Old 04-19-2004, 05:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default chatting thread - started 4/19

i didn't see a recent chatting thread, so here's one! i haven't been around for awhile, so i couldn't read all of the threads to catch up.

how is everyone? i'm having a rough time with my finaces and trying to claim bankruptcy, and that's foremost on my mind since i've spent a lot of time crying over it today.

eating's going ok, working out is better than ok, and i've lost 1 pounds of last week's 2 lb gain. so that's good. my life just feels a bit of a mess right now.

sigh.

hopefully there are those of you out there who are feeling better than i am!!
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:44 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Sorry you're feeling so lousy, monetary stuff is always such a hassle!

I have my stepbrother's 21st birthday party Wednesday night, should be fun.

Not too much else other than trying to work out every day. Someone taught me how to use the bike @ the gym last Friday, so I'm pumped to try it tomorrow!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:01 AM   #3  

Hi Holly

Sorry you're having such a tough time over your finances.....makes it doubly impressive that you are persevering with the weight loss through all of that misery.

Me, I'm having a great week so far......I have 2 job interviews this week (not too sure I want either of them, but its good to try!)...and yesterday I got a call about a third, which I am interviewing for next week. Its an overnight and then all day assessment exercise, which should be both nerve-wracking and amusing. They asked me about dietary preferences, and I swallowed hard and said just make sure there is plenty of healthy food around!

OK, off to the gym now......2 hours of Pilates, followed by aquacise....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:35 AM   #4  

Oh Holly, I'm sorry about your money troubles. I've been there, it sucks! I know you're probably feeling like things are pretty out of control right now but just remember that you are a strong woman and you can handle whatever may come. Now, it may be time to put a plan into action. Why don't you try to tackle your finances in much the same way as you've been changing your lifestyle? Decide what your goal should be and start planning out ways to achieve it. Setting little minnie goals along the way, etc. And remember to ask for help! You will need support in this just like in your weight loss. Whatever you decide to do, we are here for you. Good luck Holly!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:05 PM   #5  
Losing Again!

Hey gang. Haven't been around in a while. I stop by to read, but haven't had much to post.

Holly, I can imagine how emotional the money stuff is making you. Once it's over, you'll feel much better.

I'm doing okay weight loss wise. I'll have a big loss, then maintain for a week or so, this should be my loss week. Here's hoping that bunco tonight doesn't blow it.

I've been in a shopping mood lately. Trying to get stuff on sale, but was really feeling the need for cute spring/summer clothes. I've discovered that I can now shop at Maurice's and The Buckle. That's big excitement here, since I've never been able to shop in either of those stores. Well, I guess I had some men's clothes from the Buckle when I was in high school, but that doesn't count. I just wish they'd put a little more sleeve on stuff.

Last week I finished the Total Body Fitness Challege at the YMCA...had to go to each of the classes once, and then two of them again. Now I need to get back into my regular routine over there. I'm going to try and make it tonight between 4 and 6...that's my one open section today. I really need to go. I can tell it's been a while since I hit the treadmill.

I think that's about all for now. I'll try to pop in and post more often.
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:43 PM   #6  
missaprylj

Hehh...

Busy, busy, busy.... just trying to establish some good habits, keep school going, keep babysitting going, keep social life going, keep it all spinnin'

Going to Milwaukee for state Spanish pronunciation contest this weekend... that'll be cool. Get to miss school Friday!

Got a prom dress! Prom is 5.7 or 5/8, whichever is the Saturday. It got a red dress at Younkers, I'll show ya'll when i get pics!

Driver's test on 5/5/04. SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER nervous. Anyone have any parallel parking tips?????????

Love, Apryl
Old 04-21-2004, 08:51 PM   #7  
Live for the Moment!

Holly - When it comes to the money problems - I hear ya! We are in the same boat as Steve wasn't working for a couple months... And money is the #1 most stressful thing. However, from all my past experiences and current new way of thinking.. Remember, IT IS ONLY MONEY!

Other than that, not a whole lot new with me... Steve just started a new job on Monday which seems like it will be a career for him, Service Advisor at a large Chrysler dealership so a huge weight is off my shoulders as he will be getting a paycheque at the end of this month and we'll be able to make rent.

Work is well work... And school, I just got my 2nd assignment back and 100%! My average in the course is 100%, I don't even think my grades were this good in Kindergarden Guess it makes a difference when you're interested in the materials..

Cheers,
Celina
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:20 AM   #8  

Apryl, turn to the West & wave to me this weekend!!! Good luck!

My advice for parallel parking: Don't. I lucked out & got a sweet old man for my road test. He was nice. I pray you get the same kinda tester.

I went to my brother's Golden Birthday party tonight, did great w/food (didn't eat anything else today, limited myself on the appetizers, drank only carlorie-free stuff, although the Peroni did look good.)
Old 04-22-2004, 08:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Just wanted to say hi and that I'm not having the best week. My son's car got stolen, my dog has yet another bladder infection, and I had an emergency appendectomy on Tuesday. On the plus side, the appendix didn't rupture, the dog is doing well on antibiotics, and my son's car was recovered in one piece and with a full gas tank!

I had my DH bring my loosest pair of pants to the hospital and I still couldn't button them. The plumbing isn't working right yet so I'm hoping it's just bloating. I walked a block today, and plan to go farther tomorrow. No aerobics for a couple of weeks or lifting weights. Had to cancel my appointment with the personal trainer--drat!

Welcome to all the new people! I hardly ever "meet" other people named Sheila!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 11:21 PM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

Oh geez Sheila - and I thought my week was going bad because the Leafs lost tonight...

Make sure you take good care of yourself and I hope you're back in fine form soon!!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 03:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Sheila...so sorry to hear about your week. I've always been told bad stuff happens in 3s. Take care of yourself.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:10 PM   #12  

Hope you're feeling/doing better, Sheila!
Old 04-23-2004, 04:24 PM   #13  

Whoah! That is a BAD week Sheila!! Take care of yourself! Glad to hear that the appendix didn't rupture! As for the pants....don't worry about it! You are probably just swollen from the surgery...right? When I had my gall bladder removed, I was swollen for a bit because they pump oxygen into your abdomen to expand things for the surgery (or something like that??)....don't they do the same thing for an appendix? Take care of yourself!

Jillegal - sorry about the Leafs! I'm sure that they will do better this weekend...

Apryl - Good luck on your driving test...I know you'll do fine! You always seem to excel at "tests"!

Holly - sorry to hear about your $$ woes. It's always so stressful! Good for you for sticking with your eating & exercise plans, even though you are stressed! I remember how tight money was right after finishing university....it takes a bit to get back on your feet, but you'll do it! Check back in and let us know how you are doing.

Claire - How did the interviews go????

Have a good weekend everyone!
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 04:08 AM   #14  

hello people!

Sheila - sorry you've been having such a hard time.....hope you're on the mend and feeling better.

Holly - hope the financial stresses are not overwhelming you. I have been 'downsizing' my life over the last few years, and learning to live on a very different budget - most of the time its fine, but there are times when it can really get you down...

Kris - well one of the interviews went just fine, since they offered me the job!!!! Now I'm having to do some hard thinking about what I really want.....its an interesting job, well-respected and good organisation, and part-time which is great for me, but very low money.....next week I have an interview/assessment process for a full-time, much more full-on, much much more money and therefore much much more stressful job......which even if I get it, I'm not sure I want.....(the age-old dilemma of money and time!). So watch this space!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:46 PM   #15  

Sheila I am glad your bad week is looking up. WhenI had my gallbladder out i gained 10 lbs in water from that morning! It took 2 weeks to get rid of the water weight. I hope everything else keeps getting better.
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote