Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 09:00 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Arrow *Christian Encouragers #183*

* WELCOME! *
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

Old 04-21-2004, 09:10 PM   #2  

Smile

LINK TO LAST THREAD -
Just in case you all need to catch up with posts...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...821#post567821

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-21-2004, 10:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I must be the first to post to the knew thread.

I did find everthing that I needed now I need to mail them in the morning.

Can't stay on line. It's thundering and lighteninig in the background. Don't like the storms but we need the rain.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:20 AM   #4  

Smile

Good Morning CER's!

Good Morning CEEJAY -
We too had a bad storm come through here and I had to shut everything down for a bit. But I think we got the tail end of it, so it didn't last too long.

*~*~*

I posted to everyone on the last thread -
don't forget to go back there, okay

I go for a weigh-in and measure this morning at Curves...
wish me luck!

Always,
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-22-2004, 08:24 AM   #5  

Default Hi!

Sunny- I will keep my fingers that your weigh in goes well, you have been working hard so am sure it will
Sprout- Thanks again for devotional, so true we have so much while many around the world have nothing and were still abunch of winers.
Judy- will keep your friend in prayer so sad, after a year and half to be blind sided.
Sami- Am praying you have a great day, we know what your boss is like, especially with added stress.
Sherry- you sound like a busy women, pray your soon feeling better and great oaching 9-1 you done good
Ceejay- hope you locate your taxes, and that all goes well.
I am starting to work on costumes for our missions trip the kids are doing three skits, and I hope to make alot of the assessories, which will be fun. Other than that I am doing fine, just busy, I have a advisory board meeting tonight for work, that should gfo fine, give them lots of good food and they are happy typical american, last week of bowling today, fun week were we do all kinds of silly bowling (wrong hand, no fingers in ball, eyes closed ect. ) makes for lots of laughs. Hope this finds all those MIAS well see ya
Old 04-22-2004, 08:42 AM   #6  

Default try to post new pic

hope it works!
Old 04-22-2004, 09:23 AM   #7  

Default Good Morning All!

Morning All ,
Just wanted to post a quick one before I have to get the kiddies busy on home school! I was going to post last night but the thunderstorms caused me to shut down my computer quickly! DH and I have been doing great on our new way of eating (diet is such an ugly word) and I am happy to report that I have hit my 20 lb. mini-goal!!! I am now working on getting to 199 by June 8th - that's the day we head out for our anniversary trip! I want to let you all know I am praying for each of you - I have been reading posts and trying to keep up with what's going on and praying for your specific needs - I just don't seem to have alot of time to post personal - So busy trying to finish up school with the kids and I have completely cleaned my house this week from top to bottom - I even accomplished the impossible and had all my clothes and towels in the house clean yesterday except for what we were all wearing! I haven't done that in forever - now maybe I can keep my laundry caught up! Anway - thanks for all the posts to me - I am sorry I can't do more today - I am going to make a point to find some time to sit down and post to each of you - you are all such an inspiration to me - thanks for being so nice to a newcomer!

Because He lives,
DeenieM

Last edited by DeenieM; 04-22-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:24 AM   #8  
Southern Belle

Smile Thursday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

How is everyone this morning? I'm sitting here stiff and drinking a little Sorry I didn't get a chance to check back in yesterday. L-o-n-g day!!! I didn't even get home until after 7 pm.

My dh's uncle took a turn for the worse the last few days and doesn't look like he will make it very long. He has severe Parkinson's and heart disease. His body is failing him but worse, his mind is. He is having severe hallucinations most of the time and then the next moment he is in his right mind. Yesterday when I got there he started crying and told me that it's driving him totally crazy!!! He drew up papers last year with a lawyer with his living will intentions - he doesn't want anyone to help him die but he doesn't want anyone to help him live either. Does that make sense? His heart is weak even with the pacemaker kicking in it's just not good, the Dr says now his voltage is really low. Yesterday they called in Hospice. His dd from Wyoming drove in last night and couldn't believe how much he has gone down hill since she was here in February. Please say a prayer for this man and his family. My dear dh is having a hard time with all this too. When dh's father died when he was 12, this man stepped in and was always there for him as a father figure. So, in a sense, it's like losing his father again.

Sunny~ So good to see you back!!! We have missed you! Yes I love the graphic site. It's got a lot of cuties!!! I'm always looking for good sites. Good luck with your weighin.

Sue~ Wow, making costumes and accessories, wow!!! The bowling sounds like a lot of fun. Yep, I must be typical American too, I would be happy with lots of food. That is the problem.

Hello to EVERYONE else. Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT THURSDAY!!!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 09:58 AM   #9  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

Sunny thanks for starting a new thread and for the update on the last thread. You are truly inspirational, you are so busy, but you have such a great attitude and your workout routine is just wonderful. Someday when I grow up, I want to be just like you!

Sue~cool, thanks for the pic! What a pretty lady you are!

Deenie! Woo hoo on your progress! 20 #'s is so wonderful!

As for me, i'm doing pretty good. I am conscious of my eating, i feel more in control doing this bible program, my attitude is changing, which really helps. I'm so happy that i'm not limiting myself of anything and I can't wait to have the fresh fruit and veggies this summer!

Nothing to report from Charlie, haven't heard from him since Sunday, but I've decided not to care. He'll call when he wants, we'll see if i'm available.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:11 AM   #10  

Smile

Good Morning CER's

My eyes are so much better today Maybe it's because of the rains we had last night and today... who knows.

I went to Curves this morning and had my weigh in and measure - and you know what I did?!? I called ahead of time to let them know that I was coming in for my wt. & measure and that I was filled with anxiety over having it done - would they do it right away and not make me wait - I walked in the door and they both {!} Linda & Amy weighed and measured me They explained that because so many people are upset at the differences of each person working there and how they each do it - they wanted to use me to compare the differences... I didn't mind at all. And now I know who to go to each month - AMY! She does it the way I would do it too and it's more accurate! They sure did make it fun for me - for sure! I had the biggest grin on my face all morning from the results

It was all good news... I knew I had lost weight and was down to 197 from 204 last month, so that wasn't a surprise at all and my scale is reading the same as their scale - cool beans! I lost 6.5 inches this month & over all from September/2003 a total of 16" So you see... I have lost most of those inches and weight in the last 4 weeks --- I am a happy camper

I am hoping to see another 5# loss and another 6 - 7" less next month... that's my mini goal

*~*~*

MICHELE -
You are so very welcome I usually let it get to about 9 pages and then I will begin a new thread - it works out well that way I think. You say the kindest things to me, Michele... Thank you so much. I often think that way about you and the other CER's! You all have taught me so much, you will never know!!

I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well with the Bible Program - it is an awesome program! I don't limit my foods either - just my PORTIONS! It is the way God wants it - "in balance" all foods are good. The ONLY foods I eat very little of is SUGARS (refined sugars)... fresh fruit and alike I eat. And I do have a piece or two of Dove Dark Chocolates every now and again also... such a treat for me. They are very small but pack in the flavor and satisfy me. I also limit my SALT intake... did you know that average person today (with eating out) takes in about 6,500mg - 7,000mg of sodium a DAY! And you should not take in any more then 1,500mg a day. And the average person does not drink the water they should. I drink about 70oz a day or more and it works for me. I hardly ever feel puffy anymore.

SHERRY -
Love your butterfly! I didn't say that about the CuteColors Site so you wouldn't use it too --- it is free for everyone to use There are so many cute graphics there. I sure do hope you didn't take it that way. I am so sorry if you did! I must have at least 20 different places I use. More then enough for us all

I am so very sorry to hear about your husband!!! {{{Huge Hugs}}} for you Sherry! While I am on the T-Mill I take that hour to lift my special friends & family up in *prayer* --- you and your DH will surely be lifted up special today!

DEENIEM -
Good to see you! The storms came through here hard too! I had shut the computer down also, but it went through pretty fast and I was able to fire it up again. I also unplugged my new T-Mill - not taking any chances.

WooHoo for you reaching your 20# weight-loss goal! I am almost there myself! Soon! Cannot wait. I KNOW you WILL succeed! Both you and your hubby will!

Come back soon...

SUE -
Thanks for crossing your fingers!! It worked! LOVE your picture!!!!!! Just LOVE seeing what you look like! You are a beautiful lady, SUE! I see Christ in your eyes! Oh, I am so happy that you posted a picture of yourself! I love seeing pictures!

Did you see the pictures I posted on the last thread of my boys watching birds and of my new T-Mill?

Quote:
I am starting to work on costumes for our missions trip the kids are doing three skits, and I hope to make a lot of the assessories.
Would you explain this more - costumes for what exactly? A theme for the mission trip? When are you all going - I have forgotten.

*~*~*

Well, I really must be going... time to go work out on my T-Mill, I didn't do it this morning like usual because of the weigh-in at Curves... so off I go now.
Take Care everyone!!! Keep up the wonderful work!

*God Bless*
Always,
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-22-2004 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:14 PM   #11  

Smile

It's a rainy day here in Ohio, but the sun is shinning in my corner of the world...

I just finished walking/JOGGING (!) on my T-Mill:
2.25mi / for 1 hour / burning 325Cal/ 101Fat Cal.

*~*~*

ANGIE -
You would be so proud of me! I cannot remember the last time I JOGGED! And I did it for 12minutes!! How thrilling! I love to run and haven't for years because my bad left knee (from my car accident) could not handle my weight, but now with toning up at Curves and walking on the T-Mill not to mention the weight-loss I am beginning to jog again I am so happy...

*~*~*

Time for me to get in a shower. Joe is coming home early tonight (hopefully by 4/4:30) and then we are going to give blood over at the church; then we're going out to dinner... Italian

Take Care Everyone...
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-22-2004, 01:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

SunnyD Congratulations on those inches and your weight loss

hi to everyone else

Deenie--Congratulations on those 20 pounds gone forever.

Guess several had those storms last night but I sure did sleep good afterwards. It was storming again this morning when I woke up.

I have my day planned and am just about through with the laundry. One more load to wash and then off to the laundry mat. I've decided to wait until there is a sale on dryers before I buy a new one.

I will be going to the gym sometime today and I've decided that the south beach diet is a good way for me to eat for the rest of my life. I don't feel like I'm on a diet whatsoever. I will be limiting my fat grams though to 35 grams. this calls for a lot of protein and protein has quite a few fat grams.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:23 PM   #13  

Default Feeking good today!!!

Sunny - thanks so much for looking after us here and starting a new thread when they get long - appreciate it. Also congratulations on the loss of weight and inches - you rock girl.

I have been thinking lately on why I kee sabotagging myself in my life changes. Over the past 2 years now I have started exercising - have now walked over 745 miles and find that on the days that I don't go for my walk I just am not with it. Also was going to Curves but have changed to a locally owned gym for ladies - similar equipment but to tell you the truth I like this equipment better. Anyway started with Hooked on Paces on April 7 - this morning when I went I asked Edith (the instructor) if she could weigh and measure me today as I was wanting to have a 2 week look at how I was doing. So we did that and this is the results. In my first 2 weeks at this gym I have lost 2 pounds and 3 inches = I am so thrilled with this - I did not achieve this at the other gym. I think it is because of the atmosphere of where I am going - very very friendly and really helpful on using the equipment - told them the areas I wanted to work on for 2 weeks and they have helped me keep focused on those areas.

So I have noted my progress as of today and am setting a mini goal of 2 pounds and 3 inches in the next 2 weeks - weigh and measure in time should be April 6 give or take 1 day. Am not setting huge goals but ones that I think for me are doable.

Am working on learning why I have been sabotagging myself - with all the medical problems I can't let this continue - I need to take care of myself and only I can do it. And I know that our Lord and Savior will give me the wisdom, knowledge and strength to do whatever is necessary to make these changes.

Am also going to be putting up a 'graph' in my signature which will show the loss in 25 pound segements - when I look at the whole picture it is too overwhelming so smaller chunks should help with this.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:46 PM   #14  

Default Dieters devotions for April 22, 2004

April 22

Matthew 6:25
'Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?'

When I began to diet, I realized how much of my time was spent with something to eat or drink in my hands. Before the diet, I had something in one hand or the other almost all the time. I used to spend a lot of time thinking about where I would eat, what I would eat, and how much I would eat. Food was an idol in my life. How foolish it is to live like that! There are so many things in life that are more important. Spend time in prayer and contemplation, asking the Lord to open the eyes of your heart to all the wonderful things you have missed for so long.
Today's thought: I want my life to be much more than food and drink!
Old 04-22-2004, 10:43 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Sunni- It's Angie - Gary showed me your post and I have to tell you that I am so jealous that you are jogging. I haven't been able to jog for months because my sciatic nerve is acting up. I ran with the puppy the other day, maybe half a block, and the pain returned. It kept me up. I went to my doctor and he took X-rays just to make sure there was no disc problems. He had ordered physical therapy for me. Maybe this will finally do the trick. I really want to get runnin' again, especially with Rylee.

Sami- I haven't forgotten about the journal. I just received my copyright registration and I have to get copies made. I will do it asap!

This is edited by Gary-- Angie says to tell you Sunny that even though she hasn't been able to jog, she still goes on 2 mile walks twice a week and a 3 miler on Saturday in the mornings-- plus shorter walks with NO-RYLEE-NO every day in the afternoon/evening.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-22-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Closed Thread