Old 04-19-2004, 06:44 PM   #1  
soontobethin

Default Stay at home moms #153

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good evening ladies I hope tonight finds everyone well and on track!!

Well today I did good, I made some homemade chicked soup with out the noodles and it was pretty good only 3 carbs per cup. Dinner I'm going to make tacos on the low carb tortillas sounds good to me about now

Jessi - My little one hates playing by herself too, but she loves when sissy shows any attention to her, which today was a lot, she was asking me to hold the baby and everything!! She is gonna be such a great big sister!!

Well I better go start dinner before hubby goes crazy I swear sometimes he eats cuz he's bored but I'm trying to break him of that habit lol. I also gotta go finish my laundry

Talk to you all later!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:37 PM   #3  
2BoysMom

Good evening ladies!

Just popped on quick to post my WI... I lost another 2 lbs!
I'm so excited! TOM finally came back to finish what was started on Saturday night Dh had a vasectomy in December, but you know....nothing's 100% and the way the boys were acting yesterday...I was starting to get a little worried! Another baby is not what I need!

Hi to all...I don't really have the engery to post alot this evening. Weather wasn't all that great today...got cooler as the day progressed and stayed pretty windy but we did go for a 1/2 hour walk this afternoon.

Going to update my signature! TTYL. Have a great night all.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:12 PM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Unhappy Good evening Girls

Well girls, the thread has been sort of slow today. Sounds like most of you did good.

Geri, way to go. That is great.

Michelle, sounds like the day was good to you.

I did so so. I made brownies because my dinner was alittle on the really healthy side, lots of veggies. I thought I'd make up with brownies for my family of course. I only had one or one and a half. That's what probably pushed me alittle over.
I walked almost 30 minutes today. I feel like I'm starting to slip alittle so I need y'all to work some of your majic. First of all, pray for me and second of all tell me all those things to make things seem better.
Well, I had a good start to the day, but after dh got home I started to get in a bad mood. I don't nag or argue very much and he does, so I keep my mouth shut and dwell on things. Not that that is the best answer but it saves face. I don't like to argue so I don't usually, but when I went for my walk instead of feeling refreshed, I began to get madder and madder.
I'm just ready to go to bed and start again tomorrow. As I walked I prayed and I prayed earnestly. The people driving down the road probably thought I was bonkers talking to myself and all.
Well girls, I hope everyone else had a great day and has a great night. I'll check in in the morning.
Good Night.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:13 PM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Just wanted to say CONGRATS CONGRATS GERI!!!!!!!!!

I WAS OFF PLAN TODAY AND YESTERDAY BUT I THINK YOU JUST GAVE ME MY WILLPOWER BACK!

YOU ARE AWESOME!
WILL POST TOMORROW!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:09 PM   #6  
2BoysMom

Crystal...can't help you...I don't keep my mouth shut ...hope things get better!! I'll come kick your butt if you need me to! (Kicking is good exercise)

Thanks Penny! Come on girl...get with me!! I can come kick your butt too! It could be a kick butt tour!!!

Oh I gotta go to bed I'm getting nutty!!

Bye.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Sorry I was MIA once again. Dh is still home. Tanner has been running a fever for the past 3 days off and on and this morning it really got high so he stayed to help me take him to the doctor and all that. Turns out he is just teething, his two top teeth are about to bust through and he's having a rough time with it. So that was good to know. I was worried he had another ear infection but he didn't. But anyway, it was nice of DH to stay another day But he'll definitely be gone in the morning and things will be normal.
Geri CONGRATS on the 2# loss!!!!!! You are doing fantastic!!! And you were in quite a butt kicking mood tonight, lol. Pent up energy? lol.
Crystal, everyone slips once in a while and that is ok. Dieting isn't short term it's suppose to be a lifestyle change and that includes eating wrong sometimes so just dust yourself off and keep moving forward. Don't let one day of bad eating turn into 2, then 5, then weeks. It happens so easily. We are here for you! I hope you got some rest tonight. If you can't talk your feelings out with your dh maybe you can keep a journal to release them in. My Dh and I went through a very hard time in our marriage almost 2 years ago, I mean to the point I thought it was over, but as we began working things out I started a journal and boy did it help. Because I am like you, I let things stay inside, bottled up and when they finally release it's very bad. So by writing down my feelings and such I could release some frustration in a constructive way. Maybe it could help you too.
Michelle, your soup sounded good! Hope you got your laundry done.
Is anyone still doing flylady? This weeks zone is the master bedroom and boy is mine a wreck. It's the only room in the house I seldom clean so it looks the worse. The rest of my house has never looked better. I have stuck with my morning and bedtime routines and it's paying off. DH had lots of nice things to say about the house this weekend! But I'm ready to tackle my bedroom. 15 min a day right? I can do it! lol.
Well, guess I'll get off here and get in bed. Was american idol a re-run tonight? I missed it. Ok, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:39 AM   #8  
SAHM of 3

Smile Today is a New day!!!

Well good morning ladies. I slept so so last night. Most of you seemed to have a good day last night.

Michelle, where are you getting all those cute little thingys?

Geri, thanks for the little push. I think I do feel refreshed today.

Spryng, thank you so much for your words on both of my issues. Let's see, you've gotten me already keeping a journal of what I eat, flylady is leading me to keep a journal for my routines so I might as well add another one to that. I've never been a big journal keeper, although I've always wanted to, I just don't seem to get into the routine to do that. I've done good on my eating one though. Since you were MIA, I wanted to remind you to go visit meals.com. You may know about it, but there you can pick through recipes, place in a menu and even add those items to a grocery list and print it all out. It is amazing. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Well, I'm slowly getting the hang of flylady, she has certainly had an impact on my laundry, I do about 2 loads a day and it stays washed, dried, folded and put away. The bathroom has begun to keep a clean and tidy look on it. I actually spend about 30 minutes in my zone yesterday, I spend 15 minutes blessing it by dusting, vaccuming and cleaning out the air filter in the a/c unit. Another 15 minutes decluttering under the bed. I am going to tackle my closet today. I'm using this to get ready to have a garage sale in a few weeks. Today will be the closet and tomorrow I think I'll even clean the baseboards and panels in the doors. You've got to know flylady really has me moving. I'm not wearing the shoes. I thought as long as I'm moving and doing what I'm suppose to be I won't wear the shoes but if I sit down too much I'll put them on.

Well I guess that's it for now. I'll finish my coffee and then start my day. Hope the day finds all of you well.

TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:04 AM   #9  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Morning all!

Baby is still sick, I am wondering how long a virus can last? I took milk out of his diet and gave him some soy milk and he lost it too, but does okay with most other things. So I don't know if it's viral or allergy related.

I have been eating well and drinking well, yesterday I even got in some walking between sickness. So I am proud, something like this would normally give reason to give up.

Crystal, you are making such progress, don't stop now. YOU CAN DO THIS! If I can, anyone can. Just start fresh and quit worrying about the mess ups. What's done is done and that's that! If I were that close to 199, nothing would stop me from getting there.

Hope the rest of you have a great day! I gotta go, sick baby again!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:11 AM   #10  

Good morning all!!!!
Well DH has finally left so now it's just me and my routines again. Feels nice. I sure miss and love that guy to death but I look forward to having the weeks to myself. He won't be back in until may 7th.
Crystal, sounds like you are feeling better today. I know one more journal may be overwhelming for you but it's important. You can't be a good wife and mother if you don't take care of yourself first. And I will go check out that meals.com today. Sounds interesting. But it will be later after I get my morning routine done and 15 min in my zone. Today I'm just picking up the floor in my room, it will probably take more than 15 min but I'll pace myself. And I am like you, I don't wear my shoes inside. My feet will hate me if I did. I grew up a country girl and only wore shoes to school... well once I was older and we moved in town I still did everything I could get away with bare foot. And then when I was 18 I moved in with my best friend and her family and they had a no shoe rule in thier house because it saved the carpet from wear and tear so that got me in the habit of taking off my shoes before entering a house. So that is what I do too. It's habit. But it doesn't keep me from cleaning. I have been so inspired by flylady to get my house in order. I know too she says to clean and give things away but I too am getting things together for a yard sale. The only thing I am lacking on is my laundry. When do you get yours done Crystal? Mine is piling up again ( they are clean though)I just can't seem to fit that into any of my routines yet. Maybe I should fold a load at night with my bedtime routine and then put it away with my morning routine. What do you think??? And when do you all mop? I need to do it at least once a week but haven't fit it in yet either.
Ok, I need to get off here, wash my face and then make my bed. So I will catch you all later!!!!!
TTYL!
Old 04-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #11  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies

TOM's really got his clutches on me today I am one bit hy mama this morning! I am not in the mood for these kiddies this morning. What's a woman to do? Thank goodness my Mom and I are taking them to the mall so at least there will be another adult and I'll be out of the house. Spryng...that's why I was ready to kick butt last night

I feel better already!! Thanks chickies.

Spryng, glad Tanner's just teething! It was very good of Dh to stay home another day because I can just imagine trying to drag all the kids to the Dr at the same time by yourself! Yesterday was Monday so Idol's not on til tonight!

Crystal...you sound like you've got yourself back on track Your house sounds nice and clean too...Spryng, you too. Either one of you want to come do mine?? Actually I did a lot of cleaning yesterday since it was cool outside. I got the kitchen and bathroom cleaned and vac'd the whole house. I looked at flylady but haven't really gotten into it yet. Maybe later.

Had to turn the heat back on as it was only 40 this morning. Back to normal! It is supposed to get to 60 tomorrow though.

Well, not much new since last night! Take care everyone and I'll TTYL.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:19 AM   #12  
2BoysMom

Cindi , I think viruses can go a week or two. You could call a nurse...they'd know for sure! Hope baby get's better soon!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:11 AM   #13  

Hello again!
Taking my break now. I'm just about done for the morning. Did 15 min in my room and it took all 15 m in just to pick up the floor. So tomorrow I'll start on dresser tops and end tables. That may take a couple days, lol.
Geri, Sorry TOM is hitting you so hard. Hope it leaves you fast! Have fun at the mall!!
Cindi, hope you baby gets to feeling better soon. Have you tried pedialite?
Ginny?? Where are you? I don't think I've seen a post from you in a while. I'm sure you are busy.
OK, guess I'll go find something else to do for now. I have an appointment at 1:30 to pick up WIC for Tanner so I'll be gone a couple of hours at least. But then I am homebound for the next couple of days, lol. After a full weekend I am tired of running!
TTYL!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:24 AM   #14  
RosieKate

Chubba - Sorry about TOM, hang in there - drink lots of water! I'm getting close and feeling very bloated - could be why the pizza was calling me this weekend. I crave lots of salty fat things when I'm ovulating. I'm going to do a better job of handling them. As I told DH yesterday, "I'm tired of gaining and losing the same three pounds". I liked organizedhome.com - so if flylady isn't grabbing you.... I liked flylady's approach but kind of already have a good groove going on my chores. My key thing is to make sure that before I go to bed - dishes done, laundry's put away, quick pickup around the house. It does wonders for my state of mind in the morning. I like flylady's "shine your sink"
Congrats on your loss

Spryng - Does DH travel for work? Or is this a one time trip? I know what you mean by enjoying your days. I love it when my family is all around me, but I also look forward to having my daytime for DD and I to have to ourselves. DH is teacher, so he and James to off to the bus stop @ 7:30 every morning ( then he goes on to his job). Then its coffee, breakfast, make beds, then off to the computer to track/plan my food for the day- and post here!

Big timeLoser - hang in there - you are doing a good job staying on track while your baby's sick. Those are always tough times for me, 'cause I eat when I'm stressed.
I didn't sleep so well last night as the kids were up for various reasons and I couldn't go back to sleep. I'm going to to try to get a little rest today when DD takes a nap so I don't get strung out and eat out of stress. She and I are going for a walk this morning probably 45-60 minutes, so that's 2x so far this week. Actually 3 ,but yesterday's walk was only 20 min, so let's say 2.5. My goal is 5x this week.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-20-2004, 01:09 PM   #15  
soontobethin

Hello,
lets see, I did jogging yesterday for 30 minutes, and then pilates today. I still have my sunburn, and I can't wear a bra because the straps dig in where I got burnt. Oldest ds is suffering from allerigies REALLY bad, and youngest ds has a cold. Just found out I am out of cold and allergy medicine, and kleenex, so its off to wal mart sometime soon. I don't know if I will stay with flylady. I may take a few ideas from there and work with those. Its just to regimented for me and my little apartment.
Ok. Geri, sorry TOM has you in its grasp. Just drink LOTS of water and keep getting in your workouts. Spryng, glad you had a good weekend with dh, hope Tanner feels better soon.Penny, Andrea,Kate,Leigh,Ginny, and everyone else, hope you have a great op day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote