be all sweet sometimes, for people to see, but yes behind closed doors it's different. Like yesterday, I was so tired and after him asking what time I was going to bed, then he went on to say that he is ALWAYS tired and he started picking on me and wanted me to wrestle. All I wanted was him to hug me, kiss me, rub his hands through my hair and pity me alittle. But instead, he left to go to Walmart, you know needed more fishing stuff. Seeing as though he hadn't been around me and the kids all day, he had to go then.

Michelle, thanks so much for your words. And you're right I should talk to him, but he's not the kind of man to "understand" at all. If I say ANYTHING, it backfires some how or another. I ALWAYS come out the bad guy. It's not worth it. Just starts a fight and I come out the bi**h and nothing is accomplished. So I just leave my mouth shut and deal with it.

Well you girls are GREAT. I'm almost in tears because I don't have friends to talk to and y'all have filled those shoes even being as far away as you are. Not to worry, next Saturday is MY day. My sister and I go to the homeschool bookfair at the Arlington convention center. We leave at like 7 in the am and have lunch there and have SO much fun and get home about 4 or so. I can't wait. I know it's a bookfair, but it is so much fun, may be because I don't get out much. DH has no choice but to help out then. But all he has to do is give the kids cereal, get them dressed and take them to my mom's or his mom's and he's free the rest of the day. Not fair, but I'll still get my day. I can't wait, just thinking about it, makes my day better.

I'll be around later, still have to go to in law's for dinner. Thanks again girls.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:58 PM   #7  

Crystal - Sorry about the bad day! Dh is now feeling better and I have a list of things that I want him to do. He seemed to be understanding, but 4 hours later and the only thing he did was take out the trash and unloaded the grocery, but only bc I was feeding the baby. I have given him tons of hints for Mother's Day, so I hope he follows thru.

Michelle - Dh is generally pretty supportive. I end up feeling bad when I yell at him about him, bc he starts that stuff "Oh you are such a good mom".

Spryng - Will the dr call anything in for you? I use to get o.c all the time before the baby. The pill regulated it a little. Mine were worse than childbirth. Ask for a Darvocet or Lortab? It can make you kind of loopy.
I am glad that it came across that I was positive about LA, bc it is so strict. I don't know how long it will last. I did it for 10 weeks before and lost about 15, but 2 of those weeks I was actually preg.
JW is pulling himself up and standing now. I am so looking forward to him walking.

Penny - Get back on the wagon, gf. Any lose is better than nothing. Good luck with the Italian meal.

The 3 time weigh in is so you can see how your weight fluct. from what you eat. I think it is a bit obsessive, but they talk with you about any problems or setbacks you might have. The people that work there are people who have lost weight. They have a rd, md that they can call with any questions. They are not really into exercise at first, which I do anyway. Ithink it is a must.

Geri and Michelle - when do the fits start? JW is in the only mommy stage. I think my arms have actually gotten stronger, he doesn't want anyone else to hold him.

Happy Sunday! Looks like I will have to check in more often. You gals are busy.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 02:09 PM   #8  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Okay girls!!

Let's just take a few minutes to STOP and think about all we have accomplished in the last few weeks TOGETHER!! We have all worked really hard and been successful with so many of our goals, and those we haven't mastered yet...well, don't you all feel so much more confident that we can meet those goals because we now have each other?! I know I do. We have exercised more, lost some weight and gotten our homes in order TOGETHER!! But more important than that, we have found a circle of friends that we know we can depend on for any of our needs, not just the healthy lifestyle ones. That is worth so much to me.

Crystal, my dh is alot like yours and I just have to realize that I need to take care of myself, because no one else is going to. So I do. I leave him home with the kids and go shop or whatever, he doesn't seem to mind it. But I remember watching Dr Phil explain how men are so different from us and we have to learn to ask and not expect them to be mind readers. Males are just selfish for the most part. But I have found that many times it's just that I didn't ask and my dh didn't pick up on my needs. So maybe try, when you need something, to just ask him nicely..."Honey, will you please _______" Don't beat around the bush, or wait for an offer that never comes and makes you angry. Just ask and see what happens. I think it's all in the approach.
I am always here for you as well!! You know that!

Spryng, it's likely the caffeine in the exedrine that has you racing. Try to flush it out with lots of water. Hope you get over it very soon, I hate that feeling!

Michelle, WTG on the one pound lost!

As for me, I wore my jeans that WERE several inches from buttoning to church today. No laying on the bed to zip and button or anything like that. My pants are not even tight, actually they are baggy in the legs. My belly and my legs are not proportionate with each other at all, LOL! I guess I am one of those with the chicken legs! Going to do a big grocery run later today and see if I can find some decent fruits and veggies. I need to do better in the quality of food I eat more than the quantity.

I'll check in again later, CHINS UP FRIENDS!!!

Love to All!!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 02:23 PM   #9  

Cindi - You are exactly right, this group has come a long way. Way to go on the jeans. It has already gotten so hot in our parts. I won't see jeans until the fall and not those same ones. Have a great day shopping.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 03:59 PM   #10  

Hi girls I just wanted to pop in and say Hello....

Spryng I really wanted to reply to your post about the ovarian cysts. I had one as large as a grapefruit that bursted and it was so darn painful. This is when I was sixteen and didn't know I had them. They thought it was my appendix. But come to find out there it was, they found out during surgery. I used to get them but I have them pretty much under control now since last September being on the bc pill. I know the pain, it is so severe and then it takes a couple of days to recover because it feels like you got punched in the stomach. Take care of yourself. Too bad Dh is not there to help you out. Hugs

Geri my 2 1/2 year old is really starting to get mouthy and sassy. Hang in there. Or atleast try and make sure to take some time for yourself if possible!

Well I have to go figure out supper. Happy Sunday everyone. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi again!
Julie, you are exactly right, I feel like I have been punched in the stomach. It is so sore now and aches when I move around. Which makes me wonder how big this one was that ruptured because the last one I got the pain went away in a couple of hours with no more aching or anything. I think I will take some tylenol for the rest of the day and no more excedrin. I made myself take a nap when the kids went down even though I wasn't really tired hoping I'd wake up and feel normal again but I'm still hobbling around. I guess I won't be doing anything extra around the house today. O-well. There is always tomorrow What did you figure out for dinner? I think I'm doing leftovers, don't really feel like standing and cooking.
Cindi, you are absolutely right about our group. Before many of you joined I remember going through a period where nobody was exercising (except Ginny because she walked every morning religiously) and no one was on plan ever. It went on for months that way. Very discouraging. And now look at us!! most of us has a loss every week and we are all trying our best! I know that someday we will all be maintaining together. Congrats on getting into your old jeans!!!! That must have felt soooo good.
Melinda, I don't have a personal doctor. If I am in pain or something I just see who ever is on call but I know they will want to see me before they prescribe anything for me. But thanks for thinking about me! I will just take some tylenol and rest up. Is LA Weightloss shakes and bars or do you have to cook stuff or how does it work? I know you mentioned it was similar to SB.
Crystal, have fun at the in-laws for dinner! And I know what you mean about these ladies here filling in those shoes of friendship. My bf lives 2 hours away and she is so busy now with her newborn and all that that I don't burden her with my problems and such, but I know I have all of you to talk to, or vent to , etc and you understand. I'm proud to call you all friends.

Well, I guess I need to get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:43 PM   #12  

Melinda - My 2 yo started throwing fits when she was about 18 months old and they are horrible, scream at the top of your lungs, crying fits. I hope she outgrows them soon but probably by time she does Teagan will start throwing them lol it seems as if it's a never ending cycle. But they are worth it.

Hugs to all you girls who are having a hard day!

Ok I kind of had a late lunch salad with 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese 8 oz tomato juice and 32 oz water so I'm pretty full. Dinner tonight I'm gonna have a chicken breast with some broccoli.

I haven't gotten an extra mile in yet but I'm kind of tired I was gonna sleep in today but I was excited to weigh in lol. We just got the girls to nap and I think I'm going to take this oportunity to relax a little.

Okay girls I'm gonna rest just a bit.
Michelle
Old 05-02-2004, 05:51 PM   #13  

Just a quick hi again....kids are being demanding today! Spyrng I have decieded on Shepards Pie for dinner. A frozen blueberry pie for dessert and maybe just a little scoop of vanilla ice cream to go with it. I hope I can keep my portions under control ! Hope you are feeling better. Thats what I usually do take tylenol and a hot bath. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:58 PM   #14  

HI guys!! I had supper which was a chicken breast sauteed with onions and garlic and some broccoli and a string cheese and 32 oz of water it was good. I gave Taylor some broccoli and she took it off her plate over to daddy saying "daddy it's yucky" ugghhhhh lol gonna have to work on getting her to eat more veggies.

Crystal and Geri - I hope you are both feeling better!!

Me and hubby watched Love Actually tonight I was shocked at some parts but bawled like a baby at the end lol such a great movie. I have another movie called Pieces of April that we are going to watch in a little bit my sister said it was cute.

Julie - I miss shepards pie it used to be one of our favorite dishes and easy to make too. I could also go for blueberry pie. Darn these diets anyway lol.

Spryng - I hope the effects of the medicine has worn off and you are feeling better now. I'm so sorry that you had to be in pain. When I used to have gallbladder attacks they were how you described your pain I would just fall to my knees and scream from the pain and vomiting all at the same time, the first time I had a really bad one was when teagan was like 3 weeks old and I had it in the middle of the night and hubby was at work and the baby was screaming and taylor was scared cuz I could barely move she brought me the phone and I called hubby to take me to hospy, I had 6 attacks like that til I got my gallbladder removed thank god I dont have those anymore lol. Sorry to ramble on lol I get that way sometimes.

well I have a slight headache I'm gonna go soak in the tub and see if I can relieve it.
Take Care Guys!!
Michelle
Old 05-02-2004, 08:12 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

well, this is a quick post. After I eat something, gotta gives the kids a bath and get ready to watch Alias and The Practice. This may be my last check in tonight because of my tv shows.

Just wanted y'all to know, I'm doing better. Not sure why, it was no one thing. Just as the day went on I got better. We got out of the house today and enjoyed company and I didn't have to cook and it's just been a lazy Sunday, those are the best. I totally haven't done well on plan this weekend, but this is one time that I don't care and it hasn't gotten to me. Just didn't have a great weekend. I will be back tomorrow as good as new and on plan. My goal for the week is to exercise EVERY day, not sure what or how much but at least 20 minutes of some intense exercise.

Sorry I'm not getting personal, but this is an on the go post. Thank you to ALL of you for being my friends and helping get through this difficult time and these darn mood swings. As much as it sometimes sucks being a woman, I don't think you could pay me to be a man. We'll just leave it at that. Thank you so much. Hope you all have a great evening.

TTYL