South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 05:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF - Friday Chatter

Yesterday was not a stellar day! It started with a brown gift from the Girls on the kitchen floor and ended with a wasp sting! The in-between parts were good though!

I went to the greenhouse as planned and Sarah spent the time working on the veggie garden. She is a gem! In the afternoon I went to town for groceries and a WallyWorld shop for boring stuff. Dinner was salmon and fresh asparagus preceded by a Scotch on the deck - first of the year!

Girls are hollering for breakfast. I'll pop in later.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:03 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Day 2...

Hi!

Ruth, what do you do at the Greenhouse? "playing in the dirt" sounds like so much fun right now! Unfortunately, I work in an office all day long and have not been able to get to my garden for weeks!

So sorry to hear about the wasp sting...how awful! I just noticed a wasp yesterday for the first time. Last summer we had several dozen yellow jackets in our house, one at a time. We are not sure how they got in. Anyways, I hope they do not come back! I would hate to have one sting our bunnies or dog!

How nice of the girls to leave you a present and refrain from consuming it as our dog does! Lady loves to eat her own presents. Guess that makes the cleanup easier, huh?

I'm on day 2, and a bit scared about what the weekend will bring. I traditionally have the hardest time on diets on the weekend because I am less busy and much closer to unlimited supplies of food. I hope it will go very well!

Laurie
Old 04-30-2004, 10:13 AM   #3  

beachgal, the weekend would be a great time to get out in your garden, get dirty, burn some calories, and forget about being hungry.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Waving at Beach Gal across the bridge to Watertown!
Wendy is right - let's get out there and play in the dirt. I find the secret is to plan meals and snacks for the day and glug lots of water.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:37 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Gee, it's really hoppin' in HERE today!

I will be back... I just have to do some laundry and play Cleopatra for a wee while.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:01 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Question

Hi!

Thanks for all the great ideas! If the weather holds, I think the puppy and I are going to go play in the dirt tomorrow! It is definitely a way to keep the hungries away. The bunnies need brushing, too, which I also do outside (that way the fur stays outside instead of becoming a wall covering in the house!)

I totally get you about sticking to the plan, planning out the day, and drinking water. I keep a gallon jug of water by my desk at work and a large cup full of water on my desk, and get through about a half gallon of water a day or more. I am (so far) sticking very, very closely to the plan, and have all my preplanned snacks here at work (eating my turkey roll ups right now). However, I found yesterday that I was very hungry. Part of it was carb/sugar cravings, I bet. I know Dr. A says that you should not get hungry and should eat more if you need it, but am not sure what to eat!

I do not think I could just start chewing on veggies without dip or dressing, but I am afraid that if I use more dip, dressing, or cheese, that I'll end up not losing weight. Is that stupid? I guess some part of me feels that I cannot lose unless I am hungry. Hmmm...

Has anyone else felt this way? What snacks have you supplemented into the plan that have still enabled you to lose?

Thanks for the support! It means so much!

Last edited by beachgal; 04-30-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:04 PM   #7  

Welcome, Beachgal, from another Upstate New Yorker!! I'll bet you could dip those veggies in some some FF dressing without much harm done. Just be sure to check the label for sugar or corn syrup. I allowed myself some leeway during Phase 1(a smidge of butter on vegetables and a dash of real half and half in the coffee). It didn't seem to slow the weight loss any, probably because I had(have) so much to lose. Hang in there!!....................Jo
Old 04-30-2004, 12:45 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Make or buy hummus for a veggie dip. And roasted chickpeas are nummy too. See the recipe section.
Closed Thread