Old 04-18-2004, 01:03 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Talking Cool Tips from "Losers"

Here are some great tips from the people at weight-watchers. I like them b/c they're from "real people" not just those stuffy old "certified phsyicians" I especially like the one about not buying what you can't control. Since my dad lets me do the shopping, I do that, and it really really helps. Have a great week!

If you've gotta splurge, splurge on veggies instead of chocolate. - Deena (lost 73 lbs.)

I don't save too-big clothes anymore. If it's not a 10 or smaller, it goes to Goodwill! - Susan (lost 26 lbs.)

A portion primer: Have half of what other people consider a "regular" serving. - Hilda (lost 45 lbs.)

Weight management starts in the grocery store. Don't bring it home if you can't control it. - Stephanie (lost 35 lbs.)

I love regular soda and hated the diet stuff until I started adding a lemon slice — instant taste! - Michelle (lost 65 lbs.)

Try 94% fat-free microwave popcorn. If I'm in the mood for spice, I add Cajun seasoning. If I want sweet, I'll sprinkle one packet of sugar on it. - Helene (lost 94 lbs.)

Rather than pouring dressing all over your salad, dip your fork into the dressing (which you order on the side) before spearing the lettuce. You'll be using 1/3 the dressing but getting a satisfying taste. - Diane (lost 50 lbs.)

It's not about eating as little as possible but eating what your body needs.
Eating too little may slow down your metabolism. - Amy (lost 35 lbs.)
When you're at a party, split one portion in two. Then you can go back for seconds. - Karen (lost 91 lbs.)

Look your best during the losing process. Don't wait to buy new clothes until you've reached your goal weight. Buy pants that fit you now. - Stephanie (lost 35 lbs.)

I do a lot of self-talk. I keep telling myself, "I don't need this chocolate bar. I don't need this chocolate bar." - Caroline (lost 37 lbs.)

Substitute a small spoon for the bigger one. That way you can enjoy the cereal, soup, whatever for a longer period of time. And keep a one-cup bowl handy so that you don't have to measure all the time. - Ricardo (lost 61 lbs.)

Frozen dinners are a quick and easy way to watch your calorie intake and portion size — especially if you're working late and might otherwise order take-out! - Sandra (lost 44 lbs.)

Don't give up your favorite high-fat recipes, just tweak them and make smart substitutions. - Michelle (lost 81 lbs.)

My friends and I love to eat out socially — a lot. Still, I've found that if I bring a snack or eat before I join them, I set myself up for success. - Nicole (lost 56 lbs.)
Old 04-18-2004, 01:53 PM   #2  
Live for the Moment!

Thanks Apryl for posting this...

Great inspiration for starting my day...

My two cents:

" Everything in moderation, a treat once or twice per month is not going to kill you or throw you off track... As long as your remember, its just a TREAT"
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:03 PM   #3  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thanks Apryl

There is some really good advice in there - and like you say, you can tell it is from people who have been there.

On TV the other day there was this personal trainer giving advice about dieting - the best tip he could come up with was 'every time you fancy a danish pastry, have a piece of fruit instead' - well yeah!

Love Amanda xxx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:17 PM   #4  
Crazy Canuck

Waist Watchers "Cravings" cheesecake from Reids Dairy, 52 calories, $1.19
President's Choice caffeine free, 0 calorie diet Cola, $1.25
Walking 2km to Canadian Tire to buy a Toronto Maple Leafs flag, $11.99
Settling down with my sweetie to drink diet pop, eat fat-free cheesecake, wave my Toronto Flag and watch the Leafs knock out Ottawa Senators, PRICELESS!

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:51 AM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Jill .. I hate to say this .. but my LEAFS have not won the cup since I've been alive!!! When will this happen???

Thanks for the tips.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:16 AM   #6  
Crazy Canuck

Yeah...and Ottawa won last night after all
But I have a feeling we're just lulling them into a false sense of security so we can take the series here at home! WOO HOO!

Yep, it's been a while since they won the Cup - 1967 in fact, and I wasn't even here to witness it! We were living in England at the time, there was no such thing as internet and it wasn't a priority with the British press, but I finally got a letter from "home" with the good news! But I'll never give up on my boys in blue!!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:47 AM   #7  

Whew! Some exciting hockey last night Jill!! I'm actually a Calgary Flames fan first (although I was starting to loose the faith, it's been soooo long since they made the playoffs. A girl in Ottawa only gets to see Calgary games when they make the playoffs, so it has been years and years since I have been able to watch more than the odd game on the CBC). They better not go into 3X overtime again tonight, or I'll never make it through the work day tomorrow!
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:17 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

<sigh> thank goodness!!! i've found a safe haven!!! HOCKEY FANS!!!!!!

of course, my heart belongs to the rangers [it's hereditary], but GREAT HOCKEY is the REAL DEAL!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote