Old 04-24-2004, 02:04 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #156

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 02:06 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

The last thread got really long......4 pages...so I thought it best to start a new one!
But it was sure busy, with lots of posts, so you will have to go back there to catch up with everyone.
Hope your weekend is going great!
Ginny
Old 04-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI LADIES!
We sure do have alot of new faces around here
It is great for motivation!

Sorry I haven't been around lately.

Just feeling down in the dumps and need to get back into a routine with my eating. Just not sure what to do as far as a plan. But I will find one that is right for me.

On the other hand, I have been doing flylady again and my house looks wonderful and my yard too

I hope everyone has a great day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 02:38 PM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Hi, Ginny! Good to hear from you. Yeah, I'm trying to make sure Liam gets introduced to veggies and healthy stuff. Also, I know DH and I have to model healthy eating for him as well. His doctor says they're really pushing that because of the childhood obesity problems we're having in the U.S.

Now, what's this about a c-section impacting your waist? I had a c-section, so am curious Does it make your waist larger?

I also like the WATP tapes, when I have time to do them. Now, it's easier to just walk with the baby. That way, he may actually nap - gasp!-
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 09:44 PM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies!
It Seems Like A Few Of Us Have Been Stress Eating! Well Tomorrow Is A New Day And A New Start!

I Just Realized I Only Have 7 More Weeks Until Andrew's First Birthday!!!! I Wanna Be Back Down To 159 By Then So I Have To Get On The Ball!!!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 10:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!!

Penny its soooo good to have you back after your little break I started my WATP tapes today and they are great!!

Leigh - I had a c-section too and my doctor said that it could cause you to have a little tummy flab right below above the incision, but of course she said it depends on the person too. I had my incision glued shut and I can hardly see the scar, the glue really was wonderful!! What did you have staples or glue, or do the still do stitches?

Ginny - Hope you had a great weekend!!

And anyone else that hasn't made it back to the boards, I hope you all had a great weekend too. Well today was my WI and...... I am down 1 more lb to 238 not a big loss but a loss none the less. I think I'm going to spend a few more weeks on induction and hopefully I can get rid of some of this excess baggage. LOL We spent a great weekend OP. Got the house scrubbed today its so clean we had to open the windows to air out the smell of cleaners Got one child in bed and waiting for my 2yo to wear herself out, she's been a monster lol. Well I'm gonna get going and check out a few other threads.

Take Care
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:23 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have our own webpage :

http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight/homepage

in case the site ever goes down again

Everyone is welcome to post and share there profiles and pics there
Old 04-26-2004, 07:34 AM   #8  
SAHM of 3

Smile We're Back

I am so glad 3FC is up and running again. Don't get me wrong I know about Moms losing weight and I even read all the messages and emails, but for some reason, I haven't spent much time on the net at all this weekend. I never had a chance to get there and post a message of my own.

Well, it seems some had a great weekend and others fell off the wagon. You know what. That's is so okay. Today is Monday, a fresh day, start anew.

Michelle, you're right a 1 lb. loss is still a loss. Think about it this way, would you have wanted your babies when they were born to be a pound heavier? I don't know about you, but I had my babies at home with a midwife and absolutely NO drugs and all my babies were 8.10, 8.12, and 8.14. So there is NO way I would want them to weigh one pound more. That one pound would have made a HUGE difference. 1 lb. is ALOT.

Melinda, so sorry about having a bad weekend. I can kind of understand, I didn't have a bad weekend, but my Andrew is teething and oh my gosh, he has been so cranky. I understand that you can't do anything with one of those hanging around on you. When exactly is your son's birthday. I have 6 weeks till my daughter, Ally's birthday on June 9th. She'll be three and I want to be down to like 175 or so by then.

Penny, today is a new day. Stand up, dust off and start from where you left off.

Spryng, I am so sorry to hear about your weekend. Like I said it happens to us all. And I know how you hate it, but actually for us still having such a long ways to go, you're even a bigger inspiration to us when you have a bad day. Not that we are happy you did, that's not what I mean, I think you'll understand. But when we sit back and think we've got all this weight to lose and if we screw up even once it's over, we can look at you and say hey, you did it even with these days so it assures us that it can be done.

Well, I know my WI is on friday, so take this as a whisper, I've lost my 2 pound gain. YEAH!!! Okay no one heard that. Yesterday for dinner, I had made a pot of White Northern Beans, sauteed some diced potatoes, yellow squash and zucchini and had a big salad with some Crystal Light to drink. It was a WONDERFUL dinner.

My dh finally told me he would till me a garden. YEAH. I asked him a few months ago and he said no, but the dogs we got, we're leaving out of their pen so I told him he could put me a small one in there. He said he will this week. We're gonna plant, squash, zucchini, cantaloupe, corn, carrots and beans. I can't wait. That will be good exercise too. He also said, he's gonna add a little section on the pen for a chicken coop. I'm gonna get a rooster that crows in the morning. I can't wait. I love mornings and waking up to that sound. I'm getting closer to having a farm. I've got the dogs, 3 to be exact, a cat, I'll have chickens, roosters and a garden.

Well, I didn't do much FLYing this weekend. I have this thing about doing much housework on the weekends. If I was having company I would, but other than keeping my sink shining, bed made, bathroom cleaned and of course some 5 minute room rescues, that was it. I'm still getting things together for my garage sale this weekend. I don't know what it is, I don't like doing laundry and down deep house cleaning on the weekends, not that I don't or won't if need be. So today is definitely gonna be a busy one playing catch up.

Well, I think that's it for me now. I hope everyone has a GREAT Monday. I'll check in later, TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 08:00 AM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
Just wanted to say I have a garden with all the veggies planted and have 8 chickens! My chickies lay 8 eggs a day and the kids love going to get the eggs b/c they lay green and brown eggs

Yes today is a new day! And a new start for me!

Hope everyone has a great one!

Got a busy day ahead of me groceries, bills etc! Will check back in later
Old 04-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!!!

Crystal - congrats on your 2lb loss!!!! And you're absolutely right about the 1lb loss after I read taht I just pictured a 1lb chub of hamburger lol. Have fun with your garden I would love to have one in my back yard but I'm sure my dog would dig it up so I don't bother trying lol, but i have tulips and roses in my front yard

Penny - Good for you getting back OP we're here for ya!! Have fun grocery shopping and paying bills....woo hoo you get all the fun stuff jk

Well I should get going and see if there is something else for me to clean around this house, I somehow doubt it. Ok, see you ladies later!!

Take Care
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:26 AM   #11  
2BoysMom

Welcome back ladies

So glad to be able to catch up on everyone!! They could at least warn us when this is going to happen

Ginny- I have the 4 mi super challenge and it's still 60 min long. I wish it was shorter but what are you going to do? It is really good. This morning I did the 3 mi with the heavier weights. Glad you had a little bit of peace and quiet!!

Michelle...congrats on the loss! That's wonderful.

Hey Crystal..congrats on the 2#. Now, forget I said that

I had 2 c-sections and I have lots of tummy flab right above the incision Due to all the ice cream I ate while pregnant...not from the c-section! I had staples with both but my incision was below the hairline so you can't see it at all....not that I'll ever wear a bikini or anything

Today I need to attack the kitchen again. I don't know how it got so messy...we went out to eat last night. The floor is horrible so it has got to be vac'd...mopped tonight after the monsters go to bed.
Then we'll probably go outside for awhile. Supposed to be in the 50's today but windy this afternoon. I would love to get some things planted in the garden today and I had bought some pansies last week that need planting too. It's supposed to be 34 overnight...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm ready for summer!

OK, gotta do the fun job that Penny's doing and pay some bills and get off of here!

WI tonight...not expecting too much...I'll let you know.

Spryng, Melinda, Penny, Jessie, Cindi, anyone I forgot have a great day!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:54 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!
Gee, I am glad that this is back up again. I tried to leave a message on the Moms losing weight site, but has some ISP problems....could not get it to work. Oh, well.
Today is Monday- a fresh start for me and staying OP! Had some trouble with stress eating this weekend. Got lots of excercise in though.

Crystal- this is just a whisper- but congrats on the 2# loss.......shhhhhhhhhhhh!
Keep up the good work.

Spryng-how did your weekend go?

Michele- WTG on your 1# loss!!!!!!

Geri- good for you getting the WATP tape in. You are so dedicated with that. WI is today for you, right? Good luck.

Penny- Sometimes we all hit a rut- and it is tough to stay motivated at times. Hang in there- post and vent......we will keep you hopping!

Leigh- glad you were able to get a workout in- how do you like the WATP tapes?

Did I miss anyone??? Sorry if I did. Gotta go....Dd has a Dr appt with the urologist......oh golly, I hope he does not want to move toward surgery. My next step here is to do some research on the web, so I'd better go.
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 04-26-2004, 11:46 AM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default I'm baaaack!

Yes, I am one of those who fell off the wagon and then it rolled over me, and then it backed up over me again! We had no A/C at all and I didn't feel like cooking so we had too much fast food! I tried to pick good stuff, but don't know if I really did. Oh well, what's done is done!

I did get into my jeans that are a size smaller, YIPPEEEEEEEEE! They are tight, but they button and zip and aren't terribly uncomfortable. It wasn't so long ago that they were several inches from buttoning, so that's good enough for me for now!

Today I am going to start exercising hard and heavy, dh quit his job and went back to his self employed construction work today, so I think I can devote more time to myself without him underfoot. He's happy, so I am happy.

Congrats to all you losers! The rest of us just need to get tough and get busy, we can have a bad day or two, and will! It's just when we DON'T start back on track that we fail! So we are all good!!

With no A/C I did no Flying or anything much(besides sweating), so I have LOTS fo catching up to do. My weekends are like yours, Crystal, I just don't do as much anyway, but this one was far worse with all the troubles we had. So I'll be back to check on everyone later!

Drink your water now!!!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm BACK!!!!! LOL! I thought I'd never get back into this site. I had to re-boot my computer for it to work. But anyway... here I am!!

There are already alot of posts I am behind on so I will be brief. Congrats to all who have lost weight today!! Geri I'll be looking forward to your WI tonight also. Sending you skinny vibes!
My weekend was semi-good. Saturday was very bad as those of you know who was posting on the mom's losing weight boards over the weekend. Did ALOT of stress eating on saturday but got it out of my system. Sunday was MUCH better. I'm doing a little weight challenge with myself right now. I'm increasing my protein and decreasing my carbs until May 7 to give my metabolism a little boost. I was going through my WW journal and noticed that I eat alot of starchy high carb things with just about every meal so I'm toning down on those things to see if it helps or not. So far so good. I was constantly running to the bathroom yesterday so it must be helping somwhere. Didn't realize I was retaining that much water.
Also I think someone posted about not cleaning much during the weekend. Well flylady doesn't do zones on the weekends, all we had to do was keep up our morning and night routines so you were just fine. I did work in my bedroom on saturday to finish it up. And boy is it great now. Today we start the living room and because I pick it up everynight now it will be a breeze. I spent 15 min working on my entertainment center today and now it is organized and uncluttered. That is one of my hot spots.
I took some pictures yesterday of the kids in our backyard I want to share with you all too. I'll post them after this post. They came out pretty well. I want to get a couple blown up for me.
I guess that is about it. I promise to get personal later. I need to get off here. TTYL! So glad this site is up and running again! I missed you all!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I was only able to upload this pic of Tanner right now. It said my other pics were too large so I have to go and make them smaller. I'll get them on here later. Bye!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tanner b&w spring pic.jpg (33.8 KB, 44 views)
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote