Old 04-26-2004, 06:55 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #65

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #62

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

[COLOR=purple] FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE! [/COLOR
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:02 AM   #2  

MONDAY: Today is Misson Monday and our Misson this week is to de-stress our lives. We constantly seem to be on the move and never have enough time for us. To have effective weight loss and keep it off, we must not only learn how to handle stress better, but eliminate it from our lives. When faced with a stressful situation this week, step back take a deep breath and relax! Take time to figure out how to deal effectively each day with day to day stresses that you know are giong to happen.

Morning ladies! Boy what a weekend. We painted, painted, painted. The upstairs hall looks gorgeous now and we are going to put on the border tonight. We just ran out of steam even though the wall dried and we could have put it up.

My weekend was non-productive weight loss wise because I just was so busy trying to get the upstairs done. I am back on track this morning though and hiopefully can get out to exercise this morning.

I will talk with you all later. Have a great day!

Faye
Old 04-26-2004, 09:25 AM   #3  
It is what it is...

Morning All - glad to hear that you all had a great weekend...I was up too late last night and am so tired this morning, I am so burnt out on my job that it takes everything I have to come in here every morning...so needless to say I am in a foul mood

I was not OP over the weekend, I am not going to make any excuses as to why, just going to say that I had a "blow it" weekend...starting back fresh today with an apple and water for breakfast, if I get any appetite...
So no points for me Saturday or Sunday...

Faye - I too got the cleaning redecorating bug this weekend, I finally got dh to fix the vacuum so I could use it, between my long hair and the dogs the beater bar gets nasty fairly quickly...I feel so much better when the house is clean...

Hope you all have a good day, will check in later...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:21 AM   #4  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi ladies,
last week was really a bummer for me. I was unable to walk because I have these really bad blisters on my feet from my sneakers. I tryed to get new ones on wedensday but they also give me blisters so I have to return them.
I was ok with the eating but not great with the water and on Sunday I got The Big P. Uggh, no wonder that 189 lbs that I saw on wednesday did not stay around.
On the other hand I am back at work this morning and thus my water intake should go up and my food intake should go down (It usually does when I am busy during the day)
Congrats on the great losses this week, ladies.

Have a great day.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:01 AM   #5  

Hey Hey
I was able to talk myself to the gym bother days this weekend so I'm happy about that, and I've been doing ok on water...but gosh darn it I am slipping more and more with food! So that's my goal this week! I need to stay op! AHHHHHHHHHH!

Other than that my weekend was good. I got to perform for a little gathering the Theater department has for "The Donors" on Shakespeare's Birthday (April 23rd). A bunch of students perform sonnets and monologues and think it went rather well.

I've got an evil midterm in an hour Wish me luck.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:11 PM   #6  

Hi ladies,
Tried to get in here this morning, but I couldn't for some reason.

Had an all day rehearsal yesterday.......I was so tired when I got home that I went to bed at 7! But I did manage to get 2 points.....would have been 4, but I had an ice cream sandwich on my drive home.

Can't stick around long today......hope everyone is well and has a great day.

Good luck on your test, Susan!

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:34 PM   #7  

Jack went to the doctor and everything is a-ok. Not that it shouldn't have been but they did the rest of his "new patient" testing today.

Right now he is marking the wall so we can put up the border. I got up with him at 5, went for a nice long walk came back and painted, painted, painted. I then talked to my son and then to my dil. There are some issues with his sister they are going to have to get resolved and it is going to get nasty I am afraid.

I have been op today so far. I only had time to grab a slice of lowfat ham for lunch and then we had to get out the door to take Jack to the drs.

Well, girlies, hope everyone is doing great and are having a good start to the week. Leave the weekend alone and concentrate as weigh in for the challenge is either Friday or Saturday. I will announce who won the gift card on Sunday and again on Monday for those of you who only post from work.

Faye
Old 04-26-2004, 04:49 PM   #8  
Zookeeper

Default I'm back!

Hi all!

I had a GREAT time visiting my friend in D.C. this weekend. We went to a couple of really amazing restaurants, and by the grace of God I didn't gain any weight as of this AM.

I am trying to decide whether to do a walk this year. There is a 60 mile walk for breast cancer, and I did it in 2001 and 2002 (no time last year because I was planning my wedding). If my D.C. friend will walk with me I am going to do it. That'll get me outside and moving! Since it's nice out I've been walking in the morning for 45 min. (Yay one point).

Any recommendations on breakfast? I get hungry shortly after eating breakfast. I've tried cereal, nutrition bars, etc. I would do eggs, but they just don't sound good in the morning and I usually don't have time. I get starving mid-morning and am more prone to cheating. Help!

Congratulations to everyone on their losses!

Jessica
zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:46 PM   #9  

Jessica: I would be less concerned about what I ate at breakfast and just add yourself a snack inbetween breakfast and lunch, carton of yogurt, piece of fruit, serving of pretzel sticks, pudding cup, etc. My body HAS to eat every four hours or man do I binge, so I try and plan a snack before lunch and one after if I feel like I am hungry. I try to keep the snack under 100 cal and no fat if possible.

WE GOT THE BORDER UP! Yippeeee! It looks great, but it sure was messy to clean up all the adhesive! YCK! If you have ever done any wallpapering or border you know what I am talking about. The stuff that seeps out when you smooth it is like (forgive me) snot and icky sticky. Anyway, except for moving furniture where we want it and putting up pictures etc, the upstairs hall is finished now. I finished another set of cabinets and one side of the counter tops and touchup painting today. I can't wait to have it done as my kitchen looks awful. The floor is filthy, but I can't see scrubbing it until all the painting is done.

I need to get off. Jack wants to use the laptop and he is fooling with mine right now.

Faye
Old 04-27-2004, 06:39 AM   #10  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target for this week is working on controlling the one time of the day when binging or overeating is the hardest for you. Everyone has them, mine is around 2 o'clock or so. If you don't know, just watch yourself through the day and see when you are the most hungry between meals (mainly not real hunger but head hunger) Work to eliminate this by rearranging how you eat so you can have a snack at that time, or by involving yourself in something where you absolutely cannot eat.

Morning ladies. I will be back in later when everyone is up and going!

Faye
Old 04-27-2004, 06:48 AM   #11  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target for this week is working on those everyday times when your head tells you that you are hungry. Every person has them, mine is about 2 o'clock everyday. Work on eliminating this by either scheduling a snack everyday during your hardest time, or better yet involving yourself in something where you cannot eat, go for a walk without food, knit, crochet, garden, whatever to keep you hands and mind occupied. Your brain will eventually readjust itself and you will not longer have those everyday cravings. Hang in there, it might take awhile to fix!

Post wouldn't go through so I had to redo it. Anyone else finding it still to be very sluggish in responding? Even loading the website took a long time this morning and I did banking and some other things and had no problems so I know it isn't the computer.

Talk to you later.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: TRUE FRIENDS STICK WITH YOU IN THE BAD AND THE GOOD NOT CARING WHAT YOUR SIZE IS. YOU HAVE TRUE FRIENDS HERE, ALWAYS!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 04-27-2004 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:53 AM   #12  

Morning ladies,
It's another cold dreary day in Maine......my sinuses/allergies are driving me crazy! I had a heck of a time just dragging my butt out of bed.

3 points yesterday. Not enough water. My energy level has been reaallyy low lately. I'm wondering if it's the weather or my diet or what. Most likely it's the weather.

Jessica--I found that when I eat cold cereal or other carbs in the morning, I'm hungry all day. When I eat a bowl of hot oat bran, eggs, or other protein, I can last until lunch with no problem. Though I try to eat a little something around mid-morning. I also know of folks who do better eating only fruit in the morning. You might just need to play around with what you eat and see how it affects your hunger for the day.

Well, gotta fly.......Hope everyone is doing well!

later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:04 AM   #13  
It is what it is...

Hi All ... had a 3 pointer yesterday, need to exercise today...should be able to right after work...

Jessica - I too have a hard time with breakfast, I find that protein helps me get through to lunch than the carb filled granola bar I sometimes have...a lady on another thread here has like a chicken breast, I found it odd at first but it does make sense, I guess I was stuck in the mind set that it had to be
"breakfast food" but it doesnt, just play around with what works for you, but I would suggest protein...eggs, bacon, - I personally dont do eggs because of the cholesterol - but I hear they keep you full....good luck

Faye - Sounds like you are almost finished, boy what I could get done if I didnt work, I envy you on that point...I could get my exercise in and my house cleaning and still have some day left...it would be nice...

Julie - My energy level has been low too and you mentioned that you have sinus and allergy problems, that may be the cause...I have bad allergies and it has been causing me to feel more tired and drained...I hate it, but what are ya gonna do, I take Allegra ( I have tried all of them ) and it seems to take the edge off some...

Talk to you all later...have a good one!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #14  

Good Morning all
I got my 1st 4 pointer in goodness knows how long yesterday! Yay for me! I had to seriously wrestle with myself a few times but I did it!

I'm sorry to all of you that are having bad weather, I know how you feel...but suddenly its absolutely gorgeous here! Sunny sunny sunny and borderline hot in the afternoon.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 12:43 PM   #15  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri
Julie
Susan
Faye

Done painting for the day, thank goodness! I have a tough time with stuff high up, it kills my shoulders to have to paint above my head (all that fat I have to lift into the air! )

As to the discussion about breakfast, my sister says she has started eating raw veggies for breakfast and she says it fills her up quite nicely. She said it started when they had guests in the law firm and had raw veggie trays and there were leftovers and she was late to work one morning and didn't get breakfast so ate some of them. I agree about the protein, though. It does fill you up and I like oatmeal too. I think everyone has to just find that nitch that satisfies their body and run with it. Experiment until you find it.

I better get into the shower before I spread this white paint on Jack's leather chair! YIKES!

Faye