Old 04-19-2004, 07:56 AM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Unhappy All time HIGH

Well I've done it.. reached a new all time high. I am now at 239.5 lbs. I am 5 feet tall.
I have no idea where to start. NONE.

All I know is my back is killing me and too disorganized! I used to be so organized! - I haven't been grocery shopping in over a week. Seems like other stuff comes up - so I just eat out instead.

I'm feeling really down right now about my weight - and the worst part - I don't know if I can get picked up.

At my best on this sight I was 208 lbs.. 30 lbs lighter!! what in the world happened???? Oh yeah.. I went back to work again this same time last year.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:04 AM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hang in there Dana, Don't give up hope ~ you did it before ~ you can do it again. Take one day (or hour or minute) at a time. You can do this!!!!

Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:31 AM   #3  
Live for the Moment!

Like Gayle said... DON"T GIVE UP! You can do this... And remember, we all have our bad days.. None of us are perfect! We're here from you and I have faith that you can do this. Go Dana, Go Dana
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:43 AM   #4  

Any major change in life, such as going back to work, can have all sorts of unexpected fall-out. For you, for me (and likely for lots of people on this board) it is weight gain.

You DO know where to start -- you've been successful at weightloss before. Take a deep breath, get a pen and paper, think about it, make a plan, get going. For me, it helps to think ahead. Instead of saying "yikes, I've gained so much, I need to start losing NOW" ... I say "this is bad, I need to get my act in gear, next Monday I'll start fresh". It gives my head a chance to adjust, it gives me time to get the supplies I need (healthy food, maybe storage containers for bringing lunch to work, etc, etc)

(((hugs))) to you, you can do it!!

Take it from me ... I was doing well earlier in the year, I lost 21 lbs, now I'm up 4 pounds and today is day one of my fresh start!!
Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:46 AM   #5  

Dana, you can get out of your slump. I know you can. Get out today for a short walk. Clear your mind and prepare yourself for your journey. I know when the depression bug sets it it is hard to get it to go away. You can do it!!!! Have a good week, and I look forward to hearing how much better you are doing by this time next week. Take care.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Like you said you've done it before and it can be done again. I think they've all given you great advice. I started back to work last week and missed out on a ton of my exercise time because I was just too tired and didn't want to take away time from my kids. but after about hte 4th day I realized that I HAVE to make time for me even if it is a 9 p.m. and I'm exercising then.

If it's all too overwhelming take baby steps. That's what's been helping me out.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:06 AM   #7  
Crazy Canuck

Don't give up Dana - I've lost count of the aborted starts I had or the many times I just gave up before this latest (most successful) attempt. I don't know if it's the difference between wanting it and NEEDING it, but when you're mentally and emotionally ready for the long haul, then the information and tools are all here, including all the support you'll ever need. Hang in there!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:11 AM   #8  

Dana, we've all been there with starts and stops! There are lots of people here who can understand your frustration (myself included!).

Where to start?? At the beginning.... Set yourself one goal for this week. Don't try to re-introduce all of your good habits back at once...take them in bite sized pieces. Maybe make a menu and stick to it this week??? Maybe committ to 20 minutes of walking everyday??? Pick something attainable and build on your own success.

We're all here for you!
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:06 PM   #9  
missaprylj

Keep it together Dana, you *can* do this, definetly. Try keeping track of your eating on Fit-Day for a week or so. I did last week, set myself up for 1800 calories (2000 max) per day, and I lost a few pounds last week; my first in months. Keep it together; I belive in you!!! -Apryl
Old 04-19-2004, 06:09 PM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Dana, I know exactly where you are coming from. I am only 3 inches taller than you and just a few pounds lighter. I feel like I hit rock bottom and resolve to lose weight and it just doesn't happen. Not only do I hate the way I look, I feel so horrible all the time. Looks are even a factor at this point. I'm starting to feel like my health is never going to bounce back. I've always thought I could get the weight off if I really tried hard enough but I don't know where that effort is going to come from anymore.

Are you interested in being e-mail buddies? Maybe it would help with the motivation. Just an idea.

do you know what I really, really hate and I also feel bad because I feel this way? My dh has been sick with his gallbladder problems and has lost tons of weight. He hardly eats anymore because it causes so much pain. Not the best way to lose weight but he looks terrific. He hasn't weighed under 200 in many, many years and it is so great to see him looking slim again but I hate that he weighs less than me (particularly when he is 10 inches taller than me) and I hate that he got under 200 lbs before me and he wasn't even trying to lose weight. I know he's lost the weight because of illness and I feel rotten that I am jealous of him because he's looking so thin.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:28 PM   #11  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Baby steps - don't try to change it all at once but pick one or two things you can change this week and then add something else next week. And don't allow yourself to make excuses no matter how hard it is! You can do it!
Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:00 PM   #12  
Old Cackler

WHOA THERE GIRL!!!! take a breath. calm down. we've ALL done this many times until we found the right path for ourselves. i'm a firm believer in a routine [even started a thread on this in maintainers!!!]. and darlin... you have had your routine all twisted since you started working!!! no wonder you're just all disorganized and discombobulated!!!!

soooo listen. like mel said. babysteps. what can you do NOW? what can you do tomorrow morning? midmorning? lunch? and so on... bit by bit. break it on down.

there will be a bigger report on this event in wls, but briefly, i saw the dietician today, the one who specializes in helping us lose and maintain. her message: i should still be losing given my still low calorie intake and my heavy exercise schedule, and she made some very sensible recommendations for me.

but the important thing is how she phrased it: she said that it wasn't what i HAD TO DO. but rather WHAT I COULD DO and HOW I COULD MANAGE IT. and WHAT I WAS WILLING TO CHANGE FIRST. she views it as a long process - not even a next visit for at least a month!!!

soooo i'm asking you: what change can you manage right now? water? stairs instead of elevator? whatever it is... YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

and we love you.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:21 PM   #13  

Heh Dana,

As you have seen with all these postings, we have all been where you are. I was there a couple of months ago myself and felt at my wits end. It is very depressing but there is always hope. I know you are very busy with working full time and all the other responsibilities in your life. Try and carve out a few minutes and journal what you want and how you feel you can get it. You have done it before and you can do it again. I am with Apryl on the logging food, it just makes one conscious of what they are consuming. If you don't have energy for a grocery shop, do your take out food from the supermarket instead of a fast food place. When I feel overwhelmed with cooking, I go to Safeway and buy a premade salad, rotissiere chicken, whole grain buns and a premade fruit salad or quart of strawberries. Then you have left overs for the next day and you feel better knowing that you all ate healthier food. Even better, it makes you feel more in control again. You can and will do this and we are all here for you. I remember posting when I felt miserable and I don't think I articulated things as well as you have - you are in the valley right now but are heading towards the top of the hill. Keep going....I am here to do it with you as is everyone else. I think it also helps to look forward and not back, otherwise you just beat yourself up and feel worse. As a working professional with two little children, I hear you sister. Life is hectic. You can do this though and so can I. Be good to yourself! Hugs to you.

Jenaya

297/271/170ish
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:39 PM   #14  
Losing It :D

WOW! Dana look at all of the support you got!!!

We all beleive in you! like everyone said you CAN do it! remember this is a challenge and there will be hard times as well as good times, but when you hit a hard time you just have to pick yourself back up and continue the journey to sucess...

We are all rootin' for Yah!!! YoU cAn Do It!!!

Best Wishes!!!
Amanda
Amanda456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:16 AM   #15  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Such good advice, Dana! I don't have anything to add, other than don't give up.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote