UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:14 AM   #1  

Talking Questions, Questions

Ok here for today are a list of questions if you have time to answer them.

1. Worst thing said/done to you regarding your weight.

2. Nicest thing said despite your weight.

3. Ever had a Dr tell you that you are mistaken/wrong (e.g if you KNOW your face swells up 5 mins after eating a certain food etc and they tell you it would not happen that quick).

4. Are you family supportive of your weight struggle.

5. Do you ever feel when seeing someone larger than you that you should advise them to lose weight.

6. Ever wanted to make over someone else (regardless of their size).

7. Ever been down to your ideal weight before and then thought Bu**er it?

8 How do you feel in Summer when nearly everyone else is in shorts etc and you feel you can't and wish you could wear skimpy tops.

That's it for now.

Byeee!!! (I will give my answers later)
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:23 AM   #2  

Childhood in general and children in general.

Dunno.

3. Ever had a Dr tell you that you are mistaken/wrong (e.g if you KNOW your face swells up 5 mins after eating a certain food etc and they tell you it would not happen that quick).

No my doc nice.

Yes two of them go to sw with me.

5. Do you ever feel when seeing someone larger than you that you should advise them to lose weight.

No. I am that larger person.

Yes even though I need one myself.

Always been fat lost 50 twice then gave up and put back on.

8 How do you feel in Summer when nearly everyone else is in shorts etc and you feel you can't and wish you could wear skimpy tops.

I feel terrible, hot, sweaty, depressed, agoraphobic, ashamed, sick and other nice feelings.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:38 AM   #3  

1. you are killing yourself very slowly
2. my hubby said i am the most beautiful woman in the world {no i was not threatening him}
3. the doctors told me when i was 18 that i had pulled a muscle {id ruptured a disc }then told me 2 weeks later that i was really laying it on thick have since changed doctors
4. yes my whole family have been brilliant especially hubby and kids and tonight when i get back from slimming world the phone will go about 10 times
5. no because i got sick fed up of people telling me when at the time i was happy
6. of course im a woman
7. nope never dieted before
8.ill
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #4  

Quote:
4. yes my whole family have been brilliant especially hubby and kids and tonight when i get back from slimming world the phone will go about 10 times
That is cool no one phones meeeeee
Old 04-22-2004, 10:46 AM   #5  

give me your number and ill phone you my phonecalls are free so you might have to cut me off
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 11:05 AM   #6  

I only text I have phone phobia
Old 04-22-2004, 01:56 PM   #7  
Must Stay Motivated

When are you due? - lol

You look like the finished article (my first night at SW)

Was sent away loads of times when I said there was something wrong with my baby, then they said that he was lactose intolerant, it turned out that he had reflux, so simple and yet they let him lose weight for months.

I took my son (same baby but older - lol) to the doctors for six months with an illness, they said it was just a cold. They wouldn't tak eany notice of me. The nursery asked me not to bring him in until it was sorted as he was too tired to attend. In the end I threatened a doctor, after some blood tests and a chest X-ray it turned out that he had fluid on his lungs (not un-like pneaumonia) and a viral infection. After a strong course of antibiotics he was well again. If they had listened to me in the first place, it was have saved a 3 year old 6 months of discomfort.

They take the mickey out of me but don't mean anything by it. It is funny for them because I have always been a big eater but until I had kids I was skinny.

No. If people are happy with their weight then that is their business. Perhaps if it was making them unhealthy then I would think it but never say it - lol.

All the time - lol.

Yes - lol. Got into a size 10 for my wedding day and 2 years later I am bigger than ever - lol.

I never wore shorts even when I was thin because I am soooooooooooooooooooooo white - lol. I do miss wearing skirts and dresses though.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:18 PM   #8  
Theres no stopping me now

being asked when the baby was due and having to explain it was all fat and no baby

Ray saying he would love no matter what size I am and Sean when he was about 4 saying that my tummy made me lovely and comfy to cuddle

nope, never happened to me

Ray is but he has to live with my moods when I am not happy with my eating and weight. The boys don't mention it as they know it is a touchy subject and my extended family don't notice, or don't let on they notice. No one phones me after weigh in although I do text a friend

I think it is up to the individual. Have never told anyone in my life that they should lose weight, feel it is a very personal thing

Yes, there is a woman at work I would like to take shopping and buy a new wardrobe for, cut her hair and a bit of make up. She has the figure i want, yet I am the one in the trendy tops with my enormous stomach while she hides behind frumpy clothes.

just after I had Sean I lost a lot of weight and then when I went back to work had no time for myself and ate for Scotland and put it all back on plus lotsextra

Cr@p I feel that is another year wasted when I could have been flaunting my stuff I am stuckbeing all covered up
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 03:18 AM   #9  

A loony yelled out from one end of the road to the other and as he went past called me a fat B*stard for taking all the pavement up. (There was of course plenty of room). I was tempted to wallop him but he was definately a loony.

You have nice eyes! I get comopliments on my thick hair too.

About a half hour after eating fatty/creamy foods I get pains in my arm - also if I have been drinking wine - ditto. I put this down to rheumatics as my aunt gets terrible pain if she eats cream cheese.

Yes (no bloody easter eggs for me!!)

Awful of me but I do.

All the time (but I am no fashion plate myself).

I got down to 8 1/2 stone which would be the slimmest I have been for yonks and should be well within the normal range. Personally I wasn't too impressed. I think, looking back, I had lost the weight but the stomach was still there as I did no exercise. ALso no one said Gosh! you have list weight. Not a sausage. Not even from my mum who always comments when my bum is getting smaller!

Lousy. My thighs rub together when I wear skirts. I hate that I have to wear bras so can't wear skimpy tops. I always have a "sweat" on and feeling most uncomfortable.

Who knows, maybe this summer things will be different!!

Thanks to everyone that answered these questions!

Have a good weekend.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:39 AM   #10  

1. Have you not had the baby yet, when i had given birth two days earlier.

2. My kids always say "To Helen, we love her just the way she is" which is a quote off Bridgett jones diary and my husband always tells me he doesn't care what i weigh i'm still beautiful to him.

3. One dr told me why do u always worry about your weight, look at the size of me (he had a huge belly) just go and eat lots of apples.

4. Yes my family are supportive but they always leave lots of sweets, crisps half eaten lying around which is a struggle.

5. I would never tell anyone they should lose weight, as i know how much i struggle and how hurtful it can be.

6. Nope, keep hoping someone will give me a makeover, i'd love one.

7. No i don't think i've ever been at my ideal weight, lowest was about 10 stone but i still thought i was fat.

8. Depressed that i've wasted another year of my life being fat, uncomfortable and miserable.
pippie is offline   Reply With Quote