Old 04-22-2004, 05:20 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #155

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 05:32 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Simply amazing.....I am back. Had to check email for Dh, Dd has finally settled on a college.....and we have been emailing her future coach back and forth all day with information regarding her scholarship. Pfew! One battle over.

Spryng- how is Tanner??? I agree with Michele- if the pink eye is viral, there is little that can be done, however, sometimes it is bacterial and then usually is in conjunction with an ear infection or other bacterial infection. Most likely should be seen by a Dr. But putting drops in a baby's eye.....well that is another story.

Crystal- congrats on getting the fridge cleaned out! What a miserable job, but what a feeling of accomplishment for you.

Leigh- congrats to Liam for sitting up!!!!!! Don't you just love the smile of accomplishment! A great day for both of you.

Michele- I, like you , try to have a refill of the drops around the house. It can be so easy to treat....and the drops work well. And pink eye is so contagious!

As far as the vacuuming/cleaning go. I vacuum well once a week, and usually get one touch up time mid week. I mop the kitchen floor (bucket, mop etc) once a week- and bought myself one of those cheapie swiffersn not the one with the tank- just one that can use wet or dry wop cloths. I use the wet cloths once or twice a week to attempt to keep the really bad areas cleaner- in between moppings. (I can be a bit obsessive about my kitchen floor- but there are times that really the only rooms in my house that are in good shape are the kitchen and bathrooms-it is just to hard to work and keep up after the piggies).
So there......and tomorrow I got all my errands done today (shy of one quickie) and am cleaning tomorrow.....the house needs it!
Guess I'd better get off my duff and make dinner. We are having leftover taco casserole (Ds who will probably not like the other thing) and a stir fried chicken with veggies in a cream like sauce(not a real recipe, I am winging it on this one!).
Have a great nite!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 05:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Leigh - Liam is an absolute doll!!! Ohhh so cute!!

Spryng - Great Pictures it sure looks like you guys had fun!!

Arrgghhh I'm just exhausted already I guess thats cool though cuz usually I stay up late and I've been getting to bed at a reasonable hour thanks to flylady I'm pretty zonked by 10pm lol. Well, Today went well house is still spotless 'cept for the toys on the floor in the living room, I'm gonna get a nice decorative basket to put in the living room to put toys in quick and easy and then when I'm ready to really put them away I can just take the basket in the kids play room and do it Geez today I kinda feel really hungry but I'm not giving in to any hunger pangs, I think its just cuz I'm tired.

Well I'm gonna go check on the sleeping baby I'll talk to you guys later!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 06:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Michelle, hope you get your rest in. And I am the same way lately, I feel so tired at night because of how busy I keep myself during the day now. Feels good to go to bed knowing you did a good job though, doesn't it?
Ginny, 3 posts in one day?! I'm so glad!!! Tanner is fine. Turns out it isn't pink eye and it's not contagious. But he prescribe a drop for his eyes (I'm going to look it up in a while) that I have to put in for 3-5 days. Yeah, try holding a 10 month old down and pry his eyes open. Not an easy thing, lol. Hope your stir fry came out great!
I was starving by the time I got home. Had to run those movies back and that was in another town. But I went ahead and rented a couple more dvds to watch throughout this week. But as soon as I got home I threw together those soft tacos and ate four before coming up for air! LOL. But even at that I am still 5 pts away from my target today so I think I will have a few peanut m&m's and call it good. WI is tomorrow so I don't want to push it. But I am full now and ready to start my evening routine. Guess I'll talk to you all later!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:23 PM   #5  
2BoysMom

Hi everyone,

Cute picture of Liam Leigh! How did the solids go? Sometimes the first few feedings are barely anything!

Spryng...loved your pics too. Boy I can't wait for the warm weather to get back here. Will wanted to go out to play today but it was cold and windy. Saw the neighbor boys outside with there winter jackets and mittens.
Good that Tanner doesn't have pink eye. Will used to get conjunctivitis (?) similar to pink eye. I had to use salve on him...try that! I think drops would have been much easier.

Ginny congrats on the loss! Also good you don't have to look at any more colleges...for now

Today I did 4 loads of laundry and have about 2 more to go. Tony has too many clothes as did Will at his age. I still have to keep some of the winter stuff in the dresser and I've been washing all the shorts and summer stuff and trying to get that in the dresser. Out of room but not out of laundry. Guess I'll have to go through and pick out my favorites and put the rest away for the rummage sale. He'll no doubt get more clothes for his birthday

Let's see, I vac a couple of times a week...depends what the floors look like . I mop about once a week...white ceramic tile floor . I started going through all my clothes too and packed up some of the sweaters and the stuff I don't wear and even some that are to BIG . Whatever doesn't sell in the rummage will go to charity. I'm only keeping my largest pair of jeans so that I can put my skinny body into them someday and take pictures.

Tonights dinner ended up being leftovers from last night. Thought Dh maybe would want to go out for dinner for his Bd but he didn't really feel like it.

Did some running today and got myself another 4 mile walk dvd (1 hour! - we'll see how the boys like that) and some heavier wrist weights. Gotta sweat some more!!

OK, not much else new here. Hi to everyone else out there!

Have a great night.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:33 PM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Smile It's beddyboo time

Well girls. Sounds like everyone has had a great day.

Spryng, glad to here Tanner doesnt' have pink eye. With three kids that would not be fun. 4 tacos, wow, I wish I could. Yes I did get that lime sauced chicken from meals.com, but I didn't get to make it. Long story, I'll make it in a day or so. I'll let you know how it is.

Ginny, it's been nice to have you around more often lately. Your day sounded good.

Michelle, glad to know you're FLYing high too. I actually submitted my testimony to her. I know it's only been a week, but what I set out for was already accomplished so I thought she would want to hear that.

Well, I didn't get to exercise today. Broke that mold. Dh got home and mowed, didn't finish until dark. I did get out and play with the kids and dogs for a bit. I'm fixing to tackle a few shirts to iron. I HATE ironing. It's the main thing I get behind on ALWAYS, I'm hoping flylady can pull me out of this rut. I don't know that I'll get any one task done tomorrow, other than my basic routine. Friday's are my days out. You know I can tell my appetite is decreasing. It doesn't take as much to feel me up. I had a big salad and one corny dog for dinner. That was it and I'm great. I had enough calories to enjoy a WW dessert, cheesecake with stawberry sauce, yummy. I would like y'all to know I have had all 8 glasses of water, plus some, EVERY day this week.

Well, I've got to get to these shirts. Hope everyone has a great night. I'll check in in the AM.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 11:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like everyone had a great night!! Thats always good to hear

I haad 3 tacos I shoulda stopped at 2 but they were so good, oh well its the first time since I started my diet that I gorged myself lol Oh I wanted to tell everyone about www.myvirtualmodel.com it is a site where you can create a virtual model of yourself I made several of them at my beginning weight then 10lbs lighter and so forth til I got to my goal weight it is a great way for you to see what a difference 10 lbs can make I made a progression pic of mine I'll try to attach it Oh and the last pic with out a weight on it is at 140 lbs

Me and hubby got the nighttime routine done in like 20 minutes its wonderful the floors are cleaned and vaccuumed and mopped dishes done and everything is dusted and the bathroom is scrubbed Woooo Hooooo!! It feels so good to go to bed with a spotless house!!

Tomorrow I need to go out and get Teagan one of those things that keeps them on their back when they sleep she's been rolling to her stomach in the middle of the night and I'm a bit worried about it so we'll see if it helps...any suggestions??

Ummmmm whatelse can I gab about? LOL OH where has Penny been? Penny oh Pennnyyyyyyy where are youuuuuu, I know you're lurking I miss ya girly.

Oh and I got an appt with my gynecologist to talk about my weight gain (from thyroid) and see if she'll give me the weight loss meds to help me get healthy quicker, my sister used meridia, even though she wasnt near as heavy as I am and wow she looks good, but we'll see what the doc has to say they will probably want to fiddle with my thyroid levels for a bit before they decide yes or no, but I'm hoping yes.

Ok that's enough from me I'm gonna check out some other threads and head to bed

Take Care
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:35 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

michelle ~
great site!
I did mine!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:55 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Default Good EARLY Morning

It's still kind of early, although I love getting up early. I'm up because of my son, and now I hear him again. I guess I'll cut this short, I'll be back around in about an hour.
Sorry
Old 04-23-2004, 06:30 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Unhappy I'm Back

Okay I'm back. Andrew just needed alittle mommy attention to get him back to sleep I guess. He had been doing pretty good, but I don't know why he did this.
Anyway,

Michelle, that virtual body looked nice. But did you notice her boobs didn't change. I know mine will get smaller, and her legs are long and she didn't have stretch marks. For me, that's all just wishful thinking. Even when I get to my goal weight I won't look like that. And about your baby, I don't remember how old she is. My babies slept on their tummies pretty much as soon as they were born. They all slept better that way. To make it worse, I even kept pillows and several blankets in there with them. I wouldn't recommend the pillows, but I think w/o a pillow they are fine on their tummies. Some babies just prefer it and even sleep better.

Okay here's the news.................I gained 2 pounds. But for some reason, it actually motivates me more. The weeks that I lost 5 pounds I only got off plan one day and this week I was off plan like 3 days, so obviously. The only thing that does confuse me is that I got in more exercise this week and all on top of doing ALOT more housework, strenuous housework. But nonetheless, I am more motivated. I really think using flylady has changed my attitude so much that's why I feel that way. I'm not all down in the dumps like I use to would be. This gives me 2 weeks to lose 7 lbs. to meet my goal for the book fair. I can do it, I can do it.

I hope everyone else's WI goes good. I hope everyone has a good day. I'll be heading out after breakfast to do my daily thing. I won't make it back until about dinner time. I'll check in tonight.

TTYL
Old 04-23-2004, 08:07 AM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Default Today

OMG!!! I've now lost a total of 3 lbs!!! I wasn't even going to weigh myself, because otherwise I get obsessed and weigh myself every day. But I wanted to check to make sure I wasn't gaining. Well, lo and behold, the scale said 170lbs!

Ginny - Congratulations on your daughter's impending college experience. Will she be fairly close-by? The dinner you described sounded yummy!

Michelle - Thank you for the Liam compliments! About Teagan rolling - once they roll, most doctors say not to be overly worried about them not breathing on their stomachs because they are able to roll to their backs again or move out of the way if something's suffocating them. However, you should defiinitely check on her - I roll Liam back to his back even though he can fully roll, but I try not to freak out about it too much if he's on his belly. I like your living room basket idea - I use a decorative tote bag for quick pick-up. Also, we can store stuff inside our coffee table - we live in a condo, so everything doubles as storage Love the virtual model. I have to go try it. I've used it on HSN's website, but never tried the weight projection.

Spryng - How does maintenance work on WW? Do you still stick to points, but have more points to work with? I'm very curious about weight maintainence

Geri - THank you for the Liam compliments! Liam did not like the rice cereal, but I'm sure he'll get used to it. Liam also seems to have too many clothes, but the whole sizing thing is so confusing. He grows so quickly, so things fit for, literally, a week. Then I have tons of stuff, but am missing something basic he needs all the time. It's crazy and I feel like I'm constantly buying something.

Crystal - Maybe we'll see your flylady testimonial in an email! I'm glad you're motivated and not discouraged by the small gain - that's a great attitude!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:49 AM   #12  
soontobethin

Good morning. this might be my only chance on here today. We had severe storms last night, was even under tornado warning for a while. More storms are coming. I also need to get my workout in, and do a speed cleaning. I have playgroup coming over at 10. My weigh in was still the same. Leigh, Liam is adorable. They get so big so fast. Michelle, I wouldn't worry too much about Teagan rolling onto her stomach. They say once they can do it on their own, its not such a big deal. Like some of the others said, both of mine slept better when they were able to roll onto their stomachs. Of course, now they sleep on their backs. Go figure. I have used that virtual model at glamour.com to try on clothes in their magazine.Hey, Geri, give me some butt kicking advice on getting back into my work outs full force. I have been kind of half doing them. Penny, spryng, andrea, ginny, dena, have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:51 AM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Default Wow!

Good morning, Ricci

Wow! I did it! Kitchen was already clean from last night, so spent only 5 minutes straightening it to shine. Spent 15 minutes in master bath (this is my one problem area I really have to stay on top of. DH sure knows how to leave water, shaving cream, etc. everywhere), and sorted the laundry and began 1 load. Boy does that feel good. And it's only 10am

One thing I can't find on Flylady web site - when she says "swish" your toilet, what does she mean exactly? I cleaned it the old fashioned way!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #14  

Good morning all!
Ricci, half doing a workout is better than not doing them at all, lol. And it seems you got all the storms I was suppose to get but they went south on us. Not that I am complaining. But these storms are producing so many tornadoes. Stay safe. Do you have a celler? We don't so I panic every time a storm comes through because I have no where to go.
Leigh, congrats on the 3# loss!!! That is great! What is your normal WI day? And yes when I do maintanance on WW I still count pts. The week I hit my goal weight (this would be my personal goal weight) I add 4 pts to my target for the week, and then at the end of the week if I gained I take away 2 pts and if I lost I add 2 pts, you do this for 6 weeks and then at the end of six weeks you should know for sure what your maintanance pts will be and you are a lifetimer! (well, technically I have to go to meetings to be considered a real lifetimer but I'm going to think of myself as one anyway when I get there, lol) Alot of people can maintain on 25-30 pts a day plus their flexpoints so I am looking forward to that.
Crystal, so sorry about your gain. But at least it has inspired you to do better this week. The nice thing is you can look back and know what you did wrong and fix it which I know you will do. We all have those weeks, hang in there!
Penny! Come post with us again. You teased us with your pop in post. Is everything ok? Don't worry if you are not on plan, you can still post with us. We still love you!!!!
Michelle, I am with everyone else. If she can roll herself over onto her stomach then she will be fine. How old is she again? Ava was my only baby that slept on her back, the other two were belly babies from birth. I'm sure she will be fine and probably sleeps better on her belly. So don't worry. It would be nice if we could stick strictly to the baby books, but as you know it's not possible, we have to give in on some things.
Geri congrats on all the exercise yesterday!!!! You are my inspiration. I don't know how you find time to do it but you do! And that is great.
Well, Tanner's eye got progressively worse last night. After I put in those drops his ped gave him his eyes oozed more and swelled badly. I called the ER to talk to a doc about it and they said it was normal that it would be better today. I felt so bad for him. But sure enough, he woke up this morning and the swelling is down and the oozing has stopped! YAH!
Also, I did my WI this morning and no gain or loss. Still at 130 which is just fine for me. I'm not in any hurry to lose more weight I just don't want to gain any.
Ok, well I have alot to do today. We switched banks last week when DH was home (ours was a little hometown bank that offered nothing and we switched to bank of america) and DH's checks were being direct deposited but because of the switch it will take two weeks to get his checks into our new account so I have to go find a com check today to get the money and then run to my bank (which is 20 min away in another town) and all that fun stuff. Plus I still need to do my morning routine which I'll fly through and shower. So I need to get off here and get moving. Happy friday all! Let's have a great day!!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:07 AM   #15  

Leigh you snuck in on me! I think swish means to just wipe it down quickly inside and out and be done. I bought some bathroom wipes and just wipe down the seat and tank and then get my toilet brush and give it a quick "swish" inside the bowl. HTH!